Where do Dinosaurs fit in with Islam?

dna1987

Muslim Guy
Salam alaikum.

Kind of a random question....

Just wondering where dinosaurs fit in. Did they come before Adam and Eve? After Adam and Eve? During the time of Adam and Eve?

All historical books say that dinosaurs became extinct 65 million years ago. Just something I thinking about.

My guess at the moment, without any real knowledge on the topic, is that the flood that occured with prophet Noah was all the one that killed all the dinosaurs ...

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

Please refer to Hayatul-Haiwaan by Imam Demyaari (RA)...

It is the only comprehensive animal encylopedia written by any Muslim scholar.

It has fascinating tales of animals; their characterstics, Arab linguistics (origins of proverbs etc.) but please note that NOT all Ahadeeth in it are Authentic.

P.S: creatures like Dinosaurs are mentioned in the book along with ancient history...Dinosaurs are also mentioned in classic Persian literature (before Islam) and the word in Persian is "Sea-Murgh (Huge Chicken like creatures)"...I can't think of what he calls it in Arabic at the moment!

Nowadays Urdu, Persian & Dari refer to Murgh as Chicken but that is not the origin of the word

P.P.S: Although this is a fascinating subject but has no bearing on a person's beleif

Aapa

Mirajmom
uh...

I do not think that the flood killed them. Do you beleive that the Earth is more then 65 million years old? I also wonder what killed them though. What do you think about the asteroid? i am mirajmoms son

Sheba_770

Salam Aleykum,

I know for a fact after doing research in that subject " dinosaurs"..... that yes indeed they were killed at the moment of flood......They could not fit in the ark therefore they drown, the only other animals that survived from prehistoric times are the whales sharks and so on water creatures that did not need to be on an ark to survive.

P.S i happen to own some fossils of some prehistoric plants that no longer exist on earth and also a fossil of a dinosaur egg.

I hope this info helps, Sheba

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikoum,

Islam don't give anythig about dinosors.
I'm not a zoologist nor geologisit but I truly believe that they have existed and they were certainly created for reason and only Allah nows this reasons.

Now, neither the age of earth (few billion years) nor the existance of dinosors contradict with islam. Allah gave us history of earth since Adam. Evry thing beyond that belongs exclusivly to him.

:wasalam:

BrotherZak

Let me add shed some light on this topic:

"Has there not been over Man a long period of Time, when he was nothing - (not even) mentioned?"
- Al-insan Verse

Commentary: "Implying, according to all the classical commentators, "there has indeed been an immensely long [or "endless"] span of time" - the interrogative particle hal having here the positive meaning of qad. However, this meaning can be brought out equally well by interpolating the word "not"."

So their has been extremely a long time on this earth when man has not existed or as it said in the quran even conceived. Remember scientist estimate the age of the world in the billions so naturally Dinosaurs may fit in the picture. It does not contradict Islam at all..