What stopping you from reverting to Islam?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
i have noticed that there are a few people that are members here, that have been members for a very long time and are very friendly to islam; many of whom have well over a thousand posts, yet still have not made the shahadah. my question to these few people is: what are you waiting for sister? what are you waiting for brother? there's something that is drawing you to islam and muslims. just let go of that issue of wearing hijab or the stopping of eating pork and just embrace the faith already. you know islam is the truth in your head, now just accept it with your heart.

a_stranger

Peace for all our brothers and sisters in humanity ,
Don t you think it is time to try to understand Islam the final message of the one who created all ? :SMILY139:

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

I would like to address one of the issues mentioned in this topic about some people being adverse to reverting due to the actions of some Muslims they might have heard about or witnessed.

One thing I have noticed since marrying a born Muslim (I am a revert) is that some people (not all but some) who are born Muslim seem to take Islam as it was handed to them. This means they have not taken the time and effort to investigate what they have been told about their deen which in my opinion is one of the leading causes of confusion for them. They dont feel confused at all because they believe what they have been taught as children without ever attempting to find out if what they were told is even the truth! So if this continues in Muslim families the problem will never end.

I think that it is the parents responsibility to really investigate the things they were taught as children before passing it on to their own children. I think some born Muslims feel its not necessary to learn about Islam since they had been taught as children but they dont stop to consider they have only been taught what their parents were taught and so on and so on.

We all as Muslims have the same responsibility to follow the Quran and Sunnah of our Prophet (SAW) and nothing more and nothing less! So please take the time and effort to really know that its the truth you are passing on to your own children and not just what you were taught as a child. That is a good place to start in my opinion. Can you imagine what this Ummah would be like if everyone did that?

Wa salam

a_stranger

Islam gives the sincere follower a strong spiritual power to stop harming his ownself , his family and his society.

a_stranger

Now after reading Quran , which is calling you to ponder in the creation and believe in Allah who created, which is calling you to look inside your heart and turn to the one who is sustaining , providing, feeding , watering you and every other creature, it is time to surrender to Allah ,and turn to your Elah with purity and sincerity . It is time to say with all your soul and heart La Ellah Ella Allah , Muhammed Rasool Allah , then you sould start inner and outer purification and come closer by good deeds and prayers.

a_stranger

Since we have been born our life started coming to an end think about it. Their should be some great purpose for our being. It is unreasonable that the story come to the end with our death.

a_stranger

Suad

وَمَا خَلَقْنَا السَّمَاء وَالْأَرْضَ وَمَا بَيْنَهُمَا بَاطِلًا ذَلِكَ ظَنُّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا فَوَيْلٌ لِّلَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنَ النَّارِ (38:27)
Basit - Hussari - Minshawi -
Wama khalaqna alssamaa waalarda wama baynahuma batilan thalika thannu allatheena kafaroo fawaylun lillatheena kafaroo mina alnnari

Topics discussed in this Verse:
[Creation:not for idle sport]

38:27 (Asad) AND [thus it is:] We have not created heaven and earth and all that is between them without meaning and purpose, as is the surmise of those who are bent on denying the truth: [25] but then, woe from the fire [of hell] unto all who are bent on denying the truth! - *!*!

a_stranger

Surah Al-Fatiha
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful (1)
Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds, (2) The Beneficent, the Merciful. (3) Owner of the Day of Judgment, (4) Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help. (5) Show us the straight path, (6) The path of those whom Thou hast favoured. Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray. (7)

Translation of the meanings of Surat alfatiha

a_stranger

This call:- Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help- teaches hearts how to be sincere. It cancels all kinds of shirk : making partners to Allah from hearts and direct hearts to the Allah :noor alsamawat wa alard .

a_stranger

When you become muslem means you surrender to your creator, you become in harmony with all other creation including your own body which was created by Allah.

a_stranger

O mankind! Fear your Lord. Lo! the earthquake of the Hour (of Doom) is a tremendous thing. (1) On the day when ye behold it, every nursing mother will forget her nursling and every pregnant one will be delivered of her burden, and thou (Muhammad) wilt see mankind as drunken, yet they will not be drunken, but the Doom of Allah will be strong (upon them). (2) Among mankind is he who disputeth concerning Allah without knowledge, and followeth each froward devil; (3) For him it is decreed that whoso taketh him for friend, he verily will mislead him and will guide him to the punishment of the Flame.

Translation of the meanings of Quran Surah Al-Hajj

a_stranger

mankind! Remember Allah's grace toward you! Is there any creator other than Allah who provideth for you from the sky and the earth? There is no God save Him. Whither then are ye turned? (3) And if they deny thee, (O Muhammad), messengers (of Allah) were denied before thee. Unto Allah all things are brought back.(4)

Translation of the meanings of Quran Surah Fatir

a_stranger

O mankind! Lo! the promise of Allah is true. So let not the life of the world beguile you, and let not the (avowed) beguiler beguile you with regard to Allah. (5) Lo! the devil is an enemy for you, so treat him as an enemy. He only summoneth his faction to be owners of the flaming Fire. (6) Those who disbelieve, theirs will be an awful doom; and those who believe and do good works, theirs will be forgiveness and a great reward. (7)

Surah Fatir