Your way to Islam !!!!!share your story

Baby Steps

Why when I read the Holy Qur'an does my heart soar? Can Divine truth be embedded in mere words?

Why do I feel drawn to listen to recitiations of the Qur'an on internet radio in a language I do not understand? Can the Divine call be embedded in the mystical rhythms of the Arabic language?

Why after so many years, and so many searches am I finding contentment and peace in this submission to God?

Will I have the courage to see it through? I wander through the spiritual desert thirstsy and continually dissatisfied. Will I find rest?

curious89

I visited Dubai last year and was curious about Arabic because everything was written in Arabic and it looked totally different to English. After studying about Arabic, I stumbled upon Islam. I told a close friend of mine that I was interested in Islam and she said we would talk about it (the whole Dubai) thing when I arrived back home (I went to Australia for a month).

We talked and she took me to the mosque to meet more sisters, everyone was so supportive and the more knowledge I got the more curious I became. Then Ramadan came it was a whole new experience to me, I tried to fast and suceeded on a few occassions but it was a struggle because I wasn't used to it plus I became lazy and weak. I spent the whole night of Laylat al-Qadr praying at the mosque, afterwards I had a feeling of inner peace and feeling of being content. I always had the feeling after praying/being at the mosque.

My research/learning about Islam kept going on and then I started to lapse into haraam things but the research/learning still kept going on. I set myself a deadline of New Year to decide whether to take my shahadah or not because I believed that Islam was the right way and I didn't deny anything that I had learnt, it all made sense. I didn't take my shahadah on New Year, something prevented me from taking it. I think I was scared of doing haraam things after I converted but I started to pray a lot more and my research/learning still kept going on.

Then one night after thinking about the past couple of months and everything that I had been through I started crying and knew I had to take my shahadah so I set a date to myself (4th April 2008) and I said my shahadah and become a Muslim alhumdillah. And here I am now a week later with help from my sisters and brother in Islam and all the knowledge I've received.... a Muslim alhumdillah. :blackhijab:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
I visited Dubai last year and was curious about Arabic because everything was written in Arabic and it looked totally different to English. After studying about Arabic, I stumbled upon Islam. I told a close friend of mine that I was interested in Islam and she said we would talk about it (the whole Dubai) thing when I arrived back home (I went to Australia for a month).

We talked and she took me to the mosque to meet more sisters, everyone was so supportive and the more knowledge I got the more curious I became. Then Ramadan came it was a whole new experience to me, I tried to fast and suceeded on a few occassions but it was a struggle because I wasn't used to it plus I became lazy and weak. I spent the whole night of Laylat al-Qadr praying at the mosque, afterwards I had a feeling of inner peace and feeling of being content. I always had the feeling after praying/being at the mosque.

My research/learning about Islam kept going on and then I started to lapse into haraam things but the research/learning still kept going on. I set myself a deadline of New Year to decide whether to take my shahadah or not because I believed that Islam was the right way and I didn't deny anything that I had learnt, it all made sense. I didn't take my shahadah on New Year, something prevented me from taking it. I think I was scared of doing haraam things after I converted but I started to pray a lot more and my research/learning still kept going on.

Then one night after thinking about the past couple of months and everything that I had been through I started crying and knew I had to take my shahadah so I set a date to myself (4th April 2008) and I said my shahadah and become a Muslim alhumdillah. And here I am now a week later with help from my sisters and brother in Islam and all the knowledge I've received.... a Muslim alhumdillah. :blackhijab:

salam aleikum
welcome to the site dear sister and welcome to Islam :hearts:

waaliekum salam

Mairo

Maryama
Asalam alaikum sisters,

I reverted almost 4 years ago when I was 15 years old Alhamdulilah! I became interested in Islam after I studied many cultures andto each a religion or belief belongs to. I studied India, and most of Asia and parts of Africa and Europe, too.

I am from a Christian family, I was never practising the religion, as some young people choose to get into the Bible, I wasn't at all interested in reading it or attending church services.

I so wanted to belong to a good religion that made sense to me and gave me a sense of peace inshallah. Like many people, I wanted to know more about the wolrd I live in and more about myself and what I wanted in life.

In Middle school, I met a wonderful sister, who soon became my dear friend. At the time I didn't know that she would become my sister in Islam or in anything. She was from Pakistan, raised in a Muslim family. She wasvery nice and befriended me.

She told me about her time in Pakistan, the story about Ali and Fatima, Eid-ul-Fitr, Ramadan, and the beloved Prophet (SAW).I didn't like it that much but I did later. In High school Hina and I separated, we both went to different high schools and it was hard t see and even talk. I called her of course and I asked her about Islam. "I don't like Christianity, Islam is very interesting. Tell me more, please." I said to Hina.

"Islam is the religion of mankind. There is no god but Allah (God in Arabic) and Muhammad (SAW) is His Messenger. Jesus (pbuh) is not the Son of God. He is a prophet sent by Allah (SWT) for the same messege that He sent Muhammad (SAW). Allah (SWT) is Forgiving and Merciful God."

I was so astonished! It made so much sense to me! No other religion has ever made sense. I thought to myself and asked: "How can God have a son? Why would God need to kill His son to save me? I'm not perfect...For example if I get an F on my report card, is it my fault or will Jesus take the fall for me? Afterall, he did die for my sins??

This is crazy! What is the Holy Ghost and Jesus have to do with worshipping God? What about the Ten Commandmets?

1. Have no other gods.
2. Have no idols.
3. Honor God's name.
4. Honor the Sabbath day.
5. Honor your parents.
6. Do not murder.
7. Do not commit adultery.
8. Do not steal.
9. Do not perjure yourself.
10. Do not covet.

Christians worship statues and imagesof bioth Jesus and his mother Maryam. Did God not command us to worship no other gods than Him Alone?! Sigh...

Islam is the light of our dark world. Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Universe.
Islam is the truth and people can ignore it, reject it, but it will always haunt them even after they enter their grave!

I decided to become a Muslim in September of 2005 and I said Shahadah with the help of my dear friend Hina over the phone. Masha'Allah. On Seoptember 27 2005 I said Shahadah and kept my reversion a secret from my family.

My family, my mother was strictly opposed to the idea and she claimed it is just a phase of rebellion that I am going through. I am a Muslim and I serve Allah (alone) and Muhammad (saw) is my Prophet! I ignore their threats, their rude comments, their opinion about 9/11 and terrorism and the oppression of Muslim women.

I truly love Hijab. I feel so happy and protected in Hijab. Maybe I may wear Niqab inshallah.

Am I oppressed? No! I am free! No one put a gun to my head to be Muslim; it is my own choice. I am not brainwashed. I have a mind of my own. I think freely, I CHOSE ISLAM MYSELF! Alhamdulilah!

When I first read the Qur'an, I fell in love with it masha'Allah. I knew it was so beautiful in my heart and I can't explain the beauty of it. So elaborate in a unique poetic style. I read Al-Fatihah.

In the Name of Allah Most Gracious, Most Mercful,

Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Universe,

Most Gracious, Most Merciful,

Master of the Day of Jugement!

You do we worship and You do we turn for help,

Keep us on the Straight Path, The Path of those whom You have bestowed Your Grace,

Not those whom incur Your wrath nor those who go astray.

Ameen!

My family never accepted me as a Muslim and I don't really care much anymore.I know that Allah (ST) loves me and I can depend on Him to help me and support me always. Allahu Akbar!!

Thanks,

May Allah (SWT) bless us all and guide us all to the straight path, ameen!

salam alaikum.

Sakeena

Never expect things to happen, struggle and make them happen. Never expect yourself to be given a good value, create a value of your own.

:ma:

Wonderful to learn of your story to Islam, sister! May Allah continue to strengthen you and may your knowledge and faith continue to grow and solidify with each passing day.

:wasalam:

A-WAHHAB

:salam2:
well...i am a muslim by chance and u ppl by choice..so i think you are great:ma:...muslim by chance dosent mean i do not practice my religion..lol..i pray five times a day..and you people plz pray for me COZ I want to do sm thing big...MAY GOD GUIDE US ALL AMEEN.

Sakeena

asalam alaikaum,

sister Mairo i miss u sooo much! awwww

awww bro ur in my duas, hmmm..... maybe u can do something awesome! I wanna do something cool, that will benefit ppl, ummm....but yeah, may Allah bless u ameen! :hijabi:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
There's no such thing as chance brother, if you're born muslim it's because the All Mighty willed it, so alhamdoulilah for you :)

alafil63

Assad the Quiet
about me

My original name is Alfonso, and im born in Milan in 1963.

My father was a former journalist, than a traveller, and literate, he translated many books, and was very familiar to the East especially India, but his sin was that fell on alcoholism, and died in 2000. My mother died many years before him, and was a nightclub girl, drug addicted.
Because this situation, i was given from the tribunal at my Grandparents: my Grandfather, a good honest man died in 1981, and i continued to live as i live now with my Grandmother, a woman of great wiseness, and very faithful (also if she is Catholic i acknowledge the great sincere faith she has).

Since my youth i was searching on God, the "priest system" of the Catholic Church not convinced me, especially in the Paul VI time, when the usual Latin tradition was outnumbered by the modernism: i spent 8 years of my life serving mass at old Jesuit in the church: these priests was much traditional and i liked them.

Then in 1990 i knew Orthodoxy, and i tried to enter in the Orthodox church as faithful, but i seen that Orthodoxes was a suspicious bunch and liked much Greeks and Eastern people (Russian Romanian and so) than me. I leaved the Old Stile Orthodox church in wich i was a first time, then i wanted try another time, but i seen the false in them, and i levaed permanently them before Xmas 2007. From this time i avoided carefully to go at church: first, because i disliked any modernism, the mass with guitars as rock concert, and second, because i disliked the actual system of the Catholic church, and had only a very moderate feeling about the more traditional Benedict XVI but no more than this.

Then, now a friend from Tunis opened a little shop of Tnisian jewels near my home: this man, young like me, was a devote faithful and told me of the true Islam, and get me as gift a copy of Qur'han (writed in italian) and a little book printed in UK but writed in italian "The Basic principles of Islam". I started to read, then under his advice i go to the local Mosque, and talked with the imam and other people.
I've seen that Islam was a true faith, and noone is higher than another: no priests, bishops, cardinals and popes, no hierarchy, and my relation with God will be with Him directly, and inever told to another man my sins for be cleansed: after all i was a very good Bible reader, and i never seen in any part of the Bible anything about confess my sins to another man, nor that Apiostles have some hierarchy at all. The Church is very different from the original, and also in the time gained shadowy secrets unrevealed and their people make many sins-e.g. for English readers: the killing of Roberto Calvi, italian bank director, at the Blackfriars Bridge in London, a thing in wich was involved the Vatican Bank and the cardinal Marcinkus.

I decided that the only way to be a true faithful, and have a real hope in a real faith, was turn to Islam, and Allah gave me this chance letting this Tunisian friend place his shop and talking to me, then, the day 8 of this month, i decided, helped because the number 8 is portrayed also as the spiritual world (the upper o) and the material world (the lower o)join together for a little line (and form the 8 number), and at evening, before Maghreb, i said my Shahada near the local imam and the brothers
"Ash hadu anla Ilaha Ilalla wa ash hadu anna Muhammad Rasul Allah"
I witness that there's only a God, Allah, and i witness that Muhammad is the Prophet of Allah

and choose for me the name Assad, because my usual positive mind.

This is the story of my turn to Islam, for all believers and those who will read this story.

Salaam

Assad

Proud_2b_Muslim

Ahmad M. Al-Marshoud
actually I was born muslim but I like reading about people converting to islam , nice stories people , jazakom Allah khayran insha`Allah

Simple1

nice stories

Inspiring story from southern muslimah and really nice fucnny story from Mrmuslim - thanks to both of them.

mymohsin

Pls mak Duwa 4 me
Salamalaykum,

Masha Allah very very glad to c how courageous and bold brothers and sisters are, they can fought with anyone for the sake of truth/Islam. Masha Allah may Allah help us in following the truth (Islam). Please make make Duwa for me, so that I can also follow, practice more and more the teaching of Islam in each and every step of my life.

Jazak Allah khaira for all Brothers and Sisters for sharing there stories and for Sister starting this thread.

Jazak Allah.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
well im a born muslim.. but i at the a young age a lady moved in next to our house, and she was very religious.
mashallah, may Allah reward her, she caused my mom to be more islamic and me too!! yepee ALHAMDULELAH!!

and since then my iman has been going up then going back down!:D:astag:

saffanah

speak good or silent
Assalamualaikum
I'm born Muslim, Alhamdulillah.
But I become 'a real' Muslimah when I was 18 years old.
It was the time when I entered the college and read a lot of islamic books, then it lead me to walk near to Allah.
Alhamdulillah Allah has guide me to this straight path.
And I pray to hold this until I die, Insha Allah.

abu'muhammad

I'm born muslim. I am strongly attached with Masjid jamaat. I try to stand more on navafils and sunnah so that helps me to be at fardh. I try to give two and half hours for meeting/visiting other islamic brothers.To let mine and theirs islaah. There is a companion respected brother Abdul Latif, I am intensely benefitted, he is doing intense tablig :ma: . may allah help him in virtue cause.

Zayna85908

Okay I already told my story but I want to tell it again! :hearts:

Growing I knew muslims lived in my town and I just didnt get involved in their life. I didnt know what Islam was.
I even tried finding out what the religion was called. I thought if christians are christian and jewish are jews then what are muslims religions called?

Growing up I had always wondered what we have to do to get to heaven and who goes? Am I doing the right thing for heaven and who do I pray to?

So I tried finding out about my familys religion who say they are christian but dont go to church. I wen once and it was quite dull, respective but I just wanted to be closer to God.

I was about to become christian but met a friend (who is now my husband alhamdulillah) who told me about his religion as he knew i wanted a religion follow so i know who to pray to and he answered all my questions! Christianity at this time of my life was out of my mind. And he told me that Jesus was just a messenger and Muhammad (pbuh) was the last messenger and gave out all the advice and things we need to do in Islam.

The night before me and my husband were going to be married and the same time i was going to convert to islam and be muslim he told me about moses and pharoah, the story of them. My husband even showed me a picture of moses and I was shocked! It was a miracle of Allah (swt).

5 months later I became muslim and 2 months afterwards I started proudly wearing hijab.

I have loved being muslim since and know i more and now i have muslims to talk on the internet aswell I am stronger!! Alhamdullilah