do I need to wudu when reading the Quran?

Tilmida

...when you tuch quran you need to be on wudu (moutahhar) but I don t know if you should be clean when you just recite quran ...(without tuching quran) ?
I always do wudu when I read or tuch Quran it s better :)
...And generally I try to always be on wudu ... because I never know when I m going to die.

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
...when you tuch quran you need to be on wudu (moutahhar) but I don t know if you should be clean when you just recite quran ...(without tuching quran) ?
I always do wudu when I read or tuch Quran it s better :)
...And generally I try to always be on wudu ... because I never know when I m going to die.

:salam2:
:ma:its good to stay in the state of wudhu...
Narrated Nu'am Al mujmir: Once i went up the roof of the mosque, along with Abu Hurairah. He performed ablution and said, "I heard the prophet saying, "On the day of resurrection, my followers will be called "Al-Ghurr-Ul-Muhajjalun" from the trace of ablution and whoever can increase the area of his radiance should do so (i.e by performing ablution regularly."
:wasalam:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i have heard that you do not need to make wudu to read the quran. however, you should make sure that your hands are clean. the only time that i do know that you have to do ritual cleaning is if you are in the state of janaba which would require ghusl. wudu before quran is preferable but is not mandatory.

ummi h

What about the covering of your head when reading the quran?

iv never found sound hadith ,from the teaching of quran and the sunnah relating this matter ........

iv read somewhere you need to cover your head while other scholers say different.

may allah guide us to the straight path and increase our knowledge inshallah....ameen...:tti_sister:

an230290

No you dont need to cover you head to read quran but you do for prayer
but i guess its nice to do so anyway
this knowledge obtained from sunnipath.org very good site one of the best i say

May allah guide us towards good and keep us away from bad surely those who allah guides will surely be amongst the winners and those who all allah misguides will surely be amongst the losers

Keep this dua in all you prayers as you never know what you could be doing wrong only 70000 people will be behind prophet muhammed sas in day of judgement

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
As-salaamu'alaikum brothers and sisters.

Ok, can we remember to always be providing daleel when replying to questions. And that applies to this question too as there is a difference of opinion amongst the scholars on this subject.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Yeah they exist, of course nothing is the Qur'an except the Qur'an :)
You can get 'translations' (more appropriately titled 'interpretations') without any Arabic whatsoever. Among them are 'The Glorious Qur'an' by Muhammad Pickthal, 'The Qur'an: The Noble Reading' by TB Irving and 'The Holy Qur'an' by Abdullah Yusuf Ali.
- These are just a few of many.

sazk

Banned
hmm in that case i'd better change my previous statement. don't wanna get caught wrong in my Book of records.

i've read the Glorious Quran by Pickthall, but it had the arabic in it as well so i dont know which work of pickthall u r talking about

nita madjid

I kept on discussing this with my mother.

We come to no agreement,
However I do remember that I ran across a hadith that says someone was approaching the prophet to learn about Islam.
The prophet (PBUH) was not having his wudhu so he took tayamum, he says: I do not want to utter Allah name when I am not in a state of purity.

Shouldn't the same applied to reading quran, considering that it is
Allah's word and He is talking to us.
I personally felt embarrassed and guilty if i am about to read the qurAN And have not take wudhu.

Plus.. didn't Umar (Radhi Allahu anhu) said, whoever take Wudhu perfectly/appropriately and recite the syahadah plus, Allahumaj'alna minattawabina waj'alna minal mutathahhirin,
(Ya Allah please makes me your slave who perform taubah and cleanse her self)

will be granted heaven, InsyaAllah.