What is Islam??

habeeb_n

:salam2:

If a non-muslim were to ask you to describe what islam is as short as possible what would you say? What do you think is the best and most effective reply?

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Wa alaikumussalaam warahmatullaahi wabarakatuhu,

Like how short?

I'd probably say something like "Islaam pretty much sums up Christianity and Judaism. Islam generally came to reform society not oppose it. It only opposes those aspects of any culture or civilization that are harmful."

I got that from my Fiqh 101 class LoL

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I may say that Islam is a travel throughout the beautiness of its pure intentions to make as many people as possible to enter Jannah and remain there forever.:hearts:

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Islam is a set of code of conduct of our Lord to carve out an Human being out of a man or a woman. And also Islam is a reminder to our souls (in this material world) of what they committed to our Lord before our creation.

In similitude,Just like a potter carves a pot out of clay. Clay as such is just clay with no beauty or utility, when it is in form of a pasty mass.

Regards.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Islam is a 24/7 360 one way ticket to Paradise with all the goodies you need on the way at no cost.

sachin4islam

Assalaam walaikum,

Islam is a 24/7 360 one way ticket to Paradise with all the goodies you need on the way at no cost.

Walikum Assalam. Sis.

Paradise is the desired and promised destination and we know about it. But not less is the important,the path,Siratal Mustaqim. That's what for we have been sent in this material world.

It is not a flight ticket (smooth journey). It is a journey,bare footed, expected without Aaaahhh,for sake of Allah (SWT),for His pleasure.

Regards.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Yes, that is the reason I wrote one way ticket and goodies on the road. The more we become aware of our destination the more we move forward at all cost.

So what if the journey is barefooted. We become stronger. Life is a process of letting go of those unnecessary things. How sweet it is to let go.

When you first embark on a journey you take so much stuff with you. You pack for emergencies. You take extra food and clothing. You take extra everything. A week into the journey you start to discard. You need less and less. By the middle of the journey you only keep what you carry. Towards the end of the journey you barely have enough and that is what Islam leads us towards.

I keep thinking of the Sahaba. They did not have life insurance policies. They did not receive paychecks at the end of the week. They kept moving on.

( Brother, if we were to meet on your journey,I would have a cup of cold milk with pistachios for you and I would add an extra spoon of sugar )

sachin4islam

Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

Yes, that is the reason I wrote one way ticket and goodies on the road. The more we become aware of our destination the more we move forward at all cost.

So what if the journey is barefooted. We become stronger. Life is a process of letting go of those unnecessary things. How sweet it is to let go.

When you first embark on a journey you take so much stuff with you. You pack for emergencies. You take extra food and clothing. You take extra everything. A week into the journey you start to discard. You need less and less. By the middle of the journey you only keep what you carry. Towards the end of the journey you barely have enough and that is what Islam leads us towards.

I keep thinking of the Sahaba. They did not have life insurance policies. They did not receive paychecks at the end of the week. They kept moving on.

( Brother, if we were to meet on your journey,I would have a cup of cold milk with pistachios for you and I would add an extra spoon of sugar )

Walikum Assalam: Sis.

I am privileged. Thanks for your kind words.

BTW, a glass of cold milk with extra sugar is my daily late night drink. I love it. I would love to start adding pistachios to this drink for it will carry love of a sister.

Regards.

Hatty

:salam2:

I would start by giving a definition of the word Islam. it is unlike any other religion. The only religion which does not derive its name from a man nor a place.

Allah knows best...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother, the trouble with using formal definitions with many non-believers is that they lose interest in the formality of the definition. It becomes too school like. The worst nightmares surface. So you have to start with something innocent and refreshing. Something that is non-threatening.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
As-salam'alaikum

Islam is verb (action), while other religion is noun.
it is not an 'ism' or 'ity'.

Hindu-ism, Christianity, Judaism, Sikhism......Hindu, Christian, Jew,Sikh, these are noun and if you want to make it religion, you have to put Ism or ity.

first impression is the best impression, to strike someone's mind. but this is not the Manhaj, I think.

Islam is submitting your will to Only One True God
do you think there is only One God, if you believe only one God, Not Jesus,Moses or Rama, Krishna or Buddha, then, an unimaginable being, then actually Islam is saying that,to submit to only One true God

Allaah= Al+Ilaah
Al= The
Ilaah= Being worthy of Worship
Allaah= The Being worthy of worship, 'the' makes it definite, thus, one and only
Like we say, Laa Ilaaha illa-llaah
Laa= (there is) No (One/God)
Ilaaha = Being worthy of worship
illa = except/ but
Allaah

nt short, but one can make it short, i explained

wassalam