Do I have to/should I wear?

brand-new22

Assalaamu alaykum!

So I have been seriously thinking of going to take my Shahada for a while now BUT before I do so I have to know (since I have never been to a mosque) do I wear a hijab when I go? Do you HAVE to wear one to a Mosque?
:hijabi:

Thanks!!

By the way, is anyone else here from Canada?

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Yes, you should ware hijab. It is not complicated, just cover your head so that every body can see your face only.

Yes I live in Toronto Canada. If you live nearby PM me if you need any help and my wife will contact you.

May Allah SWT show you the right path

Shishani

Staff member
Wa 'alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaah.

If you are convinced that Islaam is the truth, you should say the shahaadah right now! You don't need any witnesses, your witness is Allaah! Say it, then go to the mosque if you like with some sisters.
And be covered, that will be the best, if there will be not only women.

shasha

Muslimah
Wa alaykum salaam sister. :hijabi:

Alhamdulilah that's great that you are contemplating on doing Shahada! :hearts:

As for your question, are you asking because you are just curious? Or are you asking because you feel you might not be ready to wear one? :) There is no compulsion in religion, sister. One thing I want to share with you is that once you do your Shahada, which inshaAllah will be soon, you don't need to force yourself to change or do everything right away. You will feel the WANT to change once your iman starts becoming stronger and stronger. :tti_sister:

So far, I only see women who wear hijab and even niqab when they go to the masjid. There was only this one time that I saw a lady (in her 50's) who wasn't wearing one then she explained without me asking that it was because she wasn't really practicing (which includes not doing Salah or attending Jumu'ah). Made me wonder what was she doing in the masjid then. :p I think she only went to the masjid coz her friend asked her to.

Anyway, inshaAllah you will do your Shahada soon. I converted 3 months ago and I don't have a single regret MashAllah. :hearts:

May Allah subhana wa taala continue to guide you.

Salaam

brand-new22

I am not just curious, but to do my Shahada I would like to go to the Mosque to do so, so I was wondering so I wear one when I go? I have never actually worn one out of the house, just playing around at home really. I am not ready to take the step of wearing it outside of my home, UNLESS it is to the Mosque. I have been thinking of converting for about a year now, but I had many blocks in the road on the way, but now I believe I am ready to take this step and go for my Shahada!

Thank you for the information.

Wa alaykum salaam sister. :hijabi:

Alhamdulilah that's great that you are contemplating on doing Shahada! :hearts:

As for your question, are you asking because you are just curious? Or are you asking because you feel you might not be ready to wear one? :) There is no compulsion in religion, sister. One thing I want to share with you is that once you do your Shahada, which inshaAllah will be soon, you don't need to force yourself to change or do everything right away. You will feel the WANT to change once your iman starts becoming stronger and stronger. :tti_sister:

So far, I only see women who wear hijab and even niqab when they go to the masjid. There was only this one time that I saw a lady (in her 50's) who wasn't wearing one then she explained without me asking that it was because she wasn't really practicing (which includes not doing Salah or attending Jumu'ah). Made me wonder what was she doing in the masjid then. :p I think she only went to the masjid coz her friend asked her to.

Anyway, inshaAllah you will do your Shahada soon. I converted 3 months ago and I don't have a single regret MashAllah. :hearts:

May Allah subhana wa taala continue to guide you.

Salaam

brand-new22

Alright thank you. Will do!

Yes, you should ware hijab. It is not complicated, just cover your head so that every body can see your face only.

Yes I live in Toronto Canada. If you live nearby PM me if you need any help and my wife will contact you.

May Allah SWT show you the right path

brand-new22

I do hounestly believe (know) that Islam is the truth. I am not exactly sure how to do my Shahada, and I would like to be somewhere that it isn't just me also (the mosque). It would also be nice to meet some muslim sisters!

If you are convinced that Islaam is the truth, you should say the shahaadah right now! You don't need any witnesses, your witness is Allaah! Say it, then go to the mosque if you like with some sisters.
And be covered, that will be the best, if there will be not only women.

revert2007

Love Fishing
any scarf wuld do for the time being.as long as u cover ur hair and wear long sleeve and long skirt or anything modest.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
I do hounestly believe (know) that Islam is the truth. I am not exactly sure how to do my Shahada, and I would like to be somewhere that it isn't just me also (the mosque). It would also be nice to meet some muslim sisters!

:salam2:

Alhumdulillah.. So Insha'Allah soon you shall be our sister in faith. Please post a thread on TTI after you say your shahada. We would love to give you a proper welcome to our family too. :)

Peace be on to you.. :)

:wasalam:

canab1973

wa,alaykum salaam wr wb sister,
I ask Allah(SW) to help you and make you easy to learn his way of live. sister it is best that you wear hijab when you take (the shahada= testamony ) but if you think your not ready yet wait untill you are ready. I live in kitchener,ON if you live near by and need some help let me know Insha Allah
may Allah bless you.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
we always advice non-muslims who want to accept the message of God (i.e.Islam) that dont let secondary matters stop u frm taking shahadah.

the basic prerequisite to earn Allah's pleasure and His paradise is Shahadah.

once u take it, u can think over hijab and other issues.

may Allah make it easy for you.

BetAmakeR

Love Allah

Alhumdulillah...u just need 1 more step to the right path, dont hesitate and be firm to do a right thing.. may ALLAH bless u

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
you have to wear hijab, every time, when you go out.........
muhammad s.a.w has said that,
1. ' if a does adultry, then we should stone him to death.'
2; if a person rapes, then he should be killed
3. and if a women does not wear her hijab , after her matchurity, then her head should be shaved.....
these are the words said by prophet muhammad (s.a.w)...
so, you have to wear hijab, its compulasary...