any one who can give tafthir of this hadith?

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
:salam2: warahmathullah wabarakaath,
This hadith was eating my head for the last 4 months maybe but just i was going to ask going to ask, and today I'm asking insha ALLAH.
there is a hadith which says.
"tucking up clothes and collecting hair is forbidden DURING SALATH."..
so my question is regarding the collecting hair part,. Is this for men only of Does this include wemen tying hair back like we hijabis do??..I mean I alwasy do my prayer also with my hair tied at back, sometimes a bun at back....

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:

Are you sure this is an authentic hadith?

I think, I saw a video of a place were they had Prophet Mohammad's hair, and his sword...etc

Prosperous

asthagfirullah

Are you sure this is an authentic hadith?

I think, I saw a video of a place were they had Prophet Mohammad's hair, and his sword...etc

:salam2: I'm not talking about that. I think in this hadith the collecting hair is reffered to tying them together, that is how i always took the meaning.
anyways the place you are reffering I also have seen, they also have dresses of fathima(ra) and somethings which i do not beleive are the ones they say like the thobe of yaugoob(as) etc.

mhamzah

Said Ibn 'Abbas, "The Prophet ordered us to prostrate on seven bodily parts and not to fold back the hair or clothing: the forehead, the hands, the knees and the feet." In another wording, the Prophet said, "I have been ordered to prostrate on seven bodily parts: the forehead, and he pointed to his nose, the hands, the knees and the ends of the feet." (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.) In another narration, he said, "I have been ordered to prostrate on seven bodily parts and not to fold back the hair or clothing: the forehead, the nose, the hands, the knees and the feet." (Related by Muslim and an-Nasa'i.)

http://muttaqun.com/malehijab.html

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.php?askid=fd3dc38b80647ee114e0abfd388f5cc1

:wasalam:

Prosperous

asthagfirullah

Said Ibn 'Abbas, "The Prophet ordered us to prostrate on seven bodily parts and not to fold back the hair or clothing: the forehead, the hands, the knees and the feet." In another wording, the Prophet said, "I have been ordered to prostrate on seven bodily parts: the forehead, and he pointed to his nose, the hands, the knees and the ends of the feet." (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.) In another narration, he said, "I have been ordered to prostrate on seven bodily parts and not to fold back the hair or clothing: the forehead, the nose, the hands, the knees and the feet." (Related by Muslim and an-Nasa'i.)

http://muttaqun.com/malehijab.html

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.php?askid=fd3dc38b80647ee114e0abfd388f5cc1

:salam2: bro but this two links does not have any answer related to my question. it was about tucking clothes..you can see i clearly asked about the detailed description of "collecting hair" in prayers.

daywalker

:salam2: It seems collecting white hairs from the head and pluck it!
Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) said: Dont pluck white hair, as it is the light of a Muslim. He who grows grey as a Muslim, Allah will write for him virtue and rub off his sins and raise him in status. (Abu Dawood)
Allahu alam.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

I don't know about "the tucking clothes" part...but the collecting hair I doubt..because Rasulullah when he went on a hajj (according to what I remember from my reading) applied a natural serum of sorts to keep his hair collected and almost "glued" together because he (saaws) didn't want it to bother him..so perhaps we should check on the *authentication* of the hadith along with its tafsir?!

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
:salam2: warahmathullah wabarakaath,
This hadith was eating my head for the last 4 months maybe but just i was going to ask going to ask, and today I'm asking insha ALLAH.
"tucking up clothes and collecting hair is forbidden"..
so my question is regarding the collecting hair part,. Is this for men only of Does this include wemen tying hair back like we hijabis do??..I mean I alwasy do my prayer also with my hair tied at back, sometimes a bun at back....

i dont know .. i mean i never heard of such a hadith ....inshallah i will let you know

Prosperous

asthagfirullah

I don't know about "the tucking clothes" part...but the collecting hair I doubt..because Rasulullah when he went on a hajj (according to what I remember from my reading) applied a natural serum of sorts to keep his hair collected and almost "glued" together because he (saaws) didn't want it to bother him..so perhaps we should check on the *authentication* of the hadith along with its tafsir?!

as for authentication my beloved sis. this hadith is found in bukhar and muslim.here is the hadith.
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have been commanded to pray on seven bones and not to tuck up my hair or my clothes.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
o0o0o0oh, wow, i'm interested now! :)

Does anyone have an explanation, please?
haha, :salam2:

:salam2: here is a fatawa I found on islamqa about the hadith,..but it is still about the tucking up cloth and I'm searching up and down to find anything regarding the "collecting hair " part .but still nothing yet.
her is the fatawa about tucking up clothes.also to mention I read another fatawa which says it is forbidden for muslim brothers to fold thier trousers inorder to keep it above ankle during prayers.

Ruling on rolling up sleeves during prayer
question.
Does rolling up the sleeves count as part of the tucking up (of clothes or hair) that is not allowed during prayer? If it is part of that tucking up, then is the ruling different if I start praying with my sleeves rolled up, i.e., I did not roll them up during the prayer – or is it the same thing?

It is not permissible to roll up the sleeves or to fold them up before the prayer or during the prayer so that they will not touch the ground when doing sujood, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have been commanded to pray on seven bones and not to tuck up my hair or my clothes.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). And Allaah is the source of strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions, and grant them peace.

Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Iftaa’, 7/38

fada_all

as for authentication my beloved sis. this hadith is found in bukhar and muslim.here is the hadith.
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I have been commanded to pray on seven bones and not to tuck up my hair or my clothes.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim).

salam alikom

good answer masha allah

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
Nawawi said: The ulamah agreed that it's forbidden act to tuck up clothes, roll up sleeves or the like in salat". (Sharh as sahih Moslem 4/209).

Taken from book of sheikh Mashhoor as Salman.
....i guess this is enough for proof of authentication of the hadith... but there are no explanation of the hair part

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
wow.. I found a fatawa in which something was written about the "HAIR".. but does not clarify it about wemen in hijabs or not.
here is the fatawa
Question: I am confused about the following hadîth: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “I have been commanded to pray on seven bones and not to tuck up my hair or my clothes.” [Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim] Does this means that if our pants are covering up our ankles, we are not allowed to roll them up to open up our ankles during the prayer?

Answered by Sheikh Muhammad al-Manî`î, professor at Umm al-Qurâ University

It seems from your question that you are wearing long clothes or pants that go below ankles, which is one of the grievous sins. There is a serious warning against wearing such clothing. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Whatever falls below the ankles is in Hell.” [Sunan al-Bayhaqî]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Three, Allah, will not look at them, will not cleanse them, and they shall have a grievous chastisement.”

The Companions asked: “Who are they O Messenger of Allah? May they lose and be dishonored.”

He said: “The one who reminds others of his generosity, the one who wears clothes below his ankles, and the one who sells his commodities with false oaths.” [Sunan al-Tirmidhî]

What is mentioned in the hadîth about not to tucking up the clothes means not to fold or tuck up one’s clothes or hair at the time of prayer to avoid having these things touch the ground during prayer.

What is understood from this is to avoid any act of arrogance like disliking one’s clothes or hair to touch the ground.

And Allah knows best.

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Asalaamualaykum sister,

i've tried to look it up but so far nothing.... in any case i'd like to thank you for bringing this hadith up as i was not aware of it before, jazakillahu khayran.

Someone with more knowledge please enlighten us may Allah reward you.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

ukhti prosperous jazaki allah khair for providing me with the hadith..that helped me with my research...

I have a question though..before I go off and all...

Is the concern here whether this matter is directed at men *and* women or at men *only*???

Because I did find information regarding *this* matter..is this what the intent of the overall search is?

Prosperous

asthagfirullah

ukhti prosperous jazaki allah khair for providing me with the hadith..that helped me with my research...

I have a question though..before I go off and all...

Is the concern here whether this matter is directed at men *and* women or at men *only*???

Because I did find information regarding *this* matter..is this what the intent of the overall search is?

:salam2: sis...yes the concern is about wemen tying hair DURING PRAYERS. I forgot to mention this part in the first post but I was actually refering to prayers only and only prayers as I know in other cases we can tie our hair to prevent it from slipping and uncovering.
So wemen tends to keep thier hair always tied so, it is much a regular thing and our hair is way too long to be just left untied unlike men.So this hadith is it reffering to men only as men with a littlelong hair tends to tie it back during salath because it falls towards ground and touches it??

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2: sis...yes the concern is about wemen tying hair DURING PRAYERS. I forgot to mention this part in the first post but I was actually refering to prayers only and only prayers as I know in other cases we can tie our hair to prevent it from slipping and uncovering.
So wemen tends to keep thier hair always tied so, it is much a regular thing and our hair is way too long to be just left untied unlike men.So this hadith is it reffering to men only as men with a littlelong hair tends to tie it back during salath because it falls towards ground and touches it??

Excellent!..thanks for explaining sister..I didn't mean to hassle you with making a reply just to answer me..I just didn't want you to read information which you might not really want or need :)..

In this hadith the tucking of clothes relates to men *and* women..the hair part relates to men only..as some of them may practice the sunnah of growing out their hair...the reason why women are not included is because their hair will be kept back by the ihraam or the scarf they wear during prayer..and also because for a woman..the only things which may show during prayer is her face and her hands..so showing her hair..keeping it untied (and it falling from underneath the scarf or showing from the sides) will break a condition of prayer for women..so the only part a woman is to follow is that of not tucking in the clothes

I have to get some things done around the house and cannot list the sources for this claim..but inshallah once I get done and have the time I will come back and list them so I can have some "back-up" for my words :)

I hope this helps you so far though sister :)

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
salam sis.
ya jazakALLAH khair, your explanation makes sense. Actually I was also having the same thought but wanted a confirmation since most of the time our minds tell us what is most appropriate to our sight and ofcox most of the time the wrong thing.
so now I can pray with my hair being collected in a bun.I have been making sure I go to prayer after combing and making just a tie with a clip..lol.
anyways sis there is another hadith which says(I'm also not bringing the exact hadith here as I do not remember from where I read it,but surely from a salat book)..which says rasool(saw), oneday saw a man praying with hair tied and he said something about his hair nots and it related to shaytaan...(I'm sorry I read tha hadith only once so does not remembermuch, but surely it was something about the not and shaytan)...and also the older people of my community think notting hair like we do when we are in a hurry is really bad and it is from shaytaan or something.
can you please clarify this also.....
p.s...you must be thinking I never got over this hair thing eh?but it really is a big thing FOR ME.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: [B]“I have been commanded to pray on seven bones and not to tuck up my hair or my clothes.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim). [/B]

You original question:

"tucking up clothes and collecting hair is forbidden"..

I think both highlighted in green and in blue are not the same, it can be misconstrued.

I found following hadith form Bukhari;

By: Ibn Abbas:

The Prophet was ordered (by Allah) to prostrate on seven parts and not to TUCK UP the clothes or hair (while praying). Those parts are: the forehead (along with the tip of nose), both hands, both knees, and (toes of) both feet.

Few more hadith from Ibn Abbas:

The Prophet said, "We have been ordered to prostrates on seven bones and not to TUCK UP the clothes or hair."

The Prophet was ordered to prostrate on seven bony parts and not to TUCK UP his clothes or hair.

The Prophet said, "I have been ordered to prostrate on seven (bones) and not to TUCK UP the hair or garment."

Source: http://www.thenoble[/COLOR]quran.com/sps/sbk/

I think bro. mHamzah was right if you refer to hadith in green.