Zam-Zam

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Perhaps this was discussed here before.

I will not be meeting my sheikh for next two weeks. Pls let me know can we (Muslims) allow non-Muslim to drink zam-zam water?

JazakAllah khairan for your reply.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I found a Fatwa which says it is allowed since they have no daleel against it. However, I will not post it because I do not know who gave the Fatwa.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I have read a fatwa by Sh. Ibn Jibreen stating that the benefits of Zamzam water are alike for Muslims and non-Muslims..in fact..he mentioned that in the time of Jahiliyah the Quraishis were *proud* of offering drinks from the spring for all those passing through Makkah..seeking healing..and such from the waters of it...and after Islam..the companions (may allah be pleased with them)..used to take amounts of it with them for themselves and for those who need it when travelling..because they believed in the healing power of the water

Offering Zamzam water to a non-Muslim..can be one of these actions which would soften the heart of the person towards Islam...many actions are put under that category..even *charity!*..so certainly..one shouldn't attach any *exclusivity* to the water and its benefits..as Allah (swt) is the One who Permits the consequences of consuming it..and surely Allah (swt) looks upon kind and noble intentions with utmost pleasure..so that should encourage us to offer it to those who need it without hesitation :)

Also..once..I heard a story by a shaikh who is also a doctor in a lecture of his...a non-Muslim woman was brought to him with cancer reaching its last stages...doctors assigned treatments and such but no result was coming about..everyone was getting discouraged and accepted that the woman will die at one point or another..and the doctor was feeling very sad by the fact and then he suddenly remembered the hadith about the water of Zamzam..so he offered her some (luckily..they were in Saudi Arabia so it was easy)..he told her that we Muslims believe drinking this water can bring forth what we seek from it with God's permission..so drink it with the strong belief that God will heal you..the woman was a Christian so she didn't have a problem with the concept of God's Power and Might in this aspect..but she was skeptical still because it was offered by a "muslim"..but she drank it anyway..and sobhanallah..she was *cured* from cancer *completely*...nobody could believe it!!!..she *converted* to Islam immediately after..and even made Hajj..mashallah!

:wasalam:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
:salam2:

It is alowed dear brother Alhamdulillah,and I think we do not need a special Fatwa for that SubhanAllah because water is created for all creations and this water like everything belongs only to Allah subhan we teala. Allah has gave to all mainkids,to all animals and all plants.And how ever,it only belongs to Allah Almighty.:tti_sister:

:wasalam:

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
asalam o alykum wr wb
i didnt knew any fatwa or daleel on this issue but i came across a research that was on zam zam water that it contain some spacial characteristics other then normal water... that have special effects on human body,,, i m sorry i lost that link... so if it has such characteristics then we can say it can effect on all... but i must say one more thing believe matters a lot
wsalam wr wb

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Thanks everyone, now I'm more comfortable to tell Muslims here about it...most Muslims I know they are saying we are not allowed to give zam zam water to non-muslim but without giving any daleel. I think to be safe side I will e-mail to our Mufti Office.