Was Eve created from Adam's Rib really??

BigAk

:salam2:

I don't recall any instance in the Quran that claims so. Has it been mentioned in the sunnah?? If not, what is the fact??

Thank you

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu:hearts:

I am sorry I do not know the answer :confused: I do not remember reading it in the Quran either. If I find the answer I will let you know . Ramadan Mubarak:hearts:

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
I found this article
"As the Holy Qur’an clearly indicates, the first human being was Adam (PBUH). Allah Almighty created him from soil and gave him spirit. The Divine wisdom created Eve in order for Adam (PBUH) to be a life companion and for human race to increase in numbers.

In the first verse of the Surah An-Nisaa, this creation is stated as, “O humankind! In due reverence for your Lord, keep from disobedience to Him Who created you from a single human self, and from it created its mate, and from the pair of them scattered abroad a multitude of men and women.”While interpreting this verse, what is generally said is as follows: “Allah Almighty created Eve from Adam’s left rib. In the meantime, Adam took a little nap. As soon as he awoke from his sleep, he saw Eve beside him. He was first surprised and then a familiarity and warmth took place between them.

This point is clearly revealed in some hadiths. Below are the some hadiths with regard to this matter:

Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Treat women well. Woman was created from a rib. The most crooked part of the rib is the top part. If you try to straighten it, you will break it. If you leave it, it remains crooked. So treat women well." [Agreed upon>

In a variant in the two Sahih collections, "A woman is like a rib. If you straighten it, you break it. If you wish to benefit from her, you can benefit from her in spite of her crookedness."

In a variant in Muslim, "Woman was created from a rib, and you will never find any means to straighten her. If you wish to benefit from her, you can benefit from her in spite of her crookedness. If you try to straighten her, you will break her, and breaking her means divorcing her."

Abu Hurayra stated, "The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, 'The most perfect of believers in belief is the best of them in character. The best of you are those who are the best to their women.'" [At-Tirmidhi>

Hadith points to both physical creation of female gender and the structure of their traits, character, and nature. Eve was the first woman. Allah Almighty, as a token of His wisdom, created her from a part of Adam (PBUH). All men and female to come were reproduced from these two human beings.

We cannot exactly know what wisdom and what sort of a law of creation in the creation of Adam and later Eve took place. Apart from demonstrating Divine wisdom, this creation also shows that father is primarily and mother is secondarily important. That is, since sperm, which forms the baby comes from father. He is the primarily important. As the late Elmalılı Hamdi Yazır puts it; “since it is male who causes the baby to develop first through his sperms, female is secondarily important.” (1)

Furthermore, the creation of Adam and Eve is completely an exceptional case. We need to point out the fact that according to men of science, in each cell of human being has been programmed characteristics of all of his/her organs. Whatever was to be created, the characteristics pertaining to this are allowed to appear, whereas the rest are repressed. In the light of this fact, in the creation of Eve, a cell from Adam’s rib may have been the basic cell out of which Eve was created. This could have been a cell in a hair or in lungs. Divine wisdom determined that to happen like this. "

Ramadan Mubarak :)

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
Additionally I want to share something that I like so much :D

"Woman was created from man's ribs. Not of his head to be above him... not of his feet to be walked upon. But from his side to be equal, from beneath the arm to be protected. And near his heart to be loved"

Almaas

"Woman was created from man's ribs. Not of his head to be above him... not of his feet to be walked upon. But from his side to be equal, from beneath the arm to be protected. And near his heart to be loved"

Asalaamualaykum,

Wow, I absolutely love it! :ma:

Where is this quoted from sisiter? :hijabi:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

mashallah, truly wonderful.

good for brothers to tell this to their wives when they get angry! :)

BigAk

We cannot exactly know what wisdom and what sort of a law of creation in the creation of Adam and later Eve took place. Apart from demonstrating Divine wisdom, this creation also shows that father is primarily and mother is secondarily important. That is, since sperm, which forms the baby comes from father. He is the primarily important. As the late Elmalılı Hamdi Yazır puts it; “since it is male who causes the baby to develop first through his sperms, female is secondarily important.” (1)

not sure I'm on agreement with the above here... and I am a male by the way!!!

ShyHijabi

Secondarily important? Now that is rather inflammatory. Males and females are of equal worth in the eyes of Allah. We have different roles and we are different in many ways but neither is more important than the other. A child is made equally of the father's seed and the mother's ovum. If you don't believe this then I challenge you to create a child without the ovum and see how you succeed. lol

Different does not mean lesser or more, it means different. You can have an apple and an orange but neither is better or more important than the other. And remember that paradise lies at the MOTHER'S feet...not the fathers.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

wow.. where did you find this from ? :)

q8penpals

Secondarily important? Now that is rather inflammatory. Males and females are of equal worth in the eyes of Allah. We have different roles and we are different in many ways but neither is more important than the other. A child is made equally of the father's seed and the mother's ovum. If you don't believe this then I challenge you to create a child without the ovum and see how you succeed. lol

Different does not mean lesser or more, it means different. You can have an apple and an orange but neither is better or more important than the other. And remember that paradise lies at the MOTHER'S feet...not the fathers.

Salam

THANK YOU SISTER!

Let's see, even with a sperm and ovum, how about a womb for 9 months, or breast milk to feed a baby?? Seems to me that the father's contribution is tiny compared to the mother's! LOL!

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
not sure I'm on agreement with the above here... and I am a male by the way!!!

Salam

THANK YOU SISTER!

Let's see, even with a sperm and ovum, how about a womb for 9 months, or breast milk to feed a baby?? Seems to me that the father's contribution is tiny compared to the mother's! LOL!

:) :) Not need to be tensed, nobody said this is a certain truth, only one scholar explains his idea.. Just an idea ! :p We trust on Allah's book and there is no such a verse to support this, nor a hadith. ;)

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.

Thats awesome. :)

Whenever some misunderstanding happens, I want my wife to remember me these words. :)

wassalam 'alaikum

revert2007

Love Fishing
when u are comparing men and women and keep on saying that men are more superior or women are more superior....this is all syatans work.
what is the point of debating in gender equality when Allah has clearly mentioned in quran of the women and men's role.

each and everyone of us is significantly important..women cant live without men and vice versa.that's the reason Allah created both man and woman.

i guess we should get back on the right track which is to learn quran,memorise it,memorise hadith and do dawah and increase our iman..

by condeming other gender..we are just increasing our sin

so there is no point on this discussion anymore.wife's jannah is under the husband's feet and the son's jannah is under the mother's feet
so both man and woman have importance here.

BigAk

Salam

THANK YOU SISTER!

Yup... That's what I also see.. (and I'm a male)

Didn't the messenger of Allah Muhammad (pbu) glorify one's mother three times before he acknowledged the father?? This is a known hadith as a matter of fact!!

BigAk

WOMEN IS WEAK AND MAN IS POWERFUL.....
women is not strong, but man is is....
thats why women is created from mens ribs...

I am finding it hard to believe that "WOMEN" are actually writing this sort of thigns, and I am a male (once again)... How/when did it come about that you started believing of such inferierity?? ...Subhan Allah..

BigAk

WOMEN IS WEAK AND MAN IS POWERFUL.....
women is not strong, but man is is....
thats why women is created from mens ribs...

Is this your own opinion or do you have any proof for that?? Even if it's your own opinion, it is still not sufficient to conclude that a woman was born off a man's rib.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

:) its very beautiful i read it in a book or online :D somewhere lol :) please end the mystery and tell us where u read it from :d