When Muslims fall off the wagon...

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalamu alaykum brothers & sisters, Insha'Allah you're all in good health.

I have a problem. I am OPEN to all advice.

So, as some of you know, there are many Gas (petrol) stations in America owned by Muslims. They sell alcohol and lottery (gambling) which I can understand, since those are 2 things Americans love - to make money, a person must offer it.

I speak to a Muslim brother who runs a Gas (petrol) station near my house, he's very nice...But yesterday, I went to the drink area and saw a little stand..It had x-rated movies! Astaghfirallah, You cant imagine my face when I saw it.

I did not buy anything, and could not believe my eyes.

My question: Should I say nothing and never go in again?
What would you do, if anything?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I wrote a wonderful response but a gremlin ate it. Attempt number two.

We are told to enjoin that which is good and forbid that which is evil. Write the brother a note and explain to him he needs to get rid of those movies. It is haram. Gently explain that Allah will provide for him if he replaces these movies with something halal.

We as sisters have the same responsibilities as brothers. I"m right next to you sister. March in as a soilder of Allah.

Ashima33

Chances are.... he knows that it's against Islam.

I once read "it's sunnah to mind your own business." So, personally I wouldn't say anything. It's between him and God. Just because he's muslim doesn't mean he's practicing. Some Christians drink while others are strongly against it... so would you go up to someone you were "pretty sure" was christian and say, "Um.... excuse me... did you know you're drinking alcohol right now?"

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalaam walaikum,

I wrote a wonderful response but a gremlin ate it. Attempt number two.

We are told to enjoin that which is good and forbid that which is evil. Write the brother a note and explain to him he needs to get rid of those movies. It is haram. Gently explain that Allah will provide for him if he replaces these movies with something halal.

We as sisters have the same responsibilities as brothers. I"m right next to you sister. March in as a soilder of Allah.

Awww, Sister Aapa, I'm sorry to hear that! Whenever I type out a long response, i make sure to highlight the text with my mouse, and click "Control + C" to copy it, just in case something happens to it. Because Allah (swt) knows if a gremlin eats my text, I just wont respond :X

I wish i could, I know that he knows it's wrong, but I think some immigrants have such a hard time staying away from Capitalism and the lack of morality in the West, you know? :girl3:

Chances are.... he knows that it's against Islam.

I once read "it's sunnah to mind your own business." So, personally I wouldn't say anything. It's between him and God. Just because he's muslim doesn't mean he's practicing. Some Christians drink while others are strongly against it... so would you go up to someone you were "pretty sure" was christian and say, "Um.... excuse me... did you know you're drinking alcohol right now?"

LOL, that last thing made me laugh :biggrin:

I don't think I would say it like that..I think I would say..."Do you really think you should be doing that?" BUT, chances are I wont say anything! I'm so shy and rarely ever speak up on matters like this...Because I do feel we should mind our business, but at the same time - Someone said something to me, to make me change. So not all comments fall on deaf eats my dearest sister.

kayleigh

Yeah... I think he must know its haram. If they are in full view with no protective covers maybe you could complain because children might see them?

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Yeah... I think he must know its haram. If they are in full view with no protective covers maybe you could complain because children might see them?

Well they're in full view, but they do have covers. The covers are a colored plastic, with the race of the girls in the video on the front. I thought they were normal DVDs until I saw closer :shymuslima1:

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

Are you sure Muslims are the ones owning the gas stations ? Or are they just managing them ? Because If they just manage them then its understandable since they have to follow the company guidelines and sell whatever the upper managements tells them to sell

saifkhan

abd-Allah

Salam alaikum

Rasool Allah SAWS said:
When you see any mischief, stop it with our hands-if you have the physical ability,if there is a risk then stop it with your mouth,even then if there is a risk curse them/him,but that will be your lowest state of Eeman.

Sister,first of all thats usa, and you r sister, moreover youre a MUSLIM(alhamdulillah).....I think you got nothing to do without cursing them or pray for their hidayah.

Jazakallahu Khair
wassalam

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu:)

i believe you should tell him gently so if you do have a responsibilty to teach what is wrong wud be fulfilled!!!:)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
I once read "it's sunnah to mind your own business." So, personally I wouldn't say anything. It's between him and God.

i disagree. if everybody will mind only his business, the society will be full of crime and sins.

Salam alaikum

Rasool Allah SAWS said:
When you see any mischief, stop it with our hands-if you have the physical ability,if there is a risk then stop it with your mouth,even then if there is a risk curse them/him,but that will be your lowest state of Eeman.

are you sure bro that hadith uses the word "curse"?

i read the hadith in the following way:

He who amongst you sees something abominable should modify it with the help of his hand; and if he has not strength enough to do that, then he should do it with his tongue; and if he has not strength enough to do even that, then he should (at least abhor it) from his heart; and that is the least of faith.”

(Sahih Muslim Hadith 79 Narrated by Abu Sa’d al Khudri)

saifkhan

abd-Allah
i disagree. if everybody will mind only his business, the society will be full of crime and sins.

He who amongst you sees something abominable should modify it with the help of his hand; and if he has not strength enough to do that, then he should do it with his tongue; and if he has not strength enough to do even that, then he should (at least abhor it) from his heart; and that is the least of faith.”

Salam alaikum
yes brother....the right word would be abhor,actually i used the wrong word there....actually I couldnt find the right word then and couldnt find suitable substitution. Sorry and thanx for the correction....
I couldnt find so I mentioned at the last part to pray for their hidayah, coz it was triking me like"saif may be u're using wrong word"...lolz

Jazakallahu Khair
wassalam

saifkhan

abd-Allah

Salam alaikum
yes brother....the right word would be abhor,actually i used the wrong word there....actually I couldnt find the right word then and couldnt find suitable substitution. Sorry and thanx for the correction....
I couldnt find so I mentioned at the last part to pray for their hidayah, coz it was triking me like"saif may be u're using wrong word"...lolz

Jazakallahu Khair
wassalam

Dhulkarnein

Assalamu alaykum brothers & sisters, Insha'Allah you're all in good health.

I have a problem. I am OPEN to all advice.

So, as some of you know, there are many Gas (petrol) stations in America owned by Muslims. They sell alcohol and lottery (gambling) which I can understand, since those are 2 things Americans love - to make money, a person must offer it.

I speak to a Muslim brother who runs a Gas (petrol) station near my house, he's very nice...But yesterday, I went to the drink area and saw a little stand..It had x-rated movies! Astaghfirallah, You cant imagine my face when I saw it.

I did not buy anything, and could not believe my eyes.

assalam alaikum

1. we need to know if the gas station belongs to a muslim or they are just working there .

2. in both cases , if they are owners of that place or if they are just workers ,they need to be adviced .

3.to give a advice sometimes need to have more practis in dawah , but in most cases we must do as much as we can , we can not all be the same in knowledg

4. this is importen to know , the advice and the calling of a woman toward men it is not for them , man should call and advice man , womans should call and advice womans , this is how it is done and it is the best way to keep us in the safe side

it is ok if sometimes a woman advice even a man , but there are different cases and are conect to the situation , soo for this you should speak with imam of mosque if you have near , or you can tell any sister that is maried -than her husband (wich prayes etc) will advice them when he sees it is the best time and the best moment , becasue calling and advicing people is part of hikmah ( wisdom) ,soo we need to see first what thos people know about akida-belief , and teuhid .

becasue we can advice someone -but he will react in that way in wich we see that he dosnt know much about akida-belief , and dont be suprised if muslims that are born muslims -dont know about islam , in my contrie 90% are muslims with name , but they dont know much of islam

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
I would say to talk to him and ask if he is a muslim. There are a lot of people of another country that are not muslim. If he is, then tell him that it is wrong what he is doing, show him ayats from the Quran that this is wrong and if he does not listen, then its on him and between him and Allah.

We should speak as to what is wrong, it is our duty as muslims.

Allah knows best.

Ashima33

Well, of course there are boundaries to this. If someone was dying or being hurt then yah--- say something. If these videos are in sight of children. I WOULD say something whether this owner was muslim or not. With the description I have been given though... it doesn't seem to be something I would bother with. If it really bothered me, I just wouldn't go there.