Would you Marry a...

Would you Marry a muslim convert/revert?? BE HONEST!!

• Yes ofcourse

Votes: 235 83.6%
  • No way

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 37 13.2%

• Total voters

yasin67

No she wasnt the bride!She attended a wedding ceremony and the bride and groom were Iraqi Muslim and a revert Muslim from Denmark.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
And brother shaheer, when you say it like that, that means when someone answers "No" to the poll, it is a racial decision. And that is not the case.
I infact would prefer to marry outside my ethnicity (if but only to set an example), but would rather not marry a new convert.

:salam2:
sorry brother :) then i understood you wrong i apologize :)

and sister muslimah16 :) we were never fighting ;) we are brothers in imaan lol :) we both have different opinion we expressed it and it was based on a misunderstanding thats it hehe :) i know there is no harsh feeling inshallah :)

Btw ;) everyone loves your thread good job

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

masha ALlah nice thread, if i can YES OF COURSE but my situation is like Sister palestine.:girl3:
jazak ALlahu khayra for sharing

wasalam

q8penpals

Salam

I can't answer because I am already married to a "born" Muslim, but my husband married a convert - me!

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

wa'alaikumussalm warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Good question asked. But ummmmmmmmmmmm.........should I answer? Okey let me tell what I want. I have a special respect for my converted Muslim brothers and sisters always. What I want is a pious good Muslimah who will be a blessing for me and my whole life. Doesn't matter convert or born to Muslim family. What I want is she should be having Taqwa and Sincerity to achieve Jannah. I wish someday my dream will come true inshaAllah.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Mashallah.
This is also my answer.

although the question is so sweet ,it sounds like a proposal and it made me blush .I am a guy btw

i would like to marry specialy if the girl is facing problems in following islam,in her family,country or etc.
and we have a nice family i am sure inshallah they would understand.All they want is to see me happy and all i want is to make Allah happy.and i would love to care for someone Allah loves.and i hope we can have tranquility inshallah.---utmost belief that islam is best for us would really help. annd i think ladies should take a clue from hazrat khadija ----but there aint no one like Muhammad ,saw> we are all wannabees.we can only say -i try alhamdullillah.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

I think thats the bit everyone finds hard to accept.
Especially, in the indian society.

sorry
i couldnt make out the statement.

i am from india,
MBA last year ....and ahem planning to get married early.
idea of marriage is obviously based on islam.but i also want to work for islam and it can get lonely when u have a task like that. I mean a wife is a blessing of Allah.
so i pray i get someone like its mentioned by the prophet ,saw. hadith. and i want to be good too.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
sorry brother :) then i understood you wrong i apologize :)

and sister muslimah16 :) we were never fighting ;) we are brothers in imaan lol :) we both have different opinion we expressed it and it was based on a misunderstanding thats it hehe :) i know there is no harsh feeling inshallah :)

Btw ;) everyone loves your thread good job

Alhamdulillah i am glad everyone is enjoying this thread! :)

okay, you know when i was talking about smilies....? Yeh,... I also didnt mean an overload! :D :D :D
Gee, that is the first post i have seen with soo many smilies!
But, yeh 'thats the spirit!!'

:lol: :lol:
Just kidding akhi :)

And alhamdulilah you were not fighting......... It was a heated brother to brother converstaion should i say!! loll :)
Better to be safe than sorry eh?! :):)

I hope i have returned enough smilies too, if not then....... oh well!! :D :)

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Asalamu alaykum

masha ALlah nice thread, if i can YES OF COURSE but my situation is like Sister palestine.:girl3:
jazak ALlahu khayra for sharing

wasalam

I had to go bak and read that so sorry for late reply....

Anyway.......
..Im sorry to hear that.......May Allah make it easy for you.

Take care and keep making duaa inshaAllah.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Salam

I can't answer because I am already married to a "born" Muslim, but my husband married a convert - me!

Alhamdulillah! I ddint know you were a revert!! Wow! mashaAllah im so happy to find out. Well thats something i learned today! :)
(Be sure to post in that thread too!!)

May Allah give you barakah in your marriage, aameen

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
i would like to marry specialy if the girl is facing problems in following islam,in her family,country or etc.
and we have a nice family i am sure inshallah they would understand.All they want is to see me happy and all i want is to make Allah happy.and i would love to care for someone Allah loves.and i hope we can have tranquility inshallah.---utmost belief that islam is best for us would really help. annd i think ladies should take a clue from hazrat khadija ----but there aint no one like Muhammad ,saw> we are all wannabees.we can only say -i try alhamdullillah.[/QUOTE]

I like that line a lot! :)
Really nicely said>> Wanaabeezz!!
InshaAllah may Allah help us.

Really nice to read your answer.
May Allah grant you a Muttaqi wife inshaAllah.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
sorry
i couldnt make out the statement.

i am from india,
MBA last year ....and ahem planning to get married early.
idea of marriage is obviously based on islam.but i also want to work for islam and it can get lonely when u have a task like that. I mean a wife is a blessing of Allah.
so i pray i get someone like its mentioned by the prophet ,saw. hadith. and i want to be good too.

I meant that mostly in the indian community we have this problem that gettign married to people from our culture is better than marrying converts.
But obviously, its not the same with all indian families.

i hope i have not offened you inshaAllah :)

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
I replied yes ofcourse, but it's not that simple. It all depends on the person himself. It can also be hard simply dealing with cultural differences which will always stay present. But yes, I would mary a convert!

MashaAllah, great to here yet another positive answer!
May Allah reward you. :)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

This is kind of somewhat off but...

I wonder..the people who said *no way*?!

Why don't they explain their view?..I'm pretty sure they have an interesting perspective..one brother already clarified himself..and certainly it's worth it to stand strong for your views..

So why not explain?..I don't know about others..but I'm interested to know

:wasalam:

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Me too sister

I just want to say that there is nothing wrong in voting no, we all have our own views, and opinions are never incorrect.

So just give us some points why you say no please :)
A humble request from curious TTI members

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum
most definitely there is no reason to say no ,
well please pray everyone that i get married soon lol,
Jazak Allah Khair

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Asalam o Alykum
most definitely there is no reason to say no ,
well please pray everyone that i get married soon lol,
Jazak Allah Khair

InshaAllah, may Allah grant you the wife of your dreams..Aameen.
Make loads of duaa inshAllah.

Pray surah Mumtahina everyday.
InshAllah.

Make duaa for us aswell

Take care
May He make it easy for you.

hqudrat

i'll definately marry a convert brother why not
JazakAllah khyran sister for this question

:tti_sister:

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*

i'll definately marry a convert brother why not
JazakAllah khyran sister for this question

:tti_sister:

Aaww jazakAllah and barakAllah.

im so happy to see all the positive atitude about this.
May Allah reward you, aameen

Seaubbeathe

I'll marry a convert sister, I don't see any reason to even think about it. And won't have problem with my parents, InshAllah