Why do I get so angry?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalamu Alaykum
My blood is boiling while I'm typing this.

Why do I get so angry when I see pictures of Muslim[ah]s and crosses (suggesting that it's only a matter of time before Muslim[ah]s see "the truth")? Or why do I get so angry when I hear of Christian Missionaries converting some Muslim[ah]s to their false religion?

Why do I get so angry when people make fun of Allah (SWT), or the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon them and their families)?

Why do I get angry in these situations? Whenever I see a Muslim[ah] and see crosses in the background, whenever I hear of Muslim[ah] converts to Christianity, whenever someone speaks a lie about Islam, whenever someone preaches against Islam, etc., I get angry.

Not angry in the sense that I want to kill all of the non-believers/people doing this stuff. Definatly not. But, I get so angry that I just want to debate until there's no end and shake a non-believer's faith (or make a secular person believe in Islam) so much that they'll go to bed crying.

Whenever I see a non-Muslim enter an Islamic chatroom, I rub my hands together as if plotting diabolically, I make Du'a to Allah (SWT) for me to guide this non-believer, and I "let the games begin". I feel a sense of comfort after I win these debates (Alhamdulillah, I haven't seemed to have lost one! The person I'm debating always leaves/doesn't answer back). I know that debating has no place in Islam, but, to be honest, I LOVE shaking someone's belief so much that they'll have no choice to come to Islam after a week of crying. Astaghfirullah.

I always talk with an Atheist friend about Christianity and we always share arguments (usually during Algebra Class).

What is this? Is this Shaytaan? I'm an early teenager yet I win debates against people up to 30 years of age; and they never know my age. If I told them, they wouldn't believe me! What is up with this? My intelligence in all levels of intelligence are average/a little above average and yet, in Spiritual Intelligence, I would have an I.Q. of 200!

I'm sorry for my little rant, but these questions have been bothering me forever. I started my spiritual journey at the age of 8! I could debate a person about my religion (back then Christianity) and win, at the age of 11! This is really beginning to freak me out, to be honest...

I began learning about Islam with this one question to a substitute teacher in September of 2001: "Who is the god of Islam?". The answer was: "Muhammad". I got angry at this, and I felt the same feeling as I felt now, except with Islam. I felt that I should rip the Muslim's faith to pieces and convert the whole world to Christianity. Now it's the same, except replace "Muslim's" with "Christian's" and "Christianity" with "Islam". Is this zeal for my religion from Allah, or Shaytaan?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

my advice little brother is to try not to read or go to websites that say bad things about Islam or Muslims. They are ignorant of Islam, they are unwilling to listen to what Muslims have to say. Instead, they just hate.

It is best we spend our time learning about Islam. There is much much to do.

Also, I suggest that you study hard in school, and inshaAllah you can study Islam abroad with proper Scholars, so that you can make the full use of the intelligence that Allah has given you, inshaAllah. You can go to the universities in Makkah and Madinah or Yemen to try and study.

For knowledge of Islam, is not got until you sit at the feet of the Ulema'.

Wasalam

faiz_fauzi

It is good to get angry when someone insult ALLAH and his messenger.It is good to get angry when someone is destroying,raping,ripping us apart and make fun of us.But all that matters is the intention.Are u feeling angry for HIM and nothing but HIM.Not because of everyone is angry so u should be angry to?Huh?

Bout the debate?Hmm?Maybe it is a gift from ALLAH to you.Someone is good in debating but anyway all the matters is the intention.R u debating because u want the truth to be revealed other words WIN.R ur intention to get people intention to make they realize that they were wrong?Or u just want people to know that u r a good debater and always WIN.and want people to give credit to you because u beat a 30 year old guy and u a lot younger than him.So all that matters is the intention.If ur attention is for ALLAH u will be rewarded but if not He will always forgive u when u ask for forgiveness.Word of wisdom if u speak for the truth is from ALLAH not from the devil.

Allah Knows best!!

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Wa alaykum salam,

my advice little brother is to try not to read or go to websites that say bad things about Islam or Muslims. They are ignorant of Islam, they are unwilling to listen to what Muslims have to say. Instead, they just hate.

It is best we spend our time learning about Islam. There is much much to do.

Also, I suggest that you study hard in school, and inshaAllah you can study Islam abroad with proper Scholars, so that you can make the full use of the intelligence that Allah has given you, inshaAllah. You can go to the universities in Makkah and Madinah or Yemen to try and study.

For knowledge of Islam, is not got until you sit at the feet of the Ulema'.

Wasalam

Wa alaykum salaam
JazakAllahu Khair for your post. You're right: Knowledge about this beautiful religion is best learned for the 'Ulema'.

I will (Insha'Allah) put into effect what you have posted. May Allah bless you. Ameen.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
It is good to get angry when someone insult ALLAH and his messenger.It is good to get angry when someone is destroying,raping,ripping us apart and make fun of us.But all that matters is the intention.Are u feeling angry for HIM and nothing but HIM.Not because of everyone is angry so u should be angry to?Huh?

Bout the debate?Hmm?Maybe it is a gift from ALLAH to you.Someone is good in debating but anyway all the matters is the intention.R u debating because u want the truth to be revealed other words WIN.R ur intention to get people intention to make they realize that they were wrong?Or u just want people to know that u r a good debater and always WIN.and want people to give credit to you because u beat a 30 year old guy and u a lot younger than him.So all that matters is the intention.If ur attention is for ALLAH u will be rewarded but if not He will always forgive u when u ask for forgiveness.Word of wisdom if u speak for the truth is from ALLAH not from the devil.

Allah Knows best!!

Assalamu Alaykum
You are right: intention is what really matters. When I get angry, I don't think at all, to be honest. I don't know why I'm getting angry. When I debate, sometimes it's to reveal the truth, sometimes I do it so that everyone knows I can debate, and sometimes I do it just to make someone cry and to release all my anger from the day (Astaghfirullah).

ripefig

:salam2:

I know how you feel. I felt this way many times. The best way is to fight this feeling is to acknowledge that everything is in the hands of Allah most high. Nothing happens without his permission (good or bad). Seek refuge with Allah from shaitan when you are angry. Last week I saw a sister whom I had known for some years throw out her Hijab. I really wanted to confront her, but I had to gather my thoughts first. What would have been anger is extreme sorrow. I know her father was a principal of an Islamic school so she must know better. I think I will leave it up to her family because I know they have the knowledge. Whom Allah guides, none could lead astray, and those whom he leaves to stray, none can guide them. Let us channel our energy to pray for the guidance of all our Bros/Sis including ourselves.:jazaak:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah

I know how you feel. I felt this way many times. The best way is to fight this feeling is to acknowledge that everything is in the hands of Allah most high. Nothing happens without his permission (good or bad). Seek refuge with Allah from shaitan when you are angry. Last week I saw a sister whom I had known for some years throw out her Hijab. I really wanted to confront her, but I had to gather my thoughts first. What would have been anger is extreme sorrow. I know her father was a principal of an Islamic school so she must know better. I think I will leave it up to her family because I know they have the knowledge. Whom Allah guides, none could lead astray, and those whom he leaves to stray, none can guide them. Let us channel our energy to pray for the guidance of all our Bros/Sis including ourselves.:jazaak:

Wa alaykum salaam
Alhamdulillah that you have control over your anger. Your advice is great, and I wish I had (in the past) had as much control over my anger as you do.

rizzumd

Your brother
Anger is common emotion of humanbeing. But 2 much anger is not good for health as well. When I get anger I say 'Aoozu billahi minashaytan nirrajeem'.
MashaAllah, my anger disappears so of sudden..
:wasalam:

Aziza

Asalamu Alaikum brother (or sister),

I understand how you feel. A little before I became a Muslima and after I took Shahadah, I used to get soo angry whenever I found out former Muslim brother or sister convert to another religion. To me, it was worse than a slap in the face

One day, I came across someone who converted to Christianity. He was from Uzbekistan and unfortunately he was not guided (although it's not too late) to Islam. The reason I was angry about his situation was-I know in Uzbekistan, the goverment suppresses any practicing Muslims (in the land of Al Bukhari). And so with this person I met, I realized it's so useless to get worked up. One day, we were discussing and I got so angry at him. He was shocked, and I felt really bad. I could have been a scholar of Islam at Oxford, or the best hafiz in the world, I learned no matter how much you want to show them the Deen, they will not accept it, unless Allah Ta'ala decides their hearts will open.

And yes, I'm glad you have this fire in your heart to show Islam to others. I wish others could be as passionate as you but remember something-do not confuse this fire in your heart with the fire of Shaytaan. He will make your patience run short and your blood boil if you feel you didn't get your point across to someone. Please, remember these people probably never saw or spoke to a Muslim before. So, you are their window of Islam to THEM-whatever you do or say, they will REMEMBER.

Just remember one thing: A blind person cannot see visually. But the ones who cannot see are those whose hearts are blind.

And patience. Patience. Patience. Patience.

albinsaid09

If you are angry, you sit down on a chair. If you are still angry , you lie down. The best solution is taking wudu. Extinguish the fire with water.

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

I think all of us have felt or still feels the same way whenever we hear or read something telling lies or bad things about Islam. That's all natural ofcourse so do not be bothered by that brother. You just have to avoid those people or write ups that antagonizes our religion. Because if you keep on getting angry, medically that's bad for your health, the anger wold build up and May Allaah swt forbid, it might cause you heart failure or worse.

Those apostates, they were never really Muslims in the first place I think. Because I have not heard of any practicing Muslim that left Islam. They were just Muslims by name/ethnicity or because their parents were Muslims. So don't get angry. We still have tons to be proud of like the priests/preachers embracing Islam. Who knows Bush and the Pope might become a Muslim Insha Allaah ;) :tti_sister:

yusuf

Asalam Alaikum (peace be upon you)

Wow Brother Im in the same setuation like u ,
At work NOmather how much i tell them (debate) at the end they r acting like they cant understand any english :eek: THAT REALLY MAKES ME ANGRY
or when they say oh ALLAH the God of muslims IM LIKE HELLO THE CHRISTIAN ARABS IN ARABIA CALL GOD ALLAH what is wrong with u ppl
but still they ignore it

Or when they take tekts out of contects from Holy Quran and say wow look at ur ALLAH

Jesus is the loving god WOW then my blood starts to boil

i say one JESUS CHRIST NEVER CLAIMED DEVINITY
HE NEVER SAID IM GOD WORSHIP ME i said if its in the bible i will get babtised right now in a swimming pool or something what ever is near :SMILY45:

Then they say NO its about faith bla bla bla THEN I SAY OH BECAUSE IN ISLAM WE HAVE BOTH FAITH AND PROOF we dont just believe ever TOM DICK AND HARRY :SMILY346:

And then they change the subject into
yes but ALLAH is not mercyfull he makes difference between male and female

then i quote this verse of the bible :
Deutronomy Chapter 25 verse 11/12

When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and puteth fort her hand, and taketh him by the secrets :12) then thou shalt CUT OFF HER HAND, thine eye shall not Pity her.

And i quote many others (learned thanks to Sheikh Ahmed Deedat and Dr Zakir Naik):biggrin:

Then they say oh talk to my church i will bring u one day
ITS SOO FRUSTRATING when they do that , Because when i look at them
i feel sorry that they r soo misguided and i want to share This beautifull message but they ignore the truth Or even if they admit they say
i dont believe in any religion anymore and islam is very good but i cant
pray 5 times a day and fast and be brave MAN I WANT TO ENJOY life..
And the next week they call themselves christians
that really makes me angry!

But now i havent left anyone from work i had a debate with all of them
and ALHAMDULILLAH they had no answer !

When truth is hurled against falsehood, falsehood perishes because falsehood by its nature is bound to perish. ...

and their answer is talk to my church i went once
and was there for hours long at the end the pastor or priest or whatever he was said You go home .....i said but u havent answered my question
then he said I WILL SEND THE HOLY GHOST TO U :SMILY26:
And then i left...

But now i needed a bible anyways for having it on my side in every debate
because they always say when i quote from the bible
oh i have to look it up or no thats not in t he bible,
And im not gonna buy one :SMILY286:
So i ordered from internet FREE BIBLE :SMILY149:
But my main point was to talk to someone WHO KNOWS at my work i think most christians dont read the bible THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT WHEN I QUOTE SOME VERSES !

So with every bible i order 2 missionaries will come to my house
THIS SUNDAY 4 Pm they will come and share their message about god and gods plan for his family (astaghfirullah) thats what they said on the phone....

i cant wait to talk to them COME TO COMMON TERMS !

MAY ALLAH GUID US ALL TO THE STRAIGHT PATH !
:salah:

zaara

wa aleikum salam!

You should control yourself , even its you thinking right but doing wrong .... My country is non muslim country and 4% is muslim ... most of them is living hiden... and most of non-muslims are hate us no reason /maybe no information/... there is more difficult than USA or Europian countries... they always say very very bad words about us and don't respect us....

Brother! If they said bad words and stupid things about islam it mean they don't know about islam...So explain what do you know its very difficult but its your duty of muslims.. if they start to know they will never talking like this. So explain hardly you have tongue and can talk so talk... you are angry so you have strong use it / but don't angry i mean change power of your angry to explain standin front of them / and explain in all anti-muslim website your brothers and sisters will be with you and most important is Allah be with you , pray more ... and explain more...

Inshallah

:tti_sister:

yusuf

wa aleikum salam!

You should control yourself , even its you thinking right but doing wrong .... My country is non muslim country and 4% is muslim ... most of them is living hiden... and most of non-muslims are hate us no reason /maybe no information/... there is more difficult than USA or Europian countries... they always say very very bad words about us and don't respect us....

Brother! If they said bad words and stupid things about islam it mean they don't know about islam...So explain what do you know its very difficult but its your duty of muslims.. if they start to know they will never talking like this. So explain hardly you have tongue and can talk so talk... you are angry so you have strong use it / but don't angry i mean change power of your angry to explain standin front of them / and explain in all anti-muslim website your brothers and sisters will be with you and most important is Allah be with you , pray more ... and explain more...

Inshallah

:tti_sister:

Sisther By debating with them and comming to COMMEN TERMS as it states in the quran ,

That is explaining that is reasoning with them Do u think u can just have a normal confersation NO U CANT they say its none of ur business or they start cursing at Allah and insulting our Beloved Prophet SAWS (astaghfirullah)
Thats why we get angry and its very good to get angry at ppl when they do that And start to debate (YOU HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO DEBATE be prepared)
like this muslim brother at work he also starts a debate but the things they say to him he has no answer on WHILE the answer is very eassy ,
then i back him up soo people must be prepared practise more and more
not that they can be stuck in the middle!

And even after when u prove that the Quran is Allah's word
then still they cover up the truth deny it (most of them) so getting angry then is natural!
And it is our duty to spread this Beautifull message , Because if we dont at the day of judgement They will say Oh noone told us about it and then we will be responsable because we had no time to do it or we were affraid to open our mouths or we were affraid that they wont be our friends ......
So brothers and sisthers STart to spread the message ITS A MUST FOR US!

When someone curses our mother we become VERY VERY ANGRY
but we love Allah more then our mother
and yet when they say merry christmass or happy new year we say it back (MOST OF US) do u know the meaning of that CONGRATZ the son of god was born or god in human form )that day or whenever we let them talk and start to explain it in a very soft way they start make it worser with their holy spirit or lord jesus and the trinity that jesus is the son and the father and the holy ghost ??:eek:
Its really confusing!
its like someone saying 2 plus 2 = 5
so we have to talk to them and prove their wrong because they r wrong!

May Allah Guide Uss All !............AMeen

zaara

Now i'm talking with everyday about 20 anti-muslim or atheists. Everyday recieve question and receive bad words from them about islam. I can't say they understand just one time talking.
Even till now maybe whole my life my family never agree i'm muslim but i'll till the end explain it and against all of non-muslims. Because they are really really wrong and they don't know about islam.
First i was very angry all the time and nearly to cry...
But it is everyday everytime everybody in my country so then i understand one thing . If i angry i spend all my power. So i use my power to explain them. Its very difficult work. But please don't stop... you're right so you can explain and change their mind!
Angry its not good. When you angry you cannot control yourself. When you angry you can't help anything so its nothing.
Surely they can't understand one time , two, three..... a lot then they can understand because Allah is true and we're right!!!
Most of anti-muslims thinking thinking muslims are terrosrist so don't show them you angry... if you show them you're angry they'll never understand, show them Islam is peace, Quran is perfect, Allah SWT is real and only one
i think you can do it! Coz you're muslim you believe only one real and complete true god and religion!

Even shitan is strong but Allah is more strong!!!!!!!!!

tell them try to read holy Quran, explain them more....

Salam! My brothers and sisters inshallah they will be understand! Try your best. If you braive and proud real muslim you should do it... never be angry its not good way and can't help anything! Understand why they like this... coz they hadn't got chance to know about Islam...

Inshallah!

(ps: if they don't want to debate, ask them about their religion and coming one wrong thing /surely can found/ then explain that thing in islam to them. When you talking try be open mind and using lot of example from their religion how to explain in Islam then they surely debate)

zaara

My sisters and parents are braive Buddist. I said them first i became muslim they nearly to kill me! They said to me its wrong and you chose very wrong and stupid way. And explain me lot of matters about Buddist. Then i reply them everytime and answer every difficult question. Also using their religion and science how is real and good religion. At the list they have no words. Even till now they can't agree but they understand little bit so not try to cross me lot also they changing mind about Islam little bit!

Then i said my friend i became muslim. Also explain they understand little bit but you know they said i want enjoy life... Pray 5 time? Not eat normal food? Why wearing hijjab? say to me terrible... and lot of stupid things...

But i think first they can't became muslim but important is change their mind about islam!

Inshallah

yusuf

Asalam Alaikum (peace be upon you)

Very true sisther may Allah swt Bless you and guide ur family and Guide uss all! Ameen

to be honest Only at the beginning i got angry and they could see my anger
but now as time passes by i learn more and more about this Beautifull Perfect religion islam and i learn from my mistakes ONLY NOW i get very very angry but from heart only i dont show!
Alhamdulillah im happy about that i can control it a litle bit (not always):biggrin:

But the more i talk to them the more i learn myself about what kind of examples to give and how to start the confersation in a good way! :jumpclap:

But without making a start we will never come far
my friend says he wants to wait untill he can talk like Sheikh Ahmed Deedat and Dr zakir Naik , I said to him that time will never come u have to make a start first LIKE THEY DO(missionaries) GOING DOOR TO DOOR HELLO WE WANT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT god and son of god and his plan for his family

WHEN IT CLEARLY STATES IN THE BIBLE :
Mathew 15:24
And said (Jesus), I am not sent But unto the lost sheep of ISRAEL.

Or

Mathew 2:2
His title : He is king of teh jews

Matthew 15:25Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
Matthew 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.

The woman wasnt a Jew HE WAS SENT TO THE JEWS all others he called DOGS!

AND STILL THEY GO DOOR TO DOOR TELLING THAT THIS IS A MESSAGE FOR ALL MANIND in the bible it doesnt says anything about him being king of the world BUT KING OF THE JEWS And he called all other then JEWS dogs and piggs!

WELL NOW we know where they have the racism from LOL :lol:

And we mus do our best! The message of islam Is ment for ALL MANKIND!

so Brothers and sisthers make a start
Dont worrie Put all ur trust In Allah swt And u will be succesfull InshaAllah !

:)

Fahim01

Assalamu alaikum wr wb my brothers en sisters.

First of all.. The anger you are feeling... if someone insults islam or someone does someting thats haram, you will get a anry feeling in your body. This feeling is called in arabic "Ghierah" .
Its dificult to translate because it is a tippicle arabic word and hard to translate in a other language.

This "Ghierah" is importent in islam it is part of imaan.

You must have this feeling. the problem nowadays is that we moslims put that feeling away so things that allah swt has forbidden become normal for the umma because there is no feeling for shame and honor (shame and honor in name of islam, cause we canot have honor in normal situation, only honor to protect islam) so to have ghierah makes islam strong, if ghierah dissapears in us islam would be weak.

For exemple. nowadays if someone of our female relatives doesnt wear hijab. we are used to see our mother, sister aunti nice etc without a hijab and find it normal.. this is wrong, we must feel ghierah, and make clear to her that the hijab is fard 3ain

"And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah, that ye may attain Bliss." (Soerat an-noer ayah 31)

If we loose that feeling then tell me who is strong enough to tell eachother what is wrong and right??

An other common exemple is what we see nowadays that our brothers and sisters have haram relationships (before mariage)... we must feel angy "ghierah" about it so we can tell them to stop this haram activeties.

"O ye who believe! save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who flinch not (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do (precisely) what they are commanded" (soerat tahriem ayah 6)

IMPORTEND: Not all angre is ghierah, only the angre you have in case of islam (to protect islam)

so my brothers and sisters..
don't put that feeling away it's ghierah, ghierah is not from shaytaan.
Ghierah makes our imaan strong.

Solve the problem with correct d3wa

If I wrote something wrong it is because of me not allah swt

Wa alaikum salam wr wb

Fahim01

sawrwb

Asalamu alaikum wr wb

dear brothers and sisters,

First of all... that angry feeling.... It's called "Ghierah" It is an tipical arabic word and hard to translate into an other language

Ghierah is a good thing, it is even a part of imaan

people who thinks its fine that other people insult islam or thinks it is fine that theire wives walks in public places without a hijab are called "Dayyoeth".
And being a Dayyoeth is a GREAT sin.

So if you feel an angre upcoming when whoever insuts islam thats ghierah.
If you see an sister walking on the streets wearing NO hijaab and you get an angry feeling by that thats ghierah.
If you see a brother or sister having an haram relationship (before mariage) and you also get an angry feeling.. thats ghierah.

The problem nowadays is that we muslims put ghierah away.. so that thing Allah swt has forbidden become normal for us like the exemples i gave before.
how many is used to the sight of a girl and a boy walking in love on the streets while they are not married, and the sight of people walking on the streets with lack of obeing Allah swt, they disrepect allah swt with their behavior. Thats not normal!!!

So don't put that wonderfull feeling away that allah swt gave to us.. that angre is not from shaytaan.

The loose of ghierah in our umma makes us muslims weak.
Ghierah makes our imaan strong so automaticly the umma get strong inshallah.

Impotant: Not all angre is Ghierah... only the angry in case of islam (the feeling to protect islam on a right way)

"O ye who believe! save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who flinch not (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do (precisely) what they are commanded" (soerat 66 ayat 6)

Solve the problem with correct d3wa.

Wa alaikum salam wr wb