What do you think of wearing the niqab??

Aliyah206

it's very intersting how Kayleigh's respond was familiar to the ones i receive from the non mUSLIMS everyday..wallahi, i heard this same complain everyday..and it's very intersting that this is the ONLY main issue ppeople have with niqabs..but alhamdulilah allah is there where ever u are..he is aware of all situations and his going to make it easy for us..insha_Rahman!! ~take care ma sistah..and forgive me for pointing u out like that..

"I don't believe niqab is required in Islam, but I know its not prohibited either. I'm pretty sure that I could never wear it myself because I find it too extreme, but I respect the rights that women should have to wear whatever they want, whether it be niqab or a mini-skirt (hopefully not the later!).

I think its wrong to ban the niqab totally, but I think its understandable to ban students from wearing it or to ban teachers from wearing it. In schools (especially now), I know some may see it as a security risk. I also think it's harmful to students - especially young children - to have a teacher in niqab since a big part of speech development is watching the mouth movements. To take that a way could unnecessarily harm students.

Personally (and I really don't mean to offend anyone who wears niqaab), it bugs me a bit if I ever talk to someone wearing it just because I'm so used to seeing the mouth move and for this reason I understand why some people are uncomfortable around women wearing it."

kayleigh

it's very intersting how Kayleigh's respond was familiar to the ones i receive from the non mUSLIMS everyday..wallahi, i heard this same complain everyday..and it's very intersting that this is the ONLY main issue ppeople have with niqabs..but alhamdulilah allah is there where ever u are..he is aware of all situations and his going to make it easy for us..insha_Rahman!! ~take care ma sistah..and forgive me for pointing u out like that..

"I don't believe niqab is required in Islam, but I know its not prohibited either. I'm pretty sure that I could never wear it myself because I find it too extreme, but I respect the rights that women should have to wear whatever they want, whether it be niqab or a mini-skirt (hopefully not the later!).

I think its wrong to ban the niqab totally, but I think its understandable to ban students from wearing it or to ban teachers from wearing it. In schools (especially now), I know some may see it as a security risk. I also think it's harmful to students - especially young children - to have a teacher in niqab since a big part of speech development is watching the mouth movements. To take that a way could unnecessarily harm students.

Personally (and I really don't mean to offend anyone who wears niqaab), it bugs me a bit if I ever talk to someone wearing it just because I'm so used to seeing the mouth move and for this reason I understand why some people are uncomfortable around women wearing it."

Forgive you for pointing me out? No problem, since I don't see anything wrong with my opinion and I'm not offended at all.

Like I said, I understand why some non-Muslims find it uncomfortable and I too find it a bit awkward to talk to sisters who wear niqab. If I were exposed more to it I would probably get used to it.

But you said..."and it's very intersting that this is the ONLY main issue ppeople have with niqabs" Which issue is this? Is it the part about not being able to see the mouth move? Well, I think it's just simply a matter of how the brain works. Even without noticing it, when we talk to people our brains pay attention to how the mouth moves as well as the words being spoken. Like I said, it's part of the development of children to see the mouth move as words are being spoken. Of course, now days we get along fine not seeing the mouth move since we talk on phones, but seeing someone in person, face to face, without being able to see their mouth sort of throws our brains off and it takes some adjusting to if we are willing to adjust. I'm all for adjusting because, like I said, I think women should have the right to wear it. I just never would wear it myself.

Pinky

niqaab..

SalaamuAlikumweRahmetAllaahebarkatuh. InshAllaah everyone is in good health. I personally go under the opinion that it is not mandatory but recomended. I believe this because Allaah SWT does not like to make things too difficult for his slaves. (example, agreeing to reduce number of prayers to only 5 fard prayers when once, they were alot more). If it was fard then it would mean women would be sinning if they did not wear it and Allaah SWT knows that many of his creations would face alot of tribulations wearing it. Islam is a way of life that is applicable anytime and anywhere-in the past, present or future and hence if it was fard then during specific times and places such as now and in western societies espeically, it would be extremely difficult. And may Rabbina SWT reward the women who do wear it (Ameen) even though it can or does bring them trouble.
Having said that, I do not think we should meet them in the middle and do as they like. I understand they may not understand it or it is something new to them, etc, but why should any women take into consideration of meeting western societies norms or acceptance when her emaan or haya can be at risk? There is a reason for Niqaab. There can be many reasons. Some may wear it because of culture or to make a political statement. But what about those women who are being oggled, stared at and harrassed by men? From personal experiences I know how disgusting and degrading this is. Going to work, school or even with family, men will eye you like a piece of chicken AstaghferAllaah! So then I ask you, should I take off my niqaab and make myself more at risk to harassment, lust, shaytaan and perverted men just so I can meet a society at the middle? A society by the way, that only encourages its members to behave in such ways with all its fashion and beauty industries? I beg to differ...When it comes to like 10 year olds wearing niqaab, i dont thnk ive seen that, i cant member, but while i thnk it should be the woman's choice, at the same time i can understand how some parents feel if their intention is to protect their kids from harm, etc. There should be conditions, etc, such as for example forcing a 10 year old to wear it in class or somethin i personally thnk its rather odd but maybe it wouldnt be so odd if for some reason you're downtown and youre surronded by rather messed up people. Why? Thnk of all the perverted men who kidnap, rape and kill little girls-4 year olds, 10 year olds and 12 year olds..doesnt matter to them. Whatever age..Or child *!*!*!*!ography. While 5 year old girls are not very feminine, a little girl wearing niqaab would most likely just scare the ignorant, dirty fool away more than anything else.
Anyways InshAllaah I have offended no one. Point is I would rather people, especially men, think I would "bomb" them or "terrorize" them, than giving them a chance to look me up and down like a peice of eye candy or worse, approaching me with their lustful intentions. And if that comes at the cost of meeting society at the middle, then it's their loss for not understanding or not wanting to undertand in teh first place.
Again, no offence to anyone..jus opinions here. Take care InshAllaah.
SalaamualikumweRAhmetAllaahebarkatuh

Jihan

Forgive you for pointing me out? No problem, since I don't see anything wrong with my opinion and I'm not offended at all.

Like I said, I understand why some non-Muslims find it uncomfortable and I too find it a bit awkward to talk to sisters who wear niqab. If I were exposed more to it I would probably get used to it.

But you said..."and it's very intersting that this is the ONLY main issue ppeople have with niqabs" Which issue is this? Is it the part about not being able to see the mouth move? Well, I think it's just simply a matter of how the brain works. Even without noticing it, when we talk to people our brains pay attention to how the mouth moves as well as the words being spoken. Like I said, it's part of the development of children to see the mouth move as words are being spoken. Of course, now days we get along fine not seeing the mouth move since we talk on phones, but seeing someone in person, face to face, without being able to see their mouth sort of throws our brains off and it takes some adjusting to if we are willing to adjust. I'm all for adjusting because, like I said, I think women should have the right to wear it. I just never would wear it myself.

i understand where you're coming from with the communication diffuculties. i respect your view sister (although i don't agree with some of your statements). but about communication it can be hard to talk someone when you can't see all of their facial expression. but as muslim women shouldn't we be away from men most of the time so that way when two are coomunicating they don't have to wear a niqaab. or if you want to really chit chat with a niqaabi go to each others' homes. but anyways some niqaabis use their eyes more and hand gestures... like Aliyah206 she is always smiling with her eyes! well anyways have the person who you feel you are having communications problems with find alternatives such as using a eye expressions more often! ma' salaam sister and may Allah bless you!

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
:salam2:

I dont have a problem with anyone wearing Niqab or just a Hijab!

I myself dont wear Niqab I wear a hijab only!! There are people who feel more comfortable wearing Niqab and that is their right. Everyone should dress the way they want if its not forbidden by Islam.

In Addition, women should not be oppressed because they wear Niqab because the Prophet's (PBUH) wives used to cover their faces so whats wrong with women now a days covering theirs.

P.S if u want to wear Niqab Do SO, dont let anyone stand in ur way. If u r doing something that isnt forbidden by Islam continue it.

Take Care,

muslima 2

It is interesting to read all the comments about Niqab. I wear Niqab because I feel that in this way it a constant reminder to me to so strive to be a better Muslima everyday. Can you imagine wearing Niqab when it is 50 degrees outside. Last year on the 7th June it was 42 degrees in my bedroom and I was learning to recite Sura Bayyinah, Alhumduillah. I will not remove my Niqab to make other people feel more comfortable whether they are Muslim or Kaffir,Inshallah.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
sister muslima2,yes,I personally think the niqab is a "stage" that every muslim woman should try to achieve...InshaAllah.
I was wearing it in an arab country last year.It was very hot but Alhamdulillah I didn't feel so hot at all!As every kuffar could think...Allahu Akhbar!

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!

I live in the USA and i do not wear Niqab, however, when i went to Yemen i wore it for the whole 2 years that i stayed there. I felt really comfortable wearing the Niqab, i felt some kind of light in my heart!!

Thats exactly why i said i am not against it and everyone has the right to wear it or not to wear it.

pilgrim

Allahu Akbar
my opinion is....

Niqab is not fard but its recommended to wear in these times with all these fitnah and kufr.

Brothers,this question is for you...you've got a beautiful wife,wud you not want her to cover up her beauty from the world...wud you not want to protect her frm those outside criminals and rapists etc...these days modest women are being raped!!!
I know for one thing,when Allah makes it possible for me to wear hijab and stuff i would wear the niqab,because sisters,my body...my beautiful skin,,,face,,,,hair,,,and everything is for my husband and him alone ,,,i wont like if another man look at me...thats my husband's property...i'm expensive stuff...i',m wrapped up only for my beloved husband...he's the only one who's worth watching my body>>>.Allahu akbar
:hijabi: :hijabi:

um muhammad al-mahdi

Staff member
:salam2: Albint Almuslima,
I was wearing it as well in a muslim country,so I understand what you mean as well.Can I ask you why you don't wear it anymore in USA?If I can ask,InshaAllah

amyaishazouaoui

I felt realy sad today. I went straight to morrisons supermarket after work with ibni and I saw two sisters in niqab, I said my salams and they returnd it mashallah but I just wished I could be in a position not to have to work and to be able to walk around in niqab every day.

Inshallah one day i can be in that position :tti_sister:
I guess il just ave to make do with being a part timer for now.

:wasalam:

A

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
:salam2: Albint Almuslima,
I was wearing it as well in a muslim country,so I understand what you mean as well.Can I ask you why you don't wear it anymore in USA?If I can ask,InshaAllah

Thats a tough one, LOL

Alhamdlillah i fully cover myself except my face. As a student going 2 school i dont want to face any problems, however, if Islam commanded us to cover our faces( as mandated) i would be the first to cover. Also i dont feel that its really that necessary to cover ur face if u dress properly, like me, i wear a jilbab everywhere i go ( even to school) i dont wear pants or skirts, I wear a hijab that fully covers my hair my neck and my chest. When i go out i dont show my feet ( sandles/ chinese slippers!LOL). So if i cover properly than covering my face would not make a difference, i know that a womans beauty is in her face but Islam did not forbid showing ur face.

Insha Allah over time i might start wearing it!

P.S to those who wear it I congradulate u! wallah its kind of hard for me to wear it in the USA especially because of the discrimination. U see im the type that if someone says something to me i would get into a fight with them ( fist fight). Some one once tried to pull off my hijab next minute u find us in the police station!!LOL. Im sorry but no one messes with my HIJAB, u want to mess with my hijab u have to be willing to accept face Injuries(LOL!!). So if i wear Niqab now u will find alot of people in the grave(LOL!!) because wallah and i mean wallah if someone tells me why im wearing niqab i would fight with them. Also my parents dont want me getting into any problems which is why they dont want me wearing the niqab!!

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Insha Allah over time i might start wearing it!

P.S to those who wear it I congradulate u! wallah its kind of hard for me to wear it in the USA especially because of the discrimination. U see im the type that if someone says something to me i would get into a fight with them ( fist fight). Some one once tried to pull off my hijab next minute u find us in the police station!!LOL. Im sorry but no one messes with my HIJAB, u want to mess with my hijab u have to be willing to accept face Injuries(LOL!!). So if i wear Niqab now u will find alot of people in the grave(LOL!!) because wallah and i mean wallah if someone tells me why im wearing niqab i would fight with them. Also my parents dont want me getting into any problems which is why they dont want me wearing the niqab!!

:lol: :SMILY303:

just what they need :fighta:

:hearts:

wa-salam

um muhammad al-mahdi

Staff member

I felt realy sad today. I went straight to morrisons supermarket after work with ibni and I saw two sisters in niqab, I said my salams and they returnd it mashallah but I just wished I could be in a position not to have to work and to be able to walk around in niqab every day.

Inshallah one day i can be in that position :tti_sister:
I guess il just ave to make do with being a part timer for now.

A

:salam2: sister amyaishazouaoui....wuallahi I understand you so much!
I work as well....and inside of me there's always the wish to wear the niqab...InshaAllah sister one day....sab'r sister sab'r

amyaishazouaoui

sister Albint Almuslima,
did they really try to pull your hijab off?????

This happened to me whe id been muslim about a year. Everyone just stood and stared at me in the street, it was only about 6pm in easl september. I felt so alone, but then I thought....aaaaaaahhh Allah will get you, put my hijab back on and carried on my way.

sad but inshallah a little reward will come my way!!!

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i commend all women that wear the niqab. i after 13 years am still not used to women that wear the niqab. it always stands out to me. they wear it for a noble cause, they do it to please Allah swt. they are far from being oppressed by wearing the niqab. it's funny they are seen as being oppressed but the half naked women are " liberated ".

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

why its a big issue ! I really ashemed of the Muslim who supported the school to fight the Muslim family ~ the scholars have different opinion on this issue so both parties have the daleel and authentic ahadith, so why its a big deal, specially Muslims who go against Nigab..~~ Subhan Allah!

# 2 one of the sister said its seems extream ..!Why its extream ?!
its ok for others to send their daughters to the beach and be half naked or even wrose (this dosnt consider extream)
but it will be extream if a woman choose to cover her self? :muslim_child: !

#3 I think if a sister cover her self its NO ONES business to even say word.

#4 if a sister decide to wear Nigab its up to her, if people are not used to see Muslims now its time for them to see them, everything in the begining seems strange, 50 years a go American families use to cover them self and wear long dresses it wasnt a strange for them to see a Nun covered from head to toe so if a Muslim woman decided to wear the same thing with a cover on her face..Whats a big Deal !! if they find it strange then let them get use to it, its her right to wear what she wants, isnt it !?

wa salaam alikom

Imad

Assalmoealaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

May Allah reward you my dear brothers and sisters for your nice comments. I ask Allah Subhanhu wat3ala to help the sisters who want to wear the Niqaab, amien. I ask Allah subhanhu wat3ala to forgive the brothers and sisters who don't know the beauty of niqaab. I ask Allah subhanhu wat3ala to give them more knowledge.

The muslims who don't know the beauty of niqaab maybe in the future insha Allah they will defend the wearing of Niqaab.

So please my dear brothers and sisters make supplication to Allah Subhanahu wat3ala.

[yt]o7gEqKpdc_Q[/yt]

Take care

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad