Do you recieve gifts from other countries?

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I live in America and have pen-pals in other countries, some being: Tunisia, Pakistan, Australia and South Africa.

I have never signed for an international package, but today I recieved one from Pakistan and had to sign for it. It had a pretty shawl and a book review from a newspaper.

I found this strange.

Do any of you receive gifts from abroad?
Do you ever have to sign for them?​

4mMadara2Amina

As Salam Alykom :)

Well I usually got gifts from my really close friends who I got to know in real and they live in other countries. I haven't get any gift for very long time. but not such a gifts of singing in? Not really understand it (maybe my English is fault). Well it is nice feeling sometimes to get something nice. Even it might be paint card from small muslim sister till the blanket made by hands... I love gifts from heart soooo much. Ohh... But anyway it is your tread :D Sorry, sorry... Sometimes I like to say something more hehe :p

Maha*

Yes, I have and I was asked to sign for it a couple of times. It's probably just proof of delivery, no need to worry. :)

UmmOf3

Ohh mashaAllah you have penpals?

I have been swapping and having penpals since I was 12, I quit for some years, but now I am back since 3-4 years ago again. I also have a blog with photos of what I recieve every time I get something in the mail...

Want a muslimah penpal in Norway? PM me!

UmmOf3

Ah and yeah, I often have to sign for gifts I recieve and stuff, but not always. Its usually when they ship it "Recomended" or whatever, like secure-mail. Usually things just comes straight in my mailbox though.

Maha*

Lol, hehe, they're not really penpals. I personally know them, they're my friends from the internet. I'd say some of them are even from TTI. ;) But anyway, mashaa Allah, you seem to be into penpaling. That's very interesting. And even a blog! hehe!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Ohh mashaAllah you have penpals?

I have been swapping and having penpals since I was 12, I quit for some years, but now I am back since 3-4 years ago again. I also have a blog with photos of what I recieve every time I get something in the mail...

Want a muslimah penpal in Norway? PM me!

I love penpalling and writing letters ^^

I would have more, but my money is sooooo tight and stamps are getting expensive over here in the US xD

I got mine from a site called Interpals, here is my profile: http://www.interpals.net/Piercedpixie

Please dont ask about the username, it was before I made a commitment to Allah (swt) and began living as a Muslim, I just cant be bothered to make a new account :SMILY149:

UmmOf3

Hmm I tried sending you a PM but it dont want to send to you, it says you are not allowed to, or turned it off lol.

Anyway, I wrote this:

I am a convert, from Norway, I am 34 years old, I am married to a convert as well, and we have three kids alltogether. (two are just mine)

SubhanAllah thats weird, I just registrated on the Interpals-page, because your thread made me google "penpals" lol.

I use Yahoo groups for the most, as I swap more than write letters, but I love writing as well. I use Kooohkiestopia-group and Ocean Box-swappers at Yahoo, and also some groups on Facebook as well.

My ID on InterPals is Muhajabah, and I just added you as a friend!

kayleigh

Wait, which part did you find weird? That you had to sign for it? If it is insured or they want confirmation of delivery you have to sign.

Having penpals seems like fun.

rayray

Hmm I tried sending you a PM but it dont want to send to you, it says you are not allowed to, or turned it off lol.

Anyway, I wrote this:

I am a convert, from Norway, I am 34 years old, I am married to a convert as well, and we have three kids alltogether. (two are just mine)

SubhanAllah thats weird, I just registrated on the Interpals-page, because your thread made me google "penpals" lol.

I use Yahoo groups for the most, as I swap more than write letters, but I love writing as well. I use Kooohkiestopia-group and Ocean Box-swappers at Yahoo, and also some groups on Facebook as well.

My ID on InterPals is Muhajabah, and I just added you as a friend!

I think InterPals isn't really the best site to find people you just want to converse with. Cause that site makes you create profiles or usernames at the very least. :)

UmmOf3

RayRay, the other sites I use is smaller (like groups at Yahoo, or on Facebook) and this Interpal-thing is huge lol but I will give it a try, I already found a couple of sisters as penpals actually :D

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I think InterPals isn't really the best site to find people you just want to converse with. Cause that site makes you create profiles or usernames at the very least. :)

Why is a profile and username bad? We have those on this site...lol xD

:salam2:,

leave alone getting gifts frm other countries, i dont get them even frm my own state. :D

Awww Im sorry! Getting stuff in the mail is really interesting, you should get a brother for a penapl, LOL XD

Wait, which part did you find weird? That you had to sign for it? If it is insured or they want confirmation of delivery you have to sign.

Having penpals seems like fun.

Yeah I found it weird I had to sign for it.
I've never signed for an international package. The guy who delivered it, I was like "Why must I sign it?" And he just shrugged.

Yeah he probably gets paid $10 an hour but he has no idea why I'm signing it. :girl3: