Your way to Islam !!!!!share your story

Discussion in 'TurnToIslam Lounge !' started by IslamIsLight, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Al-Salam

Al-Salam Your Sister In Islam

student
    Ratings Received:
    +4 / 0
    MAsha'allah

IT's great to see that you found your way to islam at such a young age.
    salam.
  2. RabiALLAH

RabiALLAH La Ilaha Illa ALLAH

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    MashALLAH

. I mean, I didn't even realize they were muslims.

Then I finally met a muslim who,
    "brain wash" me,
    gave me the best example, through the acts and behaves.

So, we can say that Allah gave the famous "click" in my brain through this person. Alhamdulillah!
    Islam is the truth!

brothers & sisters, don't be upset if you are shy or you don't feel confident in giving da'wah by words...act! The acts speak better than the words! SubhanAllah!

Your absoluotly
    100 % right Sister
    May ALLAH be pleased with you
    your are born Muslimah , i can feel from your words
    All praised be to ALLAH , ar Rahman ar Raheem
    thanks alot for having time writing about your lovely story
    May ALLAH be pleased with you and Guide you

:hearts:
    yours
    laila
  3. RabiALLAH

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    it is never to late!!!!!!!!!!

dear Nahid
    it is never to late sister to help your father
    ask him to say Shahadah
    ask him to say truely, La elaha il ALLAH
    if he believes truly that there is not truly GOD but ALLAH ,inshallah AllAH will forgive him, ask him to do good,
    ask him to repeat Shahadah all the time, ask him to say ALLAH AKBAER,
    this will help him, inshallah

la hawla wa la quaa ella be ALLAH
    i pray ALLAH lord of Al ameen to guide him in his last days to the right path,
    la elaha il ALLAH
    Muhammad is his messenger

i love you dear sister
    may ALLAH guide you and forgive you Ameen
    yours
    laila
  4. RabiALLAH

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    MashALLAH

yea ok i was born into a Muslim family but i was never really religious until the 2nd war on Iraq started...
    so now im only 14 years old... a born Muslim.. and trying to do what i can for the world! :)

God Bless![/QUOTE]

MashALLAH little muslim sister, first of all, all praised to Allah for you recovery and safty, second and most important you are back to ALLAH , i am so happy for you,
    you are so little and still you want to do for the World,
    you are amazing
    May ALLAH grant you health and May HE swt be pleased with you
    yours
    laila

5. RabiALLAH

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    MashALLAH

MashALLAH
    borther, i am happy for you
    Why struggling still?
    your close to Beit ALLAH, Allah House!!
    May ALLAH be pleased with you

laila
  6. Anaa Muslimah

Anaa Muslimah New Member

Student
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Al salamu aleikum

:tti_sister:
    I reverted to islam about 2 years ago, I was born and raised in Brazil and my family is non practicing Catholics, and most of Brazil is. I moved to U.S about 8 years ago and started working for a muslim family, wacthing them and how they lived really touched me, so I took interest in Islam, I bought books and asked lots of questions to all muslims that I could find.
    When I read about Islam, my heart was captured, and the lifestyle was amazing to me, being that I come from a very liberal country.
    Reverting to islam was the best choice I've made in my life, I am truly happy with my decision and thankful to Allah for shinning light in my heart and bringing me to the truth, alhamdulillah.
    My family was not happy at firts, but now they've accepted my choice and even buy hijabs and long shirts for me, which means a lot to me, it really shows me that they have respect for my decision.
    That's the short version of my story!!!!!

FI amman Allah
  7. jimcate

jimcate Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    my conversion to Islam

Assamu Alaikum dear brothers and sisters--I converted to Islam 9 weeks ago today. I was raised christian and thought all my life that was the one true faith. But, observing many christians, I saw the attitude that almost anything goes. Some peope were very pious in their faith while many were lax in it. I found myself floundering from church to church, not really being satisfied with any. I was in the US Navy stationed in Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia and I would hear the Anthan 5 times every day over the many loud speakers. I also purchased about 4 prayer rugs. I remember being impressed with the way Muslims prayed. One day, I was in a used book store and I came across an english translation of The Noble Qu'ran for 5 dollars-so I purchased it and started reading out of curiousity;after a little over a month of reading, I came across a web site over the internet on how to convert to Islam. I said the Shahada 9 weeks ago today, and I have felt more contentment, peace, and happiness than I ever felt before in my whole life. My wife is very upset with me over this but I try to live a humble,muslim life before her so one day she may see the light of Islam. That is my story,
    Insha Allah,
    jim cate:salah:
  8. Mairo

Mairo Maryama

Accounting
    Ratings Received:
    +9 / 0
    :salam2:

:ma: What a wonderful story! It really is a wonderful thing to hear the Azthan 5x a day (that is something that effected me too, even before I embraced Islam), it is hard to explain to someone who has never heard it. Insha'Allah, would love to hear it daily here in the USA . . .

May Allah bless you and keep you safe, may you increase in patience and may Allah make your affairs easy for you.

Best wishes, God bless
  9. hambaAllah

hambaAllah Junior Member

retired postal and telecoms customer service agen
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    Welcome on board, Brother

:bismillah:
    :salam2: bro Jimcate

:allahuakbar::allahuakbar::allahuakbar:

:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206: to the Deen and TTI.
    May you find your stay here beneficial and :inshallah: increases your eeman and knowledge.
    :salah::tti_sister: May Allah AlMighty makes it easy for you and :inshallah: guides your wife to the deen too. Ameen Ya Rabbal Alameen.

:wasalam::hijabi:
  10. syahidah2112

syahidah2112 wanna be shalehah

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Great!!! I like this thread so much. I can catch up the spirit of being muslim. masha Allah.

FYI I was born as muslim because my parents are muslim. But, I think my family dont have an enough understanding of Islam. They only know that Islam is doing syahadah, shalat, fasting in Ramadhan month, zakat, hajj. They dont know that hijab is a mandatory, and some of them can not read arabic (Al Qur'an).

Alhamdulillah, my mother was realizing that she didnt want their children ignoring Islam. She really wanted to make her children know Islam better. Then, my parents registered me to an Islamic school when I was in elementary sch.

Actually, until I was 18 years old, I was not really interested in thinking of life and religion. But I convinced that Islam is the truth.
    Then, It was the first year I was in university, I started to think seriously about life. Since that time, I learnt Islam seriously. I thought what happened around me, what happened in this world, I saw what mentioned in Qur'an and thinking of it, and thought of what I have to do in my life.

I realize that no doubt in Islam. Islam is the truth :)

Wassalamualaikum

syahidah2112
  11. Sakeena
    Sweettooth

Sakeena Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0
    My reversion story

Asalam alaikum sisters,

I reverted almost 4 years ago when I was 15 years old Alhamdulilah! I became interested in Islam after I studied many cultures andto each a religion or belief belongs to. I studied India, and most of Asia and parts of Africa and Europe, too.

I am from a Christian family, I was never practising the religion, as some young people choose to get into the Bible, I wasn't at all interested in reading it or attending church services.

I so wanted to belong to a good religion that made sense to me and gave me a sense of peace inshallah. Like many people, I wanted to know more about the wolrd I live in and more about myself and what I wanted in life.

In Middle school, I met a wonderful sister, who soon became my dear friend. At the time I didn't know that she would become my sister in Islam or in anything. She was from Pakistan, raised in a Muslim family. She wasvery nice and befriended me.

She told me about her time in Pakistan, the story about Ali and Fatima, Eid-ul-Fitr, Ramadan, and the beloved Prophet (SAW).I didn't like it that much but I did later. In High school Hina and I separated, we both went to different high schools and it was hard t see and even talk. I called her of course and I asked her about Islam. "I don't like Christianity, Islam is very interesting. Tell me more, please." I said to Hina.

"Islam is the religion of mankind. There is no god but Allah (God in Arabic) and Muhammad (SAW) is His Messenger. Jesus (pbuh) is not the Son of God. He is a prophet sent by Allah (SWT) for the same messege that He sent Muhammad (SAW). Allah (SWT) is Forgiving and Merciful God."

I was so astonished! It made so much sense to me! No other religion has ever made sense. I thought to myself and asked: "How can God have a son? Why would God need to kill His son to save me? I'm not perfect...For example if I get an F on my report card, is it my fault or will Jesus take the fall for me? Afterall, he did die for my sins??

This is crazy! What is the Holy Ghost and Jesus have to do with worshipping God? What about the Ten Commandmets?

1. Have no other gods.
    2. Have no idols.
    3. Honor God's name.
    4. Honor the Sabbath day.
    5. Honor your parents.
    6. Do not murder.
    7. Do not commit adultery.
    8. Do not steal.
    9. Do not perjure yourself.
    10. Do not covet.

Christians worship statues and imagesof bioth Jesus and his mother Maryam. Did God not command us to worship no other gods than Him Alone?! Sigh...

Islam is the light of our dark world. Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Universe.
    Islam is the truth and people can ignore it, reject it, but it will always haunt them even after they enter their grave!

I decided to become a Muslim in September of 2005 and I said Shahadah with the help of my dear friend Hina over the phone. Masha'Allah. On Seoptember 27 2005 I said Shahadah and kept my reversion a secret from my family.

My family, my mother was strictly opposed to the idea and she claimed it is just a phase of rebellion that I am going through. I am a Muslim and I serve Allah (alone) and Muhammad (saw) is my Prophet! I ignore their threats, their rude comments, their opinion about 9/11 and terrorism and the oppression of Muslim women.

I truly love Hijab. I feel so happy and protected in Hijab. Maybe I may wear Niqab inshallah.

Am I oppressed? No! I am free! No one put a gun to my head to be Muslim; it is my own choice. I am not brainwashed. I have a mind of my own. I think freely, I CHOSE ISLAM MYSELF! Alhamdulilah!

When I first read the Qur'an, I fell in love with it masha'Allah. I knew it was so beautiful in my heart and I can't explain the beauty of it. So elaborate in a unique poetic style. I read Al-Fatihah.

In the Name of Allah Most Gracious, Most Mercful,

Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Universe,

Most Gracious, Most Merciful,

Master of the Day of Jugement!

You do we worship and You do we turn for help,

Keep us on the Straight Path, The Path of those whom You have bestowed Your Grace,

Not those whom incur Your wrath nor those who go astray.

Ameen!

My family never accepted me as a Muslim and I don't really care much anymore.I know that Allah (ST) loves me and I can depend on Him to help me and support me always. Allahu Akbar!!

Thanks,

May Allah (SWT) bless us all and guide us all to the straight path, ameen!

salam alaikum.

Sakeena

Never expect things to happen, struggle and make them happen. Never expect yourself to be given a good value, create a value of your own.
  12. Sakeena
    Sweettooth

Sakeena Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0
    My reversion story

Asalam alaikum sisters,

Yeah, so that's my story. Anyone else want to share inshallah?

salam alaikum.

Sakeena

Never expect things to happen, struggle and make them happen. Never expect yourself to be given a good value, create a value of your own.
  13. Sakeena
    Sweettooth

Sakeena Junior Member

Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0
    ALLAHU AKBAR!

Asalam aalaikum,

This is a beautiful thread, masha'Allah. I have finally posted my story on here lol. I still have a lot more to write. I can say that I learned a lo more about Islam on the internet, too. It's great to be Muslimah, masha'Allah.

take care,

peace and love,

~Sakeena :SMILY252:
  14. ummsami89
    Cheerful

ummsami89 Junior Member

retail associate at Macys
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    american muslim comedian

Salam aliakum brothers and sisters. There was a young american muslim brother, who had a video here from youtube about Ramadan, fasting, being muslim,etc. He was very funny but very relevant. Does anyone know who I am talkin about? please help inshallah.
    Sister Jamie, aka ummsami89
  15. xSharingan01x

xSharingan01x TraVeLer

Student
    Home page:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    May Allah bless you brother. Your story is very inspiring, and it is a story I can relate too. I too walked the same path and in a sense still struggling to deviate from the path of temptation and weakness.
  16. xSharingan01x

xSharingan01x TraVeLer

Student
    Home page:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    Very inspiring story, and thank you so much for sharing! May Allah bless your father and bring him closer to himself. May Allah bless and guide you.
    I do hope that your father becomes a practicing Muslim again. Even with all his fault, from what you told me, it seems though he also has a very good side. I hope he is not too harsh on himself and use that as a reason not to turn back to Islam. "It's too late for me" is not true, it's never too late for anyone, when some one truly repents and sincerely express his/her desire for forgiveness and mercy Allah is forever willing :D There is no limit to his mercy and bounty.

God bless you sister
  17. xSharingan01x

xSharingan01x TraVeLer

Student
    Home page:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0
    Wow, your story is very courageous, saddening, and triumphant. May Allah bless your life, and hopefully with a nice "Muslima" as you put it, amongst other things :D
  18. tikoiusb

tikoiusb New Member

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Be stronger.

Assalaamualaikum.
    Dear,
    my brother and my sister.
    May Allah give always hidayah to all of us. Give guidence how all muslim in world could be together together.
    Don't be scare because Allah always with us. When we remember Allah then Allah will remember us.
    All the story very motivated.
    Straight our way going to Allah,the only truth path.

wassalam.:)
  19. leon

leon Junior Member

work in Iraq
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    hi all..

as i have stated before........westerner working in Iraq..........fasinated by its people , religion and pureness....

since 2006 used to ask an employee and local national , at same company questions about Islam......she gave me the english version of the Qu'ran......and started to educate me........Alhumdillah........

70% of all our conversations since then took place via online regarding Islam.........we were not from same department and is very difficult to talk in the open due to the circumstances in Iraq ..

thanks to her unselfish time spent in teaching me about Islam.......two people from different worlds and different religions..... i converted.........Alhumdillah..

i still up to now ask her questions and get my teachings from her online regarding Islam.......although she is miles away now..

P.S...we were married last month...........Alhumdillah
  20. faith86

faith86 New Member

student at college.
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0
    Assalamu alaykum.

Masha Allah sisters and brothers.Alhamdu li allah , Allah shows us the light . May Allah the Almighty,help you and us to invest our lives ,our time,our money ,our relashionships solely for his pleasure,and may he make it a wealth of salvation for us when we will need it the most,in the afterlife.
    Ameen ya rab. never submit to satan.ameen.
    salam.