Who is the leader of sunnis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

I think fellow brothers and sisters are confusing leadership with being outspoken and being an annoyance for the west. Leadership encompasses far more than that. First and foremost, a proper Islamic government should abide by Allah's law and the treat it's subjects according to it.

Mr Ahmadinajad's govt fails in both of the above mentioned. Neither is the country run on Quran and Sunnah nor are the subjects treated properly.

Ahmadinajad is what you call a 'puppet' of the Ayatollah of Iran. He has come from the Basij revoltuionary armguards system in Iran. These are loyal cold blooded murderers who take command from the Shi'ite clerics. Very much like a government run mafia. They kill and harm innocent humans, the evidence is all over the internet and print media.

With regards to being outspoken against the 'west', he is only using it as a diversion for the atrocities that are happening in his own country. When asked about the girl 'Neda' who was shot dead on video by the armed forces, Mr Ahmadinajad quickly becomes the voice of the muslims with a photo of the muslim hijabi woman (May Allah have mercy on her) who was murdered in Germany.

This is not advocating the right of the muslims. This is one of the prime tools in international politics. If the government of a country is accused by a military superpower, it comes out accusing it back on 10 other issues which can range from corruption to poor human rights. In other words, its a sign of 'hypocrisy' of the highest order.

In light of common sense and a bit of political science, such a government system will eventually fail. The majority of the people feel hard done by their government and are oppressed. And the government responds by increasing censorship in the country and painting a nice picture that everything is okay.
In addition, anyone who speaks against the government is an 'enemy of god' and can be jailed, tortured or executed. All evil is attributed to 'western agents', when they themselves have tried to spread their kufr in so many countries using the same tactics.

May Allah subhaanaho waa ta'ala save us from their evil and bring their downfall. Ameen

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

arzafar

I think fellow brothers and sisters are confusing leadership with being outspoken and being an annoyance for the west. Leadership encompasses far more than that. First and foremost, a proper Islamic government should abide by Allah's law and the treat it's subjects according to it.

Mr Ahmadinajad's govt fails in both of the above mentioned. Neither is the country run on Quran and Sunnah nor are the subjects treated properly.

Ahmadinajad is what you call a 'puppet' of the Ayatollah of Iran. He has come from the Basij revoltuionary armguards system in Iran. These are loyal cold blooded murderers who take command from the Shi'ite clerics. Very much like a government run mafia. They kill and harm innocent humans, the evidence is all over the internet and print media.

With regards to being outspoken against the 'west', he is only using it as a diversion for the atrocities that are happening in his own country. When asked about the girl 'Neda' who was shot dead on video by the armed forces, Mr Ahmadinajad quickly becomes the voice of the muslims with a photo of the muslim hijabi woman (May Allah have mercy on her) who was murdered in Germany.

This is not advocating the right of the muslims. This is one of the prime tools in international politics. If the government of a country is accused by a military superpower, it comes out accusing it back on 10 other issues which can range from corruption to poor human rights. In other words, its a sign of 'hypocrisy' of the highest order.

In light of common sense and a bit of political science, such a government system will eventually fail. The majority of the people feel hard done by their government and are oppressed. And the government responds by increasing censorship in the country and painting a nice picture that everything is okay.
In addition, anyone who speaks against the government is an 'enemy of god' and can be jailed, tortured or executed. All evil is attributed to 'western agents', when they themselves have tried to spread their kufr in so many countries using the same tactics.

May Allah subhaanaho waa ta'ala save us from their evil and bring their downfall. Ameen

at least he is not a puppet of the US and not a coward like the muslim leaders. moreover he has a very humble lifestyle compared to some of our muslim leaders. he doesnt own big palaces, cars and is a servant to his people. majority of Iranians still support him. his main opposition is from the urban areas aka the modernists and the liberals.

Abu Talib

Feeling low

That's absolutely true brother. During the iranian crisis recently I had been monitoring it closely and also spoke to Iranians inside Iran they say the same. They are being ruled in the name of religion and if these basijis catch any woman she doesn't come back alive. They rule under the banner of there so called Islam. And I did find this video when I was monitoring the Iranian crisis.
[yt]_lbYrDCDeKc[/yt]
[yt]azGE1zNCIP4[/yt]​

Aisha hussain..

seeking knowledge
salam alaykum brother

this was an eye opening video may Allah bless you for this,every iranian should watch this and i recently changed my passport and i was saying my dad i wish i could have my iranian passport agian
iam really thankfull to Allah whatever happens happens for our benefit

lets not debate over Ahmedinijed may Allah protect us from the ignorance of iran and lets not waste our time we should concentrate on what this thread started on

wasalam alaykum :)

weakslave

A leader of what exactly? If the "muslim" masses can't get together to rid Palestine of the jews, nor can the "muslims" get together to defend Afghanistan, then what is there for a Muslim sunni leader to lead?

When Islam rises again as a force to be reckoned with, Allaah will assist the people in choosing the most righteous to lead them. Until then, focus on being a leader and a role model in your family and among your community.

And that pushes me further to say: what have we as individuals done for our society as Muslims that is deserving of a leader? Or do we expect to sit on our hands and have someone come along and cleanup our mess?

This is why Allaah said

لَهُ مُعَقِّبَاتٌ مِّن بَيْنِ يَدَيْهِ وَمِنْ خَلْفِهِ يَحْفَظُونَهُ مِنْ أَمْرِ اللّهِ إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُغَيِّرُ مَا بِقَوْمٍ حَتَّى يُغَيِّرُواْ مَا بِأَنْفُسِهِمْ وَإِذَا أَرَادَ اللّهُ بِقَوْمٍ سُوءًا فَلاَ مَرَدَّ لَهُ وَمَا لَهُم مِّن دُونِهِ مِن وَالٍ
For each one are successive [angels] before and behind him who protect him by the decree of Allah. Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. And when Allah intends for a people ill, there is no repelling it. And there is not for them besides Him any patron. {13:11}

I have seen enough Muslim communities by now to say that it is absolutely disgraceful to see no one stepping up to the plate to volunteer or take responsibility when it comes to giving up time for the sake of Allaah. Upon the first signs of difficulty they are quick to jump off the boat: and say I am too busy, I don't have time, I, I, I!

The Prophet :saw: left two generations of hardworking leaders to take over the huge responsibility of spreading the message. And now.. there is no one around to step up to the plate or even show signs of caring.

So I ask again, a leader of what?

Abdul25

Logical Believer
at least he is not a puppet of the US and not a pussy like the muslim leaders. moreover he has a very humble lifestyle compared to some of our muslim leaders. he doesnt own big palaces, cars and is a servant to his people. majority of Iranians still support him. his main opposition is from the urban areas aka the modernists and the liberals.

very much true..
i am with u on this..
people need to be more practical.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Wow...we have several issues going on here. We almost are unraveling a rope and examining each thread.

Please tell me if I am wrong:
1. We are experiencing a loss of identity. We are looking for guidance. We want to connect to other Muslims..i.e. Muslim Nation.
2. We want a leader. We are not sure if this leader will implement political/social order or if the leadership will seek to provide Islamic guidance.
3. We have mentioned leaders of men of the past. We tried to list their characterstics.
4. We have asserted what we don't want in leadership.
5. We have defined the need of individual Muslim responsibility.

It would be easier if we discussed each one..as each has merits worthy of sound Islamic explanations.

And please forgive me..there is a response with an inappropriate word. It is not becoming to use such a word as your sisters find it offensive. Would you be so kind as to find a more suitable expression.

your aapa

iloveislam78

salam

MUHAMMED PBUH

was the last leader,

its our job as muslims to hold steadfast to his teachings and practises.

we dont need another ruler by gum!!!! lol

iloveislam78

salam

AND YES IM IN AGREEMENT WITH SISTER ABOVE ASTAGFIRULLAH PEOPLE SHOULD FEAR ALLAH SWT AND REFRAIN FROM USING DISGUSTING WORDS, WHICH ARE OFFENSIVE TO BOTH MEN AND WOMEN!!!! AS MODESTY IS NOT JUST FOR MUSLIMAHS

JAZAKALLAH!!

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
A leader of what exactly? If the "muslim" masses can't get together to rid Palestine of the jews, nor can the "muslims" get together to defend Afghanistan, then what is there for a Muslim sunni leader to lead?

When Islam rises again as a force to be reckoned with, Allaah will assist the people in choosing the most righteous to lead them. Until then, focus on being a leader and a role model in your family and among your community.

And that pushes me further to say: what have we as individuals done for our society as Muslims that is deserving of a leader? Or do we expect to sit on our hands and have someone come along and cleanup our mess?

This is why Allaah said

لَهُ مُعَقِّبَاتٌ مِّن بَيْنِ يَدَيْهِ وَمِنْ خَلْفِهِ يَحْفَظُونَهُ مِنْ أَمْرِ اللّهِ إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُغَيِّرُ مَا بِقَوْمٍ حَتَّى يُغَيِّرُواْ مَا بِأَنْفُسِهِمْ وَإِذَا أَرَادَ اللّهُ بِقَوْمٍ سُوءًا فَلاَ مَرَدَّ لَهُ وَمَا لَهُم مِّن دُونِهِ مِن وَالٍ
For each one are successive [angels] before and behind him who protect him by the decree of Allah. Indeed, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. And when Allah intends for a people ill, there is no repelling it. And there is not for them besides Him any patron. {13:11}

I have seen enough Muslim communities by now to say that it is absolutely disgraceful to see no one stepping up to the plate to volunteer or take responsibility when it comes to giving up time for the sake of Allaah. Upon the first signs of difficulty they are quick to jump off the boat: and say I am too busy, I don't have time, I, I, I!

The Prophet :saw: left two generations of hardworking leaders to take over the huge responsibility of spreading the message. And now.. there is no one around to step up to the plate or even show signs of caring.

So I ask again, a leader of what?

If I may answer the question. It is a leader for our whole Muslim Ummah that we need. A leader who will lead us as we can see that we are falling apart, being disunited.

While it is true that we can lead those under our power such as ourselves and our families, however, it would be wrong if we just wait; to just wait for a leader such as Hassan al-Banna to help our Ummah get back on the right track.

Why don't we, ourselves, prepare to be leaders? Or at least prepare our children to lead the nation as they will determine how our future will be.

Something that I need to ponder as well.

Wassalam.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum

revert2007 said:
There were caliphs during the prophets time but I don't think there is in todays time.As Islam is already well established and we seriuosly do not need anyone to tell us what is right and what is wrong as what comes from them but not be true.Everything is in Quran and Sunnah.We just need people to explain what is written in Quran and Sunnah.I guess we already have many people who are doing great job in explaining Quran and Sunnah such as Ibn Kathir,BUkhari,Muslim and others in sha Allah.

We do not need to hold tight to one particular leader as no one is perfect.The perfect iman on earth is the iman of Muhammad pbuh.and i will never ever agree if someone say they can be the leader and lead us.Even after prophet muhammad pbuh death,did any of his companion step forward and say"I am your new leader and follow me"?No..no one said that.All they did is just follow the quran and sunnah and spread what have been taught by the prophet pbuh.

Sis, the muslims are in need of a Khilafah upon Qur'aan and Sunnah ..thats the way it should be and that is how it was after Rasulullaah :saw: death.

The Shari'ah is there to be enforced and implemented, not studied and kept in huge volumes on dusty bookshelves. There is noway that can be done properly without a leader, leadership is the Sunnah way.

arzafar

i guess people are still dreaming.

We dont have the umar's the saladins etc. as i said before we have to make do with what we have. we have the examples of our pious predecessors but who is going to take the lead from them and lead us like they did. Individual responsibility is one thing but im talking about collective wisdom and strength through unity.

for eg. who is going to stand up against the ban on veil/minartes/halal only food in Europe? nobody - there are 1001 organizations/demonstrations. In fact some 'muslims' are saying that the ban is good and shariah is bad. now let's say if we had 1 leader who could rally the muslims for this cause we could have had 11 demonstration with a 100K people in each. Organization, discipline and unity make a big difference.

then we have 'muslims' who jump the sinking ship in muslim countries and immigrate to the west for a better life, instead of helping solve the problems in their own countries.

Now there are no leaders at the world stage that can do that so we move to lower levels. Is there a governor, a mayor, an elder you have met/seen who is a good muslim and a good leader. Who has worked for his community and improved the life and deen of the average muslims. kindly share some names.

bro abu talib and bro in islam, you are presenting just one side of the story. here is the other side.

The Fox News TV (US) asked the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad; " When you look into the mirror in the morning what do you say to yourself"? He answered: I see the person in the mirror and tells him " Remember, you are no more than a small servant, ahead of you today is the heavy responsibility, and that is to serve the Iranian nation". And this was how the broadcaster introduced him.

http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/demo/article-457.html

and whatever his beleifs, there is a class in his kufr. Like there was class to umar and khalid even before they converted to islam; which is why the prophet prayed for them to convert to islam. This 'claas' im talking about is natural and suddenly one day you cant wake up and become a leader. sadly the sunnis lack such leadership.

http://withfriendship.com/user/images/913/ShowLetter.jpg
http://withfriendship.com/user/images/913/ShowLetter_003.jpg
http://withfriendship.com/user/images/913/ShowLetter_004.jpg
http://withfriendship.com/user/images/913/ShowLetter_005.jpg
http://withfriendship.com/user/images/913/ShowLetter_007.jpg

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Your talks make me remind of what HT ppl propagate for Khilafah pretty similar facts.

Perhaps you forgot Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi he was more simpler than Ahmedinajad. You like a leader whose ideology and Govt. want to harm the Sunnis in his own state. Even I admired him so much seeing his speeches and at the UN but after knowing the reality its all gimmick under the banner of Islam they do.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum

at least he is not a puppet of the US and not a coward like the muslim leaders. moreover he has a very humble lifestyle compared to some of our muslim leaders. he doesnt own big palaces, cars and is a servant to his people. majority of Iranians still support him. his main opposition is from the urban areas aka the modernists and the liberals.

Stop praising a misguided Shi'ah :rolleyes: ..he wouldn't last a nano-second as leader of Ahlus Sunnah ..hilarious to think it even.

arzafar

Your talks make me remind of what HT ppl propagate for Khilafah pretty similar facts.

Perhaps you forgot Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi he was more simpler than Ahmedinajad. You like a leader whose ideology and Govt. want to harm the Sunnis in his own state. Even I admired him so much seeing his speeches and at the UN but after knowing the reality its all gimmick under the banner of Islam they do.

gandhi wasnt a great leader imo; nehru was a far better. he had the class (i cant find a better word to describe it)! And ahmedinijaad is far better than anything the sunnis have to offer. educated, practical, simple, effective and leads by example.

some people need to remove the rose tinted glasses and face up to the realities of life. you aint going to find a messiah in this day and age; so there are two options
1) do nothing and maintain the status quo. continue to watch patiently as islam is battered and the muslims deteriorate further.
2) find good youth and groom them to become future leaders who can stand up for the muslims and lead them in the coming years. arrange muslim youth conferences discuss world issues, solve problems, help the muslims etc, instead of wasting time driving cars and playing warcraft.

i like the 2nd option because The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; and if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart [by feeling that it is wrong] – and that is the weakest of faith.” (Narrated by Muslim, 49)

P.S. Im not calling for rebelling against muslims leaders and i never said that i wanted ahmeidnijad as the leader of the muslims. the hate and preconceived notions here are amazing. Go through my posts again and find me one place where i said that. I did appreciate his simplicity, honesty and dedication to his people which sadly i dont find in any sunni leader at the moment. The whole topic was to identify leaders from amongst the muslims of today so that they may be nurtured for the future. im fed up with lousy royals and ruthless dictators. But as usual we are too busy pulling each other's legs. I guess more suffering and humiliation is required before muslims actually wake up and smell the coffee.

Abu Talib

Feeling low
gandhi wasnt a great leader imo; nehru was a far better. he had the class (i cant find a better word to describe it)! And ahmedinijaad is far better than anything the sunnis have to offer. educated, practical, simple, effective and leads by example.

some people need to remove the rose tinted glasses and face up to the realities of life. you aint going to find a messiah in this day and age; so there are two options
1) do nothing and maintain the status quo. continue to watch patiently as islam is battered and the muslims deteriorate further.
2) find good youth and groom them to become future leaders who can stand up for the muslims and lead them in the coming years. arrange muslim youth conferences discuss world issues, solve problems, help the muslims etc, instead of wasting time driving cars and playing warcraft.

i like the 2nd option because The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; and if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart [by feeling that it is wrong] – and that is the weakest of faith.” (Narrated by Muslim, 49)

P.S. Im not calling for rebelling against muslims leaders and i never said that i wanted ahmeidnijad as the leader of the muslims. the hate and preconceived notions here are amazing. Go through my posts again and find me one place where i said that. I did appreciate his simplicity, honesty and dedication to his people which sadly i dont find in any sunni leader at the moment. The whole topic was to identify leaders from amongst the muslims of today so that they may be nurtured for the future. im fed up with lousy royals and ruthless dictators. But as usual we are too busy pulling each other's legs. I guess more suffering and humiliation is required before muslims actually wake up and smell the coffee.

I respect your opinion and thoughts on Ahmedinajad. But try talking to Iranians from Iran then know the reality you have seen him on TV and all. Politicians are mavericks of quotes & statements so it won't surprise me what Ahmedinijad said. And for the pictures then do you know when they were taken then ? Have a look at Obamas pictures in earlier years of his life before becoming President may be he would also look more humble, educated, simple too as Ahmedinijad.

P.S: Its just a fruitful discussion not a argument.

Aisha hussain..

seeking knowledge
salam alaykum lol bro ask me iam an iranian sunni ask us how much we face in and out iran
may Allah rectify the conditions in iran specially those who are following the sunnah of prophet Muhammad saw

weakslave

If I may answer the question. It is a leader for our whole Muslim Ummah that we need. A leader who will lead us as we can see that we are falling apart, being disunited.

While it is true that we can lead those under our power such as ourselves and our families, however, it would be wrong if we just wait; to just wait for a leader such as Hassan al-Banna to help our Ummah get back on the right track.

Why don't we, ourselves, prepare to be leaders? Or at least prepare our children to lead the nation as they will determine how our future will be.

Something that I need to ponder as well.

Wassalam.

Exactly my point sister. Thank you.

arzafar

I respect your opinion and thoughts on Ahmedinajad. But try talking to Iranians from Iran then know the reality you have seen him on TV and all. Politicians are mavericks of quotes & statements so it won't surprise me what Ahmedinijad said. And for the pictures then do you know when they were taken then ? Have a look at Obamas pictures in earlier years of his life before becoming President may be he would also look more humble, educated, simple too as Ahmedinijad.

P.S: Its just a fruitful discussion not a argument.

OPnce he came to the US he was no longer 'simple'. you cant be harvard law grduate and not financially successful. Plus he can talk the talk very well so must be raking in the bucks. I think in his book he mentions working for the big guys and that's where he joined politics.

This thread was not about ahmedinijad. I just mentioned him because imo shia have a godd leader in him. Off course they could bfind someone better. Most of the outcry against ahmedinijad are from the liberal/secular/modernist iranians.

Status
Not open for further replies.