Would you Marry a...

Would you Marry a muslim convert/revert?? BE HONEST!!

• Yes ofcourse

Votes: 235 83.6%
  • No way

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 37 13.2%

• Total voters

ShyHijabi

but are there any revert sisters looking to get married?

Salaam,

Unfortunately the answer is yes. I say unfortunately because while many of our brothers are eager to marry converts their parents usually feel differently. So when it comes down to the wire the son has to honor his parents and not cause them pain by choosing someone who they do not desire to add to their family.

There is also the problem of the Muslim men who do approach converts are not the most pious sometimes. They will "date" and such to form a bond with the female and she is usually unaware that dating is not permitted. So when she does find out and demands marriage, he balks and says his parents won't allow him to marry a convert. How do I know this? Because about every month or so a new convert comes to these boards and writes these very words.

It is a frustating thing to read these posts...I want to hunt down the males and shake him. There are happy stories of brothers approaching the new Muslimah and marrying her, but so far the "other" stories still outnumber the good ones. Sigh

Wasalaam

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

I remember once I was back home and a relative said that I'd better not marry and English woman and should marry a Kashmiri. My dad angrily objected instantly and said as long as they're Muslim it doesn't matter the slightest.

The sad thing is, some of our people do have problems with inter-racial marriage. Forget inter-racial, it tends to be inter-tribal in some places, or even worse, limited to the village! I understand perfectly that parents may prefer their own kind, perhaps due to language barriers and other factors which might make things a little easier for them. But I think it's way too far to object reverts and other nationalities in general...

ahmed3711

MashAllah very good to hear that.
Most families dont agree with the kids, you should count yourself lucky :)

i don't know why some families disagree but i think when i want to raise good kids the reverted girl will be the best choice for them.
also the born muslim sisters are very good coz they may feel angry from my words ;)

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Salam Alekum
I will definately marry a revert brother InshAllah.. There is no problema with that and also my parents would not see it as problem with it Alhamdulillah. :)

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam,

It doesnt matter to me whether he is a revert or born muslim. What matters is whether he can become an imaam in the family. That should be the most important.

Asha

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Salaam,

Unfortunately the answer is yes. I say unfortunately because while many of our brothers are eager to marry converts their parents usually feel differently. So when it comes down to the wire the son has to honor his parents and not cause them pain by choosing someone who they do not desire to add to their family.

There is also the problem of the Muslim men who do approach converts are not the most pious sometimes. They will "date" and such to form a bond with the female and she is usually unaware that dating is not permitted. So when she does find out and demands marriage, he balks and says his parents won't allow him to marry a convert. How do I know this? Because about every month or so a new convert comes to these boards and writes these very words.

It is a frustating thing to read these posts...I want to hunt down the males and shake him. There are happy stories of brothers approaching the new Muslimah and marrying her, but so far the "other" stories still outnumber the good ones. Sigh

Wasalaam

Really touching words sister,
Its true some brothers date girls and they know it is wrong and when she does demand marriage, then comes the excuses. How sad.
May Allah save us from doing such acts, aameen.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
As-salaamu `alaykum.

I remember once I was back home and a relative said that I'd better not marry and English woman and should marry a Kashmiri. My dad angrily objected instantly and said as long as they're Muslim it doesn't matter the slightest.

The sad thing is, some of our people do have problems with inter-racial marriage. Forget inter-racial, it tends to be inter-tribal in some places, or even worse, limited to the village! I understand perfectly that parents may prefer their own kind, perhaps due to language barriers and other factors which might make things a little easier for them. But I think it's way too far to object reverts and other nationalities in general...

WoOoOW mashaAllah, you are really really lucky brother that your father is so understanding. :)
JazakaAllah for posting such heart touching words.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Salam Alekum
I will definately marry a revert brother InshAllah.. There is no problema with that and also my parents would not see it as problem with it Alhamdulillah. :)

MashaAllah thats really good. And like i said in my other posts, you are really lucky, not all parenst are as understanding.

May Allah help us

ahmed3711

I think -honestly- that it's more the brothers that would not marry a convert than the sisters. Because many people before turning to islam-even I, and I am born in a muslim family but never cared much for religion until 2 years ago-did things(with men) that most muslim women/girls would not do. And even though turning to islam and showing regret for our mistakes etc. washes our sins away, many brothers have difficulty dealing with the fact that their wive would have been with another man before them. That's what I think is the reason... comments on that?

my sister as an arab person i think whatever she did (if she's born muslim or reverted ) i got not to look at it because she waked up oneday.

before maybe she was blind today she waked up so i got to look to her future with me not to her past

allah looks to her as a baby born an erase all her sins and i got to deal with her as a baby born also.

this is my point of view

salek

I already married to a convert muslim and we are a happy family than anyone inshaallah, my parents who are very religous, they are very very happy about this. If i were not married till now,definitely, i would look for a good convert muslim rather than marrying a born muslim.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Alhamdulillah yeah.. InshAllah hope u marry a revert :)

Ameen 4 ur Duaa

InshaAllah, make dua for me sister. :)

p.s>>> This does not mean convert brothers start pming me!! :angryblue::angryblue:

Anywyaz ukhti, jazakAllah for your duaa, may Allah fulfill your dreams and wishes, i love you for the sake of Allah. :)

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
I already married to a convert muslim and we are a happy family than anyone inshaallah, my parents who are very religous, they are very very happy about this. If i were not married till now,definitely, i would look for a good convert muslim rather than marrying a born muslim.

MashaAllah thats really great!
May Allah grant you barakah on your life and alwayz bless you akhi. :)
I am really happy to hear that mashaAllah

salek

thanks for your dua,may Allah bless you too

MashaAllah thats really great!
May Allah grant you barakah on your life and alwayz bless you akhi. :)
I am really happy to hear that mashaAllah

thanks sister for your dua. yes, i married with a convert muslimah and she is more than happy. i try to help her regarding everything. after i am back from office i help her doing household things like cleaning, doing the dishes, feeding the kids, cooking, teaching my wife and my kids quran and help memorising surah,we pray together etc. whatever time i have after work i try to spend with my family. even a second is important to me. she thinks that her husband is the best person in the world. i tell her all the muslims are supposed to be like that. our beloved prophet(s) had showed and taught us to follow that. May Allah accept my humble efforts to make happy a revert muslimah. i will ask all my brothers in islam to be kind to their wives and families. May Allah grant us barakah in our family life. (ameen)

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
thanks sister for your dua. yes, i married with a convert muslim girl and she is more than happy. she thinks that her husband is the best person in the world. i tell her all the muslims are supposed to be like that. our beloved prophet(s) had showed and taught us to follow that. i try to help her regarding everything. after i am back from office i help her doing household things like cleaning, doing the dishes, feeding the kids, cooking, teaching my wife and my kids quran and help memorising surah,we pray together etc. whatever time i have after work i try to spend with my family. even a second is important to me. May Allah accept my humble efforts to make happy a revert muslim girl. i will ask all my brothers in islam to be kind to their wives and families. May Allah grant us barakah in our family life. (ameen)

MashAllah how nice of u.. Such a wonderful example 4 brothers to fallow it.. May Allah reward u and ur family and grant u hapiness in this world and the hereafter :) ameen...

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
thanks sister for your dua. yes, i married with a convert muslimah and she is more than happy. i try to help her regarding everything. after i am back from office i help her doing household things like cleaning, doing the dishes, feeding the kids, cooking, teaching my wife and my kids quran and help memorising surah,we pray together etc. whatever time i have after work i try to spend with my family. even a second is important to me. she thinks that her husband is the best person in the world. i tell her all the muslims are supposed to be like that. our beloved prophet(s) had showed and taught us to follow that. May Allah accept my humble efforts to make happy a revert muslimah. i will ask all my brothers in islam to be kind to their wives and families. May Allah grant us barakah in our family life. (ameen)

MashaAllah akhi!! now THAT is what i call a responsible husband.
WoOoOoOoOW!! You really set an example for other brothers planning on getting married.
InshaAllah my future husband is like that....................make duaa for me brother.
May Allah grant you and your family Jannah. aameen

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
InshaAllah, make dua for me sister. :)

p.s>>> This does not mean convert brothers start pming me!! :angryblue::angryblue:

Anywyaz ukhti, jazakAllah for your duaa, may Allah fulfill your dreams and wishes, i love you for the sake of Allah. :)

looooooooooooooooooooooolz 4 da bro part...
Ameen wa-iyaki and 4 u tooo :)