Why Islam ????

Mixedup

Salam alai kum

I want to thank you all

As you are aware I was born into a Christian family and raised not going to church other than for weddings, funerals etc. How ever when ever I attended church I always felt an inner calm and tranquility.

I have over the years learnt about many religions as I have known people of other faiths (ie) Hindus, Jehovas witness, Catholic and born again Christians. I have listened and listened to their stories and beleives etc and without the want to offend I have come away thinking yeh alright what a nutter !!! It never had any affect.

Then I met my partner 13 long years ago and for the first time I actually listened and though urmmm that makes sense. I then bought books on Islam (which I had never done on any other religion) as they did not interest me.
Now people may think my partner was a huge influence but without making him sound irrelevant he actually was not. It came from a burning desire within to seek knowledge and understanding although admittidly this has been a some what lazy hit and miss process.

Despite the fact I read stuff then go away for a while I always come back to it. I actually think my laziness to learn is key. Oh its in arabic and I cant understand the meaning is a great excuse. Oh look there are so many different interpretations of one thing (ie) My partner says one thing (probably so he benefits!!!lol) but his friends say no thats not true. This causes problems and its easier then to say you know what lets leave it then.

So I do but then that pull to look more is on me..

I love the fact that Islam is so peaceful and I actually feel loving. It offers a community that these days seems long gone. I even remember as a kid knowing all the neighbours and if someone needed something everyone would help. That has now gone in the western world as greed and I'll not help because I'm better than you has taken over. The greed for material possessions and money has destroyed everything in my opinion.

Then I collect my son from Mosque. I sit in the car as the only white women around I look into this muslim world and community and feel nothing but calm. Kids play and sisters talk to each other. brothers shake hands and laugh oh how I want to be a part of that. (who wouldn't)?

Someone is in distress my partners phone rings. He will rally around or drop everything to help. (I sulk).(Why?). I guess I'm just soooooo jelous because no one around me would do that.(except him of course).

Someone passess away everyone knows straight away its like a mobile grapevine. Everyone rallys arounds helping with arrangements and cooking and streams of people flow in and out to offer condolences and help ease the pain. How amazing is that??? No old lady would die alone and be found days/weeks later as happens amongst my birth community.

All this negetive media does not help the plight of Muslims but you no what I dont listen to it as dont a lot of people. I dont preach to work mates that say bad things I just comment that they should actually look at Islam for what it is and for what ALLAH (swt) taught then make an informed decision or simply that ignorance is not an excuse for making stupid comments.

Wow I can go on cant I. Basically what I'm saying is how can someone see anything bad in these wonderful communities of Muslims??? I see nothing but care, love and help. Ok yeh brothers argue and sisters moan (human nature)but at the end of the day they always step up to the plate and help each other.

Basically what I want you all to know is what a wonderful gift ALLAH (swt) has given you and I praise all of you on this site for the help and support you offer everyone as well as sincere guidance.

Oh and to finish I am no longer making excuses and I will not be a lazy lazy person. I am no longer mixedup thanks to you and tonight I am proud to say I am a Muslim (at long last). 13 years of thinking about it is over and you know what 13 maybe unlucky for some but not me....

Alhamdulillah

your sister

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

masha Allah! that was absolutly beautiful. you took some time and explained why islam and it was so amazing. i hopw people take time to understand islam the most beautiful religion.

:hijabi:

wasalam

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Assalaamu'Alaykum,

Masha'Allaah, that was really beautiful sister.

Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) indeed guides whom He wills.

May Allaah bestow upon you beneficial knowledge, bestow upon you and your family success in this life and the hereafter.

Ameen.

Such a wonderful thread, it bring's happiness to the heart.

Walaykum Salaam.

cmelbouzaidi

:salam2: Beautiful and straight from the heart, sister :) Many thanks for this wonderful thread, it is very nicely written :)

Also, without further delay, Congratulations on turning to Islam, the fastest growing religion in the world today :) Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!

I became Muslim 17 years ago and have never looked back, it was undoubtedly the best action I ever took, Allah is truly The Greatest :)

Your sister in Islam,

catherine iman

muthmainnah

Subhanallah....
Welcome to Islam sister....
Masha Allah, this is the most right decision you've ever made in your life by being a muslim. Alhamdulillah....
Islam is all about love and caring....that's why this made Islam the fastest growing religion in the world...! Allahu Akbar!

Imad

assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Masha Allah tabarakallah, very beautiful story. Elhamdullilah, all praise is due to Allah Who guided you to islam. Elhamdullilah

you are very welcome to the islamic community.

Take care

Wassalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

Imad

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
Allahu akbar !!

congratulations !

masha'Allah ... tonight you will go to bed with a white page .... am I jealous or what ?

welcome to Islam sister

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2:

Subhan Allah....I read the whole post in a kinda hurry...BUT lat lines brought tears in my eyes..MashAllah..Congratulations sister...and WELCOME

abdullah khan

SubahanAllah

Assalamu Alaikum Sister,
After 13 years of studying Islam you become a muslim :ma:,now you are like a new born baby.Make dua for us InshaAllah.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Allahu akbar ! Allahu akbar ! Allahu akbar !

Peace be upon you sister

What a great news indeed and what a wonderful story. This brings happiness to all of us. :SMILY288:
Whatever of mercy (i.e.of good), Allâh may grant to mankind, none can withhold it, and whatever He may withhold, none can grant it thereafter. And He is the All¬Mighty, the All¬Wise. (2)
May Allah strengthen your faith and fill your heart with happiness and peace.

You have made my day sister.

palestine

Servant of Allah
Allahu akbar! AllahuAkbar! Allahu Akbar!! oh this is so amazing. as i was reading i wasn't expecting you'd say
"i'm muslim" but you did, mashaAllah!!!

muslimah-2k8

I love the fact that Islam is so peaceful and I actually feel loving. It offers a community that these days seems long gone. I even remember as a kid knowing all the neighbours and if someone needed something everyone would help. That has now gone in the western world as greed and I'll not help because I'm better than you has taken over. The greed for material possessions and money has destroyed everything in my opinion.

Then I collect my son from Mosque. I sit in the car as the only white women around I look into this muslim world and community and feel nothing but calm. Kids play and sisters talk to each other. brothers shake hands and laugh oh how I want to be a part of that. (who wouldn't)?

Someone is in distress my partners phone rings. He will rally around or drop everything to help. (I sulk).(Why?). I guess I'm just soooooo jelous because no one around me would do that.(except him of course).

Someone passess away everyone knows straight away its like a mobile grapevine. Everyone rallys arounds helping with arrangements and cooking and streams of people flow in and out to offer condolences and help ease the pain. How amazing is that??? No old lady would die alone and be found days/weeks later as happens amongst my birth community.

:salam2: dear Jo,

:subhanallah: :subhanallah: :subhanallah:

Verily, whom Allah guides, none can misguide...

Congratulations on embracing the truth...

Welcome to the religion of peace...

May Allah reward you with Jannah...

a_stranger

:salam2:
]Dear sister your words was the most beautiful truthfull words I heard today (other than Quran for sure) ...You made my Iman(faith) florish and brought back some old feeling i tasted when Allah swt opened my heart to the truth of Islam(though i was born muslem and pray since i was very young) but never tasted the sweatness of faith untill late tweenties ...AlhamduliAllah , alhamduliAllah ... i read about other beliefs and i think that the only religion that give you sincere true faith in the creator as all his creation is telling about him is Islam. Islam teaches humanity to direct hearts to the originator sincerly and directly ...it washes the impurities in the heart step by step.

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Mashallah, that is inspiring.

It is in human nature to defend the beliefs and idealogies they are born and grown up with, untill they know better.

I was no exception till there came a time when I started thinking what if I was wrong?

So I decided to analyse my values critically and if something went against my conscience and logical thinking, I would drop it.

I didnt want to carry on defending something that I would one day find to be not worthy of following.

The result was amazing.
I became convinced that Islam was for the physical, mental and spiritual peace of an individual and the harmoney of human society.

It offered realistic and practical solutions to real problems and maintained balance.

Through this, it became evident to me how much Allah loved us and wanted us to bring him in our lives, for the sake of our own good.

I think every (born) muslim needs to learn Islam in an objective way so that it can truely become their way of life (deen) and not some kind of honour to be defended.

Those who convert to Islam in many instances are better muslims than the born ones and the reasons seem to be clear.

The reverts accept Islam after some contemplation while some born muslims may treat it with complacency.

Also, the reverts have the opportunity to look at both sides and discover the differences by first hand experience.

Islam is beautiful and humanity is in need of it, more than ever before.

Fascism and communism failed quiet a while ago and capitalism is getting on its knees amd non of them ever had the ability to fill the emptiness in peoples hearts and souls.

The message of peace, the true message of Islam has an opportunity to fill that emptiness.

The world is ready for it. They want peace, justice and universal brotherhood. And Islam can offer it.

All that is needed is for the message to be delivered in its true form by the right folks.

Those who have clear conscience and fair minds will, by the grace of Allah, accept it and will enlighten the darkness of thier lives with it.

To HIM is the return of all affairs.

Wassalamu alaikum

shichemlydia

welcome.....

salam alikoum,
alhamdoulillah who guides you to his right path, and welcome to islam and the website, feel free to ask questions, we are here to help inchae allah
salam alikoum

Mixedup

Dear All

I will make dua for your all. Without your kindnest and support I would have probably kept turning a blind eye.
I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart.
Heres to my new life

Sister Jo

farhopes

No God but Allah
Congratulations

Dear All

I will make dua for your all. Without your kindnest and support I would have probably kept turning a blind eye.
I thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart.
Heres to my new life

Sister Jo

Dear sister,:ma:

May Allah bless your new life as a Muslim, increase your faith and your love to this wounderful religion. Ameen
:tti_sister:

Kulsumfatima

Proud to be a Muslim
Assalamu alaikum
congratulation sister
we are all happy to have u among us a very hearty welcome dear sister