What do you think of wearing the niqab??

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
I personally dont wear it, but inshallah would like to one day. I wore it afew years ago, but then I realized it wasnt for me. My husband at the time said I was doing it for him, but I did my reading and that wasnt the case, mashallah!! I really dont think I'm strong enough yet, but I pray that I will be inshallah. I do see young sisters wear it, its a choice. When my daughter gets older inshallah, I will let her decide to wear it if she wants to. Allah knows best!!:blackhijab:

Aliyah206

assalmu Aliaykum all..
first of all, shame on you muslims who say wearing niqab is being exremist!!!
Niqab started out with our beloved mothers, Aisha, Fatma, Khadija (may ALLAH be pleased with all of them)..so does this mean they're all EXTREMIST!!
no!! ya'll LISTEN, there's nothing such oppressed or extremist..
why do u care what the Kafirs think of us to begain with(they're the enemies!!)...you should wear niqab becuse u wanted to, not becus is demanded..so you all gotta respect the sistahs who made the choice to follow in our mothers foot steps..

wackyboy

In actuality it is the western women who are under sever mental oppression, because they have to wear attractive clothing, stay fit, wear makeup, where as the Muslim woman is protected from all this superficial non-sense.
And of course women in Islam are in no shape or form oppressed, the issue whether women must wear niqaab is controversial, however it is my belief that the women who do wear it, wear it of choice and do not consider it as an obligation.
That is my opinion

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

The entire world belongs to Allah. Who are they to refuse this sister of us. This sister worships Allah to Whom belongs the entire world. This people benefit from the Rizq of Allah, while they don't worship Him and now they refuse this sister of us.

O muslims you have to defend your own muslim sisters and brothers.

To whom belongs this country?
Is it really their country?

Lahwla wlaquwata ila bila

This sister has the right to defend herself.

--------------------

انصر أخاك ظالما أو مظلوما قالوا يا رسول الله هذا ننصره مظلوما فكيف ننصره ظالما قال تأخذ فوق يديه.

البخاري (2311، 2312، 6552) من حديث أنس، وهو عند مسلم بمعناه من حديث جابر (2584)

Aliyah206

honey i live in seattle Washington, i go to the ghettos High schools in U.S..
i take metro bus 2 to 3 times a day..i am covered from head to toe..my eyes are the only visible part of my ENTIRE body you'll come across.................
and i have never been called oppressed or extremist..everytime i walk down the street, people everywhere would clear the streets for me..tell where can you get that kind of respect on earth..ALhamdulilah!! Praise be to ALLAH...ther'es no difficulties wearing what u loving wearing any any country, u just gotaa believe in YOURSELF..so brothas and sistah go head and trip about niqabs..JUST for your information..i waer niqab and am loving every second of it..

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
I personally believe that niqab is not something i would be comfortable with, but I totally respect the sisters who wear it. However I think it is a barrier from participating in every day life; eg; work. You can't interact comfortably with people...and I have yet to see a niqaabi checkout asistant....but it would be nice to!

I think everyone has a right to follow what they believe.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
I personally believe that niqab is not something i would be comfortable with, but I totally respect the sisters who wear it. However I think it is a barrier from participating in every day life; eg; work. You can't interact comfortably with people...and I have yet to see a niqaabi checkout asistant....but it would be nice to!

I think everyone has a right to follow what they believe.

have u tried to wear it ureself though? even for a day?or a few hours?

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
assalmu Aliaykum all..
first of all, shame on you muslims who say wearing niqab is being exremist!!!
Niqab started out with our beloved mothers, Aisha, Fatma, Khadija (may ALLAH be pleased with all of them)..so does this mean they're all EXTREMIST!!
no!! ya'll LISTEN, there's nothing such oppressed or extremist..
why do u care what the Kafirs think of us to begain with(they're the enemies!!)...you should wear niqab becuse u wanted to, not becus is demanded..so you all gotta respect the sistahs who made the choice to follow in our mothers foot steps..

I'm not saying they or women who are wearing it are extremist.I'm saying that nowdays it looks extreme in non muslim countries ,thats all.I didn't say I disrespect them for it.Ok everybody can attack me for my opinion now....its just opinion I don't call anybody extremists....

Peace to all
Islam is peace that what all of us should remember
Allah knows best

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
In actuality it is the western women who are under sever mental oppression, because they have to wear attractive clothing, stay fit, wear makeup, where as the Muslim woman is protected from all this superficial non-sense.
And of course women in Islam are in no shape or form oppressed, the issue whether women must wear niqaab is controversial, however it is my belief that the women who do wear it, wear it of choice and do not consider it as an obligation.
That is my opinion

I would not say that all the women or people are the same..either they are muslim or western.
salam to all

justoneofmillion

I'm not saying they or women who are wearing it are extremist.I'm saying that nowdays it looks extreme in non muslim countries ,thats all.I didn't say I disrespect them for it.Ok everybody can attack me for my opinion now....its just opinion I don't call anybody extremists....

Peace to all
Allah knows best
assalamu aleikum, i don`t think anybody is attacking anybody here you guys are brothers and sisters having a disscussion about a subject please do not feel attacked and if you feel kind of pointed at than just let it go show them love and let them love you back who is going to understand our brothers and sisters if we don`t!may allah swt protect all of you.

ps:anyways am out here womens buisness before i get yelled at:)

Jihan

I dont have nay problem with niqab, if people want to wear t, they should do it properly inshallah (dont do tight jeans and niqab - doesn't really go)

:wasalam:

A

This reminds of the other day: me and this girl were at library and saw these 2 women wearing niqabs. one had a small niqaab and somewhat of an abaya (not too bad) and the other had very small niqab(where it barely reached her chin) thin clothes that did not go beyond her angles with flip flops. i wondered if this woman was muslim or if she was doing this out of "style". it was quite a strange sight!

oh yeah what i think about the niqaab is: that question "what do you think about wearing the niqaab" to me is like asking "what do you think about praying two rakah after praying maghrib prayer?" (the only difference niqaab is simply for women!) that is my opinion.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr

Yes, i guess it can be seen as extreme in a non-muslim country where they are not used to see covered women. But does this really matter? I mean you're not on this earth to please people are you?
It is true and sad, that western countries have set like boundaries that if a woman covers her body, well she's oppresed that's like an etiquette that they give you straight away (except for nuns), they don't care to know if you are educated or not, you are opressed. I wish those people who stare at me, would come and ask me why i wear 'this' you know.

As many said, niqaab isn't complusory, but is a sunna, and it is something amazing<< this might appear weird to some, but it is awesome, and i'd advise sisters to try it on, even if it's for 5mins. Don't be afraid of people, but bear in mind that God is watching you, and you're pleasing Him. My first time was unforgetable, i'll never forget, this feeling inside me, and i'd wish every sister to have the feeling. And if it's not good for you, then it's not a problem, religion is not difficult. Alhamdoulilah :shake:

Imad

Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Forgive us if you think we attacked you. You gave me the impression that niqaab is extreem. But alhamdullilah i understand you now.

i do my best to clear misconceptions. You are always our sister and we love you in the sake of Allah.

I gave you salaam and insha Allah i always will keep giving you salaam.

Take care

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad

Originally Posted by aisha1114

Peace to all
Allah knows best

Aliyah206

lOVING THE niqab

honey i live in seattle Washington, i go to the ghettos High schools in U.S..
i take metro bus 2 to 3 times a day..i am covered from head to toe..my eyes are the only visible part of my ENTIRE body you'll come across.................
and i have never been called oppressed or extremist..everytime i walk down the street, people everywhere would clear the streets for me..tell where can you get that kind of respect on earth..ALhamdulilah!! Praise be to ALLAH...ther'es no difficulties wearing what u loving wearing IN any country, u just gotaa believe in YOURSELF..AND HYAVE A HIGH SELF ESTEEM..
so brothas and sistah go head and trip about niqabs..JUST for your information..i waer niqab EVERYDAY and am loving every second of it..

Assalamu aleikum
I don't want to offend anybody,but i think wearing nijab is too extreme .May be in thee muslim country its ok,but imagine if u put it in US ,people will not understand it.I think we should be tolerant with everybody.We should represent our religion in the best way possible,in the peacefull way.And I think nijab represents the extrimism if u put it in 10 year old child,I'm sorry to say that,as I said its just my own opinion and I don't want to offend anybody..
salam to all

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

First, I have seen a lot in my life. When I was young the Muslim women in the West dressed western. I remember going to Islamic Center in Washington D.C. and all the dipolmat's wives wore Christian Dior suits. One had to have gone to a Swiss finishing school. You had to be fluent in French.
In the 1970's I witnessed the Islamic Revival. The chic were gone. The hijab came into style. Bear in mind, I am only speaking from a western perspective.

There were very few Muslims in the States prior to the 1980's. In some metroplitain areas there were pockets of Blacks who were Muslims. However, Islam was still a mystery to most.

Second, let us not judge each other. The sister is correct. It is very difficult living in here in the states. We become double or triple minorities. You are Muslim, your were not born here = double minority. You are black, your are a muslim and you are a woman= triple minority. We live in times when you will not be offered a job. This is no joke.

Third, it is a very individual decision. Please we have to accept each other and become strong for our brothers and sisters who are imprisoned, dying, being killed, and unable to have the freedoms we have.

I have always loved Islam because the most important facet of faith is the intention of the heart. And only Allah knowns the intention.

InshaAllah, I will start the niqab this year. It has been a long road.

kayleigh

I don't believe niqab is required in Islam, but I know its not prohibited either. I'm pretty sure that I could never wear it myself because I find it too extreme, but I respect the rights that women should have to wear whatever they want, whether it be niqab or a mini-skirt (hopefully not the later!).

I think its wrong to ban the niqab totally, but I think its understandable to ban students from wearing it or to ban teachers from wearing it. In schools (especially now), I know some may see it as a security risk. I also think it's harmful to students - especially young children - to have a teacher in niqab since a big part of speech development is watching the mouth movements. To take that a way could unnecessarily harm students.

Personally (and I really don't mean to offend anyone who wears niqaab), it bugs me a bit if I ever talk to someone wearing it just because I'm so used to seeing the mouth move and for this reason I understand why some people are uncomfortable around women wearing it.