Do you think that Muslims can peacefully live in the west or should they just leave?

Do you think that Muslims can peacefully live in the west or should they just leave?

• Yes

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

JazakAllah @ IloveIslam78 and brother arzafar. It is exactly as this brother says. For the rest of the posts, which I still see displays only opinions ( "I think ....." ). What we should try to understand is that Islam is not what we think. We are a creature of great limitations. Our perception is limited. Sometimes, we fail to realize and understand things which Allah has ordered us to do. Sometimes we even go as far as disliking some commandments of Allah, but Allah (s.w.t) tells us in the Quran that we may dislike a thing which is indeed good for us, but we know not. No matter how nice a disbeliever is to me, I can only offer justice to him/her by giving proper dawah in the best of manners. We have to maintain wala and bara, which is love and hate for the sake of Allah (s.w.t). While we will behave in the best of manners during dawah and be just in all cases, we have to remember not to take the disbelievers as intimate friends. We have to have hatred for disbelievers for denying or equating anything else to Allah, The One and The Almighty. I again emphasize that this hate does not mean that we call names, we behave rudely, we do injustice to the disbelievers. But this calls for proper justice. And we must remember that nobody other than our beloved Prophet :saw2: maintained Al-Wala and Al-Bara. And as brother arzafar has mentioned, we must first give out dawah in the best possible efforts and if it does not work then we have to change our stance with them and they have to subdue themselves to us and pay us Jiziya, a very tiny percentage of Tax. And if they arrogantly oppose us, we have to fight them either one of us is dead. This is truth and there is nothing to be afraid of to hide it. Anybody totally taken aback or hearing this for the first time, please do your research and study more about Islam. Islam is a religion of peace, peace with those who equate none to Allah, The Most Gracious and with those with whom we have our treaty. Those who try to enforce and change Islam are to be fought back. I ask all of our sisters and brothers who say that they can live in peace in the west to ask themselves of their true intentions. Are you really staying their for dawah ? If so, how are you proceeding on this? This may be true for some of our excellent brothers and sisters but unfortunately I don't think that it is for the majority. Ask yourself, is it the University degree, the nice house, the nice food shops, the luxury or is it really daawah of Islam that is holding you back in a country of disbelievers. Again I would like to repeat, Islam is not your and my opinion. Islam is a definition of the way of life from Allah, the Most Great. So, it is better for all of us that instead of giving away our opinions we know more about Islam. No offense to anyone, just trying to show some facts. Just because 90% of the people of a country has names with Mohammed and Hasaan means that the country is an Islamic state. True Islamic state is the one, where there is a Khalifa and the country's law are the Sharia Law. The U.S. has created their own definitions and they say that Muslims supporting sharia law are extremists. How funny, when Islam had come to establish all those laws. Sharia law is nothing from outside, they are based on the Quran and Sunnah of the Prophet :saw2:. In fact, supporting democracy is like taking part in idol worshipping ( like taking part in Shirk). There is no other of life accepted by Allah, The Most Merciful, but Islam. And Islam has its own system of State governance and does not at all comply with secularist, democratic government. This is for those brothers and sisters, who very easily and deliberately agree with the disbelievers and label their own brothers and sisters with extremism and radicalization. There is nothing extreme in Islam, you either follow it or you don't. You can search youtube for Abdur Raheem Green's video lecture on Islam and democracy. You will understand a lot of things, once you see that. JazakAllahu Khair!!!
May Allah guide us on the straight path and open our hearts to the truth.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamou Alykom Wrahmatou Allah,

Maybe the situation in the US and the GB are different and Muslims enjoy more freedom. But in continental Europe things are different. To have a little glimps of what is going on out there you can listen to this lecture (I think it is a Shiit conference but don't mind that!)

The following recent video shows two young French sisters who have been definitively thrown out of school because of their hijab and this ban will soon be followed by other countries.

Please brother and sister tell me what would you do if they were your daughters?

Wassalam

Here is the video but unfortunately it is in French.

[yt]C8LSJg6ozv0[/yt]

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair dear brother for sharing with us this video about our sisters in Islaam,. I felt very sadned to see this video, although I did not undertood speach of our sisters.They are blackmailing Muslim sisters who are wearing hijabs or niqabs, as they are leaving them without education, to force them to wear un Islamic cloth.If it is like that, may Allah change thier plans in our favour,and is better to live in poorer country where you can freerly practise your religion than in non Muslim country where you do not have principle rights like human being, and priciple right of every human is freedom of practise of his religion.
I think dear brother that you should post one more option in "vote pool", for answer " maybe" because there are Muslims who can live peacefully in non Muslim countries Alhamdulillah, although I feel that many non Muslims have wrong opinion about us Muslims,and our relating Islaam with terrorism, oppression, or are not liking Muslims for our diffrent religion than thiers. But SubhanAllah, every day more people are accepting Islaam as only truth religion from Allah,and as they way of life. Sometimes we forget how great and the most beautiful blessing of Allah subhan we teala, Islaam is.
I belive that many non Muslims in non Muslim countries are hiding behind thier words,and stating that they do not aloow Muslims to wear Islamic cloth, ( hijab, niqab) or are disliking Muslim man wearing Islamic cloth or Sunnah beard, not aloowing minarats on mosques, or even going so far away with not aloowing Muslims from Arab countries to use Arabic langauge in thier daily life, with thier fake exuses that it is thier country,and that non Islamic society is existed for centuries,that they are afraid of Islaam as they are relating with Terrorism and many more fake excuses they can always find.La hawla wa la kuwata illabillahi.

It would be diffrent if most of Muslim countries are richer and are in peace, because on that way they would make possible freerly practise of Islaam for all Muslims, but as it is like this we can only fight for our rights in non Muslim countries and give dawah with kindness, and Allah is again the best Guider and Helper.

May Allah help us always,ameen summa ameen :tti_sister:

Wa Allaicumu salam wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

fatma_said

Walykum salam

what an interesting post!

Firstly, i agree with you
i thought i was the only one who thought like that..

I never really liked living in western countries since they would never accept us fully and when i heard that hadith about how a muslim can only live in a non-muslim majority country for da'wa purposes i felt that this was true

however my parents did not come to western countries for the luxuries of the western countries. we were fleeing a war torn countriy and for anyone who thinks that KSA is great well i have news for you! (i dont know how the situation is now, maybe they have become better muslims)

i was actually born in saudia arabia however instead of welcoming their own brothers and sisters and giving them shelter and help they(the government officials and the police) would instead hunt us down to deport us back to our war torn country. In any case when my mother was in labour her visa expired and they actually had the nerve to come to her bed and threaten to deport her back!

we had to bribe them to stay for a few more years untill we left for sudan then germany

but alhamdulilah its amazing wat respect people in arab countries give u NOT for being muslim but for being western or NOW that i have a passport from a western country

but inshallah i plan to find a muslim country to live in after i graduate and get married since it wasnt my choice to come to these countries

may allah forgive our muslim brothers and sisters and may we be unified once more under the khilafa

arzafar

Walykum salam

what an interesting post!

Firstly, i agree with you
i thought i was the only one who thought like that..

I never really liked living in western countries since they would never accept us fully and when i heard that hadith about how a muslim can only live in a non-muslim majority country for da'wa purposes i felt that this was true

however my parents did not come to western countries for the luxuries of the western countries. we were fleeing a war torn countriy and for anyone who thinks that KSA is great well i have news for you! (i dont know how the situation is now, maybe they have become better muslims)

i was actually born in saudia arabia however instead of welcoming their own brothers and sisters and giving them shelter and help they(the government officials and the police) would instead hunt us down to deport us back to our war torn country. In any case when my mother was in labour her visa expired and they actually had the nerve to come to her bed and threaten to deport her back!

we had to bribe them to stay for a few more years untill we left for sudan then germany

but alhamdulilah its amazing wat respect people in arab countries give u NOT for being muslim but for being western or NOW that i have a passport from a western country

but inshallah i plan to find a muslim country to live in after i graduate and get married since it wasnt my choice to come to these countries

may allah forgive our muslim brothers and sisters and may we be unified once more under the khilafa

that's very sad to hear sister, but we have to rebuild our own countries now instead of contributing to kaafir countries.

AdamMuslim

Assalamou Alikom Warahmatou Allah,

I hope tht you are all in good health dear brothers and sisters :)

I just wonna say that as for me I'm no longer in Europe ... I moved ...I escaped from those societies and their evil even though I'm going to miss its good sides.

I've been so blessed to find a very good job in a very good company with a very good salary (actually a tiny fraction of my previous salary but that's OK ) and I'll start very soon.

Wassalam

PS: I know I've been away for so long and I apologize for that :)

tariq353

Wa alaikum as salam wa rehmatullai wa barkatuhu,

Brother whenever two person meets either of them influence other.... if anyone is saying that they arent influenced they r lying....

wn "A Muslim" meets "Non Muslims"...either muslim impresses non muslim or vice versa....

So if a muslim has strong understanding of his deen, strong faith n blvs that he can influence othe non muslims with his character way of life he should very well live in west n spread the message of peace through his code of conduct....

If the reverse of above is true...its better he shd leave n save his imaan from being influenced by non muslims(WEST).

Wa Salam

:SMILY139::SMILY139:

arzafar

Assalamou Alikom Warahmatou Allah,

I hope tht you are all in good health dear brothers and sisters :)

I just wonna say that as for me I'm no longer in Europe ... I moved ...I escaped from those societies and their evil even though I'm going to miss its good sides.

I've been so blessed to find a very good job in a very good company with a very good salary (actually a tiny fraction of my previous salary but that's OK ) and I'll start very soon.

Wassalam

PS: I know I've been away for so long and I apologize for that :)

congrats brother for making hijra. Actually there is a great reward for doing hijra for the sake of practicing islam.

Also nowadays, living in the west is subject to another serious condition, since several of the western countries are attacking muslim lands in Afghanistan, pakistan. They have already killed at least 100,000 muslims and continue to kill more. This is excluding the million+ killed in iraq!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Please. Please Please..

There is no divide between east and west. How dare you assume that pious and good Muslims do not live in the west. It is just harder for us. We have to hold on to our faith at all times.
There is confusion between politics and individual iman.

If home is the west. The east is not home. What that has to do with my faith I can not answer.

The title is about living peacefully. Yes, we can live very peaceful and productive lives.

How can those who live in the east tolerate the conditions of the ruling classes upon the poor. Do not the ruling classes cause conditions which perpetuate poverty. There are many sell outs.

A person of faith can survive anywhere. Think about it. You don't give dawah to someone who already possesses the faith.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

When I first heard of Islam I was living in the United States. I took my shahada in Morocco then returned to the United States to live for over a year before finally moving to Morocco. I plan to return to the United States as soon as I am able to do so. It is Allah who guides us and it doesnt matter where I live I will ALWAYS have Islam and I will ALWAYS be a Muslim. If it is more difficult to live in a country where Islam is not the predominant religion then it is our duty to inform non-Muslims. I agree with the other members who said Islam is spread by word and example. May Allah use me however he wills to guide whomever he wills. Ameen. I find great satisfaction whenever someone asks me about Islam and I am able to answer their questions.

Isra

aka Tree2008
I understand the need for migration in certain circumstances. For example, I believe it is crucial to migrate if you are allowing your environment to prevent you from carrying out your Islamic obligations. Notice I said YOU are allowing yourself to be prevented. I didn't say the environment was. That's because a true Muslim will practice his or her religion perfectly no matter where they are. However, that doesn't mean it's easy and if a person feels that it would be easier for them to practice in a Muslim country then they should migrate. However, there are many practicing Muslims living in non-Muslim countries who don't allow anything to hinder them from practicing Islam the way they are supposed to. Additionally, when they do this they're providing dawah to non-Muslims and alhamdulillah this is how Islam is becoming the fastest-growing religion in the world.

Basic point? It's fine to migrate to non-Muslim countries, but I believe that as long as you remain steadfast in your iman, you're a benefit to whatever non-Muslim country you're leaving in as they can use more people like that.

As salamo alaikome

Jazakallah khairan for this post sister!!!! I highlighted some of the excellent points you made in my opinion!!! I liked it so much I copied and pasted it in an email to myself as a reminder for when I move back to the USA! May Allah reward you! Ameen!

Isra

aka Tree2008
I like where I live. Yeah, I have white privilege and no one can tell I'm Muslim unless I tell them, so it makes my life much easier than women who wear hijab or people who look arab or south asian, but you're going to encounter prejudice and hatred EVERYWHERE, even in Islamic countries, I'm sure. I'm not oppressed, so I'm not going anywhere.

As salamo alaikome

Sister of course your life is much easier than other Muslims living in the USA! You are not living your life exactly according to Islam so really you cannot understand the impact of what it feels like to be constantly stared at or even threatened by others who view YOU as a threat to their society!

You dont wear hijab sister (even though it is an obligation to all Muslim sisters to do so) which is the reason you feel so comfortable. If you follow Islam the way it is meant to be followed maybe you would understand this thread better. No offence intended but this is my opinion. May Allah forgive me if I have said something wrong.

sachin4islam

Assalam Alaikum:

I personally feel,living in west can render Muslims more cautious towards Deen. Some Muslims might color themselves with western culture,but most (specially parents towards their progenies) would become more careful as regards to following Deen.

Segregation of the world in Islamic and Non-Islamic entities would cause loosening of academic,business, and other ties with west. After all can anyone deny the inventions and discoveries that we (Muslims) enjoy are from them (West).

At last they too are descendent's of Adam (PBUH) and hence we are bound to save them from hellfire. We (Muslims) are representatives of Allah on this planet with some special tasks to carry on in the way of Allah.

Regards.

ammu

we can find some way

Salaamualaikum,

I think if some of our brothers face any challenges in western countries, actually it depends on the situation how troublesome it is or if we have a way to tackle it.

I think all muslims can come together and help the troubled one and all muslims can make one community or locality where many muslims live. It can be near a Mosque and we should remember that we are together and help each other we will strenghen and face the problem upfront with Allah SWT's help.

But if the problem still persists then we can opt the option of migration to other peaceful islamic country.

May Allah protect all muslims around the world and strenghthen our islamic brotherhood INshaallah :tti_sister:

Ammu

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

I don´t see any reason why I should immigrate from my non-muslim land to muslim land only I am muslim. I can be muslim here too and show mercy and truth of Islam to other people.

I use hijab here and don´t meet very much (actually almost nothing) against my faith. Many people when they see my hijab even come to ask me about it and about islam.

:lol:

Shak78

As an American and a Muslim I think that we can live peacefully in the West. Just because a country calls itself an Islamic country does not mean it is in the important aspects of living by the Holy Qu'ran and Hadith and Sunnah. I am proud of the country I am from. I have experienced hardships as a Muslim but still have freedom of speech, religion ect. There are many Muslim countries that live or lived by culture and not Islam ie Taliban in Afghanistan.

Sakeena

As-salaamu Alaikum respected brothers and sisters,

Honestly, I think all the Muslims packing up and moving to Islamic countries isn't a good idea. We would all be isolated from the rest of the world, and, as we all know, it is our duty to give Dawah. That's the beauty of Islam. It's the fastest growing religion in the world. People are flocking to Islam in the thousands. If we did throw a fit and move to Islamic countries, do any of you honestly think that Islam will continue to grow and spread? No, it will blow out like the flame of a candle. The opposite will happen, the Muslim community will get smaller and smaller over time.

Please to do attack us Muslims born/raised in the west. I was born and raised in the States; I don't have any blood ties to any other country let alone an Islamic country. Since my conversion to Islam, I've learned to adapt and to be alert all the time wherever I go, I always know what to expect, I know that people will give me dirty looks because I'm in full hijab. I'm well aware that pork and other unlawful food and drink will be served at any family gettogether or holiday or special occasion. But I know what it's like living in the west before I came to Islam so I'm more tolerant of others and I know how to avoid them by all means necessary (INSHALLAH).

With all the pain and troubles that I've gotten from my own family, I execpt nothing less from this society. However, I know how to use it to my advantage. There are many facilities I can use here that may not be available (or accepted/supported) in Islamic countries that I use for Dawah and sharing Islam to the best of our ability (INSHALLAH).

Yes, I do believe we can live peaceful, prosperous lives in the west. In fact, we ARE living peaceful lives in the west! We are slandered by the media and even the government, but I'm doing my part by living the best Islamic life I can live. I'm not focused on anyone else's Islam. I'm focused on my Islam. Sakeena's Islam. As our love and appreciation for Islam increases our Iman grows stronger, and then we can stand up to anyone!!! I don't fear anyone except ALLAH!!! I am NOT going to runaway in fear because of some nuckleheads hate my faith. I was born in America. This is my home. :hijabi: