your favorite hadith?

najbc

:salam2:
Allah(swt) has sent Prophet(saw) as a mercy to all of the worlds.We Muslims have faith in Allah and his messenger.We love Allah and his messenger.We Muslims love every hadith of the Prophet(saw) .He(saw) was the best example for every human being in every aspects. So wat is favorite? that is a stupid ques to ask.plzz close this thread.every hadith of Prophet Muhammad(saw) is fav to us.
:wasalam:

assalam, first of all relax. of course we all love and respect the prophet hadith but there might be one hadith that speaks to everyone in their own way, a reminder of allah. maybe favoirte is not the right word. remeber you are talking to your brothers and sisters in islam. what did the prophet (saw), the best of us is he who controls is angry. you seem like smart person, find ways to tell people is soemthing not right without call what they did stupid. mashallah, nice hadiths, keep up the good work my brothers and sisters in Islam. patience is the key, so be patience with each other!

Mairo

Maryama

Yes, but it is hard to choose a favorite ONE . . . there are soooooo many :)

There is one that often comes to mind for me, I do not have the exact reference right now, when I have time to research I will find it and post it (or if someone else knows the reference & can post it).

But the story goes something like this, there was a man who came to the prophet and he was feeling overwhelmed by all of the different Islamic laws and rules & regulations. So he asked the prophet for one simple thing that he could hold on to, the thing that is the most important to recognize. And the prophet told him: to Believe in the Lord Allah Almighty, alone without partner, and to act upright, he said there are no greater commands than those.

I could not find the exact story I had referenced above, and it seems it is not possible to edit my previous entry at this point, but I wanted to at least post a reference to hadith that is similar:

On authority of Sufian bin Abdullah, may Allah be pleased with him said:

I said: "O Messenger of Allah, tell me something about Islam which I can ask of no one but you". He said:" Say:'I believe in Allah', and thereafter be upright."

Related by Muslim.

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam,

Aww it is difficult to choose a favourite hadiths because there are so many nice ones!

A love which is an expression of the sweetness of faith: “There are three things that whoever attains them will find the sweetness of faith: if Allah and His Messenger (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam)are dearer to him than anyone else; if he loves a person solely for the sake of Allah; if he would hate to return to kufr after Allah has rescued him from it, as much as he would hate be thrown into the Fire.”

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

P.S. I LOVE YOU MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS FOR THE SAKE OF ALLAH! :D :D :D

hayaat_ii

Muslimah
I also like the hadith "Islam began as something strange, and it shall return to being something strange, so give glad tidings to the strangers."

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler

The one that I always remember that had an affect on me is:

Narrated Abu Huraira (RA): I heard Allah's Messenger (s.a.w) saying: Allah would grasp the whole planet of the earth and roll it up on the Day of Resurrection and all the heavens will be in His Right Hand. Then He will say: I am King. Where are the monarchs of the earth?

Subhana'Allah I love that one. It's like YESSS the fall of the disbelievers (I mean hopefully Insha'Allah I make it to Jannah that day :SMILY288: )

Asha88

Ghurabaa
In the hadeeth of Mu’adh reported by at-Tirmidhi, the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: “Allah said: ‘Those who love one another for My glory, will have minbars of light, and the Prophets and martyrs will wish that they had the same” [hasan saheeh hadeeth]

When you love each other for the sake of Allah, you have a lot to gain! Salaam!

almanar

Seeking Allah's Love
Hadith Qudsi 34:
On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Allah the Almighty said:
O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.