Cannot trust halal label.....

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
assalam alaikum warahmathullah wabarakath sisters and brothers.
My concern is regarding the halal label, the place where I live, there are extremely few muslims here who are also "so called" muslims".
My problem is these people produce halal labelled chicken and sausages, from the same company where they produce halal uncertified(without label), to non-muslims and non, i have done a serch on the companies, and none is owned by a muslim. It is owned by kafir people and I don't know weather the halal labelled cheese, butter, chicken,sausage,mayonise which are all produced by halal things, or the chicken are slaughtered islamically, and also weather they just call it halal because they cut it from neck,or they slaughter it by a muslim, by ALLAh swt's name....I know nothing,.and cannot know anything further because the people here does not speak english.
Also university have a muslim cafeteria, where the chicken and all they use, the packets have label, when i went to see, they say they are halal,the people say shahadha,when I ask them..and I just don't know.
I can't trust any of them, I havn't used any cheese,mayonise or ssausage for three months,since the chocolate here are all labelled by their language I havn't taken them too.now I'm cracing all again....
so what can I do,?? is it ok for me to take them?...Is this suspecting wrong about some muslims,when they say shahadha even,is wrong?..Do i need to trust the label??..
pls give replies soon, I am craving chocolate.

runayrus

Yearning Slave
:salam2: ukhti,

the last part about you craving chocolate is funny. Lol.

Is there a Halal Organisation in the country? It is possible to check with them a list of companies providing halal food.

I pray that things will be easier for you ukhti, Ameen.

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam Sister,

In my opinion, if it is certified halal, then I don't see a reason why you cant eat them. If you are unsure, perhaps you can try contacting the organization directly which certifies these food products halal (or if not, then you should ask someone to call for you since they don't speak English).

Where I am staying now, some of the halal chicken come from non-Muslim companies but it is certified halal by the Islamic society here. Even for the food products like cheese for example, come from non-Muslim companies and they do provide both halal and non-halal products.

If you are feeling was-wasah, then perhaps, you should not buy them.

I hope you get to satiate that chocolate craving soon insyaAllah. All this talk about food is making me hungry as well hehe :)

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
:salam2: ukhti,

the last part about you craving chocolate is funny. Lol.

Is there a Halal Organisation in the country? It is possible to check with them a list of companies providing halal food.

I pray that things will be easier for you ukhti, Ameen.

In Malaysia we do have, refer the link below:

http://e-halal.hdcglobal.com/

If you see the halal logo (as per the above link), you may trust it is halal. But personally, I avoid products of non-muslim company as much as possible though with this logo coz I prefer supporting muslim products.

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
hmm.thnx for the replies,..u all
but sttill my suspection stays at the same level.brother hardrock muslim, I'm living in a country which is NOT A MEMBER of WORLD HALAL ORGANISATION. so that is the main prooblem.

yakubpasha

assalam alaikum warahmathullah wabarakath sisters and brothers.
My concern is regarding the halal label, the place where I live, there are extremely few muslims here who are also "so called" muslims".
My problem is these people produce halal labelled chicken and sausages, from the same company where they produce halal uncertified(without label), to non-muslims and non, i have done a serch on the companies, and none is owned by a muslim. It is owned by kafir people and I don't know weather the halal labelled cheese, butter, chicken,sausage,mayonise which are all produced by halal things, or the chicken are slaughtered islamically, and also weather they just call it halal because they cut it from neck,or they slaughter it by a muslim, by ALLAh swt's name....I know nothing,.and cannot know anything further because the people here does not speak english.
Also university have a muslim cafeteria, where the chicken and all they use, the packets have label, when i went to see, they say they are halal,the people say shahadha,when I ask them..and I just don't know.
I can't trust any of them, I havn't used any cheese,mayonise or ssausage for three months,since the chocolate here are all labelled by their language I havn't taken them too.now I'm cracing all again....
so what can I do,?? is it ok for me to take them?...Is this suspecting wrong about some muslims,when they say shahadha even,is wrong?..Do i need to trust the label??..
pls give replies soon, I am craving chocolate.

You are 100% right we cannot trust. We are not even sure if the chicken we eat when we go for Umrah/Hajj is halal or not.

Read here

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&sec...3&m=1&y=2009&pix=kingdom.jpg&category=Kingdom

bint Zakir

This is really disappointing, sometimes we can only do so much. I once contacted a company I doubted and each customer service rep was telling me something different. The most we can do is contact them and hope they are telling the truth. Otherwise we should just try to avoid it inshaAllah

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
This is really disappointing, sometimes we can only do so much. I once contacted a company I doubted and each customer service rep was telling me something different. The most we can do is contact them and hope they are telling the truth. Otherwise we should just try to avoid it inshaAllah

:salam2: yes that is so true. the only thing we can do is caling the toll free number and checking the website given by them.
But the problem is, I'v called so many times but they do not speak english and I don't know this language much, only can survive here by knowing the basic things like sorry, help, hello hi. and the prices, i mean numbers.
ans the website....gah.. all in local language, I can;t do anything. I hope allah swt makes thi easy for me. I am at the time using airmail posted shampoo/creams and all, and i somtimes run out of it and I have to take bath with the shower gel from here,..Which my soul does not except, because I know it will contain most of the time gelatin, and that will be from animal. So i fear that My prayer may not be accepted beause I'm cleaning myself with a haram gelatin......asthagfirullah.
at this week also I'm already out of toothpaste and My mom is posting me.It will take about 5 days to receive it and till then I am brushing my teeth with sal+baking soda...I;m creative eh???,...but I just can't use the toothpaste here.I bought one bottle, squeeze it to my brush then again, I feared it may contain some animal thing. so I just threw the toothpaste to dustbin the other day,
living among kaafirs is really difficult and you fear yu may go insane.what can I say to describe my life best?? I think the word will be "sucks" even though thats not so appropriate.I am anticipating for ramadhan, alhamdhulillah this kaafir peoples holiday coincides with ramadhan so i get to go home.alhamdhulillah.what a blessing it is to break fast with family.last time I cried when I have to break my fast all alone in my room with just a fruit salad and some things which I make after coming from class,which is already after magrib.