:World's Largest Insect Om Nom Noms a Carrot:

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

World's Largest Insect Om Nom Noms a Carrot
12/06/2011: Source--- http://blogs.discovery.com

Serious creepy crawly craves carrots?

6a00d8341bf67c53ef015437e9a4e5970c-580wi

The world's heaviest insect ever has been discovered - munching on a large carrot no less- on Little Barrier Island, New Zealand. And by carrots we mean that this bug was big enough to munch on the ENTIRE carrot, not just itty bitty bits of the carrot.

This monstrous bug, known as a 'giant weta,' was found by renowned entomologist Mark Moffett who discovered the giant weta up a tree.

The creepy crawly cricket-like creature, which has a wing span of seven inches, is only found on Little Barrier island as the species was wiped off mainland New Zealand by rats accidentally introduced by Europeans.

After finding the female weta, Moffett fed it the carrot before putting her back where he found her.

Considered the heaviest insect in the world, this particular weta weighs the equivalent to three mice.

Crazy!?!

Regards.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

Mashallah, :ma:

it is not creepy at all for me, it is amazing like any other creature of Allah.

Shokran dear brother for this information and especially for the photo.
I really really like it.

:salam2:

DanyalSAC

I read a follow up to this article where the New Zealanders say that this particular female is considered "average" to her species. They get even bigger! Apparently they are endangered with only a couple thousand left, due to rats and mice that have been introduced to the island by white settlers. Very interesting post, thank you!

Hatty

I wonder what the evolutionist would say about this insect....

I don't really know what to say - it is just strange insect....

sachin4islam

I wonder what the evolutionist would say about this insect....

I don't really know what to say - it is just strange insect....

Assalamu Alaikum:

If any species which isn't cosmopolitan in distribution but restricted to a particular geographical area (like Kangaroo),Pro-Evolutionists claim an evidence for evolution.

Regards.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Ain't she cute. What a beautiful bug. Mashaa'Allah! I wish I had her as a pet.

JazaakAllaahu Khayraa.

P.S. She, 'cos the artical said it was a female.

dididq

no

Asalam alaikum brother,i hope and you think that the biggest animal thats not true, there is one we will meet if we are going to bad human being in this world is HARISH just think:redface: