why is it so easy to make sins in Hong Kong!?

:salam2:

WHy? seriously why is it becoming so hard to cope with the daily problems im facing in Hong Kong?:girl3:

im 18 and i have been living in Hong Kong eversince.I go to catholic high school and recently(actually 2 years already) started wearing headscarf with much heated arguments with the school. people think that i wear the scarf because i am forced to!? omg!! why and who would force me to wear??

It actually started off like this.I went to umrah with my family and after seeing so many girls wearing scarfs and covered up, i felt like doing something to in hong kong,so i started wearing it. Nothing suprising, i got discriminated in school as well as outside for wearing it, but it didnt stop me from taking it off because i LOVED to see the anger at their face:) hehe. Now, :mashallah: around 20 girls or so are also wearing hijab.

This is not the only problem i have. I as well as my mother and sister wear abaya outside on street and people think that we are strange and well... disgusting too. Since, my mother wears a veil too, they think that we are some sort of "terrorists" walking on streets...

Whenever we buy anything, i mean food specifically, we have to check for all of the ingredients if they are edible, and sometimes my friends joke about me being so different than other muslims who eat everything they buy.it is really annoying!! they tease me for being so strict and religious. In, HK, the choice of food over here is sooo limited.The suppliers sometime even put the halal symbol at the food when it clearly states that the food has gelatine or something that is haram.

I was just wondering why people find HK and interesting or a nice place to live. When you walk on sreets, you will see semi-naked people. The posters and neon-signs are all the same with bad images of males and females.

Oh, and i wonder does anyone live in Hong Kong? How do you feel? so curious.

maryjo

Everyday is a struggle for you guys!!! May Allah give you patience and strength. I was just curious to know what took your family there.

Kakorot

:wasalam:

Not just in Hong Kong sis, but such problems exist everywhere. I heard Muslims even get discriminated in Muslim countries, soo..

A-believer-25

WHy? seriously why is it becoming so hard to cope with the daily problems im facing in Hong Kong?:girl3:

im 18 and i have been living in Hong Kong eversince.I go to catholic high school and recently(actually 2 years already) started wearing headscarf with much heated arguments with the school. people think that i wear the scarf because i am forced to!? omg!! why and who would force me to wear??

It actually started off like this.I went to umrah with my family and after seeing so many girls wearing scarfs and covered up, i felt like doing something to in hong kong,so i started wearing it. Nothing suprising, i got discriminated in school as well as outside for wearing it, but it didnt stop me from taking it off because i LOVED to see the anger at their face:) hehe. Now, :mashallah: around 20 girls or so are also wearing hijab.

This is not the only problem i have. I as well as my mother and sister wear abaya outside on street and people think that we are strange and well... disgusting too. Since, my mother wears a veil too, they think that we are some sort of "terrorists" walking on streets...

Whenever we buy anything, i mean food specifically, we have to check for all of the ingredients if they are edible, and sometimes my friends joke about me being so different than other muslims who eat everything they buy.it really annoying!! they tease me for being so strict and religious. In, HK, the choice of food over here is sooo limited.The suppliers sometime even put the halal symbol at the food when it clearly states that the food has gelatine or something that is haram.

I was just wondering why people find HK and interesting or a nice place to live. When you walk on sreets, you will see semi-naked people. The posters and neon-signs are all the same with bad images of males and females.

:wasalam:

May Allah (SWT) grant you and your family patience and may Allah (SWT) reward you and your family, ameen!

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Here in India where society is still largely based on a conservative platform,irrespective of religions,things have changed so rapidly that morals and ethics have just vanished within no time in middle-high and high class societies. The dressings sense is day by day touching new highs of shamelessness.

Just few days before I was sitting in the chamber of my uncle who is an ENT surgeon. A father accompanied by her daughter aged around 16+ visited my uncle for some earache problem. I was astonished to see a daughter in presence of her father dressed so vulgarly.

So what you witness in HK isn't a new phenomenon,yes it may have reached HK bit later.

Regards.

shakila4567

Whenever we buy anything, i mean food specifically, we have to check for all of the ingredients if they are edible, and sometimes my friends joke about me being so different than other muslims who eat everything they buy.it really annoying!! they tease me for being so strict and religious. In, HK, the choice of food over here is sooo limited.The suppliers sometime even put the halal symbol at the food when it clearly states that the food has gelatine or something that is haram.

Salam Sister

I am from the UK but i got married in Hong Kong as my husband was living there for 10 years at the time so I have been there twice and sister i completley understand where you are coming from to compared to England in Hong Kong you have to be really carefull with what you eat, I enjoyed the site seeing but eating out was a struggle so that part i did not like and I where hijab too and people were just staring all the time thats why now me and my family now go to Dubai for holidays, just keep with the Hijab and dont worry what anyone says take care

Hatty

Why it so easy to get rewards in HK?

Salaam sister, you are gaining a lot of rewards in HK. Every stare, every bad word or negative action coming from those people is a reward for you. Be happy and praise Allah.

septithol

Banned
Babyphat wrote:
The suppliers sometime even put the halal symbol at the food when it clearly states that the food has gelatine or something that is haram.

Babyphat, I don't know what is halal and what is haram is Islam. However, I do recall reading once about the status of gelatine as regards a Kosher, or Jewish diet. Pork is not allowed in a Jewish diet, and gelatine is made from parts of animal bodies, including pig bodies. However, apparently the ruling in the Jewish religion (according to what I read), is that gelatine has been processed so much, that it no longer has any real connection to the original pig (or other animal) therefore, is allowed for a Jew to eat.

Actually, if you think about it, if you could never eat anything that had ever had anything to do with a pig, you probably couldn't eat anything at all. All of the water, and protein and other molecules on the planet are always being recycled in nature. When people and animals die, their bodies rot into dirt, the dirt grows into plants, which then either rot themselves or are eaten by other animals. Everything you eat is made of molecules and atoms which were, at some point in the past, part of a pig, or even a dinosaur living 50 million years ago. Or any other animal you care to mention.

How much processing, or recycling through nature is necessary for something from a forbidden animal to be acceptable, probably varies for each religion. It may be that the makers of this food assume that since it is allowed for this reason for Jews, then it is also allowed for Muslims. If this is not the case, then you should get a letter and have it signed by many Muslims explaining why this is not the case, and send it to the maker of the food, and ask them to take the 'halal' symbol off of it.

booya

Assalamualaikum sister babyphat

I know there are thousands of Indonesian domestic workers in HK. MashaAllah they are mostly Muslims and they have their own da'wah and halaqas. I went about in HK on a Sunday and mashaAllah there are muslimahs in hijab everywhere. There are also Serving Islam Team which does dawah there. Maybe you can check it out. Or come to Causeway on Sunday

septithol

Banned
Another thought occurred to me about the gelatine, since the protein it is made from can come from any animal, is it possible that this particular brand of gelatine was made entirely from animals other than pigs?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Another thought occurred to me about the gelatine, since the protein it is made from can come from any animal, is it possible that this particular brand of gelatine was made entirely from animals other than pigs?

The Prophet says:

'Verily Halaal is clear, and verily Haraam is clear. And between them there are certain doubtful matters many people are unaware of, therefore, who stays away from doubtful matters he has protected his Deen (religion) and honour. And who gets involved in doubtful matters, he would fall into Haraam.' (Bukhari; Muslim)

Since she is unsure about the status, better she abstain from taking it. It regardless whether it was made from pig or chicken.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Allah swt is with us.

Assalamu'alaikum!

Masha'allah!
Sister,
All we got is to please Allah swt.

They got what they want in life
and that's their choice!

So don't bother what people think and say.

Peace be with you and your family
sister.

~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

fnsdgg.jpg

23iweo5.jpg

v8ebdi.jpg

6f7cli.jpg

i3gu3m.jpg

2qvgrkh.jpg

2hs7n1s.jpg

294oql3.jpg

2130y11.jpg

30jmzi0.jpg

[photos borrowed from sister Asja's thread.]Thanks for the sharing these beautiful images sister.

Take care,
~Wassalam