Votes: 28 9.4%
  • South American

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 30 10.1%

• Total voters

Submitter

:salam2:

I thought it would be interesting to see what background people on this forum are from. I don't mean where you are living right now. Rather, where your parents are from; where your roots are. So get voting! I'm from a Pakistani background.

Let me know if you think I could improve the poll with further options or refinements.

:wasalam:

PS. This is a private poll so your vote will not be visible to others.

*EDIT: Ah, I can't edit the poll. Oh well... Was just going to change Arab/Persian to Arab/Persian/Gulf Region but its no biggy :biggrin:

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalam.

hmmmm... interesting I wonder how far this'll go. But first and last I'm a Muslim... afterwords I am whatever nationality.

Wassalam.

samiha

---------
Staff member
I guess it was forgotten or considered part of:

Indian/Pakistani/Bengali/Sri Lankan

BintMuhammad

Staff member
I guess it was forgotten or considered part of:

Indian/Pakistani/Bengali/Sri Lankan

oh, but im not an indian/pakistani/sri lankan :girl3:

Submitter can you add Philippines to that so I know how many Filipinos actually know this site? :muslim_child: Jazakaallahu khayr

Kayote

oh, but im not an indian/pakistani/sri lankan :girl3:

Submitter can you add Philippines to that so I know how many Filipinos actually know this site? :muslim_child: Jazakaallahu khayr

Excuse me if my geographical terms are rusty but I thought Philippines comes under 'Far East' or 'East Asian', does it not?

Submitter

Yes Phillipines would be "far east". I tried to cover every part of the world. I could have just listed continents but because Asia is so huge it made sense to break it down into the main regions. If anyone insists on changes then I think a moderator can change it :)

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Wa alaykum salaam

Ok, this is cool to know where everyone is from...

Im kashmiri....but i choose pakistani....was closest

wasalaam

user expired!

assalumailkum,

its amazing to see how far Islam has spread throughout the world. subhanallah!
by the way i am of banladeshi descent living in th uk.... tough times!

Tamer

I choose Europe because I was born and always lived in Italy , but my origins are from Syria so I'd have also to choose Arab. I choose Italy 'cause it's here I've been living for most of my life.

Slave Of Ar-Ra7MaN

#Islam #Oreos
salaamz

omA :lol: dunno what to choose:confused: ... my dad is from yamen (arab) and my mom is from somalia and i used to live there but neva seen Yamen... tho i live in USA now ... but i think i shud go with African;)

wassalamu 3aleykom

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
I was born in Suadia Arabia, lived in London from the age of three years up to the present time. Despite that, I am still Somalian.

It is nice to see how far spread islam is

Destiny_Jannah

AsSalamu Aleykom

what determines your background?

Is it where you born or what your dad and your mom are?
how do you determine which site to take if your dad and mom are from different nationality?

elmorro

Ok :confused: , there is a little thing I would like to mention. I am from Morocco (North west Africa), 75% of me is Arab and 25% is native North African (Natives also called AMAZIGH live in Algeria, Tunisia and Libya as well). My country consists of about 60% of natives and the rest are Arabs. Ofcourse I consider my self Muslim first. Being African... I am, Arab... I guess I am, native...I guess so too.

I think I'll go for African since I love this continent so much.

I like the idea though, It shows how great the Ummah is.

Thank you Brother!

PS: Tarik Ibnu Ziad was AMAZIGH like many other respected names in the Islamic history.

cadette

I chose african

I chose African, cause I"m 3rd generation South African. but my great grand parents (all of them) came from India.

However I'm Muslim first and then African. I don't really consider myself to be much of an indian since its so far in my past.

PS;; I like the new smilies :hijabi: