Daughter killed for not wearing hijab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

munirah11

ISLAM is the way
:salam2:

National Post Dec 11 2007

Dad charged in daughter’s death

TORONTO - A Mississauga, Ont. cab driver has been charged with the murder of his 16-year-old daughter, who was attacked in the family home after clashing with her strict Muslim family over whether or not to wear the hijab, the traditional Islamic head scarf for women.

Muhammad Parvez, 57, was charged after his daughter Aqsa Parvez died in hospital late Monday.

The victim’s older brother Waqas Parvez, was charged with obstructing police in connection with the girl’s death.

Police were called to a home in Mississauga early Monday morning by a man who told 911 operators that he had killed his daughter.

They found Aqsa Parvez lying motionless on the floor of her bedroom, to all appearances dead, but paramedics found a faint pulse and rushed her to hospital. The teenager succumbed to her injuries several hours later, police said Tuesday.

Const. J.P. Valade would not give any details about the teenager’s killing, but police sources said she was strangled.

Friends of the girl said she had left the family home, where her brothers also lived with their families, about a week before the attack because of arguments with her father and brothers over her refusal to wear traditional Muslim garb, including the hijab.

“She was scared of her father: He was always controlling her,” said Dominiquia Holmes-Thompson, a friend and classmate at Applewood Heights Secondary School, where both were Grade 11 students. “She wasn’t allowed to go out or do anything: That’s why she left.”

Valade would not comment on the possible motive for the killing, but said detectives are continuing to interview neighbours and friends of the girl as well as members of her extended family.

Canadian Muslim groups on Tuesday condemned the attack.

“There should be zero tolerance for violence of any kind against women or girls,” said Shahina Siddiqui, the president of the Islamic Social Services Association.

Faisal Kutty, the legal counsel for the Canadian Council on American-Islamic Relations, said: We call for the strongest possible prosecution of Ms. Parvez’s alleged attacker.”

Sylvia Link, a spokeswoman for the Peel District School Board, said grief counsellors have been sent to the school to help Aqsa’s classmates deal with the incident.

The flag outside the school was flown at half-mast and a memorial table was set up at the school where friends of the slain teen could write their memories, display pictures, leave flowers and mementos.

Link said school officials are also looking into the case to see if there was anything they could have done to help Aqsa or students in similar situations.

“We want to see what we can learn from this tragedy,” she said.

Valade said police and prosecutors have not yet decided whether to charge the dead girl’s father with first- or second-degree murder, but they have until the beginning of his preliminary hearing to make that decision.

Parvez is scheduled to appear in a Brampton court today on a bail hearing.

:astag: Why did this happened????

:wasalam::muslima:

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
this is shocking! Why did he kill her? And what islam was he teaching, FORCE?

Forcing someone to believe doesn't necessarily make them believe! This shocked me! If he couldn't change her mind THEN WHY TRY TO FORCE HER...in the end she would stand before Allah and she would've to explain it anyways and we will all be accountable for our sane decisions you see.

I am really avoiding to get frustrated, but this makes me frustrated because there are so many people out there who give THIS image of islam. No wonder many people in the west condemn our whole religion, because some muslims present it this way.

I do not know what that father was thinking ...it is just sick! It is not islamic to kill another being UNJUSTIFIED!

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
If it is proven he did kill her because of her not wearing her hijab then it must be a case of lack of Imaan, lack of understanding what Islam is what more can be said.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Well, this might be a second degree murder....
Probably the dad did not purposelly killed her
It is ironic that if her dad is a strict muslim ,he would not have killed . Thats why i came with a decision her dad might not have the intetion to kill her.

Whatever it is , we ask god to forgive her sins and grant her jannatul firdaus

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
If it is proven he did kill her because of her not wearing her hijab then it must be a case of lack of Imaan, lack of understanding what Islam is what more can be said.

i agree with you , it has not been confirmed yet.....

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Inna lellahi wa inna ilaihi raje'oon!

If it is true then it is not only very sad, but embarrassing too.
It also shows how much faraway some muslims are from its teachings.

The first thing Islam did in Arabs was to stop them from killing their daughters which was common at that time.

Unfortunately, such occurences give an added momentum to the propaganda of islamophobes.

May the mercy of Allah be with her. Ameen

zak125

Daughter Killed fro not wearing Hajab

AOA

This tragic consequences I guess arises from lacks of understanding of Hajab and lack of support from the muslim community. I guess that the reason for such a drastic action extends beyound the issue of mere hajab.

Many parents in the west are scared of the consequesces of moral degradation prevelant in the host community. At the same time children are lost within the ocean that exists between parents frozen in the 1960's time frame of asian rural culture and the modern day western society.

I therefore urge other muslim parents to be mindful of families going through such defficulties and affort the necessary support to both the parents and their children.

Allah Hafiz

dianek

As my husband explained to me once, Hijab is a personal choice and no one can make that choice for you........This is a sick and twisted father she had and the brothers as well for interfering with police investigation. How sad and terrible.

misalat

Inna lellahi wa inna ilaihi raje'oon!

Yes, it's quite sad story ... but i would caution every muslim not to believe all that you read from the western media ... i read the story, but i can not conclude that the father really killed his daughter, we are not sure yet and we can not confirm by reading this story.... may Allah forgive all our sins. :tti_sister:

Lets be carefull before we condemn what we are not sure exactly.

Salaam,

May Allah swt be pleased with the little girl. I don't necessarily see a correlation between her death and her father forcing her to wear a hijab.

If it's true of what he did, then it is utterly WRONG :astag: We must be careful with the information we are reading, especially from Western media, Allahu alam. There are many reasons why a person can faint.

:salah:

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
in islam it is the right of every child that he or she must be given terbiyah .if she were brought up according to islamic shariah she would never have such a terrible death.
parents first ignore their children mistakes,they dont try to correct them. whenit is to late they try to correct them by forcethen.

there must be another side to the story.

tabaria

First of all, he didn't mean to kill her. He was the one who called 911. Second, stop judging. He didn't want his daughter running around half naked. They were showing pics of her on the news with her tummy hanging out and everything because she wanted to "fit in". Just because he didn't want his daughter to have to degrade herself for the approval of others doesn't make him evil.

What awaits this girl is far worse then what her father did to her.

:wasalam:

Muslimah99

Bosnian Muslimah
Salaam,

May Allah swt be pleased with the little girl. I don't necessarily see a correlation between her death and her father forcing her to wear a hijab.

If it's true of what he did, then it is utterly WRONG :astag: We must be careful with the information we are reading, especially from Western media, Allahu alam. There are many reasons why a person can faint.

:salah:

indeed I agree

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
assalamo alaikum..

I know a girl who did the exact same thing when her parents *pressured* her.. into practicing..she left the house and she lives on her own..she took the hijab off..and she even dates now! (astaghfiruallah)
they didn't sit there and try to tell her *why*..no!..they just tell her *just do this!*..so she is doing the opposite of all they want her to do..it's like she is retaliating!..
if only parents take the time to *talk* to their kids (both sons and daughters) about the benefits of practicing their deen..we wouldn't have things like that happening!
FORCE *NEVER* WORKS..NEVER..EVER!

wa alaikum assalam

dianne

Salam,

I cant say anything,its just crazy!
May Allah swt forgive the daughter amin.

wassalam

assalamualaikum...i think he lost it...he should have resorted to smal punishments 1st..like reducing her pocket money n stuff like that....that is jz major wat he did

tabaria

She actually moved away from home. The articles in the newspapers are talking about her like she's a martyr. How she felt "liberated" without the hijab and free to "show her beauty". She had an older sister who used to keep an eye on her at school but she graduated so she started changing by the time she got to school.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
It is a very sad event and would help those who hate Islam.

Hijab is a personal matter. I don't think anyone would kill his own daughter just because she is not wearing hijab. There must be some other reason, like being involved with a guy or something like that. I think that reporters have sensationalized the story by linking it with hijab.

Hijab is purely a personal matter. That person alone is going to answer Allah why she didn't wear hijab. This is something one cannot force. Later InsaAllah, we will find out that the real reason was something else, as I saw this morning on TV a Canadian woman was saying "please don't blame hijab for this murder".

dianek

It is a very sad event and would help those who hate Islam.

Hijab is a personal matter. I don't think anyone would kill his own daughter just because she is not wearing hijab. There must be some other reason, like being involved with a guy or something like that. I think that reporters have sensationalized the story by linking it with hijab.

Hijab is purely a personal matter. That person alone is going to answer Allah why she didn't wear hijab. This is something one cannot force. Later InsaAllah, we will find out that the real reason was something else, as I saw this morning on TV a Canadian woman was saying "please don't blame hijab for this murder".

Are you implying that what her father did would be justified if she were seeing a male???????????? I think that would be a terrible extreme and disturbing opinion. I can't imagine a father hurting his daughter to the point of death for ANYTHING!!!!!!!! Unless he is so detached from her emotionally and if that is the case then no surprise she was going elsewhere for affection and acceptance...

Status
Not open for further replies.