friend committed suicide

B.H.

Dear brothers and Sisters.

I had a friend who committed suicide Saturday night.

He is automatically lost or is it still possible he could be forgiven. Does the fact he was a Christian have any bearing on the matter?

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother B.H.

When you say, "Does the fact he was a Christian have any bearing on the matter?", do you mean that he was a Christian before reverting to Islam? Or do you mean that he died as a Christian?

B.H.

Assalamu Alaikum brother B.H.

When you say, "Does the fact he was a Christian have any bearing on the matter?", do you mean that he was a Christian before reverting to Islam? Or do you mean that he died as a Christian?

He died as a Christian. In fact he was a preacher and elder in a denomination called the Church of Christ. Never was a Muslim in the revert sense.

Meraj

Brother
:salam2:

that means he died as disbeliever....so there is no question of forgiveness now.....anybody in shirk wil be never forgiven by ALLAH (SWT)....if he could have accept islam even before death...there was chance that ALLAH (SWT) might have forgiven him......but now we can not even pray for his/her forgiveness....

May ALLAH (SWT) keep us on the right path (aameen)

:wasalam:

hijab_sister

ALLAH is in my heart
salam yeh true brother meraj
non muslims n those muslims who died with shirk won b forgiven ever.
may ALLAH protect us all from shirk.aamin
waslam

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters!

I really hope i will not upset my brothers and sisters by saying that:

Lets not judge before the day of judgement.
And lets leave that to Allah swt who is the Master of the day of judgement.

We can talk about unforgivable sins, but we can't talk about the fate of people.

Without a doubt, shirk (joining someone else in worship with Allah swt) is unforgivable sin,
but who knows in what state of faith did this particualar person leave this world.

Moreover, by coming out with our own judgements, wouldn't we be hurting the feelings of our Muslim brother B.H.?

I hope you won't take me wrong.

Wassalam

"They are not all alike; of the followers of the Book there is an upright party; they recite Allah's communications in the nighttime and they adore (Him)."
3:13

ASA,

It's sad to see someone commit suicide. I am assuming there was a loss of hope, solitariness, disparity and perhaps depression. I Wish he came and talked to a Muslim. He would known better not to commit this haram act.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
ASA,

It's sad to see someone commit suicide. I am assuming there was a loss of hope, solitariness, disparity and perhaps depression. I Wish he came and talked to a Muslim. He would known better not to commit this haram act.

Salam,

Maybe he did talk to a Muslim and maybe he was told about Islam and that the act of comming suicide is haram. We just dont know what his last moments were. Allah knows best what he will do.

Salam

Sakeena

My 2 Cents

Why would he commit suicide?? You know, Christians always talk about being "saved" and that no matter what happens, they will go 2 heaven cuz Christ died for their sins. It's so crazy. :girl3:

salam,

Sakeena

:SMILY252: MY BIRTHDAY:SMILY252:

khalillulah

since he died while in shirk he will never be forgiven, but if he will receive pun ishment or mercy from allah. then ALLAH is the best jugde.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

We can talk about unforgivable sins, but we can't talk about the fate of people.

Without a doubt, shirk (joining someone else in worship with Allah swt) is unforgivable sin,
but who knows in what state of faith did this particualar person leave this world.

Moreover, by coming out with our own judgements, wouldn't we be hurting the feelings of our Muslim brother B.H.?

Wassalam

"They are not all alike; of the followers of the Book there is an upright party; they recite Allah's communications in the nighttime and they adore (Him)."

I agree totally i try and say this all the time well put subhanallah allah is the judger of all and he knows best

TO ALLAH WE BELONG AND TO HIM WE SHALL RETURN!!!!

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender

Brother Khalilullah, how do you expect brother B.H will feel after reading your reply.

Remember, he is your muslim brother and came here to get some sort of support from his brothers and sisters in Islam.

Wassalam

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalaamu alaikum,

I agree that only Allaah swt knows in what state (a non-believer or believer) dies. BUT we're talking about committing suicide here right? So the issue of being a believer or not before he died is not the issue. Unless ofcourse if there's a foul play.

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever throws himself down from a mountain and kills himself will be in the Fire of Hell, throwing himself down therein for ever and ever. Whoever takes poison and kills himself, his poison will be in his hand and he will be sipping it in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever. Whoever kills himself with a piece of iron, that piece of iron will be in his hand and he will be stabbing himself in the stomach with it in the Fire of Hell, for ever and ever.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5442; Muslim, 109.

abou_el_walid

that remind me one day when a muslim brought his chritian friend to me at Assuna Mosque in Montreal and told me ; this person was going to commit suicide ; he tried every thing in his life and has found no meaning for it ;; and i asked him to try islam if it doesnt work with your happiness i will help you in this matter /commit suicide
and he asked me to explain him all about islam ;; al hamdulilah i took long time explaining him and he accepted Islam ;;

and the other person who brought him to me was muslim by name ;; no prayer no worship ;; so make him accepting islam too

we had a programme of brotherhood between good brothers and new converted ;; to live with him eat with him ; go out with him ;; and worship Allah together ,,; al hamdulilah this new muslim became so happy in his new life ;; may Allah keep us all in the right path ;;

so dear brothers and sisters if you know some one around you who trust you ;; please try to talk to him about accepting islam because you never know that s so possible that he ll became a muslim by just asking him ;;

most perons who brought someone to accept islam when i was Canada was not our GOOD brothers ;; most of them was some one who was born muslim but dont pray and too much siners ;;
if they can bring them to islam you will do it better inshallah ; believe me ;;

in the matter of the person who commited suicide chritian ;; we dont know his reallity ;; so perhaps ;; and perhaps ;; we talk in generally ( kufr al
mo3ayan and kufr al naw3 )
and other thing ;; who didnt know clearly about islam they will have other test in the day of judgement

Asking Allah to keep us in the right path

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother B.H. ,

You posted the following in post #3:

He died as a Christian. In fact he was a preacher and elder in a denomination called the Church of Christ. Never was a Muslim in the revert sense.

Allah has mentioned in the Qur'an that whoever dies as a disbeliever, the his abode will be in Hell forever. Having said that, a condition for this to apply is that the message of Islam has reached this person in a clear and undistorted way, and then he or she died as a non Muslim.

So, we could say -in general terms without applying this ruling to a specific person- that anyone who dies as a non Muslim -after the message of Islam reached him in a clear and undistorted way- will enter Hell to dwell therein forever.

However, has this Christian preacher received the message of Islam in a clear and undistorted way? We do not know, and that is why we cannot say for certain where he will end up.

The only way to know for certain that a specific person will end up in Heaven or Hell is if there's a Qur'anic verse of an authentic saying of the prophet [peace be upon him] stating that this specific person will enter Heaven or Hell.

For example, we know from Surat Al-Massad [one of the small chapters of the Qur'an] that the Prophet's uncle Abu Lahab and his wife will dwell in Hell.

Please click on the following links to read more about this topic:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30021&postcount=10
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60295&postcount=23
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=60388&postcount=29

I believe after you read the posts accessed by the links above, you'll -God willing-have much more information about his subject.

Best regards,

Bluegazer

Wassalamu Alaikum

liaa

Wassalam

Aprove and sustain!! :):shymuslima1:

B.H.

I would only be offended if I felt anyone here was being dishonest with me.

God knows what is best.

If my friend is in hell, it was his own fault.

If he may possibly be saved it is due to God's grace.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

this topic reminds me of something that happened locally in the bronx. a 7 year old boy with no known health conditions, went to the bathroom at school, and he just died. no foul play or suicide was comitted. when ALLAH SWT decides it is time for your soul to depart it will depart. that's why reflecting on death should be a major focus point for us muslims. are we ready to meet ALLAH SWT? it's so so important that we make taubah to ALLAH SWT because we never know when we are leaving this world.

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..

I am sorry to hear that B.H. I really dont know your friend situation, but similar issue happened to my uncle in a city called Bradford U.K on March 2003. On that particular day, he was getting ready to go back home in order to get married. So he withdrew all his savings from the bank, got his luggage ready. He was burnt to death, using gas and matches. However only his head and chest got burnt. He was found setting down on a chair (Is that possible??). Its impossible to remain in your seat (in the basement) and commit suicide without falling to the ground. The police said he commit suicide to close the case, but all the evidence shows that it was clearly murder... There are many examples of him ''muslims'' where their cases was simply closed and labelled as suicide, where in fact it was murder.....

sorry I got carried away.. Inshallah be patience B.H.,

wa la howla wa la qowata ila billah.