Who is the leader of sunnis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arzafar

:salam2:

I guess we have all heard the outspoken ahmedenijaad of Iran. Needless to say im a fan of him (and chavez) simply because he has a couple and calls a spade a spade. At least he can speak to the imperialist eye to eye. Unfortunately he's shia. So my question is whether you know of any sunni leadership emerging that we can look forward to actually leading us. kindly share some names.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum.Well I would just say it is our beloved prophet Muhammad pbuh.We do not need any other leader except Muhammad pbuh alone.Assalamualikum.

arzafar

Assalamualikum.Well I would just say it is our beloved prophet Muhammad pbuh.We do not need any other leader except Muhammad pbuh alone.Assalamualikum.

well but he (saw) has passed away. so now the question is whether we have anybody who will lead us on his (saw) steps. Leadership is very important.

"An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep."

revert2007

Love Fishing
well but he (saw) has passed away. so now the question is whether we have anybody who will lead us on his (saw) steps. Leadership is very important.

"An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep."

I don't think so we need any leadership besides Muhammad pbuh as Allah s.w.t mentioned in Quran to follow the footsteps of Muhammad pbuh alone.When we begin to follow other leaderships then the ummah will be corrupted as it is now many people have their own role models and so on.

Just follow the Quran and the sunnah of Prophet Muhammad pbuh.
Allah knows the best.Assalamualikum.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I am not a sectarian. However, even after the demise of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, we had to have leadership. And we did. I know this to be a fact.

Sister it is not what you think. We just have to look at Islamic history. We have to decide who we are going to trust in this day and time.

Abu Talib

Feeling low

Yes we need a leader but not like Ahmedinijad I am wondering what Qualities should a leader of Sunnis have? And if so how we can choose him

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother we make dua world wide. We unite in a day of dua. We have to be of firm conviction. We have to return to understanding that the masjid is our first means of leadership and organization. The family unit is the primary social oraganization..secondly we need to return to the concept of community. We are lacking in this.
In our lives we are so busy answering to everyone and everything..but not to our Islamic responsibilites. We forget the sin we bring upon ourselves..as we allow the kuffir to penentrate into our world. We allow ourselves to become second class citizens. I digress, forgive me.

revert2007

Love Fishing
well as a revert I am not going to follow any leaders.I need to play safe.It is more than enough for me to follow quran and sunnah.I do take the scholars advice and so on but that doesn't mean I am following any particular leadership.I do not follow any particular mazhab and I do not have to either.People these days tend to confuse new Muslims and many reverts are shia as well.Alhamdulilah I know very well what I am practising :)
That is just my point of view.It can differ from one person to the other.I testify

Ashadu ala ilaha illa'llah.

wa Ashadu anna Muhammadan ‘abduhu rasuluh

I bear witness that there is no God to be worshiped but Allah,

and I bear witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger

I didn't testify to follow any leadership.I accept the knowledge being contributed and I learn from them yet I will not say I choose them as my leaders..Even prophet Muhammad pbuh is not alive,his teaching is still alive.so why do we need someone else.if the leader teaches something new,then we are in trouble.Islam is already beautiful as it is and we do not need to substract or add anything.

My leader is Muhammad pbuh and I am happy about it and I am proud about it:)
Allah knows the best

Assalamualikum :)

arzafar

yes aapa got my point.

so do you see any one around you who could lead the Muslim community. i would like to know from other people as well especially from arab countries, if they see and future leaders. anyone doing honest social/welfare work fort muslims, someone who is respected etc.

btw sister revert following the caliph is obligatory. atm there is no caliph but in the future if there is one, all muslims must follow him.

arzafar

Yes we need a leader but not like Ahmedinijad I am wondering what Qualities should a leader of Sunnis have? And if so how we can choose him

he follows the teachings of Muhammad ibn abdullah. sister revert has already made that point.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister Revert has made a critical point. We need to heed this. Islam is an ever growing faith. Once a person had decided to return to Islam..they can become very frustrated with it. My goodness..there is so much out there. And here are simple people trying to work on being Believers. In a simple analogy..the revert puts his toes in the froth of the ocean and Islam comes like a tidal wave.
What we lack is organization. I find this amusing. We, Muslims, have our own time. I have found myself at the masjid at 9:30. Prayers are supposed to start at 10:00. No-one shows up until 10:15. I now have a key!
I think of the Eid's. It would be so nice to be able to tell my boss I will be taking such and such a day off..naw..we are Muslims.

We have to unify on a grassroots level. We have to have representatives without egos meet on a state level and move to a national level. However..in the States I see a lot of Large Egos.

Thus, I say first criteria is no ego.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
we are in 2010 and we sunnits have arrived till now without the leadership of anybody but the teaching of prophet Muhammed (SAWS),and we are strong.maybe in the next future it will come a leader,but I suppose that politic may confond religion,like Ahmadinejad is making now,by denying the existence of Israelits,and the Quran doesn't allow this,even if it is often said that the Jewish have been punished by Allah for thei misbelief.:wasalam::SMILY259:

revert2007

Love Fishing
Well I of course do not object the idea of having someone who can encourage us to be a better Muslim and lead us to the right path.But lets see those who are already following some leaders.If they were to do dawah,are they going to ask the new reverts to follow the leader whom they think is the perfect leader or are they going to tell the new reverts to follow the sunnah of Muhammad pbuh?

When we add too much new things into Islam,things become so complicated.May be in the beginning the leader is a good person and he manage to get many followers.What if one day syaitan mislead him?his followers will be mislead as well.Why take the risk?

There were caliphs during the prophets time but I don't think there is in todays time.As Islam is already well established and we seriuosly do not need anyone to tell us what is right and what is wrong as what comes from them but not be true.Everything is in Quran and Sunnah.We just need people to explain what is written in Quran and Sunnah.I guess we already have many people who are doing great job in explaining Quran and Sunnah such as Ibn Kathir,BUkhari,Muslim and others in sha Allah.

We do not need to hold tight to one particular leader as no one is perfect.The perfect iman on earth is the iman of Muhammad pbuh.and i will never ever agree if someone say they can be the leader and lead us.Even after prophet muhammad pbuh death,did any of his companion step forward and say"I am your new leader and follow me"?No..no one said that.All they did is just follow the quran and sunnah and spread what have been taught by the prophet pbuh.

In todays time,we must be really be careful whom we follow.Once a person has great knowledge in Quran and Sunnah,he can easly know who is telling the truth and who is not.

We as Muslims,brothers and sisters in Islam can advice and encourage and remind each other.We do not need one particular person to lead us.
Allah knows the best. :)Assalamualikum.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

At this moment, honestly, I'm not sure on who we should follow. If our khalifah (leader) happens to be like Saidina Umar al-Khattab, Khalifah Harun ar-Rasyid or Sallahuddin Al-Ayubi who were sincere to establish a Khilafah al-Islamiyah (an Islamic administration like at the time of the leaders mentioned), then we have no doubts to follow such leader and give our vows to them. But yes, at this time of fitnah, we need to hold on strongly to the Quraan and as-Sunnah as we can't distinguish who are the genuine leader fighting in the cause of Allaah and who aren't.

But inshAllaah at the end of this world, it is Prophet Isa a'laihi salam who will lead this ummah.

Wassalam.

Aisha hussain..

seeking knowledge
salam alykum

wow i always use to think about having a sunni leader i like Ahmedinejad but he only supports shia's in my country, and that would be so great if there would be caliph for this generation of the ummah, this ummah will go under drastics changes and the ignorant Muslim will then seriously take the religion as it was inshallah

i hope this comes trus inshallah :)

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

At this moment, honestly, I'm not sure on who we should follow. If our khalifah (leader) happens to be like Saidina Umar al-Khattab, Khalifah Harun ar-Rasyid or Sallahuddin Al-Ayubi who were sincere to establish a Khilafah al-Islamiyah (an Islamic administration like at the time of the leaders mentioned), then we have no doubts to follow such leader and give our vows to them. But yes, at this time of fitnah, we need to hold on strongly to the Quraan and as-Sunnah as we can't distinguish who are the genuine leader fighting in the cause of Allaah and who aren't.

But inshAllaah at the end of this world, it is Prophet Isa a'laihi salam who will lead this ummah.

Wassalam.

You made me rise by telling those great leaders names. By Allaah they were full of Taqwa and ruled according to Allaah's command.

Abdul25

Logical Believer

I guess we have all heard the outspoken ahmedenijaad of Iran. Needless to say im a fan of him (and chavez) simply because he has a couple and calls a spade a spade. At least he can speak to the imperialist eye to eye. Unfortunately he's shia. So my question is whether you know of any sunni leadership emerging that we can look forward to actually leading us. kindly share some names.

there is no one and nobody is gonna come in ages also..

the concept of khilafat cant work now, we tried it and it failed (i am talking about khilfat usmania), and there is not a single muslim country which can sustain the burden of khilafa, also muslims r divided even more now.. i dont see any chances of any great leader..

arzafar

but that's the point i was making. we dont have the umar's and the abu bakr's but we still need a representative, a voice for the ummah, somebody to look up to in times of distress, who will give us a direction and renew our confidence. We have to start from somewhere and our future leaders have to come from within us.

As far as pakistan is concerned, there is a severe dearth of any sort of leadership. Edhi sahab is doing some awesome welfare work, may Allah reward him for that but generally people are just hypocritical, selfish and dead!

At the moment the wrong sort of people are representing us which is partially our own fault. But surely we all wish to have a true leader too. Perhaps mulism are not ready for a change yet. I guess we'll have to dig deep and hang in there for the time being although i don't have a good feeling about the coming decades. More humiliation for islam and fitna for muslims coming up. Inshallah we will survive it.

P.S.
leadership is more than just being a good muslim. you have to motivate and manage people; get the best out of everybody. Prophet Muhammad (saw) was a great leader apart from being a prophet. Unfortunately there are no true muslim leaders i see around me.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
there is no one and nobody is gonna come in ages also..

the concept of khilafat cant work now, we tried it and it failed (i am talking about khilfat usmania), and there is not a single muslim country which can sustain the burden of khilafa, also muslims r divided even more now.. i dont see any chances of any great leader..

Akhi,

It doesn't takes a day to establish a Khilafah Islamiyah nor does it takes a day to bring up a generation who will fight sincerely for Islam. Imam al-Ghazali wasn't able to see the effect of his book; Ihya Ulum ad-Deen to the Muslims at the time of his life. Only when he has passed away, we can see how his books are widely used, search and learned by many up until this day.

We still have hopes and our weapon; dua'a. Of course, we need to make an effort and struggle first and foremost to our best and greatest abilities to put Islam at the highest level, the place where it belongs. As well do we believe that one day, Islam will arise right before Yaum al-Akhirah.

In an Islamic magazine I read, the ulama at the time of the great leaders had a very big role in the country's administration. The ulama won't hesitate to correct the mistakes of the khalifah.

Khalifah Harun ar-Rasyid wanted to learn and seek knowledge from an ulama (the magazine didnt mentioned his name). He invited the ulama to his palace. However the ulama said, "If you want to seek knowledge from me, it is you who have to come to my place." And so, Khalifah Harun ar-Rasyid, who manage to conquer 2/3 of the world during his leadership humbled himself to seek knowledge from an ulama at his time. MashaAllaah. It is such man, such honourable and true Muslim man that we need, who will, bi ithnillah, be the leader of the Muslim ummah.

History of Khilafah Uthmaniyyah, Umaiyyah and Abbasiyah showed us that the reason they fell apart were due to the weak leaderships. They became great when their leader submit sincerely to Allaah, when their heart weren't attached to the worldly matters. But when their hearts become attached to the world, corruption happened widely around the country and their defence for the country became weak, that's when they came to the end of the Khilafah.

I pray that may we be among those who will still be alive, to see the rise of Islam, as history has shown that we were once the greatest nation in this world. Keep working and keep praying. May our dua'a be heard and maqbool by Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala. Aminn Ya Rabb al-Alameen.

Waalaykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

Status
Not open for further replies.