:hearts:

lostlilly07

striving 4 Firadous
:wasalam:

Allhamdulilah

Glad your felling better sis !!!

Feel free to send me a pm if ever you need to talk

:hearts:

thanks but i can see this that I have long way toooo go...can't believe I was that quick in giving up.

To those reading...take heed to this..don't give up.

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
and I guess the sun will eventually come out me for one day.

I pray Allah blesses you all for responded so encouragely like you all did,.....

It defo will babe... keep in mind wat i said inshallah be patient ;)

and ameen to your dua.. speak soon sweety, stay strong.

ma`salaam

muharram23

Staff member
salamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Sister, just look at those that are less fortunate than you. Who have less than you, and u will be greatful. Allah mentions in many places in the quranul hakeem that whenever He s.va gives people good, people are greatful and joyfull but when Allah gives them a test, they forget about Allah s.va. Allah sva says in surah zummar;

8. When some trouble toucheth man, he crieth unto his Lord, turning to

Him in repentance: but when He bestoweth a favour upon him as from Himself, (man) doth forget what he cried and prayed for before, and he doth set up rivals unto Allah, thus misleading others from Allah.s Path. Say, "Enjoy thy blasphemy for a little while: verily thou art (one) of the Companions of the Fire!"

9. Is one who worships devoutly during the hour of the night prostrating himself or standing (in adoration), who takes heed of the Hereafter, and who places his hope in the Mercy of his Lord - (like one who does not)? Say: "Are those equal, those who know and those who do not know? It is those who are endued with understanding that receive admonition.

Take in consideration just your vision. Imagine living a life in darkness. You constanly have to have someone taking u to restroom, bedroom, school, work etc. You would constanly depend upon someone to help you out. But then you say "alhamduliillah" thanx to Allah s.va for giving me vision.
Second, how about the ability to speak, hear, walk, breath, having both arms. How about not having any disformities on ur body.

This world is a prison for the believer, just as in one hadeeth Resulullah s.va said " Ad-dunya sijnul mu'min wa jannatu kafir" This world is a prison for the believer and paradise for the disbeliever.

A believe can not do in this life whatever he pleases. He has borders set up by his Lord that he can not cross. If he does, he/she knows will get punished and if he/she doesnt, they will get rewarded. However, a diesbeliever doesnt have that. He does what ever his desires need and they do whatever it takes to fulfill them.

Test is also a sign of imaan. Allah tests you according to ur imaan. If ur imaan is small, He tests u with small things, and if you pass them, u increase in imaan. Also, if ur imaan is stronger, then the trials are also stronger. But all these trials are to clean the believer of his sins. Tests are something that Allah s.va mentions alot in the quran.

Allah azaawajal says;

And we will surely test you with some fear, hunger and shortages of property, people and produce. But give good tidings to the steadfast. Those who, when a calamity befalls them say: "We belong to Allah and to Him we return." Upon these are prayers from their Lord and mercy and these are the rightly-guided ones.}
Al-Baqarah: 155-157

We will surely test you in your wealth and in yourselves and you will hear many hurtful things from those who were given the book before you and from those who associate others with Allah. If you are steadfast and beware of Allah, that is the strongest position.}
Aal 'Imraan: 186
And He s.va says;

Every soul will taste death. And we test you with bad and with good as a trial. And unto us you will return.
Al-Anbiyaa: 35

Ibn Abbas said about this verse: "We will test you with hardship and with ease, with good health and with sickness, with wealth and with poverty, with the halaal and with the haraam, with obedience and with disobedience and with right guidance and with misguidance - in order that we may establish how you have shown gratitude (for the "good" tests) and how you have remained steadfast (in the face of the "bad" tests)." And unto us you will return - so that Allah will reward each and every soul according to their actions

The prophet s.vs said that a believer is alway thankful and he is never unsatisfied with what Allah s.va decrees on him. He loves Allah s.va because He knows that Allah sva will never do injustice. In the Quran there is a verse talking about that you might wish something and it could be bad to you, and you might hate something and it might be good for you. So, we dont know ourselves where the khair could be.

In narration of Bukhari and muslim, as narrated the the prophet s.vs said'

"There is no hardship which afflicts a Muslim but that Allah expiates with it some sin of his - even a thorn which pricks him."
Muslim and Bukhari

"How amazing is the affair of the believer! Everything which happens is good for him. And that is for no one except the believer. When he encounters good times and ease, he gives thanks and that is good for him and if he encounters hardship he is steadfast and that is good for him."
Muslim

"The analogy of the believer is like the grain crops - the wind continually beats it back and forth. And a believer continues to be afflicted with trials. And, the analogy of the munaafiq (hypocrite) is like the cedar tree - it stands firm with no motion until it is cut down."
Muslim and At-Tirmidhi

Sister, we should not be of those who are unsatisfied with ALlah s.va. If we are, then we commit a serous shirk. Just being a muslim is a big niamah from Allah s.va. We all could have been kuffar (disbelivers)but wasnt ALlah merciful enough to make us of the muslims? If we would ever try to count the mercy of ALlah, we could never do it as Allah s.va says''

And if you would try to count the favors of Allah, you would never be able to count them. Truly, Allah is Forgiving, Most Merciful.) (16:18)

"meaning that He pardons and forgives them. If He were to ask you to thank Him for all of His blessings, you would not be able to do so, and if He were to command you to do so, you would be incapable of it. If He punishes you, He is never unjust in His punishment, but He is Forgiving and Most Merciful, He forgives much and rewards for little. Ibn Jarir said: "It means that Allah is Forgiving when you fail to thank Him properly, if you repent and turn to Him in obedience, and strive to do that which pleases Him. He is Merciful to you and does not punish you if you turn to Him and repent.'' (Tafseer ibn katheer)

Finally, i encourage you sister to read the story of the tests the prophet Ajjoob (Job) went through, and it will make u happy and thank full. The stories in the quran are lessons for us as to learn and if anything happens to a beliver he'll find something in the quran solving his problems. Also, read surah wal asr.

May Allah s.va make us of the patient and the sincere. Ameen.

Allah knows best

wasalam

Muharram al bosni:SMILY139:

sal12

Salaam sis

I know loads of people have replied to u but it seems quite obvious as to why you're suffering. I was listening to a talk from yusuf estes and he said something that surprised me. He said that the Prophet (saw) said that there are 2 types of people in this world:

- The 1st one - when he prays for something Allah grants it to him and gives him/her what they want their whole life.

- The 2nd one - when they pray for something their whole life they do not get it.

This is because the 1st one is a disbeliever or a bad muslim and the 2nd one is a believer and a true muslim.

The 1st one - when he does any good deeds he gets rewarded for it in this life and not in the hereafter. When the 2nd one does good deeds, Allah has saved his rewards for the hereafter which we are all aware is much better than any reward we receive in this life.

Do u not see why u may be suffering? You may be of the 2nd type alhamdulillah. Now I'm not saying you are because that knowledge is with Allah but let me confirm what I have written above.

There is a hadith from bukhari that says something like this, "any hardship or suffering that befalls a muslim, it is an atonement for his sins even if it be the prick of a thorn." So any sins you have committed (all humans are bound to commit sins daily, dont worry), you are getting punished for it in this life rather than the hereafter so your getting forgiven as you suffer hardship because Allah doesn't want you to suffer in hell.

There's another hadith that says that those Muslims that are the best are the Prophets and then those like them and then those like them (and so on). Nobody suffered more than the Prophets.

Take the example of Prophet Ayub (AS), he was a true worshipper of Allah and a very successful businessman and he lost his 11 sons, lost his job, became poor, developed and awful disease on his skin, and became incapable of working, something like maggots were on his skin, which thereafter nobody wanted to know him because he became a nobody in the eyes of people (apart from his wife) and this was all because Allah was testing his patience and his faith. Through all of this he never made dua to Allah to help him get better or get his job back or anything like that because he trusted Allah and knew there was something good in it and that Allah knows best subhanallah! He also thanked Allah because he said to his wife it doesn't matter that I'm in this situation because I've been like this for 7 years but Allah blessed me before that for much longer when I had my job and sons so why should I complain?

You see, any hardship you suffer whether it's physical or psychological means your SINS ARE BEING FORGIVEN insha'allah so in order to be a successful slave of Allah we have to struggle and be patient throughout the struggle and have faith in Allah. It may sound like a cliche but its true. Also, in order to accept hardship and calamities just remember it's not going to last forever as it's a short life! And seek refuge in Allah from shaitaan!

May Allah give us the strength and level of patience of the Prophets and guide us all! Ameen!

(sorry for not giving the reference for the hadiths given I've just heard them from different speakers and remembered them)

unique_princess

AlQudsu tunadeena
Assalamualayk sister.
read this poem and i hope it gives you some hope(it helps me, i tend to read it when l feel all wrong)!

Allah's Plans
Some things are beyond planning.
And life doesn't always turn out as planned.
You don't plan for a broken heart.
You don't plan for an autistic child.
You don't plan for spinsterhood.
You don't plan for a lump in your breast.

You plan to be young forever.
You plan to climb the corporate ladder.
You plan to be rich and powerful.
You plan to be acclaimed and successful.
You plan to conquer the universe.
You plan to fall in love - and be loved forever.

You don't plan to be sad.
You don't plan to be hurt.
You don't plan to be broke.
You don't plan to be betrayed.
You don't plan to be alone in this world You plan to be happy.
You don't plan to be shattered .

Sometimes if you work hard enough, you can get what you want.
But MOST times,
what you want and what you get are two different things.
We, mortals, plan. But so does Allah in the heavens.
Sometimes, it is difficult to understand Allah's plans,
especially when His plans are not in consonance with ours .
Often, when He sends us crisis, we turn to Him in anger.
True, we cannot choose what Allah wishes us to carry,
but we can carry it with courage knowing that He will never abandon us,
nor send something we cannot cope with .

Sometimes, Allah breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes, He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes, He allows pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes, Allah sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes, He allows illness so we can take better care of ourselves.
And sometimes,
Allah takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything
He gave us .
Make plans, but understand that we live by Allah's grace​

(be patient, although it's hard at times, the more longer you have to wait for what you want the more reward you get.don't give up sister!)
Ma assalaama.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu sister

Wallahi, as I read through the posts of my brothers and sisters, I see that we are one family. We feel what you feel. We are in pain as you are in pain. Have you read the story in Surah Al Buruj? How the King and his soldiers killed all the believers? But does that mean that the king and his soldiers are successful? Its the believers who were successful, who accepted death rather than accepting Taghut. Surely we need to take heed from the stories mentioned in The Quran and in The Hadeeths.

Success in life is not to have pleasure in worldy matters. But it is in the hope of receiving the pleasure for eternity in The Hereafter. Dont think that if we have all the pleasures in this world, Allah Subhanahu wa Taala loves us. The Pleasures lie in Jannatul Firdaus.

I make duas for you so that Allah Subhanahu wa Taala eases your pain and suffering and increases your Eeman.

wa/salam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister you are loved. I will not tell you that you do not sound depressed. You are depressed. Please get a medical test. We do not need to know your history but your doctor needs to. We are not experts.
Feel free to PM me.

Shannonx

:salam2:
Sis now i'm not the best at giving advice especially on this but I can tell you I know exactly how you feel. It's not easy living with depression and always feeling like there's no hope no matter what you do. Hoping that death comes, I know exactly how that feels. All I can say is stay strong, stay hopeful, keep doing your 5 daily prayers and you'll make it through. I try to keep in mind that everything i'm going through is just a test, and in the end it'll all be worth it.

Everyone else gave you wonderful advice, and i'm glad you're doing atleast a little bit better. :)

*Hug*

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
salaam alaikum

I am just expressing an opinion but I am so depress and I have been for like my entire life. I try to do things in which I think I will be rewarded for like becoming a better servant, I try not to mix myself with people or things that i feel will deferred me from Allah, i try to study the quran, reading on a daily base, i fast ramadhan and make up miss days, i try to be nice to other muslims always giving salaams to other muslims when i see them on the street, i try to respect my parents, my collegues at works and people in general. I pay zakat, I will admit not regulary but i always have intentions of doing so......I make salat all of them, no not on time but if I can I do. and how has ALLAH pay me back, he has kept me living on this corrupt society. he rewards me by giving me things i don't ask for, I have ask for a husband/companion instead i get men who full of hypotcritcal BS........, i ask for peace in my life.... i get more calmity, heartache, and broken dreams and false hopes. I pray for simple things, don't ask for much

Finally i ask for advice and he gives me deaf ear

thanks alot Allah...you know salat maghrib is in but I am not sure if i will make it...whats the point Allah has already decided he will not listen to my dua's

the first thing that you have to do is be patient. that's what i'm trying to do. i'm desperately looking for a wife and have made du'a for it and nothing has happened for me. yet, i need to remain patient. but i also have to understand the will of ALLAH SWT if things don't come out as i wished.

this life is a test, either we pass or fail. i don't have everything i want in this life, yet i remain grateful for what i do have, because others are less fortunate than myself. you really need to boost your iman.

also do not wish for death. would you be ready for it? think about it, you're wishing for death, doubting ALLAH SWT, considering abandoning salah etc. if i were doing things like that, i'd want to live a very long life to avoid meeting my creator. the only one's that should be overjoyed when the angel of death comes are the pious.

sister, just remain patient. things will work out when you least expect it.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
salaam alaikum

I am just expressing an opinion but I am so depress and I have been for like my entire life. I try to do things in which I think I will be rewarded for like becoming a better servant, I try not to mix myself with people or things that i feel will deferred me from Allah, i try to study the quran, reading on a daily base, i fast ramadhan and make up miss days, i try to be nice to other muslims always giving salaams to other muslims when i see them on the street, i try to respect my parents, my collegues at works and people in general. I pay zakat, I will admit not regulary but i always have intentions of doing so......I make salat all of them, no not on time but if I can I do. and how has ALLAH pay me back, he has kept me living on this corrupt society. he rewards me by giving me things i don't ask for, I have ask for a husband/companion instead i get men who full of hypotcritcal BS........, i ask for peace in my life.... i get more calmity, heartache, and broken dreams and false hopes. I pray for simple things, don't ask for much

Finally i ask for advice and he gives me deaf ear

thanks alot Allah...you know salat maghrib is in but I am not sure if i will make it...whats the point Allah has already decided he will not listen to my dua's

:astag:
If you have a depression problem take medication! What you have said sister is very bad and a little to close to apostasy if you ask me. Do you think you will go through life without being challenged and test...no of course not. Life is full of struggles, it just depends on how you react to them.

Sauda17

:astag:
If you have a depression problem take medication! What you have said sister is very bad and a little to close to apostasy if you ask me. Do you think you will go through life without being challenged and test...no of course not. Life is full of struggles, it just depends on how you react to them.

Sister don't you think that's a bit harsh, after all everyone has a moment of weakness.

MOHAMMEDFALIQ

Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) is reported to have said: "You will be responded to as long as you are not hasty .

In Islam, to be hasty in du'a is said to be a cause of rejection of du'a. The concept of hastiness is described in the following hadith.

It was asked, "O Messenger of God?...What does it mean to be hasty?" Prophet Muhammad sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam responded "A worshipper says, 'I have prayed and prayed , and I don't yet see that it will be accepted; so he gives up hope of being answered, and leaves du'a'

Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) is reported to have said, "Make du'a to God in a state that you are certain that your du'a will be responded to, and know that God does not respond to a du'a that originates from a negligent, inattentive heart"

One reported hadith relates as follows,
Once a man said, "O God, forgive me and have mercy and have mercy on me!" This was after the man had finished two raka'ats. Prophet Muhammad sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam said, "You have been hasty, O worshipper! When you finish your prayer, then sit down and praise God with the praise that he is worthy of, and pray upon me, then state your du'a..."

May Allah guide us and bless us all and make us patient…AMIN

How do we pray upon the prophet?

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
every time i have read this post, it saddens me to know that someone has been given the haqq of islam and is on the verge of abandoning it. islam provides such great evidences for it's truth that it's almost impossible to even think of turning one's back against it.

Islam!!yay

Everyone can Benefit from this thread

And I think someone should answer MOHAMMEDFALIQs question . Im kinda wondering myself

dna1987

Muslim Guy
You know, sometimes it might just be a good idea to read the first 3 pages in a thread like this; issues all solved by last page - lostlilly is all good.
Someone should close the thread before more people add their medication after the problem has been solved. :)
Salam alaikkum.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
You know, sometimes it might just be a good idea to read the first 3 pages in a thread like this; issues all solved by last page - lostlilly is all good.
Someone should close the thread before more people add their medication after the problem has been solved. :)
Salam alaikkum.

lol....agreed

We need "Thread Closed" :SMILY209:

Status
Not open for further replies.