Wear blue for Autism!!

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
My son has Autism and is 8 years old...will be wearing it proudly inshallah!:hijabi::SMILY252::SMILY252:

Blue Hijab Day is Muslim Womens way of raising awareness about Autism and Autism Spectrum Disorders. RSVP on the facebook event page to let us know you are participating, and invite your friends to do the same.
Wear a blue hijab (or another kind of blue scarf or hat if you don’t wear hijab) on World Autism Awareness day: Friday, April 2nd.

Download the flier and distribute it at your Masjid (Mosque), School, Club, Work etc. put it on a noticeboard, in a sisters area, hand it out to friends, show it to family, write about it on your blog, facebook, website or in your Newspaper or Magazine. Wherever and however you can, let’s spread awareness about Autism.
There are probably millions of us with children on the spectrum, or who are on the spectrum ourselves, Autism affects about 67 million people worldwide! And there is not enough conversation about the Autistic Spectrum in our community. Let’s start that conversation the Jummah (Friday) of April 2nd 2010.

www.worldautismawarenessday.org

azmirush

Haven't heard of this before..but I'm going to be in all blue tomorrow-insyaallah. I'm in support of this move.

katieanneb

Salem sister,

I have no personal experience of autism, but I have seen plenty on TV about this syndrome. I wish your son all the best and may Allah give you the strength to give him the support he needs.

I've posted the link for world autism awareness day on Facebook. It may generate some interest. I'll have to see if I can find a blue scarf though, lol!!!

I wish you all the best and may Allah protect you.

Salem;

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum.
I am afraid this will fall under bi'da.When you order someone to do something specifically when it is not in quran or sunnah,it will be bi'da.if you ask people to wear hijab of any colour,that should be fine as wearing hijab is mentioned in quran..but ordering others to wear a specific colour isn't a good idea.

You should ask a scholor's opinion before manking an announcement.
Allah knows the best.

ShyHijabi

Bi'dah is innovated acts of worship, not something like this. She isn't saying to wear blue because it will bring you closer to Allah or that it is sacred, it's about awareness concerning Autism.

hana*

there is nothing bidah about this; all that the sister is doing is making awareness of Autism and for us to show our support of it.

i dont know why we as muslims make islam far harder than it really is, this shuns people away

revert2007

Love Fishing
Bi'dah is innovated acts of worship, not something like this. She isn't saying to wear blue because it will bring you closer to Allah or that it is sacred, it's about awareness concerning Autism.
Then explain to me why birthday and any other celebrations including Maulidul Rasul is bi'da?is that an act of worship?
and tell me why saying sadakallah al athim is bi'da.is that an act of worship?and the list can go on and they all doesn't fall under act of worhip.
Islam has never been harder.Islam looks harder when they pick and choose what they want to follow.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Yes it doesn't sound bidah she is not saying its part of religion or mentioning any hadith to do. Its just one day for the awareness, I every time wear blue jeans and advise every one to wear it so is it bidah?

Ibn Uthaymin

Thanks for posting. I did not know what Autism is, just checked on Wikipedia , it says Autism is a neurodevelopmental disorder.

Innovation is regarding matters of religion, I don't think this is innovation. Everything related to worship is haram until there is evidence, everything related to this world is halal until proven otherwise.

What does that mean? How is it used?

Saqadallahul Azeem is an innovation,it means "Allah has spoken the truth". People generally say it after reciting Quran. The sunnah is to say:

سبحانك اللهم وبحمدك اشهد الا اله الا انت استغفرك واتوب اليك

"Glory is to Allah, all praise is to You. I bear witness there is none worthy of worship but You. I seek Your forgiveness and repent to You. ( An- Nasaaii, Abu Dawood, Ibn Majah At-Tirmeethi see also Saheeh At-Tirmeethi by Al-Albani 3/153)

Allah Baraka feek :)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Then explain to me why birthday and any other celebrations including Maulidul Rasul is bi'da?is that an act of worship?
and tell me why saying sadakallah al athim is bi'da.is that an act of worship?and the list can go on and they all doesn't fall under act of worhip.
Islam has never been harder.Islam looks harder when they pick and choose what they want to follow.

Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi,

As far as I know, raising awareness for a disease doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of religion. Maybe if it was a yearly celebration then the ruling would be different. But having disease awareness days (or weeks) and vaccination drives at a particular day or week, I dont see how that would come under bidah.

However celebrations (Birthday, Mawlid and other innovated acts of non muslims) and act involving worship (saying SadaqAllahul Adheem) fall under religion and therefore we are not to exceed the bounds from Sunnah and Quran.

I hope this makes it clear. It is better to consult a Shaykh or someone learned.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullai

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I wear wear the prettiest baby blue jihab I own.

Folks...has it not occured to you that light might be shed on a subject. Sister A says to sister B I like the color of your jihab. Sister B responds: Oh, thank you..I am wearing it because it is AAD. And who knows Sister A may donate to help find cures for Autuism, fund a group home, fund a respite site.

DanyalSAC

What can a brother do to raise awareness? They kinda frown on brothers wearing blue - or any other color for that matter - hijab (headscarves) at my masjid ;)

azmirush

there is nothing bidah about this; all that the sister is doing is making awareness of Autism and for us to show our support of it.

i dont know why we as muslims make islam far harder than it really is, this shuns people away

Fully agreed. I am wearing blue for my support.
Lady in blue!

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
You can wear anything blue...a kufi for the brothers, pants,tie, thobe...etc!

Its just for awareness inshallah...there are probably many children on the spectrum in the muslim community also and maybe this will shed some light on it. My son was diagnosed at 2 years old and is receiving occupational and speech therapy at his school, he has improved a lot, alhamdullilah!:hijabi:

If you want to download a tag you can go to this site inshallah:

www.muslimasoasis.com/projects/bluehijabday

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
I can see where you are coming from sister, I have nothing againt's people with this disease may Allah help them and I feel for the creator of this thread :(

But regardless.. we canno't make "autism day" "cancer day" sooner or later we will have "halloween for muslims"
Someone should ask a scholar and produce the proof, Allah knows best
and sister "Revert" I almost tripped out when you said saddiqAllah al atheem, I thought it spelt subhanAllah al atheem, which has great reward in it

SubhanAllah wa bi hamdik, subhanAllah al atheem, who ever reads this say this phrase 100 times a day !! Allah will forgive your deeds inshallah :)
Hold hard to the sunnah !!