• Business/Commerce

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 48.3%

• Total voters

Loyal Servant

~ AllahuAkbar
Asalamualaikum TTI family!
Hope you are in the best of health and eeman.

Ive opted for medicine as my career.
The main reason behind this was - I think that both men and women, if educated, have right to work. When women strive as hard as men to get educated and have better records than them, they have all rights to be independent and make the best use of the oppurtunities.When I thought about it islamically, I realised that women are the best at home.
Therefore, I then decided to choose Medicine and InshAllah become a doctor so that I can work within the islamic limits.
I agree, the atmosphere is not 100% safe, but its still better than other professional courses be it engineering, architecture or business.

I am very adamant about working, InshAllah. The main purpose is not money or time pass. I want to work for people, be more of a social activist.

I wanted to know how many of you agree with this opinion of mine? And if not, what else do u think that can be done where i can make the best use of whatever i studied And InshAllah, will study.

P.S - I also agree that there are some professions where women can work at home. But there are not many oppurtunities.

Wasalaam !

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
When I thought about it islamically, I realised that women are the best at home.

:salam2:,

right sister. its better men earn for family and women take care of home.

but yes medicine, teaching, nursing are good professions for women. but u need to study hard to be doc...okay!! :)

may Allah give u best of both the worlds.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
I dont work yet but I voted to ( medicine )

in sha'a Allah I'll be a doctor in future , at least I hope that :)

dunno

ah sorry didnt sleep for 30 hours i answered business and commerce i thought u were asking about my own profession
medicine is great but it will consume a lot of your time if you are planing to have kids
والله الموفق

Irshaad.K

If you up to the challenge do chemical engineering. The course is short, intense and plenty of females take it up.

The best part is that you'll be able to help your children with their physics and maths homework any day!

Loyal Servant

~ AllahuAkbar
Salaam.
Ooo. Chemistry freaks me out. I cant even think of chemical engineering =).
JazakAllah Khayran for ur replies brother and sisters.

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
I have done with my engineering,Aircraft Maintenance was my subject.
Ah!!! I am scared man,CHEMISTRY is a BIG MYSTERY for me haha..Plz keep me 100 yards away from it. LOL!!!

IbnAhmad

Assalamu Alykum.

Personally Sister, I feel if you have the brains then 'Go For It'! MashaAllah! May Allah SWT grant you success in both the worlds. May Allah SWT increase your knowledge and keep you steadfast. Aameen.

I voted 'other' for the simple reason, I am hoping to go in to 'teaching' InshaAllah. :D

Wassalaam.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
If you up to the challenge do chemical engineering. The course is short, intense and plenty of females take it up.

The best part is that you'll be able to help your children with their physics and maths homework any day!

:salam2:
very true indeed
lots of female have and are engaged in chemical engineering compared to other fields of engineering such as mechanical and electrical which are highly suitable for men
well chemical engineering sure is a challenging course as it requires lots of maths and of course; chemistry :)
engineering courses are basically the same - all are 4years of education for degree certificate except for computer science engineering which is only 3 and 1/2 years :)
anyways engineering wasnt my first admirable choice in pursuing my studies - at first i was interested in medicine or pharmacy but then i realised i dont "suits" much with biology subject lol
to all future doctors - best wishes to everyone
may we all become islamic engineers, islamic doctors and of course good islamic wife/husband :)
may our ummah be filled with educated and intelligent people in various fields and eventually leads to muslims Leading The World ameen
barakallahufikum :SMILY259:
:wasalam:

hana*

salamualaikum,

I am a pharmacist alhamdulilah. i was going to do medicine and almost went forward and did medicine but by the grace of Allah i stayed with pharmacy. my personal choice of pharmacy over medicine is that i think it is not suitable for a woman who will be a mother and a wife (this is my personal opinion) because of the expected regular 12 hour shifts, including regular night shifts (one week of night shifts every six weeks), which i do not think is appropriate for any woman who is a mother or wife. however i think its great that you chose a good career as you will be rewarded immensley for helping the infirm and unwell.

rightpath_357

Lol- I don't have a job yet- I'm still in less than half of my school life- if you count university lol-:D

But I WANT to become a doctor\ vet Insha'Allah:D

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa'laikum salaam ukhty

Masha'allah, nice choice of career- May Allah guide you and grant you your wish. Like brother IbnAhmed said, If you got the brains, then Go for it.

take care- you're in my du'aas, Do the same for me Insha'allah

wassalam

Kakorot

:wasalam:

I chose 'other' because inshallaah I want to be a primary school teacher. I wanted to be a children's nurse, but there is problem when it comes to the dress code, e.g. abaya and plus I would have to study medicine. So I guess doing early childhood studies is the best option for me, as I will not have to do night shifts and can work 9am-5pm. Plus, working with children reqiures a lot of patients and understanding, so I believe this career would work as a training ground for me to cope with my kids in the future Inshallaah. I think it's good that sisters do work because many Muslim men complain when their wives have to see a male GP and that there are not enough Muslim ones avaialble. Sister you seem smart, so I'd say you should go for it and may Allaah grant you success in whatever good you do.

Loyal Servant

~ AllahuAkbar
Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu !!
JazakAllah Khayran for your replies brothers and sisters.
Thank you soo much for ur inspirational words. Please do remember me in your duas and inshAllah, i shall do the same .

Take care,
Salaam.

arzafar

i dont think medicine is all that good an option for women.
Muslim women should do interior designing, fashion or something like that. they can decorate homes, design clothes etc.
Business is also a good choice if you can have your own startup. however, women in general should avoid managerial work, me thinks.
other professions are teaching and baby care.

i voted for business.

q8penpals

Salam

How come there are so few Muslims that seem really interested in becoming teachers? If there were more good, Muslim teachers, there would be more opportunities for good Muslim schools; good Muslim schools should results in more good Muslims.

I think so many people concentrate on the "top" careers of engineering and medicine (ie, also very high salary jobs) and forget that there WOULD BE NO engineers or doctors without teachers.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Salam

How come there are so few Muslims that seem really interested in becoming teachers? If there were more good, Muslim teachers, there would be more opportunities for good Muslim schools; good Muslim schools should results in more good Muslims.

I think so many people concentrate on the "top" careers of engineering and medicine (ie, also very high salary jobs) and forget that there WOULD BE NO engineers or doctors without teachers.

:salam2: dear sister
it is true that nowadays people are focusing more on the top carreers. Lots of my intelligence friends (i came from an only girls school) will definitely pursue their studies either in medicine, pharmacy or dentistry. If a parent hear about somebody's son/daughter being a doctor, they will go like "wow,thats really great etc etc"
Frankly saying teaching is one of the most noble careers. Not sure why but maybe its the culture here, they will only see pursuing in teaching career is like the last options but i fully agree with you sister that without teachers there wouldnt be many succesful people today.
eventhough i am taking engineering course right now, but only Allah knows how my heart always crave to further studies in islamic education - there's not much classes here (at my university) on islamic studies.
but when i have a thought about it, we do need doctors, engineers and other professionals who are also good muslims.
but then i realised i want to be a housewife someday so not sure if having a top career is suitable :)
sorry for being out of topic maybe
:wasalam: :SMILY259:

Kakorot

Salam

exactly :D

purefaith012

Salam..

BISMILLAH..

:salam2:

I would suggest Early Childhood Education if you have good bonding with children..it is very good as you will be learning about the early childhood as that is where the highest potential that is mostly forgotten..the study process is quite mild and suits the women nature..it will also help when you have your own children..you will insyaAllah be a good mother and give birth to good quality generations for islam..other than that InsyaALLAH you will be able to help other children with their potentials when you work as a kindergarten teacher..but honestly, when you choose this course there a other jobs related such as:
-child psychologists
-speech therapist
-parenting coach
-journalist
-social workers
-lecturer

and a lot more..but sister, this is only a suggestion..
choose the right one, follow your eman..may Allah bless you and make it easy for you..

ma'at taufeeq wan najah ( all the best and good luck)!:SMILY252: