What is the logical and islamic view on intuition?

True_Sultan

A logical believer
:salam2:
Dunno anything about intutions :/
Yeah but I have heard about dreams.It is said by scholars that dream are of 3 types 1. Meaningless,just due to some inner thoughts and stuff
2. Devil playing with us.(Usually nightmares,one should seek istiadh when such dreams occur.
3.Dreams which actually have some meaning and interpretetion,good dreams which are from Allah.
No one knows the unseen except Allah.
Allah knows best.

hmm point taken indeed, but the question is, is there any "dreams" of the third classification? I ask because if i think there is, there are many who will say your wrong because they believe that the third classification is no more due to the end of prophethood, which is a valid point.

Assalaam walaikum,

You know what. I was thinking.

We as Muslims do not do much with intuition. When we sense something..we address this with other Believers. We make sure that which we are feeling is in accordance with the rational and the sane. We use hadeeth and the Quran to help us understand what the source of the intuition is.

Brother I do not think we use the word intuition much in the Quran. We have the word inspiration and revelation.

Hmm i was just wondering if it did exist because well if it did, i could rationalize my aspiration like that, i was wondering if the third classification (intuition given by God) exist? Also didn't the very act or working defintion of the the words inspiration and revelation ended with prophet hood? So then what else could it be but intution?

Assalaam walaikum,

Hey brother,

When you get a chance lets try to discuss your question. How this got to nightmares is beyond me.

Lets get back to the Quran..it is a little more instructive. Let us regain some semblance of intellect here.

Jazakallah khairan on your tips to end my nightmares but actually I think maybe I misrepresented! My nightmares are not that frequent and I dream every night but when it is a nightmare usually its very intense and very realistic and usually involves someone I love being killed in front of me with me being helpless to stop it from happening. A few months ago it was my daughter and last night it was my husband.

I am covered every night and I pray all of my prayers and read Surah Al Mulk every night before going to bed so I dont understand why it happens.

Sister Hayat84 I had to smile at the first lines of your response! Since the dreams are about people being killed I certainly hope that isnt the solution to whatever problem I have!

Sister Aapa it turned to a conversation about nightmares because the thread starter (brother True_Sultan) mentioned dreams in his third post and brother kashif_nazeer began talking about what he has heard about dreams. It might be helpful to read all the posts before commenting if there is any confusion as to how the conversation seemed to have gone off topic.

wa salam

Sure, I would love to continue the subject at hand, we can continue or PM don't matter to me, tho continuing to post may befit and help alot more in the community :hearts:

Also I don't mind the subject being thrown around, the information that was given about dreams may have been vital to some, so i don't mind :hearts:

Assalaam walaikum,

Sister, I know.

What happens on threads like this is we get carried away with jinns and things that go bump in the night. Lions and tigers and bears oh my!

What I am trying so hard to impress is for our brother to understand that Islam is much more than mere intuition. Islam is complete use of intelligence.

What the brother needs to do is spend time on understanding Fiqh. Islam urges us to use the middle path.

Intuition is riddles with feelings and sensuality. The senses can confuse us. Thus we have to collaborate and find consensus. The brother needs to discuss his question within the scope of Islam.

When we have the revealed and true word of Allah to guide us why would we rely on our senses.

Does this make sense to you sister?

You do make a very valid point as so does sister Isra, but didn't some say that the Fiqh is sometimes not clear cut? I believe we should speak of it within the scope of Islam, but to a more specific scope with trust able sources. Also just like intellect, intuition is also what is needed, intuitions just like emotions defines the pinnacle of our free will.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Fiqh is very clear cut. It is Law.

The Quran is the gift for the salvation of mankind. It is a personal journey i.e jihad.
I have to think about responding to your question regarding free will and intuition. I do not wish to respond on an empty mind.

As the subject is still unclear it is better to limit it.

It is up to you to discuss this on the public forum or PM..just give me time to think.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
hmm point taken indeed, but the question is, is there any "dreams" of the third classification? I ask because if i think there is, there are many who will say your wrong because they believe that the third classification is no more due to the end of prophethood, which is a valid point.
I read the following ahadith brother,I would like to share with you inshaAllah,hope it helps::

Muslim :: Book 29 : Hadith 5616
Abu Qatada reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A good vision is from Allah and a bad dream (hulm) is from the satan; so if one of you sees anything (in a dream which he dislikes, he should spit on his left side thrice and seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and then it will never harm him. Abu Salama said: I used to see dreams weighing more heavily upon me than a mountain; but since I heard this hadith I don't care for it (its burden).

Muslim :: Book 29 : Hadith 5621
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When the time draws near (when the Resurrection is near) a believer's dream can hardly be false. And the truest vision will be of one who is himself the most truthful in speech, for the vision of a Muslim is the forty-fifth part of Prophecy, and dreams are of three types: one good dream which is a sort of good tidings from Allah; the evil dream which causes pain is from the satan; and the third one is a suggestion of one's own mind; so if any one of you sees a dream which he does not like he should stand tip and offer prayer and he should not relate it to people, and he said: I would love to see fetters (in the dream), but I dislike wearing of necklace, for the fetters is (an indication of) one's steadfastness in religion. The narrator said: I do not know whether this is a part of the hadith or the words of Ibn Sirin.

About interpretation of dreams and their truthfulness only a scholar can tell.We can just pray to Allah to help us and guide us.
Allah knows best.

:wasalam:

masihuddin

One has to expeience the company of Awlia ( FRIENDS OF ALLAH ) to appreciate thier Karamat They believe in Allah and fear Him Allah has given them the tidings of success both in the life of this earth as well as in the hereafter.It is mainly due to the efforts of these Awlia Allah Islam spread in most parts of the world Unforunately our Wahabi brothers do not show the respect to the Awlia Allah which they merit but refer to them in dregotary terms as Sufies

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum

Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah
From “Madarij As-Salikeen”

Firasah is a sense of visual acumen, perception and insight. Allah says, “Surely! In this are the signs for the mutawassimeen.” [15:75]

And with the regard to the meaning of mutawassimeen, here is what some of the great interpreters of the Qur’an said about it: Mujahid said it is “those who have visual acuity”. Ibn Abbas said that it means “those who watch closely”. Qatadah said that it means “those who learn the lessons”. And Muqatel said that it means “those who reflect”. There is no contradiction or apparent incompatibility amongst these interpretations. For example, one who sees the ruins and houses of those who belied Allah’s Messengers would receive insight, admonition and reflection.

Alllah, subhanahu wa ta`ala, says the following with the regards to the hypocrites, “Had He willed, We could have shown them to you and you would have known them by their marks, but surely you will know them by the lahn of the speech!” [47:30] The first thing mentioned is the firasah of the eye and watching and the second thing noted is the firasah of the ear and hearing. The lahn of their speech is namely two varieties. One is proper and the other is wrong.

The proper lahn may mean eloquence as stated in the hadeeth: “And perhaps some of you are more eloquent in their claim than others.” (Bukhari and Muslim) Or it may mean an indirect reference or indication. The wrong lahn is the speech that has grammatical mistakes. By using it, people tend to change the meaning to something incorrect or to a hidden meaning which may not have been intended.

The meaning of the verse is that Allah has confirmed to His Prophet, sallallahu `alayhe wa sallam, that he would know them from the lahn of their speech. It is more likely that one may know more about the speaker and what is within his mind from his speech and the tone of his voice than from his physical appearance. The words and the tone of voice can tell much more, than the appearance, about the intention of the speaker. Firasah can be either visual or auditory. The Prophet, sallallahu `alayhe wa sallam, is reported to have said, “Beware of the firasah of the believer, for he sees with the light of Allah,” then he recited the verse, “Surely,?¢â‚¬A¦.mutawassimeen.” (Tirmidhi) The firasah of the believer is always truthful.

The firasah is a light which Allah, subhanahu wa ta`ala, deposits in the heart of His servant. By this light, His servant distinguishes between truth and falsehood and between right and wrong.

The reality of firasah is a sharp thought that enters the heart and dominates its opinion. It overwhelms the heart just as the lion does to its pray, fareesah. Note the similarity between firasah and fareesah in Arabic. However, in their linguistic forms, fareesah is an object whereas firasah is similar in form to wilayah (authority and power), imarah (authority and command) and siyasah (administration and leadership).

The strength of firasah is dependent on the strength of faith. A person with stronger faith has sharper firasah. Amr bin Nujaid said that Shah al-Kermani had sharp firasah and was never wrong. He also used to say that whoever lowers his gaze away from prohibitions, restrains himself from vain desires, constructs his interior according to muraqabah (knowledge that Allah is watching over us), his exterior according to the Sunnah, and accustoms himself to eat only halal, his firasah will never be wrong.

Ibn Masoud said, “There are three people with the sharpest firasah. The Egyptian who bought Yusuf and then said to his wife, ‘Make his stay comfortable, maybe he will profit for us or we shall adopt him as a son.’ [12:21]. The other was the daughter of Shuaib, who said to her father with regards to Musa, ‘Hire him!’ [28:26] And Abu Bakr, for he appointed Omar as his successor.” Another narration includes the wife of Pharaoh who said about Musa, “A comfort of the eye for me and for you. Kill him not, perhaps he may be of benefit to us, or we may adopt him as a son.’ [28:9]

Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq is considered to be the one with the greatest firasah in the ummah and Umar was the second. The incidents that prove Umar’s firasah are numerous, familiar and well-known. He never said with regards to anything, “I think this is so,” but it was what he thought. The fact that the Quran approved of his opinion sin many incidents is sufficient evidence of his sharp firasah. One of which was his opinion regarding the redemption of the captives from the Battle of Badr.

Once a man named Sawad Bin Qarib passed by and Umar dind’t know him. Umar said, “This is either a soothsayer or he was so in the days of jahiliyyah.” Upon sitting before Umar, Sawad said, “O commander of the faithful! You never received any of your guests the way you did me.” Umar said, “What we used to do in the days of jahiliyyah is worse than this. But tell me about what I have asked you.” Sawad said, “You were true, O commander of the faithful! I was a soothsayer in the days of jahiliyyah, then he told him the story.”

The sahabah, in general, had the most accurate and sharpest firasah. The true firasah is obtained from life and from the light Allah grants to whom He wishes from amongst His true servants. The heart receives life and light and then its firasah will almost never be wrong. Allah says, “Is he who was dead and We gave him life and set for him a light whereby he can walk amongst men, like him who is in the darkness from which he can never come out?” [6:122]

The verse describes the person as “dead” because of the disbelief in his heart and the life of jahiliyyah or ignorance he was leading, but then Allah gave him life through emaan or faith of knowledge. Upon his acceptance of these gifts, the Qur’an and faith become the light by which he sees his way out of the darkness (of disbelief and ignorance) and onto the straight path.

Firasah is linked to three human organs: the eye, ear and heart. His eye examines the look and the signs, his ear examines the speech, the over expressions, oblique inferences and hints, content, logic and tone of voice. And his heart analyzes both what is seen and hear to perceive hidden thoughts of others. His analysis and examination of the interior compared to the exterior is like one who examines currency to see if it is counterfeit after examining the outside. It is also similar to Ahlul-Hadeeth (scholars who specialize in the knowledge of the hadeeth), who will read a hadeeth that has a sound isnad (chain of narrators) but upon examination of the matn (text of the hadeeth), it is found that it is a fabricated hadeeth.

There are two factors in firasah. One is the quality of one’s mind, the sharpness of the heart and the intelligence. The second is the appearance of the signs and indications on others. When both factors are present than one’s firasah may not be wrong. Iyaas bin Mu`awiyah had great firasah and he was well-known because of it , as was Imam Shafiee who was also reported to have written about it.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother, what you have quoted is not intuition. It is insight from Allah, a sharp thought.
All the qualities that are mentioned in the article are qualities of thought. The qualities of belief.The qualities that lead to absolute faith. And upon such faith is given a sharper vision.
This occurs as a result of total submission.

I do not believe this is what our brother is seeking to answer. I might be wrong.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
One has to expeience the company of Awlia ( FRIENDS OF ALLAH ) to appreciate thier Karamat They believe in Allah and fear Him Allah has given them the tidings of success both in the life of this earth as well as in the hereafter.It is mainly due to the efforts of these Awlia Allah Islam spread in most parts of the world Unforunately our Wahabi brothers do not show the respect to the Awlia Allah which they merit but refer to them in dregotary terms as Sufies

????

Some clarification please.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Salam,

I read the following ahadith brother,I would like to share with you inshaAllah,hope it helps::

Muslim :: Book 29 : Hadith 5616
Abu Qatada reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A good vision is from Allah and a bad dream (hulm) is from the satan; so if one of you sees anything (in a dream which he dislikes, he should spit on his left side thrice and seek refuge with Allah from its evil, and then it will never harm him. Abu Salama said: I used to see dreams weighing more heavily upon me than a mountain; but since I heard this hadith I don't care for it (its burden).

Muslim :: Book 29 : Hadith 5621
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: When the time draws near (when the Resurrection is near) a believer's dream can hardly be false. And the truest vision will be of one who is himself the most truthful in speech, for the vision of a Muslim is the forty-fifth part of Prophecy, and dreams are of three types: one good dream which is a sort of good tidings from Allah; the evil dream which causes pain is from the satan; and the third one is a suggestion of one's own mind; so if any one of you sees a dream which he does not like he should stand tip and offer prayer and he should not relate it to people, and he said: I would love to see fetters (in the dream), but I dislike wearing of necklace, for the fetters is (an indication of) one's steadfastness in religion. The narrator said: I do not know whether this is a part of the hadith or the words of Ibn Sirin.

About interpretation of dreams and their truthfulness only a scholar can tell.We can just pray to Allah to help us and guide us.
Allah knows best.

Hmm yes brother, i guess we can only pray, i would love to understand my dreams as well, could clarify the search :hearts: but thanks for the hadeeth brother.

Brother brother, I mean no disrespect, but what were you trying to tell me, I am confused at the relevance of your post, can you please clarify?

Assalamu`alaykum

Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah
From “Madarij As-Salikeen”

Firasah is a sense of visual acumen, perception and insight. Allah says, “Surely! In this are the signs for the mutawassimeen.” [15:75]

And with the regard to the meaning of mutawassimeen, here is what some of the great interpreters of the Qur’an said about it: Mujahid said it is “those who have visual acuity”. Ibn Abbas said that it means “those who watch closely”. Qatadah said that it means “those who learn the lessons”. And Muqatel said that it means “those who reflect”. There is no contradiction or apparent incompatibility amongst these interpretations. For example, one who sees the ruins and houses of those who belied Allah’s Messengers would receive insight, admonition and reflection.

Alllah, subhanahu wa ta`ala, says the following with the regards to the hypocrites, “Had He willed, We could have shown them to you and you would have known them by their marks, but surely you will know them by the lahn of the speech!” [47:30] The first thing mentioned is the firasah of the eye and watching and the second thing noted is the firasah of the ear and hearing. The lahn of their speech is namely two varieties. One is proper and the other is wrong.

The proper lahn may mean eloquence as stated in the hadeeth: “And perhaps some of you are more eloquent in their claim than others.” (Bukhari and Muslim) Or it may mean an indirect reference or indication. The wrong lahn is the speech that has grammatical mistakes. By using it, people tend to change the meaning to something incorrect or to a hidden meaning which may not have been intended.

The meaning of the verse is that Allah has confirmed to His Prophet, sallallahu `alayhe wa sallam, that he would know them from the lahn of their speech. It is more likely that one may know more about the speaker and what is within his mind from his speech and the tone of his voice than from his physical appearance. The words and the tone of voice can tell much more, than the appearance, about the intention of the speaker. Firasah can be either visual or auditory. The Prophet, sallallahu `alayhe wa sallam, is reported to have said, “Beware of the firasah of the believer, for he sees with the light of Allah,” then he recited the verse, “Surely,?¢â‚¬A¦.mutawassimeen.” (Tirmidhi) The firasah of the believer is always truthful.

The firasah is a light which Allah, subhanahu wa ta`ala, deposits in the heart of His servant. By this light, His servant distinguishes between truth and falsehood and between right and wrong.

The reality of firasah is a sharp thought that enters the heart and dominates its opinion. It overwhelms the heart just as the lion does to its pray, fareesah. Note the similarity between firasah and fareesah in Arabic. However, in their linguistic forms, fareesah is an object whereas firasah is similar in form to wilayah (authority and power), imarah (authority and command) and siyasah (administration and leadership).

The strength of firasah is dependent on the strength of faith. A person with stronger faith has sharper firasah. Amr bin Nujaid said that Shah al-Kermani had sharp firasah and was never wrong. He also used to say that whoever lowers his gaze away from prohibitions, restrains himself from vain desires, constructs his interior according to muraqabah (knowledge that Allah is watching over us), his exterior according to the Sunnah, and accustoms himself to eat only halal, his firasah will never be wrong.

Ibn Masoud said, “There are three people with the sharpest firasah. The Egyptian who bought Yusuf and then said to his wife, ‘Make his stay comfortable, maybe he will profit for us or we shall adopt him as a son.’ [12:21]. The other was the daughter of Shuaib, who said to her father with regards to Musa, ‘Hire him!’ [28:26] And Abu Bakr, for he appointed Omar as his successor.” Another narration includes the wife of Pharaoh who said about Musa, “A comfort of the eye for me and for you. Kill him not, perhaps he may be of benefit to us, or we may adopt him as a son.’ [28:9]

Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq is considered to be the one with the greatest firasah in the ummah and Umar was the second. The incidents that prove Umar’s firasah are numerous, familiar and well-known. He never said with regards to anything, “I think this is so,” but it was what he thought. The fact that the Quran approved of his opinion sin many incidents is sufficient evidence of his sharp firasah. One of which was his opinion regarding the redemption of the captives from the Battle of Badr.

Once a man named Sawad Bin Qarib passed by and Umar dind’t know him. Umar said, “This is either a soothsayer or he was so in the days of jahiliyyah.” Upon sitting before Umar, Sawad said, “O commander of the faithful! You never received any of your guests the way you did me.” Umar said, “What we used to do in the days of jahiliyyah is worse than this. But tell me about what I have asked you.” Sawad said, “You were true, O commander of the faithful! I was a soothsayer in the days of jahiliyyah, then he told him the story.”

The sahabah, in general, had the most accurate and sharpest firasah. The true firasah is obtained from life and from the light Allah grants to whom He wishes from amongst His true servants. The heart receives life and light and then its firasah will almost never be wrong. Allah says, “Is he who was dead and We gave him life and set for him a light whereby he can walk amongst men, like him who is in the darkness from which he can never come out?” [6:122]

The verse describes the person as “dead” because of the disbelief in his heart and the life of jahiliyyah or ignorance he was leading, but then Allah gave him life through emaan or faith of knowledge. Upon his acceptance of these gifts, the Qur’an and faith become the light by which he sees his way out of the darkness (of disbelief and ignorance) and onto the straight path.

Firasah is linked to three human organs: the eye, ear and heart. His eye examines the look and the signs, his ear examines the speech, the over expressions, oblique inferences and hints, content, logic and tone of voice. And his heart analyzes both what is seen and hear to perceive hidden thoughts of others. His analysis and examination of the interior compared to the exterior is like one who examines currency to see if it is counterfeit after examining the outside. It is also similar to Ahlul-Hadeeth (scholars who specialize in the knowledge of the hadeeth), who will read a hadeeth that has a sound isnad (chain of narrators) but upon examination of the matn (text of the hadeeth), it is found that it is a fabricated hadeeth.

There are two factors in firasah. One is the quality of one’s mind, the sharpness of the heart and the intelligence. The second is the appearance of the signs and indications on others. When both factors are present than one’s firasah may not be wrong. Iyaas bin Mu`awiyah had great firasah and he was well-known because of it , as was Imam Shafiee who was also reported to have written about it.

Assalaam walaikum,

Brother, what you have quoted is not intuition. It is insight from Allah, a sharp thought.
All the qualities that are mentioned in the article are qualities of thought. The qualities of belief.The qualities that lead to absolute faith. And upon such faith is given a sharper vision.
This occurs as a result of total submission.

I do not believe this is what our brother is seeking to answer. I might be wrong.

Yeah i was wondering about intuition, but doesn't intuition come from thought? So i guess insight can be used, so insight comes from Allah and its more strong as the imaam of the believer increases? So one can never go wrong with insight? Tho my OP still stands, if anyone can help, would be nice.

????

Some clarification please.

Yes, more like alot of clarification, i did not understand him either.

Jakkaz Allah

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Dear brother can you please explain us your words and explain us why do you use such a words for your Muslim brothers and sisters, calling them as Wahabi, Astagfirullah.

Wahabi does not exist, it is only some people use this word to refer to the message of Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab ibn Sulaymaan al-Tameemi al-Hanbali (may Allaah have mercy on him), and they call him and his followers Wahhaabis. Everyone who has any knowledge of the movement of Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab (may Allaah have mercy on him) and his message knows that he sought to spread the message of pure Tawheed and to warn against shirk in all its forms, such as attachment to the dead, or to trees and rocks.

And these also include attacks of some misguided groups and sects in Islaam who attack followers of the only truth Islaam Alhamdulilah. May Allah guide them to the right path and help us to hold firmly to rope of Allah and not to seperate ourselfes.

Also brother, we do not accept some Awliyya in Islam which you have mentioned, like are doing some misguided Muslims, like Suffis for example, Astagfirullah. But we as Muslims accept only good Muslims and good belivers- Mumins who follow the truth Islaam. And Allah knows the best.

Dear brother True_Sultan I think is the best that you read some good and authentic Islamic books regarding this subject, and if you do not find any answer is the best that what is hidden that you leave only to Allah, because Allah knows the best.

May Allah guide us all to the right path. Ameen ya Rabby

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I remember an experience I had in Morocco when my first daughter was 17 months old.Before leaving home to go one minute to the shop in front of it,I assured myself that the window was not opened so much that she could pass throught it.while I was at the shop,a voice whispered into my ears to watch out for my daughter and go home immediately.I left the shop and ran upstairs into the room:indeed my daughter had the skillness to pull the sliding window and pass through it and she was sat down looking at the street.you can't imagine my feeling at that moment.my face became yellow for the scare and I trembled for long minutes.
was it an intuition or a whisper of an angel who was warning me?

True_Sultan

A logical believer
I remember an experience I had in Morocco when my first daughter was 17 months old.Before leaving home to go one minute to the shop in front of it,I assured myself that the window was not opened so much that she could pass throught it.while I was at the shop,a voice whispered into my ears to watch out for my daughter and go home immediately.I left the shop and ran upstairs into the room:indeed my daughter had the skillness to pull the sliding window and pass through it and she was sat down looking at the street.you can't imagine my feeling at that moment.my face became yellow for the scare and I trembled for long minutes.
was it an intuition or a whisper of an angel who was warning me?

hmm well it could be two of the following (what I think that is):
1). It was the motherly instinct that you have that gave you and intuition that your child might do something to hurt herself, and you as the mother had the urge to go and check.
2). It may have been an external force which gave you that intuition.

Now I just want to know the likelihood of possibility two to be happening? Some say its never as it ended along with the line of prophet hood.

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Dear brother can you please explain us your words and explain us why do you use such a words for your Muslim brothers and sisters, calling them as Wahabi, Astagfirullah.

Wahabi does not exist, it is only some people use this word to refer to the message of Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab ibn Sulaymaan al-Tameemi al-Hanbali (may Allaah have mercy on him), and they call him and his followers Wahhaabis. Everyone who has any knowledge of the movement of Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab (may Allaah have mercy on him) and his message knows that he sought to spread the message of pure Tawheed and to warn against shirk in all its forms, such as attachment to the dead, or to trees and rocks.

And these also include attacks of some misguided groups and sects in Islaam who attack followers of the only truth Islaam Alhamdulilah. May Allah guide them to the right path and help us to hold firmly to rope of Allah and not to seperate ourselfes.

Also brother, we do not accept some Awliyya in Islam which you have mentioned, like are doing some misguided Muslims, like Suffis for example, Astagfirullah. But we as Muslims accept only good Muslims and good belivers- Mumins who follow the truth Islaam. And Allah knows the best.

Dear brother True_Sultan I think is the best that you read some good and authentic Islamic books regarding this subject, and if you do not find any answer is the best that what is hidden that you leave only to Allah, because Allah knows the best.

May Allah guide us all to the right path. Ameen ya Rabby

well, I have been searching and to be honest, most things are quoted and its kinda hard for me to sometimes follow it, most fatwa are very vague and I can never ask a question myself on the sight, so I do resort to this TTI family for help, cause I love you all :hearts:

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Salam to all,

Ramadhan mubarak to all you people. May allah keep us content this ramadhan. I was also wondering if there are any other thoughts on this subject? I have been in the dark for awhile now =)

Salam,

masihuddin

My earlier post has no relevance to the subject of intuition and I apologize for causing confusion it is just a stray observation about the karamat of Awlia-Allah
I guess nobody can explain intuitions which turn out to be right This could be an act of mercy from AllahS.W.T or just coincidence.Instead of rellying on intuitios the muslims are required to weigh pros and cons of each situation and apply their minds before taking any step

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

The firasah of the believer is always truthful.

Reflect on this. These are powerful words. A believer has submitted himself to Allah. The Wisest has told us He will Guide you. He will illuminate the Path.

“Madarij As-Salikeen: can I download?

True_Sultan

A logical believer
My earlier post has no relevance to the subject of intuition and I apologize for causing confusion it is just a stray observation about the karamat of Awlia-Allah
I guess nobody can explain intuitions which turn out to be right This could be an act of mercy from AllahS.W.T or just coincidence.Instead of rellying on intuitios the muslims are required to weigh pros and cons of each situation and apply their minds before taking any step

but is there an intuition that is given by God or his Angels? Because i know that most intuitions are either self derived or derived from wispers (satanic). Is there any of the third type?

Assalaam walaikum,

The firasah of the believer is always truthful.

Reflect on this. These are powerful words. A believer has submitted himself to Allah. The Wisest has told us He will Guide you. He will illuminate the Path.

“Madarij As-Salikeen: can I download?

So does that mean the intuition of the third type exist? Is firasah the same as intuition?