Can a Sunni woman marry a Kurdi ??

hassana elkoussi

I need your help please. I have a friend studying in the UK and there's s Kurdi ( from Al Akrad of Iraq) young man who wants to propose to her.Do these Kurds belong to the Shi'a?? Your help will be appreciated.Salam

Idris16

I think there are many sunnis in kurdistan. I know a kurdish group that calls itself Ansar Al-sunna. They are sunnis fighting U.S and iraqi forces.
there are rafidis in kurdistan but mostly sunnis what i think

daywalker

"Kurdi" refers just to a nation . and they have sunis and shias both. most of them are shias i knew. So instead asking his nationality it would be nice to ask about his aqeedah.

Idris16

Barak Allahu Feek Akhee Abdul Musa'ir.

I remember when more than 700 yazids got killed after an explosion in Northern Iraq(kurdistan) I dont know much about them but i remember when i read that they eat pork.

Wa salam Alaykum

aelshamy

Kudri exist in four countries : Iraq, Syria, Turkey and Iran. Most of them are Sunni.
The great leader Salahouldin was Kurdi

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

They are mostly not very religious / Islamic. If there are practicing Muslims, then they are rare.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Akhi daywalker..baraka allaho feek..Iraqi-kurds are not Shias...a very very very small number of them are..they are called *faili kurds* and they live in the areas near the Iraqi-Irani borders..mostly in the area of *diyala*..I don't know where you got your information from...a huuuge majority of Kurds are Sunni...

Also...Yazidees are NOT Kurds..they are an ethnicity of their own..the ones who claim to be Kurd..are considered TRAITORS by the Yazidees..

Sister Hassana...

The sister should ask about the piousness and the Islamic knowledge of the brother first and foremost!...if she wants to be sure about the Shia/Sunni deal...she can ask him where he is from in Iraq..and she can be sure...

If he is from:

Sulaimaniya
Arbil
Dohok
Zakho
Karkook (though the city is a mix of ethnicities..but there are many many many kurds there)

Then he is *VERY* likely to be a Sunni Kurd

Or she can simply ask him if he is a *faili kurd*...that will automatically mean he is a Shia Kurd

If he is..then..you know Ahlul-Sunnah's perspective on this issue!

I hope I was of help sister :)

:wasalam:

safiya58

assalamu alaykum,

They are mostly not very religious / Islamic. If there are practicing Muslims, then they are rare.

yes I know some iraqi kurds I don´t want to judge them but the brother is right they are not very religious and what I don´t like is they are toooo nationalists they hate the arabs and turks.... but we don´t know him we don´t know anything about him and maybe he is not like that maybe he is very good... btw a state called Kurdistan is not existing IRAQ only

Rashadi

I need your help please. I have a friend studying in the UK and there's s Kurdi ( from Al Akrad of Iraq) young man who wants to propose to her.Do these Kurds belong to the Shi'a?? Your help will be appreciated.Salam

Salaam Aleykom,

Almost all Kurds are Sunni Muslims and there is only a very tiny number of Kurds who follow shiism. I have to this day never met a Kurdish Shiite. I can almost guess that the person is a Muslim and not shiite. Kurds are simply an ethnic group just like Arab, Turkish, Somali, etc. If he is Muslim, she can marry him inshaAllah.

hassana elkoussi

Gazakom Allah khairan Kathiran, dear brothers and sisters, InshaAllah I'll let her know about this valuable information and hope she can find out whether he's a practicing Sunni
Moslem or not.

crank

i am turkish and in my country there are many kurdish people and most of them are şafii i mine sunni and hanefi... but the important thing some of them are very natiyonalist and these kind of kurds are atheist or sosyalist so she should never get marry but if the guy is şafii and pray so thats ok...

ps: kurdish people in my country are very good but not to nationalist sosyalist and atheist ones... and there is no kurdistan country in the world they live in turkey iran ıraq and syria

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
I think there are many sunnis in kurdistan. I know a kurdish group that calls itself Ansar Al-sunna. They are sunnis fighting U.S and iraqi forces.

yes many kurdis belong to shia...but not all ....as i know ..some will be sunni and many as shia...........as i think

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
yes many kurdis belong to shia...but not all ....as i know ..some will be sunni and many as shia...........as i think

Ukhti..baraka allaho feeki

Kurds are Sunnis...a *tiny* number of them are Shias and they live near the Iraqi-Irani borders (East and Southeast Iraq)...it's a common misconception that Kurds are Shias..that's why many people think the majority of people in Iraq are *Shias*..because they count the Kurds with them!

As an Iraqi..I am very keen on correcting this misconception..so it's nothing personal against you...I hope you understand..and I hope you bear the correction in mind :)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Akhi heegaan...

Ansar Al-Sunna are Arabs!...a very small number of Kurds are with the resistance *altogether*..most fight with the Paishmarga militias and some remain neutral...

And how can "Rafidhis" be "Sunnis"???...that's like saying *I am a Shia-Sunni*

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Ukhti..baraka allaho feeki

Kurds are Sunnis...a *tiny* number of them are Shias and they live near the Iraqi-Irani borders (East and Southeast Iraq)...it's a common misconception that Kurds are Shias..that's why many people think the majority of people in Iraq are *Shias*..because they count the Kurds with them!

As an Iraqi..I am very keen on correcting this misconception..so it's nothing personal against you...I hope you understand..and I hope you bear the correction in mind :)

sister im so sorry for my misunderstanding ..i really did not understand........oh my god! im so sorry sister and ya now im bearing the correction in mind..im sorry sister:blackhijab:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
sister im so sorry for my misunderstanding ..i really did not understand........oh my god! im so sorry sister and ya now im bearing the correction in mind..im sorry sister:blackhijab:

You don't need to apologize sister...things like that can get quite confusing..especially if you get information from different sources...I am sure no matter how much I learn about Saudi Arabia (for example)..I will always *unknowingly* have some incorrect information..it happens..but if one should know what is correct they should always let it be known :)

And May Allah Guard You and Bless You

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
You don't need to apologize sister...things like that can get quite confusing..especially if you get information from different sources...I am sure no matter how much I learn about Saudi Arabia (for example)..I will always *unknowingly* have some incorrect information..it happens..but if one should know what is correct they should always let it be known :)

And May Allah Guard You and Bless You

your right sister!indeed you are right!!but dont worry i you have any doubt from saudi rabia thn plz do ask me ....i am saudi arabia and i know much about that country :ma: but not so much

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
your right sister!indeed you are right!!but dont worry i you have any doubt from saudi rabia thn plz do ask me ....i am saudi arabia and i know much about that country :ma: but not so much

Baraka Allaho Feeki!...

You should never hesitate to educate others of what you know..knowledge is earned through giving and taking..and I am glad you are eager to share what you know with others :)

May Allah Bless You