Vice "Industry" in UK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I have been noticing a gradual rise in the number of women engaged in “funny” business in the UK and it is out there in the open for everyone to see, going for Esha Salah (late) particularly on the weekends I also notice that a lot of their customers are “Muslim immigrants”, I know the ethnicities but will not comment as it may be deemed racist!

In my younger days in California, we just kicked butt & cleaned the area up but Muslim youth of these days are not interested in being vigilantes and taking direct action…

In my observation it is also on the rise in Muslim areas of London, Birmingham, Manchester & Glasgow!

I was waiting in the car in London (family shopping) & a Muslimah (in scarf) decided to open the passenger side door, sit inside and offer me some services…My friend had the same experience in London & I didn’t believe it till it happened to me as well!

Birmingham is bad as well!

I am glad the Scotland is considering Swedish style of laws…

http://www.prostitutionprocon.org/international.htm

Muslims really need to do something about this in UK!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Asslamo Allaikum,

I was waiting in the car in London (family shopping) & a Muslimah (in scarf) decided to open the passenger side door, sit inside and offer me some services…My friend had the same experience in London & I didn’t believe it till it happened to me as well!

Waalaykumsalam

:astag: , Did u give the lady any advice or did she just when your wife comes??

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Well, i probably will be shocked to ....

What do u think is the root of this vice?

If it is money?? Then maybe the mosque can help

Maybe upbringing?? Then the parents play an important role

LeylaHussain

Salamu alaykum,

I live in the UK, but never heard about this phenomenom...
Is there some articles that I can find on the internet which talk about it?
You mention that these are hijabi sisters who do it... sounds pretty scary to me, how can this happen??
Let's preay for the muslim Oummah since I believe we are really going downer and downer.

wa salam :tti_sister:

Globalpeace

Banned
Reasons!

Asslamo Allaikum,

1) For immigrant Muslim men (Customers): No knowledge of Islam, being away from women, disposable income

2) For practising Muslim (UK) men (Customers): Need to spice-up their stagnant marriage lives, so they go into *!*!*!*! and stuff like that…
unfortunately, there is a segment of men who pray etc. but are into these things!

3) For Women (Non-Muslim): Poverty and desperation

4) For Women (Muslims): Clash of Culture vs. Islam and development of an identity crisis, running away from home and THEN Poverty and desperation

I have a good friend in Manchester who has done some research into this phenomenon & all of the above are his thoughts as I have no direct experience except for dealing with Brothers with 1 & 2!

I taught an 11 year daughter of one of these mothers, unfortunately I couldn’t help her because I had no Support from Muslim Sisters (Most Muslimahs have never come across these issues so have no idea how to deal with it!) & I had to EXPEL her because of some behaviour issues with Muslim boys….

This was roughly 6 years ago & I have been informed that she is now on the streets!

We (men) still discuss her at the school and although we all agree that at the time we couldn’t help her, but it is still unfortunate!

The incident did prompt me & others to seriously expand our Sisters Network & we are NOW geared up to deal with similar issues; but lets hope that we don’t have to because it was painful!

Well, i probably will be shocked to ....

What do u think is the root of this vice?

If it is money?? Then maybe the mosque can help

Maybe upbringing?? Then the parents play an important role

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Assalam Alykom

''May Allah (SWT) make us among those who cover the mistakes of our brothers and sister, so that Allah (SWT) have mercy on us on the day of Judgement''.... Amiin.

With my respect to everyone, it would of been better if we covered her mistake regardless of who she is... In those moments, ''we must direct a responsible sister to her or provide her with money and advice, or simply ignore her but make dua for her....

Since she is muslimah, we suppose to cover her dignity, and keep such incidents to ourselves and not to expose it.

I am sorry if this offended anyone, but if I kept it within me, I would be just like a satan... May Allah forgive us all.. Amiin, Amiin, Amiin.

Wassalam ALykom..

Globalpeace

Banned
Guilt!

Asslamo Allaikum,

You know when you try to help people but FAIL, it takes a lot out of you.

All you can do is learn from your mistakes and move on....But your failure lingers in the back on your mind.

Agreed, Akhi.

''May Allah (SWT) make us among those who cover the mistakes of our brothers and sister, so that Allah (SWT) have mercy on us on the day of Judgement''.... Amiin.

With my respect to everyone, it would of been better if we covered her mistake regardless of who she is... In those moments, ''we must direct a responsible sister to her or provide her with money and advice, or simply ignore her but make dua for her....

Since she is muslimah, we suppose to cover her dignity, and keep such incidents to ourselves and not to expose it.

I am sorry if this offended anyone, but if I kept it within me, I would be just like a satan... May Allah forgive us all.. Amiin, Amiin, Amiin.

Wassalam ALykom..

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
Assalam Alykom

Baraka Allah feek my brother... '' A man who admit his mistake openly, is a man of a wisdom''.... May Allah increase your imaan...

sammuslimah

:astag: i cant believe what his saying i have never heard of this in all my time in london are you sure those were muslims and they were not some next people trying to make us hijabis look bad i mean a good muslim girl will not even dream of doing such a thing what could drive them to that.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
Salam Aliakum

I saw a documentary before on CBC about women from other countries who were told they can work as nannies abroad only to be forced into prostitution. The documentary did not include any Muslims but whose to say that will never or has never happened. We assume/judge based on our first impression, I'm sure brother Globalpeace was extremely shocked and surprised when this happened to him. Maybe we should be ready to give out buisness cards for the Majisd....I dunno just an idea.

amyaishazouaoui

:salam2:

Vice is a huge problem in my area. Most of the "customers" are muslims. Its a vicious cycle.
Poor islamic education, continual forced marriage, unhappy marriages where husband and wife want out but cnat because of community pressures. Subhanallah

The other big problem is the drugs in the area, most of the english people round here are drug addicts, every time i go to the pharmacy, someone is collecting their methadone.

The mosques here are not equipped to deal with the problem, because seriously they need drug rehab programs etc to help the women get out of their situation. It is sad and most people I know condemn what they are doing and curse the women.....it is sad.
When I worked in housing I knew of a block of flats in Birmingham where floors were patrolled by young prostitutes, about 13 or 14 years of age some of them were. They were paying for drugs.

How did they get into this situation you may ask...... they were young and had boyfriends who got them into it. It rips my heart to pieces when I see people so desperate they have to resort to selling themselves.

The problem certainly need to be addressed, but how. we need t help the women in our community, we needs to educate the youth, we need to provide help for dysfunctional marriages, we need to educate the ummah, we need to provide serious counselling and rehab, we need to help these people's kids, we need to stop being judgemental. Show these women the beauty of islam.
.....you know how we can change all of the ummah and sort the ummah'ss problems????

We need to be united........one mosque or segment of the ummah cannot do it alone.

:wasalam:

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

It hurts sooooooo deeply to hear or read something like that. As some of reasonable men here said, if we came across something like that, we should try our best to help. If we couldn't offer any help, then we MUSTN'T spread it out. I believe that even if it is a phenomenon in some places, it should be delt with under the shade of secrecy and coyness.

WE NEED OUR COYNESS BACK.

Globalpeace

Banned
We have Issues which need to be discussed!

Asslamo Allaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Brother,

You are my dear and respected brother in Islam & You are always welcome to correct me and no offence taken!

1) She said, "Asslamo Allaikum"
2) She recited verses of the Qur'aan BEFORE giving me her Sales pitch!

Now, obviously I didn't have the time to discuss her Aqeedah in depth.

Unfortunately Muslimahs in Hijab/Niqaab are up to all sorts in UK!

I had a practising brother tell me 3 days ago, "I DON'T WANT TO MARRY ANYONE IN NIQAAB OR HIJAAB! I AM SICK OF MUSLIMAHS AND THEIR CHARACTER" I was shocked!

Good-looking, single, professional, mild-mannered brother with those thoughts? Shocking!!!!

I put some comments on the Niqaab thread and then deleted it because I will greatly offend my Sisters who are practising Niqaab for the sake of Allah (SWT)!

But I understand what he is saying!

I did say to him, "You have NEVER come across a Muslimah who practises for the sake of Allah (SWT) BECAUSE why would she speak/communicate with you? She will be modest, guard her chastity and has no reason to get in touch with you!!!!....That got him thinking that his observations are a bit flawed"

Brother, You have no idea what's happening here! Things are BAD!

As far as the Sister living in London is concerned; she obviously has no idea (what can I say?)!

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12804

Lastly! There are GOOD & BAD Brothers/Sisters…Not everyone is BAD but this doesn’t mean that we (as an Ummah) don’t have problems! We can choose to sweep things under the carpet and live in a blissful world and assume that we have no issues OR we can choose to bring it in the open and at least have a conversation about our issues!

My intentions by talking about controversial issues is NEVER to disgrace people, rather to bring issues to the fore-front which EXIST and need to be discussed!

How do you know she's a Muslima? wearing a scarf doesn't make a woman Muslim. Did she tell you she was? If she didn't, you had no right assuming she was. Sorry for the tone of my reply, but this resembles the Lie Talk (Hadeeth-ul-Ifk) which God talks about at length in Chapter 24. God's advice to us in matters like it is to "Think positively of themselves and say this is a blatant lie!" (24:12)

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
well, brother, it is not hard to believe you as there are people of different mentalities and yes you are right, issues of cultural identities etc..
but one thing intrigues me and that is, you mentioned: when she entered your car, she said slam alaikum and recited a verse from Quran and offered you her ....severices.
Now, i wonder, why would she recite a verse from Quran in order to sell her body?
i am asking this for a genuine reason and not to harass you for what you said.
barakallahu feek brother

wassalam

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Because that's how these women (wearing scarves) operate...

If they see that you have a Beard they say Salam & recite some Qur'aan; before the sales pitch!

I have also noticed that in the US "funny women" say Salam to you in New York city etc as you are walking around...shocks you the first time & then you get used to it...

I know that my comments are probably disgusting a lot of people but we have genuine issues; and the thoughts of a Practising Brother (who wants to get married) brought the issue to sharp foucs....He is young and seeing a lot of stuff on the streets in UK and his judgement towards Muslimahs wearing Hijab is being tainted....

P.S: I am purposely using the word "Scarf" & not "Hijab"

well, brother, it is not hard to believe you as there are people of different mentalities and yes you are right, issues of cultural identities etc..
but one thing intrigues me and that is, you mentioned: when she entered your car, she said slam alaikum and recited a verse from Quran and offered you her ....severices.
Now, i wonder, why would she recite a verse from Quran in order to sell her body?
i am asking this for a genuine reason and not to harass you for what you said.
barakallahu feek brother

wassalam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
I agree with you brother GP. There are issues which need to be reviewed and discussed so that we can help the current generation as well as the generation coming next. A Muslim with Eeman would never disgrace or humiliate another Muslim. Our intention is not that. We are nobody to force something upon them. But rather we should educate them. Rest is upto Allah.

I have met Muslims, who tell that they have relation with girls but that does not affect their heart or mind. Its just a show off, actually their heart and mind are not affected by love-making with bad girls. :astag: :astag: :astag:

I have noticed these among Muslims whose Eeman is weak. I am nobody to judge them but I am pointing out the wrong things which they do in front of people. You cannot ignore if something is wrong. We should not cover up or try to hide wrong stuffs. Or else this evil creeps into a person's character and behaviour without even his (or her) knowledge.

wa/salam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

I think i may have been one of those that was sweeping these issues under the carpet. May Allah (S.W.T) forgive me for doing that.

As you said brother GP these issues are very common and widespread in the UK, so instead of talking about it, i am going to do something. Muslim Youth Work. Instead of studying something for my own whims and desires, it would be better to help the Ummah. Obviously this wont be a over night success, but i think one has to set goals and Inshallah achieve them.

The only way to rectify the problem is by getting out there and helping those in need, get them out of these practices. This also involves the Ummah uniting, although again that is not going to happen overnight. Inshallah instead of talking about i am going to Inshallah try and do something.

Maybe i am being a little rosey posey about this, that everything will go well and to plan, although obstacles will be along the path.

Inshallah i made sense, although in my heart i know i need to do something and not to brush it away or not to think about it.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
No brother ayman. Actually these are the hypocrites whose desire for this dunya is much more than the reward in Hereafter. But Islam came to guide the ignorants. So we need to help these kind of men and women , who have craved their love for this world instead of thinking about the Akhirah.

wa/salam

amyaishazouaoui

No brother ayman. Actually these are the hypocrites whose desire for this dunya is much more than the reward in Hereafter. But Islam came to guide the ignorants. So we need to help these kind of men and women , who have craved their love for this world instead of thinking about the Akhirah.

wa/salam

:salam2:

some of them arent after this dunya as such, they are just surviving, because people like us (the ummah) who are meant to help the poor and needy, muslim and non muslim are not doing our job properly!!

:wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.