What done Abu Lahab?

sabreena

* taken from an article

Once the Apostle of Allah SAW climbed up a mountain and stated to the people of Quraysh, “If I was to warn you of an army behind the mountain that came to attack you, would you believe me?” They replied, “Yes, We find you the most truthful amongst us.” Then the Apostle of Allah SAW informed them of the people of Quraysh.

“Punishment of Allah will soon be afflicted upon you. The wrath of Allah will descend upon you if you do not submit to him.” From the crowd, Abu Lahab spoke and exclaimed, “Damn you! You called us for this? May you be destroyed!” Due to this, he pelted stones at the blessed face of the Holy Prophet SAW which caused the Prophet SAW great pain. Blood was flowing down the face of our beloved Prophet SAW.

Then Almighty Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Kind revealed the following verse about Abu Lahab, the father of flames:

“Perish the hands of Abu Lahab (the father of flames). Perish He! His wealth and his children will not benefit him! He will be burnt in a Fire of blazing flames! His wife shall carry the (crackling) wood as fuel. A twisted rope of Palm-leaf round her (own) neck!”

So this was to be the outcome of the most inveterate enemies of Islam, a barbaric wife who tied bundles of thorns with ropes of twisted palm-leaf fibre and straw on dark nights on the paths which the Apostle expected to take.

Abu Lahab perished at Badr, consumed with grief of his own fiery passions.

DanyalSAC

I am sorry I am not following this thread at all....The original poster asked "what practice 'Abu Lahab' done at the birth of Prophet Mohammed" yet in the two replies that followed our Prophet salallahu alayhi wa salaam was an adult.

I think I need another cup of coffee to think this one out :)

DataZak

yes what exactly is the original poster asking?

I think the OP wants to know what the uncle of the Prophet (s.a.w) did when the Prophet was born.

I don't know the details but I have heard that Abu Lahab (what was his real name anyway??) was so happy when his nephew was born that he had a feast and like one poster said, he freed a slave. He loved the son of his brother Abdullah.

That is why the Prophet (s.a.w) was shocked and disappointed that Abu Lahab refused to accept the deen and in fact tortured him verbally, mentally and emotionally. Abu Lahab and his wife also used to throw camel dung at the Prophet's (s.a.w) front door (they were neighbours).

ahmadkamanwala

I think the OP wants to know what the uncle of the Prophet (s.a.w) did when the Prophet was born.

I don't know the details but I have heard that Abu Lahab (what was his real name anyway??) was so happy when his nephew was born that he had a feast and like one poster said, he freed a slave. He loved the son of his brother Abdullah.

That is why the Prophet (s.a.w) was shocked and disappointed that Abu Lahab refused to accept the deen and in fact tortured him verbally, mentally and emotionally. Abu Lahab and his wife also used to throw camel dung at the Prophet's (s.a.w) front door (they were neighbours).

Yes you are right DataZak. Now I heard that his finger getting relief from Azaab. Is it ok?

weakslave

Yes you are right DataZak. Now I heard that his finger getting relief from Azaab. Is it ok?

It wouldn't matter brother. What Abu-Lahab did is worse than what any human has done and will ever do to the Prophet :saw:

As we know, Kufaar are rewarded for their good deeds in this life only. Nothing of a kaafir's good deed will amount to anything on the day of Judgment as is clear from these verses of surat ul Kahf:

Say, [O Muhammad], "Shall we [believers] inform you of the greatest losers as to [their] deeds?

[They are] those whose effort is lost in worldly life, while they think that they are doing well in work."

Those are the ones who disbelieve in the verses of their Lord and in [their] meeting Him, so their deeds have become worthless; and We will not assign to them on the Day of Resurrection any importance.

That is their recompense - Hell - for what they denied and [because] they took My signs and My messengers in ridicule.

Of course Allaah can do whatever He wishes, but this is the general case. We know that Abi-Talib will have the lightest punishment on the day of judgment because that is what Allaah revealed to Muhammad :saw:. The Prophet :saw: made lengthy dua's for Abi-Talib to enter Islam, but Allaah refused. To teach his Prophet a lesson and indeed all of mankind: Allaah does not do what the people want. This was possibly the only thing Allaah denied His Messenger, and Allaah knows best.

Dr.Khan

Abu Lahab was condemned in the Surah Al-Masadd.
1 Let the two hands of Abû Lahab [lit. the father of the flame(the name of the prophet mohammed,s uncle)] perish, and let he himself (also) perish!
2 His wealth and what he has accomplished shall avail him naught.
3 He shall soon enter a Fire full of leaping flames (to burn others of his kind as well),
4 And his wife too, the carrier of fire wood and bearer of slanders and calumnies (will also be enveloped in the flames);
5 Having round her neck a halter of twisted strands.

His wife will be severely punished as well.

fagie

i heard he sacrifice 500 camels or goat, as a celebration for the prophet birth.
And something bout, in hell, each friday his punishment will be lessen due to what he has done when the prophet were born.
Wallahualam.

ahmadkamanwala

Will we blessed?

I was thinking, if Abu Lahab can get relief in azaab then will we not get Allah's blessing when we will celebrate Nabi S.A.W's birth?

Comments please.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
i heard he sacrifice 500 camels or goat, as a celebration for the prophet birth.
And something bout, in hell, each friday his punishment will be lessen due to what he has done when the prophet were born.
Wallahualam.

I don't know where in this world did you hear that.
Give the references

believers_path

I was thinking, if Abu Lahab can get relief in azaab then will we not get Allah's blessing when we will celebrate Nabi S.A.W's birth?

Comments please.

oh!:astag:
brother ,the hadith you r refering is a da'ef hadith, how can one say that abu lahab is getting relief from azab on that day...
imean abu lahab died on kufr (shirk , polythesiem) and Allah swt has already said that i will forgive you except them those who call others besides Allah n set a partners with Him.

weakslave

Comments please.

First of all we explained that he was not a good person. And we have no evidence that his punishment will be reduced. What we do have evidence for is that he has very specific punishment that no one else will receive.

Second, are we better than the companions of the prophet? Or those that came after them? Or those that came after them? Yet none of them celebrated his birth, and none even cared about it. And yet the Messenger :saw: told us they were the best of nations out of all humanity. It was not until 350 years after revelation that people started performing this pagan act. Fast forward to every scholar that has rebuked this: are we all better than those great scholars who spoke out against it? We need to think about this seriously.

Third, there are a million and one good deeds to do everyday from the Quraan and the Sunnah. Why do we want to do something which is questionable at best, and at worst it may cause us to enter the hellfire?

Fourth, Islam is not for us to do as we wish. We cannot invent celebrations and we cannot recommend acts of worship that have no basis in the sunnah. This would then make us from those Allaah rebuked:

أَفَرَأَيْتَ مَنِ اتَّخَذَ إِلَهَهُ هَوَاهُ وَأَضَلَّهُ اللَّهُ عَلَى عِلْمٍ وَخَتَمَ عَلَى سَمْعِهِ وَقَلْبِهِ وَجَعَلَ عَلَى بَصَرِهِ غِشَاوَةً فَمَن يَهْدِيهِ مِن بَعْدِ اللَّهِ أَفَلَا تَذَكَّرُونَ

Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah? Then will you not be reminded?

Isn't it amazing? People misguided while they have the correct knowledge. Look around us, how much of that do we have now in the Muslim ummah?

It is actually not sufficient for us to sit back and observe people doing it. We have to fight it with wisdom and good advice. This is misguidance and it incurs the wrath of Allaah subhanahu wa taala. Allaah is telling us to worship Him and get closer to Him in the manner His Messenger :saw: did and the righteous companions after him.

We disgrace the Messenger of Allaah :saw: when we claim to be celebrating his birth. How can it be any other than that when Allaah says:

قُلْ إِن كُنتُمْ تُحِبُّونَ اللّهَ فَاتَّبِعُونِي يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللّهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ وَاللّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ​

Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah, then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

If you love Allaah follow Muhammad. That means if you do not follow Muhammad, you do not love Allaah. Or did the Messenger :saw: not fulfill his obligation to spread the message, and left something out that we discovered 350 years later?

Allaah knows best.

ahmadkamanwala

Allah A.W.J Blessed Sons

Weakslave, I am not discussing that we are better or not better than companions of Prophet S.A.W.

I am only discussing that "Is he getting reliefe in azaab" which I read.

One thing more,

ALLAH A.W.J BLESSED BABY BOYS (SONS) TO ALL MOTHERS THAT DAY, IS THIS NOT CELEBRATION??

What do you think?

believers_path

ALLAH A.W.J BLESSED BABY BOYS (SONS) TO ALL MOTHERS THAT DAY, IS THIS NOT CELEBRATION??

What do you think?

brother you have heard this or you have read this????
bcoz those pple who celebrate, to prove themselves right they give these refrences!
coz all these thing is nowhere in hte sahih hadith that abu lahab's is getting relief from azab.
i knw the whole thing. but m asking whether you have read it or jus u r asking bcoz u have heard it?
if you will give refrence inshallah i can clear it to you

believers_path

brother, what do you think about htis post?

http://sabihrehmani.niceboard.biz/a...ma-een-on-celebrating-mawlid-sharif-t2401.htm

I am searching, researching, whois is correct, let's see what happened?
dont search on net who is right or wrong!
firstly the site you have given is not authentic another thing is that the refrences are not sahih,
when you do dont find something in quran then we look for sahih bukhari,trimizi,sahih muslim,abu dawood,tabrani,ahmed ,musanad all these are refered as sahih hadith books.first try to find out in these books if you find sumthing against quran n these books that means something is wrong.

now what evr you r asking goes against these books. so simple.
if you want i will forwd you the copy of these sahih hadith books.

good that you are in search of truth and not following blindly.
:tti_sister:May allah help you and guide you in search of truth.

believers_path

assalamualikum,
brother i suggest you that, make a contact with TTI brothers they will inshallah help you out.
its a serious thing." now you have understood which books to refer! i have given you above.