Why did you join turntoislam.com

Azra

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah hiwabarakatuh all,

I came across the link to this website on a fellow ukthi's site and decided to check it out. MasyaAllah, I was instantly hooked! There was so much that I could gather from here: the videos, the nasheeds, the forums. This site is also constantly updated, there is never a dull moment here.

That's my story and what's yours?

Wassalam.

arabiantxn

:salam2: I come form a very messed up family although I was born in a Muslim family. My parents and their family are not religious at all our extent of Islam is that we all have Muslim names pray when ever we feel like (once a month or so) and don’t fast. My mother side is obsessed with culture and family name and my father side is obsessed with conducting business and being thugs. My whole life I was bought up given emphasis on dunya (world) and not on Islam. I came across this site while looking at some quran videos on google.com and soon after I decide to join. I am a Muslim by name inshallah want to be a Muslim by practice.

i also wanted to let you folks know how much i am impressed with each one of you for your love for islam and muslims and the open heart welcome you people give.
btw
my name is mustafa

albinsaid09

arabiantexan , im very impressed with your story. Alhamdulilah you found found this website. I join TTI because i want to communicate with muslims worldwide and esp the converts.

arabiantxn

Oh please brother as a muslim its our duty to practice islam .its sad to see people who are muslims but act otherwise .

albinsaid09

Itis ok if they do not practice islam for NOW. Inshallah they repent before death comes..., inshallah we'll pray for that. Talking about death , have we prepared ourselves for that...... It can come anytime before you realise it. A

:angryblue:

albinsaid09

:salam2:
. My mother side is obsessed with culture and family name and my father side is obsessed with conducting business and being thugs. My whole life I was bought up given emphasis on dunya (world) and not on Islam.

I am not surprised. Some arabs are VERY proud about their culture. I think some of them think they will surely go to heaven just because they are arab. My family are also proud to be arab but alhamdulilah, we are practicing muslims. Make a lot of dua , god willing they might even become a better muslim than you. Not joking bro..

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
A long story - short ;-)

When the Lebanon crisis occured last summer, when 2 Isreali soldiers were kidnapped by Hamas (thanks guys) and the Jews responded with even worse attrocities than per usual - supposedly chasing the "terrorists"/"freedom fighters" into Southern Lebanon and subsequently bombing their infrastructure back to the Stone Age... I was compelled to learn more about the Middle Eastern (ME) History. Growing up, I become somewhat apathetc of the Jewish/Muslim conflict in the ME because it always seemed to me that it was non-stop "eye for an eye" fighting that (for whatever reasons) wasn't going away. So I just got used to it.

As I was doing this research, I happened to also be reaching a critical point as a Christian. Through prayer, learning, reading my own bible, and observing the world around me I began to concider possibilities I would have never dared to before. Who was this "helper" Jesus was telling me to watch out for (the night before the Romans/Jews try crucifying him, he tells his disciples not to be afraid because the "helper" is coming who will reveal the truth about God. There were other warnings and messages I intuitively began to understood, making their way through hundreds of years of history and deception, that I would have a very difficult time trying to articulate to you now. Let's just say that the human brain is a powerful thing, and that prayer works - This is how Jesus led me to Islam.

So while I'm researching the ME, I was finding small pieces of Islam come out to me - and I would say, "ho, hum, that's interesting" - continuing my search. Then another piece of Islam would pop out at me, and I'd say, "ho, hum, that's very true." After about three full days' worth of research from a variety of sources, I decided that I had a decent grip on MEern history and felt compelled to read this "Qur'an" that had caused so much controversy. After about halfway through the 3rd chapter, tears streamed their way down my face as I realized that this was the precise truth from God Himself; That I had solved a part of the riddle of my life, breaking through a mountain of lies and prejudice and personal sin that would have otherwise prevented me from fulfilling Jesus' instructions. When I came to this point, I knew that I needed to learn much more about this "Islam", and after searching around through Google Videos a bit (yes, this is a recurrant theme in this thread I realize ;D) I noticed a little wavvy banner telling me to TurnToIslam.com ... and so I did.

The rest, as they say, is history. ;-) Thank you for your time.

Wa'Alaikum Salaam,
Brother Brandon

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother Brandon,

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It's very moving.

Take care of yourself, and always ask Allah the Almighty to strengthen your faith and increase your knowledge. Every Muslim [whether born into a Muslim family or a revert to Islam] needs to ask for Allah's guidance in strengthening his faith and increasing his knowledge.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

Well I guess as admin I didnt technically join it. But, I made the website because I felt that we as Muslims have to do something to help people understand Islam. Both Muslim and non-Muslim.

A site where people are welcome and can be together as an Ummah. Sticking to the book of Allah and the Sunnah of his messenger :saw:

I was fed up with the ignorance people have about Islam.

With this site, people will have a place to go and learn properly. To see for themselves who Muslims are.

Alhamdulillah, it is a blessing from Allah that we have our brothers and sisters here from around the world.

Last month, we took shahada from several people, one of whom is an Inuit from a remote town in Canada, mashaAllah. There it is -15 and the temperatures reach as low as -40. Her family is happy and fine with this choice, alhamdulillah.

The other person was a sister who is just 14, she is from the USA. Her parents do not know that she is Muslim, she has to keep it secret.

What matters is that people learn who Allah is and who the Messenger was. That they understand the message Of Islam is a universal message from Allah, that was revealed to all the Prophets. To Worship Allah alone without associating any partners with him.

How many times do we see Muslms state this? When they had all that drama about the niqab debate in UK, did Muslims ever say what the most important belief for Muslim was? That was a good opportunity which was missed. And they keep on missing it.

If the non-Muslims were to know how simple Islam was, what the original teachings were, then things would be a lot better.

Wasalam.

hambaAllah

:bismillah:

I was finding a way out of my addiction to scrabble and suddenly the site that i used to play it msn.game decided not to have it there anymore..So being an addict we found another website to play but something just died in me. I love to surf the net and read certain website and one of them was wakeupfromyourslumber n that where i saw the video of lebanon n the TTI logo and b4 i know it ,, i kissed scrabble goodbye(after 7yrs or more) and hello TurnToIslam,, my new cyber addiction...Alhamdulillah:tti_sister: im still learning about the deen,:tti_sister: ,and arabic too...:tti_sister: MAY ALLAH SWT BLESSED THIS SITE AND ALL THOSE INVOLVES ,, LEARNING TILL THE DAY WHEN I WILL HAVE TO MEET THE ANGEL, ISRAIL
:inshallah::allahuakbar:
:wasalam: :hijabi:

Umm3mar

Salamo Aleikom

I actually was a memeber of a different site. I was not very satisfied there and was going to withdraw membership. Someone from here (turntoislam) responded to a post at the old site inviting us to come here.

I joined and haven't gave a backward glance. Masha'allah the information is quite useful, and the ambiance much friendlier.

Jazak'allakher to one of the "strangers".

Marwa17

i was doing a project for school and googled misconceptions abotu islam...or something...either way, this came up as one of the sites and i seriously don't know what made me join...i mean there's all these other islamic forums that i see all the time but i've never joined any of them...i didn't even use my account until like a month later or something...i think...it actually seems like it's all in a fog now...lol...alhamdulillah i've benefitted soo much from all of you...jazakallahu khairan

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)

I was searching for some videos after typing in the word 'ISLAM' at the Google website. It was there that I saw the TTI logo.

After viewing the topics that were discussed on the main TTI webpage, I became a member because I felt I have an extended family of brothers and sisters who have the knowledge to teach me about different aspects of Islam through the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah. It's like sitting in a lecture room with a different 'subject' to learn from every day, with participation from brothers and sisters across the world.

:jazaak: to everyone who has contributed with their time, wisdom and knowledge towards helping me (and others) in learning the truth about our beautiful religion. May Allah (SWT) reward you all in this world and the next.

:wasalam:

DUA:

Allahumma-a-inni ala zikrika wa shukrika wa husni ibadatika.
O Allah! Help me in remembering Thee, in expressing gratitude to Thee, and in worshipping Thee in the best of manners.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

When the Lebanon crisis occured last summer, when 2 Isreali soldiers were kidnapped by Hamas (thanks guys) and the Jews responded with even worse attrocities than per usual - supposedly chasing the "terrorists"/"freedom fighters" into Southern Lebanon and subsequently bombing their infrastructure back to the Stone Age... I was compelled to learn more about the Middle Eastern (ME) History. Growing up, I become somewhat apathetc of the Jewish/Muslim conflict in the ME because it always seemed to me that it was non-stop "eye for an eye" fighting that (for whatever reasons) wasn't going away. So I just got used to it.

As I was doing this research, I happened to also be reaching a critical point as a Christian. Through prayer, learning, reading my own bible, and observing the world around me I began to concider possibilities I would have never dared to before. Who was this "helper" Jesus was telling me to watch out for (the night before the Romans/Jews try crucifying him, he tells his disciples not to be afraid because the "helper" is coming who will reveal the truth about God. There were other warnings and messages I intuitively began to understood, making their way through hundreds of years of history and deception, that I would have a very difficult time trying to articulate to you now. Let's just say that the human brain is a powerful thing, and that prayer works - This is how Jesus led me to Islam.

So while I'm researching the ME, I was finding small pieces of Islam come out to me - and I would say, "ho, hum, that's interesting" - continuing my search. Then another piece of Islam would pop out at me, and I'd say, "ho, hum, that's very true." After about three full days' worth of research from a variety of sources, I decided that I had a decent grip on MEern history and felt compelled to read this "Qur'an" that had caused so much controversy. After about halfway through the 3rd chapter, tears streamed their way down my face as I realized that this was the precise truth from God Himself; That I had solved a part of the riddle of my life, breaking through a mountain of lies and prejudice and personal sin that would have otherwise prevented me from fulfilling Jesus' instructions. When I came to this point, I knew that I needed to learn much more about this "Islam", and after searching around through Google Videos a bit (yes, this is a recurrant theme in this thread I realize ;D) I noticed a little wavvy banner telling me to TurnToIslam.com ... and so I did.

The rest, as they say, is history. ;-) Thank you for your time.

Wa'Alaikum Salaam,
Brother Brandon

Assalamu Alaykum,

Here is your first thread:

With Love and Respect, from Canada

I hope the answers that were given had helped you inshaAllah. :SMILY206:

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah

Haha, it's been a long road since then. =) Thanks for reminding me of where I've come from, though...

It's nice to hear how others came upon this website, too. Very nice thread idea; Let's keep it up. =)

:wasalam:

umm hussain

asalam alaikum

I dont remember exactly where i saw the link to the website but I came onto the site a couple of times before i finally decided to register because of all the interesting topics I saw and this community has a lot to offer unlike another forum I was on and there is so much to learn. I would love to conrtibute more but I have so many commitments at the moment

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Asalaamu Alaykum

Why did i join.....mmm.....well once back in july i was just browsing around the net looking for good islamic sites to learn and benefit from and i came across this site :) SubhanAllah i remember i only used to log on to listen to the Quran recitation from Kuwait by the Imam Fahd Al Kanderi. Masha-Allah his voice was soooo beautiful......i used to listen at least 3-4 times aday......until i actually had learnt it off by heart Alhamdulillah...

By then i thot i have to join and thank the people who made the site.....and so i did.....link below :hijabi:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156

From then on i loved reading the articles posted and was thirsty for more and more knowledge...

When i joined my intention was only to learn and benefit from the site, that is still my intention......never in the world i thought i would become a moderator or be here now helping our brothers and sisters...Alhamdulillah.

My main aim is to please Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala by helping who need help as much as i can insha-Allah...

wasalam