What are you trying to attain or give up?

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalamu Alykum,

Well as the thread says, what are the things your trying to attain or give up. The reason for the thread was as Muslims we need to help to attain items that will help us in our Iman and give up, so Inshallah maybe you can help me :). I'll start:

Attain:

Read, Memorize and understand more Dua's that are commonly used on a day-to-day basis, like before entering the bathroom, when leaving the house etc.

Inshallah help other muslim brothers and sisters i know, in many aspects such as in Islam, work and other problems.

Inshallah try and improve my Salah, such as the speed i pray in, i have now managed to slow down, i didnt pray fast but, lets say there was room for improvement.

Inshallah learn more verses of the Quran that i can use in my Salah, at the moment i only have Ikhlas, Falaq, Nas and Ayatul-Kursi.

Grow a beard, only concern is, is it okay to shave of the moustache, as it does not look good on me.

There is many, many more that i have not mentioned but others can Inshallah :)

Give Up:

Listening to music, before i actually found out music was haram i did listen to it, but my brother said its okay to listen to it as long you dont listen too much. But i guess he was wrong, Inshallah its been two days since i opened a music file, so instead of listening to the same old music as i did, i listen to the same old talks which help me remember Allah (S.W.T) and improve my Iman.

Not to get angry when i see people do wrong or being stupid, and instead make Dua for them. Inshallah i do this a lot and Inshallah i will stop and think and make Dua for them.

There is a lot more but i just cant think of some right now, they will probably all come flooding back when others post, Inshallah.

Alhamdulilah, Inshallah there will be some replies :)

Wasalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

I attend a Quran class. My teacher told us that this is the month to follow one practice of the Prophet (swas). Something as easy as clipping fingernails on Fridays for the rest of your life. If, Inshalla, I am granted ten more years of life, I will have ten more blessings in my life. I thought this was lovely.

ShaheedU

Extinct
I am trying to learn Surah Mulk, the incentives definitely there! Protection from the punishment of the grave!!

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Mashallah, i forgot to metion :)

Im trying to learn the first 10 verses of Surah Al-Kahf (i think its Kahf, cant remember)

Inshallah Brother Shaheed you will learn Surah Mulk and that was very lovely about clipping the finger nails, i need clip my toe nails, ewww :)

ShaheedU

Extinct
lol, you're right, ewwwwww.

You should listen to Salah Bukhatir and learn it from there inshaAllaah, just get the whole Surah and cut it after 10 ayats, then it should be easy inshaAllaah.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Its weird i managed to learn Ayatul Kursi, so Inshallah i should learn this, i really need to, i cant wait for these 2 weeks off, im gonna set a time to learn the first 10 verses and Surah Al Mulk is not that long, so Inshallah will try my hardest to learn it ASAP.

Wasalam

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
:salam2:

To attain: more Sabr (patience), learn more surahs, stronger memory, and...my other half of the Deen :)

To give up: hastening, forgetfulness, sleeping. :astag:

wasalaam.

justoneofmillion

www.quranexplorer.com i was wondering wether there was a "quran" in arabic but with roman letters who knows may be it exists i know there is one for blind people you know the brail. i think it would be then easier for you to memorise am sure it exists and if it doesn`t somebody has got to write it down somehow!!!!!
dua when you are going to the mosque:

"allahuma ijaal fi qalbi nooran,wa fi lissani nooran, wa ijal fi bassari nooran ,wa ijal min khalfi nooranwa min amami nooran wa ijal fi fawki nooran wa min tahti nooran allahuma itini nooran"(muslim)trans:eek:h allah let it be light in my heart and light in my tongue,light in my eyes in front and behind me let it be light underneath and upon me oh allah give me light

when you enter the house"bissmillahi wa lajna wa bissmillahi khrajna wa ala llahi tawakkalna"(abu daud)
trans:"in the name of allah we enter and in the name of allah we get out and on allah we count"

when you get out of the house:"bissmillahi wa tawakkaltu allah wa la haula wa la kuata illa b`illah"(tirmidi)
translation:in the name of allah and on allah i count and there is neither might nor improvement without allah"

when finsh wudu:"allahuma ijalni mina ttawabin wa ijalni mina `l mutatahirin"(at tirmidi)" oh allah make me among those who repent among those who are pure"

when you go to bed you open yor handand read al ikhlas;al falaq ,an nas and then you rub your face and shoulders with it you know just like after tasleem you do it before you close you eyes

if you wake up at night suddenly:allahumma innaka khalkta nafsi wa anta twafaha laka mamataha wa mahiaha fa itha ahiaytha fah`fidha wa in amattaha fa irfir laha allahumaini asaaluka al afia"oh allah you veriy you `ve created my soul or being and you are the one that will bring it to it`s death to you belongs it`s life and death so if you bring it to life than protect it and if you keep it so forgive it oh allah am asking you forgivness"(muslim)

SinBAD i will give you some more tomorrow inshallah thre are quit a bunch so i will try to translate to you the most basics ok sis thanks for asking don`t worry we will work it out!!wassalam

SINDBAD:)

wassalam

sindbad

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Attain: more memorisation of the Quran, understanding the translations of the verses and Surahs I have already memorised - those are the main two things I've focused on since the end of last Ramadan. Hopefully I can reach my personal goals I've set for myself by this Ramadan. Have been going quite slow last few months. That was until QuranExplorer.com came across my path. It was like a sudden catalyst.

Give up: Going through mood swings as a result of being attached to worldly things .. and people.

sista fahima

inshallah learning more surahs, thanks for the advice on suratal mulk i will try memorising it inshallah.

alhamdulillah i have given up listening to music for about 3months now, i use to listen to soooo much music, i relised i knew more songs then the Qaran soo it made me think! also i would sleep, wake up having a song in my head and subhanallah that is bad, soooo i stoped and bought a reciter instead. inshallah i will increase my memory of the quran by memorising a ayat a day inshallah. u kno wot i cant describe how i feel now that i stoped listening to music, but all i can say is my heart feels more cleaner then b4 alhamdulillah.

also started praying properly alhamdulillah and inshallah will continue till i die.

wasaalm:hijabi:

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

To attain: more Sabr (patience), learn more surahs, stronger memory, and...my other half of the Deen :)

To give up: hastening, forgetfulness, sleeping. :astag:

wasalaam.

"other half of the deen" : InshAllah..u will get the best one

u cannot give up sleeping bro...u mean to sleep less...??

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Alhamdulilah with replies, regarding sleep, you could just try and pray your Witr as late as possible, but it is difficult as i went to bed at 10.45pm, that was baiscally just after i read Isha, its difficult because your tired, Although i did Wudu before i went to asleep and i felt alive again :)

With the dua's day to day basis, i have learned and memorised: Entering the bathroom, Leaving the bathroom, During Wudu, After Wudu.

The only problem is remembering to say the Dua's, especially Entering the bathroom as i sometimes forget, Inshallah i wont today :)

Thanks to brother justone because those would have been very useful if i hadnt purchased the Dua book. :)

Well now Inshallah i am going to read Surah Al-Kahf, and inshallah will go on memorise some more dua's and even try and memorise the first verse (ayah) of Surah Al-Kahf. Inshallah you will all make it to Juma today and Inshallah so will I.

Alhamdulilah

Wasalam