Truth and homosexuality

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have noticed that we have had at least two posts on the subject of homosexuality. One was recently closed. I am saddened.

First, I am at an age whereas I am comfortable discussing anything under the sun.
Second, this is a world wide forum. Yes, we have youths who are living in a world that is not Muslim. They are subjected to all kinds of stimulation. Hollywood is probably putting out more same sex movies openly than ever before. Our youths see this and they have a right to question and be given intelligent answers within the guidelines of Islam.

We can not close a subject because it makes us uncomfortable. We have to have our learned members give evidence.We have many readers who are considering reverting to Islam. It is our duty to have mature and insightful discussions that will alleviate any misconceptions.

One of the beauties of our faith is the ability to discuss everything and anything. We do not fear anything except Allah.

Almaas

Walaykumasalaam

Well said. It's definitely one of those topics that needs to be addressed and talked about; Muslims living in the West need to know *exactly* why it's wrong, so other influences can't alter their views.

I get asked so often why it's not allowed in Islam, how I'd react if it was my child/relative (God forbid) etc. etc. Most Muslims I know can't even answer the question, all they can argue is that ''It's just wrong''.

Young Muslims need to be educated on such prominent issues.

arzafar

yes i think it this issue needs to be addressed. It is becoming widespread and must be discussed. How to prevent such things? therapy etc.

All i can say is that im thankful to my parents that they didnt allow me to play doctor, doctor as a kid. :rolleyes:

Domini9790

That was an excellent point. I actually have some gay friends. But I myself do not believe it is right, but it doesn't make them any less of a person. I will still be your friend. Same with beliefs. If you do not believe the same thing I do I will still be your friend. It doesn't matter about that. But I do not agree with gay marriage or even homosexuality as a whole. If Allah had intened on people to marry the same sex he would have only created females, or males. That is not the way he intended it to be. But the media does play a major role in the eyes of our young ones. Especially where I live, in the United States. It is very difficult to turn on the tv without seeing that all over.

U.Y.K

yes i think it this issue needs to be addressed. It is becoming widespread and must be discussed. How to prevent such things? therapy etc.

All i can say is that im thankful to my parents that they didnt allow me to play doctor, doctor as a kid. :rolleyes:

Why brother? I dont get why you're parents didn't allow you to play doctor? so you wont want to become one, so then you wont have to do therapy? I'm not saying it to make you angry just wondering why thats all ;):SMILY259:

And about homosexuality I need to educated too.. ;).. and other muslim youths..

DanyalSAC

Asalaamu alaikum -

Posting the same quotes over and over do nothing to dissuade this behavior. Most - no, almost all - homosexuals already know all that. When I posted my "don't hate me" thread here on TTI I was bombarded with people sending me links to sites talking about what a sin homosexuality is in Islam. Apparently they thought I was totally clueless to all of that or that all it takes is "Oh gee its a sin? I didn't know that, I'll stop right now!" and voila! life is great. Sorry it doesn't work like that.

What we need to do is get to the root of the behavior and find the cause, not to keep repeating the same "its a sin because it says in the Qur'an...". While most psychologists agree that there is no proof that people are born "gay" they will also agree very few homosexuals choose the lifestyle. Something happens in their upraising - abuse, lack of (or too much) attention from one parent or the other - Allahu alim. Its quite common to find more than one homosexual in a single family which means it could be nurture.

Unfortunately here in the United States it is very easy to be part of that lifestyle. Its actually quite protected. The gay lobby has a very loud voice. Several of the psychiatrists I've been to admit that they are under pressure to say "its natural, folks are born this way, leave it be". NARTH (National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuals) dares to try to go against the national trend and try to help homosexuals live a normal and healthy lifestyle; however they don't come cheap: a visit with a NARTH shrink runs almost 300 bucks for 45 minutes.

So what's the option? If prayer and faith alone was all it took then there would be no homosexuals struggling with their lifestyle.

Take it from someone with experience. Its a struggle. Its a jihad. Don't think for a moment "Oh nature will take over - just get married and that will Heal All". I know many faithful brothers who have tried that and ended up ruining their lives & the lives of the poor sisters they thought they could have a natural, normal life with. Unfortunately remaining celibate (to avoid sin) is not an option in Islam.

It ain't easy.

In peace

D.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
"So what's the option? If prayer and faith alone was all it took then there would be no homosexuals struggling with their lifestyle."

I strongly believe that Prayer, patience and faith alone is the solution to all the problems in the world including homosexuality, and all sorts of other addictions. The question is, how can we perfect our faith and make it strong? when someone has a strong faith it leads to a stronger and a better connection to Allah, and when one is connected to Allah, they can fight the shaytan and resist their own desires and wants and focus on the good. They can easily turn away from any or all temptation. It is through strong and pure faith which hearts heal, minds become clear, and good deeds and actions are done.

When we(people in general) break Allah's Commandments we do it either by mistake, or due to our weak Iman(faith) because for whatever reason, we cannot resist temptations or control our desires.

In other words, Faith, or the lack there of, has everything to do with our behavior and choices!

Homosexuality is a disease of the mind and the heart, and the only cure for it is to turn to Allah and leave it for His sake. Changing environements, praying and begging for Allah's help are a great start. May Allah cure those who have it, and protect us from it. Allahuma Amin.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
That was an excellent point. I actually have some gay friends. But I myself do not believe it is right, but it doesn't make them any less of a person. I will still be your friend. Same with beliefs. If you do not believe the same thing I do I will still be your friend. It doesn't matter about that. But I do not agree with gay marriage or even homosexuality as a whole. If Allah had intened on people to marry the same sex he would have only created females, or males. That is not the way he intended it to be. But the media does play a major role in the eyes of our young ones. Especially where I live, in the United States. It is very difficult to turn on the tv without seeing that all over.

Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said,
“The example of a good companion and a bad one is the bearer of musk and the worker on the bellows. A bearer of musk would give you some, you might buy some from him, or you might enjoy the fragrance of his musk. The worker on the bellows, on the other hand, might spoil your clothes with sparks from his bellows, or you get a bad smell from him.” (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim, this version being Muslim’s)

[And incline not to those who do wrong, or the fire will seize you.] (Hud 11:113)

[Therefore, shun those who turn away from Our remembrance and desire nothing but the life of this world.] (An-Najm 53:30

[Restrain thyself along with those who call on their Lord morning and evening seeking His face.] (Al-Kahf 18:28)

The following tradition, on the authority of Abu Hurairah, also corroborates the same concept: “Man models himself after his companion; so let each one of you see who he chooses for companion” (At-Tirmidhi).

:salam2:

Dear brother you should not take bad companion as your friends,and verily those who break big prohibitions of Allah, are bad compannions, and far away from Allah. Your duty is to try to advice them Inshallah, to repent to Allah, but if they do not listen you, you do not have nothing to do with them anymore. Allah will decide, will He guide them or He will let them to sin more, so on that way earn more punisment of Allah, as Allah subahn we teala sais in Quran.

And Allah and His Messanger sallahu alayhe we salam knows the best.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
A Muslim Saudi professor says the earthquake and tsunami in south Asia were punishment from Allah for homosexuality and fornication committed by residents and visitors of affected countries at Christmastime.
A television interview of Sheik Fawzan Al-Fawzan, a professor at the Al-Imam University, was translated and posted on the Internet by the Middle East Media Research Institute TV Monitor Project, or MEMRI TV. The interview can be viewed on MEMRI's website.

"These great tragedies and collective punishments that are wiping out villages, towns, cities and even entire countries, are Allah's punishments of the people of these countries, even if they are Muslims," stated Al-Fawzan. "Some of our forefathers said that if there is usury and fornication in a certain village, Allah permits its destruction."

The professor singled out beach resorts as places of sexual sin.

"We know that at these resorts, which unfortunately exist in Islamic and other countries in south Asia, and especially at Christmas, fornication and sexual perversion of all kinds are rampant," he said. "The fact that it happened at this particular time is a sign from Allah. It happened at Christmas, when fornicators and corrupt people from all over the world come to commit fornication and sexual perversion. That's when this tragedy took place, striking them all and destroyed everything. It turned the land into wasteland, where only the cries of the ravens are heard. I say this is a great sign and punishment on which Muslims should reflect."

Al-Fawzan urged Muslims to atone for their sin.

"All that's left for us to do is to ask for forgiveness We must atone for our sins and for the acts of the stupid people among us and improve our condition. We must fight fornication, homosexuality, usury, fight the corruption on the face of the earth, and the disregard of the lives of protected people."