Weird Dream

dianek

Okay, so I am firm believer that dreams have meaning......what this means I have no idea......but here goes....

Last night I dreamt that I was talking to a friend, a Catholic friend, only in the dream she was wearing a hijab.....I asked her "Okay, cool, but you aren't going to go to a niqab ARE you?" She laughed and so NO! So we continued walking and ended up in a house somewhere.....When I would sit in a certain spot in this house I would feel this choking sensation, like something was strangling me with their hands. I was freaked out and we called a "psychic" who came to me and stood over me while this was happening and performed rituals.......but it seemed her rituals angered the "demon/ghost" whatever so it made itself seen......it was a girl, maybe in her teens, with her feet in the air behind her and her face in my face with black eyes and she was inhaling deeply in my face sucking the breath from me. In my sleep I could feel the gagging sensation.....I felt she was trying to take my soul out of me. I raised my hands to do the sign of the cross and repeat verses from the Bible and nothing worked.....I was frantic, struggling, then screamed Allahuakbar.....I said it twice and it stopped and disappeared.....in my dream I went straight to my friend and took her hijab and put it on and swore not to remove it. How crazy is that? I woke up still feeling a lump in my throat and woke my husband up to hold me. I told him about the dream and then he recited some ayah's......after that I slept just fine and no dreams. Any thoughts?

loveislam1

Hello there Dinek,
I didnt have any dreams like yours but before converting to islam when I was a teenager and young adult, about once every two weeks I would have these horrible horrible pains in my intestines and organs and bones while I was sleeping, in the middle of my night I would wake up to sweating and physically having to force myself to raise up in bed to stop the pain .....it felt like all my organs and bones and intestines like they were being crushed and squeezed and broken, it was one of the worse feelings of my life

I got to the point where I knew it was happening and remember I would have to keep telling myself wake up come on get up it felt like if I didnt wake up and get myself breath that I would have been physically squeezed to death, like I said this pain was physical, my heartrate changed I sweated I would be cluching my stomach when I woke up.....and I actually felt it in my organs like my kidneys and my stomach and my liver etc. my bones in my chest......like I said this went on for a few years! All this time I was also a very restless person and was wandering my my life with no aim subhanallah.....

This went on for close to 3 years every few weeeks the same feelings would make me raise up from my selep. After I found Islam, I havent once in my lfie had this ever again and it has been nearly 10 years mashallah, I dont know what it means but sometimes I think it was a simulation of what happens to people in the grave maybe a warning or something, if I didnt search for a path in earnest or at the least find my aim in life I was being warned or something? allahu alym, i am not saying this is because i am not an expert on dreams and have never been to anyone religious to ask what it meant.

May ALLAH subhana wa ta'ala guide youto what you are searching and inshallah may you intend to search for what is true and best ameen. And may ALLAH keep all of us on the straight path ameen.

Mohamed's wife

Muslim for life
:salam2:
i get bad dreams everynight, two or three of them. In the dream, im being chased in different places until i stopped from being worn out and they just catch me and i "black out" until another dream of being mentally and emotionally wornout and they catch me again and try to rip me into pieces inside, all i love, all the good feelings, everything that is true and good that makes feel human be "murdered" voilently. The last dream of the 2 or 3 for the night is usually about me just barely hanging on, trying to wake up but sometimes wake up screaming, grabbing for something or lay there with my eyes open but cant move but im still dreaming with my room being transparent behind the dream and i m reaching for it, trying to wake up.... its been going on for many months. I told my husband, he just kinda dismissed it as if its nothing. I am reallly tired, i hate sleeping, sometimes i feel like it s easier to just stand there and go with them.

dianek

I can't imagine having such a dream over and over.....I usually don't mind bad dreams, sometimes find them interesting...I am a horror movie fan...tee hee! But this one freaked me out. Usually my bad dreams are feeling this horrible force lingering on top of me and I can't move and I keep thinking I am awake and try to wake my husband but I can't talk, move anything....then sometimes I think I am up and moving and I am not......but last night just took the cake.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I can't imagine having such a dream over and over.....I usually don't mind bad dreams, sometimes find them interesting...I am a horror movie fan...tee hee! But this one freaked me out. Usually my bad dreams are feeling this horrible force lingering on top of me and I can't move and I keep thinking I am awake and try to wake my husband but I can't talk, move anything....then sometimes I think I am up and moving and I am not......but last night just took the cake.

hi there..

my father interprets dreams...and inshallah i will tell him of your dream..if i may ask..was it a long or a short dream? (this matters when it comes to the meaning)
i have learned some things from him
and it sounds like a vision..dreams are random and irrelevant..visions are the ones that carry meanings and/or messages..
i am in college right now...within the next few hours i will give you an interpretation inshallah
if you don't mind of course!

take care

dianek

hi there..

my father interprets dreams...and inshallah i will tell him of your dream..if i may ask..was it a long or a short dream? (this matters when it comes to the meaning)
i have learned some things from him
and it sounds like a vision..dreams are random and irrelevant..visions are the ones that carry meanings and/or messages..
i am in college right now...within the next few hours i will give you an interpretation inshallah
if you don't mind of course!

take care

I would LOVE that.......I am guessing it was ongoing for an hour or so, the whole dream....I am always looking for a sign of the right path and pray nightly and normally when I do the cross of christ and repeat Psalms in my dreams the events STOP......but this time they didn't, seemed to mock me.....then, as I am not currently Muslim, I shocked myself and said Allahuakbar and this worked...

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I would LOVE that.......I am guessing it was ongoing for an hour or so, the whole dream....I am always looking for a sign of the right path and pray nightly and normally when I do the cross of christ and repeat Psalms in my dreams the events STOP......but this time they didn't, seemed to mock me.....then, as I am not currently Muslim, I shocked myself and said Allahuakbar and this worked...

:)

as soon as i get home..i will make sure that you get an interpretation..it's sounding very powerful (symbol and message wise) as far as i know..dreams like that are always very interesting to interpret..

i'll get back to you in a few hours inshallah

salam

dianek

You know the whole "and yey though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil"

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Yes it is, Psalms 23, along with the my fingers making the symbol of the Cross.....thanks again so much!

you sure are more than welcome!!!
details like that are nice to know...
even though when interpreting my dad does not ask any questions about the person or even the issue (if there was a specific one) prior to interpreting..
after he is done
he will ask me a few questions to confirm whether the interpretation he made would pertain to the situation of the person or who he or she might be..
it's an attempt from him to be very objective while making the interpretation
and he had done many for me and my friends.....and believe me..it's creepy how he gets to the very heart of the situation that the dream relates to...even though he might not know A SINGLE THING about it or about the person AT ALL
it's a gift..that i wish i possessed

Kirn

I have had dreams that dont just end there but have meanings to them.I have even dreamed about hereafter and that too when i was only 12 years old,i was soo scared by different thoughts i had i woke up sweating!But luckily i dont dream much and when i do its either something scary r completely hilarious.......

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
i got the interpretation for your dream..

my father was very shaken by this dream by the way..

he said that it is a divine warning to you in the following ways..

your friend is the symbol of all that you trust and that you are familiar with..she is also the physical resemblance of your beliefs (Christianity)..

her coming to you wearing the hijab..is your struggle to understand Islam and come to respect it as a divine religion manifested to you physically as well..and your question to your friend was the mocking attitude you may feel towards Islam openly and/or secretly

Almighty God...manifested His power to you through specific instances..

the choking sensation..the panic..and the fear...are the wrongful and perhaps false convictions you hold to be sound and true (what they are..you're the only one who knows)..they were choking you as a way for you to *feel* the evil nature they possess..

God presented that evil to you in the form of the girl with the black eyes..He allowed you to literally *see* that evil as well as *feel* it

then He allowed you to seek three ways to rid yourself of that evil..

1. the psychic...who represents all the undivine..and man-made..beliefs..all the ostentations..and innovations that these or other beliefs (not through Almighty God) hold..their presence and occurance..made the evil stronger and much more apparent to you..

2. the cross...it is what you know..what you believe in NOW..what you acknowledge and worship Almighty God through and hold to be your salvation..

3. Allahuakbar..is the final way..and the essence of this dream..God Almighty wanted to reveal to you...than NONE is to be sought after but HIM..and NONE can rid you of all that is wrongful and evil but HIM..*God is the Greatest*..was the *seal* and *end* to your struggle..and panic..just as God claims *Islam* to be the *seal* and *end* to corruption in religion

Almighty God let you seek His salvation through 3 ways (basically)..and
now it is up to you to choose..this was a spiritual awakening of Divine intervention...TAKE IT VERY SERIOUSLY!!!

God Almighty..is directing you towards a certain realization..if you still find it difficult to accept it or realize it..rid your heart of the mocking attitude towards it..and at *least* learn to *respect* it..but never fail to keep in mind that..you seek God only through the truth He presents to you..that you don't allow ANYTHING to come between you and Him..cuz you ONLY need HIM..as *He is the greatest*

my father told me to tell you that..you have a lot of pondering to do..and a lot of attitudes that you need to work on..this is a major warning to you..and you need to open your heart to it..and seek your salvation..QUICK..

and he warns you against mockery of other beliefs..
take very good care of yourself..and in the upcoming days..pray often..
as neglecting and/or rejecting this warning may cause you great harm (God forbid)

i hope this helps..should you have any questions..please don't hesitate to ask me..when my dad made the interpretation..i literally wrote it down for you..if you feel confused..or feel like a certain part of the dream was not interpreted..also let me know..as i would be pleased to refer back to my father to get clarification from him

Take very good care of yourself..and though you are not my sister in Islam..you are my sister in humanity..and for the sake of *that* sisterhood..I sure ask Allah to protect you and bless you..and brings comfort to your heart and your spirit..

salam

arabiantxn

thats very scary! to see on tv and to exprience in person very diffrent
Even if you were are not a Muslim. I suggest you perform wadu (ablution) and read Ayat al kuris. This should help you-.
inshalla we can pray for you and your familys safety.-becareful.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam,

This is all very deep and I hope and pray she realises how much of a blessing this dream was to her. I once knew of a girl that lived in New Zealand who had a similar dream to this and fortunately for this person she embraced Islam.

Allah knows best what the outcome of this sister will be.

Salam

dianek

I would say he hit the nail on the head, so to speak, only I don't think I mock islam so much as that it is I know the attitudes of those non-muslims around me and I fear retribution from them, not that I detest or make fun of Islam. How can I? I live an "islamic" life for the most part due to my husband and children. Thank your father very much for me...I am printing the post to share with my husband this evening. Gosh, it was very enlightening, especially since I pray every night for answers.......in addition, my husband and I can be so distant and cold to each other.....we had been arguing for several days now and not speaking......immediately from this dream I woke him to hold me and did a "prayer" and ran his hands over my face....like I said I slept like a baby afterwards.

gazkour

Strange Dream.

Dear Dianek,

I had a series of very similar dreams at the time when I was deciding between Islam and Christianity. But I think my dreams were worse. I remember I could no breath or move as "someone" was trying to strangle me being on top of my chest while listening to like a 100 horrible and confusing voices whispering in my ear. I felt like all those "beings" wanted to grab mu soul and take it away. I remember saying : in the name of Jesus! But nothing happend, but when I mentioned : Allah Allah, the dream would stop. At the beggining I though that It was a "punishment" for wanting to convert to Islam as it was happening several times, but as soon as I did convert, evertything stopped forever and since then I have felt the peace that I never felt before as christian.
So my conclusion is that something horrible (Shaytan) didn't really wanted me to convert to Islam. I just can add, that is the best thing that can happend to any being on this earth. Alhamdulillah for now being a muslim! :hijabi:
May Allah guide you through your search and give you peace in your dreams!

Take care.

dianek

Let me note though, in past dreams the Psalms and the cross always made them stop until this time......since I started communicating with you all here.

dianek

Dear Dianek,

I had a series of very similar dreams at the time when I was deciding between Islam and Christianity. But I think my dreams were worse. I remember I could no breath or move as "someone" was trying to strangle me being on top of my chest while listening to like a 100 horrible and confusing voices whispering in my ear. I felt like all those "beings" wanted to grab mu soul and take it away. I remember saying : in the name of Jesus! But nothing happend, but when I mentioned : Allah Allah, the dream would stop. At the beggining I though that It was a "punishment" for wanting to convert to Islam as it was happening several times, but as soon as I did convert, evertything stopped forever and since then I have felt the peace that I never felt before as christian.
So my conclusion is that something horrible (Shaytan) didn't really wanted me to convert to Islam. I just can add, that is the best thing that can happend to any being on this earth. Alhamdulillah for now being a muslim! :hijabi:
May Allah guide you through your search and give you peace in your dreams!

Take care.

What brought you to consider islam?

chaandani

Goofy Member
wow. ur dream is freaky deeky. i had a similiar dream, but a mob of people were just yellin and screamin and i couldnt get them to stop until i started praying (and at that time, i too was looking to understand islam). nothing as scary as yours, but when i woke up, i took the shahada instantly regardless. i dont mean to sound pushy, but i think u should listen to sister a_muslimah86 she and her father have said some wise words. dream easy. :)