What do you eat for iftar?

aisha16

Saalam All! :D

Just wondering since I'm bored and hungry...what do YOU usually have for iftar? For me it's Sambuus, Buur, Random Junkfood...lol.

P.S. Hope this doesn't make ppl extremly hungry since we're all fasting and whatnot..:D

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom Wrahmatou Allah,

I always try to have some dates (Tamr) and milk.
Today I had instead a cup of Tee (actually mint and verbena with no tee) with some cookies :).

Wassalam

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

Today, i had the most delicious sambus ever!!! For the past few days i had dates and milk. it's pretty good. Its very healthy.

wasalam

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Sambuus, Sambus, Sambosa = Samosa ??

Our humble community breaks fasts together at the mosque. The food with which we open our fast shows our diversity. We have all kinds of dates from different parts of the world. And all kind of snacks from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Middle eastern countries, Malaysia, American (Nuggets & lemonade ? umm) and I could go on & on. We also eat a lot of fruits, which shows the healthy side of our lives. :)

I like the smell of this black tea these Arab brothers have. I guess it is from Jordan.

It is a lot of fun.. And everyone is being generous and kind to one another Alhamdulillah.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi..

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum

well as for me ,i do the normal Pakistani iftar ,

Dates ,water , these days some lassi since its summer , then some pakoras a couple may be lol ,then salad , lol to be honest i eat all that in fast forward ,too bad i know ,then i head to masjid ,,,,

Alhamdulilah

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
assalamo alaikum,
for me pakoras, fruit chat, dates, sandal or orange or lemon juices (sharbat), chana chat etc.
and i dont take dinner as i usually take in other months. above mentioned things are enough for me uptill sahoor.
wasalam

meer suhail

ILM seeker
assalamo alaikum,
for me pakoras, fruit chat, dates, sandal or orange or lemon juices (sharbat), chana chat etc.
and i dont take dinner as i usually take in other months. above mentioned things are enough for me uptill sahoor.
wasalam

yup thats definitely Pakistani almost standard iftar these day :D

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Sharbat reminds me of a chilled glass of 'rooh afza'. Such a good thirst quencher & absolutely delicious..

I better not view this thread when I am fasting.. :D

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I pray salat al Maghrib,then I eat some dates with a glass of hot milk,then I change every day the menu:from a dish of pasta with tomato to pizza and Parmigiana,fish,some cheese and chips,msamman or some kind of arabic bread with tea.I also eat chicken's paella,spinaches with baked eggs.I mix italian food with maroccan one and each time I enter in the kitchen I come out with my hands full of food.Fi Ramadhan kana al khair.:wasalam:

fatma_said

Feast

In my house it has been a tradition ever since i remember to cook a feast and we never eat out for ramadan.
when the athan sounds we eat dates, samosa, buur (special bread), malawah (like flat pancake), ta'miyaa, sometimes shurba and fool. (mind you this is before we pray
:SMILY149:

After we pray we either have lasange, pasta or rice
we go taraweeh..
then we have desert :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

I like to start with dates and water, then some vegetable soup and Finnish rye bread with cheese.

:shymuslima1: Don´t talk about food... I need to fast still many hours.

:SMILY149:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

At home it is simple; dates and water and coffee; juice. Keep the fluids going. Cheese and fruits.

Prayer

Light and simple meals.

At the masjid we have feasts on the weekends. One night the Arabs sisters go to town; the next night the Pakistani sisters have a contest to see who can outdo the others with chilli peppers.
Somenights we have Muslim caterers from cities that are two to three hundred miles away.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Sounds nice sis Aapa. Hope to be there. We have just 100 muslims in my town and we haven´t nothing like you have there.

:shymuslima1:

But we are planning eid celebrations here - first time in my town. Hopely we can arrange them.

Oops I just realised my dates are ending so need to run to shop...

:SMILY288:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member

Sharbat reminds me of a chilled glass of 'rooh afza'. Such a good thirst quencher & absolutely delicious..

I better not view this thread when I am fasting.. :D

As-salaamu'Alaykum wa'Rahmatullaah,

:) I find it very difficult to drink Rooh-afza (spelling could be wrong), I think it's all sugar although for those that 'back home' it suffices due to the heat.

Isn't Sharbat and rooh-afza the same thing?

For opening fast, a date, some water and a small snack.

Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullah.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member

Sharbat is basically any soft drink, and rooh afza is a brand name.

Here, in Bangalore, Vegetable Soup is distributed freely from most of the Masjids after 'Asr Salah. They start making it even before Zuhr Salah.

:wasalam:

canab1973

Ascwrwb sis Aisha. Yeah this treat makes me hungery lol. I usually eat. Timir,Sambuus, Bajiiye, Boorash with Caano. After that Briis and Baasto lol.

With my salams.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I saw with surprise that samosa is a known kind of food!!I also like them,but this year I strangerly found the time to make more than the years before:with three children I can think to them and to the family.I also like to drink the milk of almonds that I prepare at home,then Harira,shebbakya,Mkhamar and fruit juice.this evening for example I cooked a vegetable cake,meat balls with sauce,biscuits,maroccan tea and mkhamar with boiled eggs.Alhamdulillah everything was good.:hijabi: