why not?

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

Perhaps because then so many people would be deleting thier own posts that order, continuation, and balance could not be kept in a thread.

Say perhaps you get something wrong in a thread... you get embarrassed and want to delete it, but people have already replied to it, and suddenly it's gone and nobody knows what happened or what was going on, and there are holes in every thread. And the mistake was only a simple one that could be apologized or laughed over. :redface: plenty of times i've written things I'd want to delete, but for the sake of everyone else who saw it, gave it up as no big deal.

You can always edit things out... and ask for deletion if it really is needed.

:wasalam:

ShaheedU

Extinct

:SMILY303: Yeah!!! Americans and their zeees, honestly:rolleyes:

wasalam

Hey Abdul Raheem, can we start a club or something? Against the americans rubbish attempt at speaking and writing English?

I only write this herecos no-one reads it! do you know how many yanks there are here?!

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Hey Abdul Raheem, can we start a club or something? Against the americans rubbish attempt at speaking and writing English?

I only write this herecos no-one reads it! do you know how many yanks there are here?!

Erm, too many for comfort that's for sure!:SMILY335: Thats a pretty good idea Shaheed, a kind of rehabilitation. We could give out free 'english' lessons for our Brothers and Sisters across the atlantic:biggrin:

wasalam

ShaheedU

Extinct
Erm, too many for comfort that's for sure!:SMILY335: Thats a pretty good idea Shaheed, a kind of rehabilitation. We could give out free 'english' lessons for our Brothers and Sisters across the atlantic:biggrin:

wasalam

Hahaha, until the not so dodgy mods gets to hear of it, and stops us! How many american mods are there?
Oh yeh, Mabsoots one of us and hes like the ameer of this thingy so where does that leave us now?

samiha

---------
Staff member
Thats apologised sis.;)

And on you be peace.:)

Scuze'? no no... it's APOLOGIZED !! Please get it straight.

no you may not create a Club for this purpose, rather you can make one in which you kindly ask us Americans exactly how to write and say things the cool way. :D

wasalam

too many for comfort? Sheesh, it seems every other person here is from London it seems like sometimes!! You all MUST bump into each other or something! For real, living in a tiny island like that, what MUST you all be thinking??

FREE?! We'll have you eating your words BEFORE you're DONE! Ha!

Hahaha, until the not so dodgy mods gets to hear of it, and stops us! How many american mods are there?
Oh yeh, Mabsoots one of us and hes like the ameer of this thingy so where does that leave us now?

there's no such thing as a dodgy mod! I really don't know....

Salaam,

Please do not be upset with American. We know we can't speak English.

don't give up... dude, we Americans say it right!! ;)

samiha

---------
Staff member
Salaam,

I ain't gonna give nothin up. I know what's up, Dude. Catch ya later, Inshalla.

wa alaykum salam

:lol: !!! Subhan'Allah sis! How much did it take to get that dude out?! lol... dude and man aren't encouraged words in my dictionary, but i do use them occationaly....

I think it's the other way around...

Dude, like what's up? lol... :) :) the sky... or the ceiling, take your prefrence.

Catch me? naaah..... ;)

wasalam

Jihan

wait a second... do u guys have british accents??!!!
whoah...
sorry... i was just imagining a british man with a mustache sipping tea with his pinking sticking up. but ya all are muslim so that doesn't matter.

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
Americans and the British, how delightful.... lol

When you guys come to our country it really is very fascinating

samiha

---------
Staff member
wait a second... do u guys have british accents??!!!
whoah...
sorry... i was just imagining a british man with a mustache sipping tea with his pinking sticking up. but ya all are muslim so that doesn't matter.

:lol: :lol: :lol: that’s precious!! :D :D

OH btw, me and my cousin were having a discussion, where we were debating on what the ‘real’ American dialect for the word “Ghost” was.

I said Americans pronounce it “Gost” with a kind of silent ‘h’ and a long ‘o’ right?

But she goes No… it’s “Ghost” with pronounced ‘gh’ sound and long ‘o’

I’m thinking she picked that up from her days in BD, but she denys the claim! lol… but me n’ my brothers all agree…

SO to the point – do Brits and Americans say “ghost” or “gost”??

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: that’s precious!! :D :D

OH btw, me and my cousin were having a discussion, where we were debating on what the ‘real’ American dialect for the word “Ghost” was.

I said Americans pronounce it “Gost” with a kind of silent ‘h’ and a long ‘o’ right?

But she goes No… it’s “Ghost” with pronounced ‘gh’ sound and long ‘o’

I’m thinking she picked that up from her days in BD, but she denys the claim! lol… but me n’ my brothers all agree…

SO to the point – do Brits and Americans say “ghost” or “gost”??

Erm, we say 'ghost' as in GO-st y'know rhymes with host. Anyway, that ain't too much of a big deal. The pressing issue is the 'toMAYto thing!!! What's up with that???!!!! Drives me nuts:angryblue:

wasalam

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
salam

sorry brits but i think the americans have the 'tomayto' thing right, cos...we say 'potayto' dont we....should be the same...potato/tomato...yeah?

samiha

---------
Staff member

Erm, we say 'ghost' as in GO-st y'know rhymes with host. Anyway, that ain't too much of a big deal. The pressing issue is the 'toMAYto thing!!! What's up with that???!!!! Drives me nuts:angryblue:

wasalam

SO i was right. wow, we both say it same way, except for that accent!! :)

Potayto, Potato. Nah, most Americans say Tomayto.... yep, except for fun when imitating certain peeps over an ocean... :D