Would you Marry a...

Would you Marry a muslim convert/revert?? BE HONEST!!

• Yes ofcourse

Votes: 235 83.6%
  • No way

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 37 13.2%

• Total voters

Miss Aaliyah

Assalamo alaykom,

Yes, no problems for me.

I'm a convert myself and I believe my parents would prefere a convert too (he would be weaker and easier to re-convert for them lol), even though they would probably not like my husband no matter where he is from (he will have to struggle a lot for their acceptance!).

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

I have to clarify my answer with some reservations:

1. I am already married to a Christian Woman and would love for her to convert.

2. If I were single or a widower and decided to remarry my only qualification would be compatibility and, of course, that would require that the woman be a Muslim (being a revert myself, I don't distinguish between born and revert Muslim.)

Are there different parts of Jannah for reverts? Is there different Shari'a for reverts? Do reverts pray five times a day and read Al Qur'aan daily? Do they pay Zakar, do they observe the RAMADAN FAST, do they make Hajj? And, as has been stated, most if not all of the companions of the Prophet (Salla Alayhu 'Alayhi Wa Sallem) were converts to Islam as Pre-Islamic Arabia was not a monotheist region of the world at that time.

The only differences about which I was told are the first thing I heard wasn't my parent whispering in my ear: La ilaha illa Allah; Muhammad rasul Allah and ,I can't verify it ,but, I was told that reverts are twice blessed. Every time that I typed the word convert and Islam together all types of anti-Muslim propaganda came up on the search.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam brothers and sisters in sialam
@ Frank_H_smith: you are right, theres no diff between the born and the revert atall,Inshallah
Refer Sura Waqiah:10-14.
I personally would love to marry a not yet muslim,inshallah, then revert her.
But I think this post was about to say one's opinion,like is anyone ready to marry a not yet muslim or not?
I think it wasnt about to make discrimination,inshallah.....Allah knows the best,pardon me if I have said something wrong.
Coming to final part, I never thought of that, and I realize today....yet reverts are twice blessed inshallah...I'm a born muslim,but yet I'm ready to marry a non-muslim(then revert her) as well as a revert, to justify/clarify that I dont discriminate amongths the two(muslim/revert),Inshallah.
Inshallah we'll in a same line if we are going to jannah.

Jazakallahu Khairan wa barakallahu feekum

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
As Salamu 'Alaykum,

I am fanatical about not ending a sentence in a prepositional phrase. So, when ever I use the word that in a sentence, I found if I go back and place about which I can avoid the horrible dangling participles and prepositional phrase endings. (I really don't know what a dangling participle is. I slept alot in high school as I had a full time job in a factory after school. Back then you were finger printed and given a social security card in Kindergarten as the children are now.)

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
I'm not sure,...
I think its more coplex then some people think!
cultural backgrounds play a major role in this kind of decisions.
I asked a Man already married with an american woman..he adviced me not to do such kind of crytical decisions without thinking a thousand time of it consequences...
I know there are some muslimahs wanting to immigrate from the kuffar's countries to muslims ones..
but its hard for them to integrate in a society which she was thinking a hundred percent islamic..
Allah knows best

Abdul25

Logical Believer
i will not marry ...
there are many problems ..
language , culture, cuisines, way of living, difference in thinking..

too many problems if one marries and goes back to live in his country with his parents.. i dont think she would be flexible enough to live in a totally 180 out of order society.. and furthermore those Muslim societies are not ideal or perfect..
even in some cases they are more corrupt than the non Muslim societies..

w salam..

eminbey

信得過…是我的名字
i will not marry ...
there are many problems ..
language , culture, cuisines, way of living, difference in thinking..

too many problems if one marries and goes back to live in his country with his parents.. i dont think she would be flexible enough to live in a totally 180 out of order society.. and furthermore those Muslim societies are not ideal or perfect..
even in some cases they are more corrupt than the non Muslim societies..

w salam..

I totally agree with you
in marriage,many minor problems could cause Major ones!
cultural backround,food...etc
could easily generate big problem by the enrolement of the years...
i know some palestinian man divorced with an american woman after 14 years!
I asked why ?
he said i couldn't do it anymore! I couldn't pretend hapiness....
many cultural differences!

True_Sultan

A logical believer
:salam2:

My dear brothers and sisters how are you all?
I pray inshAllah you are in the best of health.

I just wanted to ask this question,

Would you marry a Muslim convert/revert?

Eager to see your replies inshaAllah

Salam Sister,

I see no harm in marying a muslim convert/revert as they are one the same path and on the same mind thoughts as I am. As we're muslim, also by the Grace of Allah they have come to the right path, I see no harm or anything against not marying them.

Also but the choice would be determinned by if I love her, and if she loves me for who I am and for my personaility, soul and belief, and if I love her the same and if our parents agree then we the marriage shall go on. :)

Sakeena

Same here mashaAllah!! I'm a revert too and would love to marry another revert inshallah!! Reverts Rock! LOL :hijabi:

sliver

Voted yes for all the reasons listed above. I personally wouldn't see it any differently but i guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

How about that for a first post.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I never thought I would be answering this one, but I am going to marry a revert, Insha'Allah.
They revere Islam so much. It is delightful. The love of a revert for his/her faith is as refreshing as watching a toddler catch a bubble. The revert understands what life is like without the iridescent bubble.