what is your name? what does it mean?

Al-bint

Smile! It's Sunnah!
salaam alaikum,
very strange but this is how it is: nobody in my family knows the meaning of my name!! (thats y i wonder dn y dd dey give me ds name!) as it is nw.. i tried searchind islamic name dictionaries but its nowhere.... :(

wasalaam

elysetexel

my arabic name

A few weeks ago I picked my Arabic name:

Annissa

Iam very happy with it. A friend from me said it and I thought, Yes this the name for me!!

salaam aleikum

JenGiove

The original Gaelic spelling of my name is Ceilidh, which is a traditional social gathering in Ireland and Scotland. Wikipedia says the word is derived from a word meaning "companion". It also means "the heir/descendant of Caollaidhe", which is the name of an Irish clan. But I'm not, as far as I know lol.

I found some sites saying it means "pure" also, but I don't know how accurate that is.

That's really pretty.

Sister Kayleigh,

Everytime I see posts from you, I get a little sad. Ceilidh was my daughter's name. I never got to know her while she lived outside of the womb. She died in utero at 7months. Yes, it means "Celebration" but it's a special celebration, like an Eid....not just any ole' party.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:
My Name is Kashif which means "close to the english words revealer, discoverer, uncoverer or pioneer in Arabic, and is a common family name in South Asia."

My surname is Nazeer,which was my grandfather's name as well as I believe is one of the names of the prophet(sallallahu alyhi wasallam)which means "One who warns."
Thanks for reading :D
:wasalam:

kayleigh

Sister Kayleigh,

Everytime I see posts from you, I get a little sad. Ceilidh was my daughter's name. I never got to know her while she lived outside of the womb. She died in utero at 7months. Yes, it means "Celebration" but it's a special celebration, like an Eid....not just any ole' party.

I'm sorry :(

I didn't know it was specific. I didn't even know about the Gaelic background until I met someone from Scotland who told me how to spell it and everything.

hidaya

assalamulikum

well,my name is hanan which means mercy or pity....it is mentoined in surah MARYAM ..that ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY endowed prophet yahya his pity for
all creatures.
wassalam