Going CRAZY!!!!

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome........

Ok so my fast is going GREAT all day long. I work in a grocery store selling food all morning but I still feel fine and the food is not tempting me too much. Then I get to my 2nd job and the supervisors are in until 5:00pm so the girls I work with are just munching on candy and chips........still no problem for me my will power is very strong when I need it to be.

Then the supervisors leave and these 3 monsters I work with (hahahaha just kidding) go across the street and bring back HUGE hamburgers, fries and drinks that smell WONDERFULLLLLLLLLLLL in this office that just got that much smaller. They sat all around me and ate and I can hear them chompin and slurpin and Im going CRAZYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Hahahaha but STILL my will power is so strong. I have an hour and a half before I am able to break my fast but Im holding on!!!!! Just needed to share my dilema!!!!! :girl3:

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
wa alaikom Assalam

off too bad ppl .. they must respect u !! did u tell them u r fasting ?

I suggest to change ur place when they eat , that's better .

and remember the reward of Allah

Happy breakfast .. exactly when u break it I'll stop eating and drinking :)

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
aww, ur dilema is of mine, I have 2small children whom I have to cook for and give water and juice and snack tooo.... but I to is stong jus hold on its almost time abt 26mins to be almost exact lol

Isra

aka Tree2008
wa alaikom Assalam

off too bad ppl .. they must respect u !! did u tell them u r fasting ?

I suggest to change ur place when they eat , that's better .

and remember the reward of Allah

Happy breakfast .. exactly when u break it I'll stop eating and drinking :)

Are you kidding me? They cant even control the words that come out of their mouths and I am here wearing hijab. They know my religion and they know I am fasting but they have no respect for anything. That is pretty typical of most people here in this country though.

Its impossible to move to a place away from them when they are eating because we have one room with a bunch of desks that face each other so I am right by them at all times when I am working. Its not so much the food itself but the SMELL that got me going crazy! hahahaha but Im ok I just felt like complaining because I am feeling a bit irritated today. :shymuslima1:

I know sweet little sister........you told me before that we are at opposite ends of the fasting time line. I will make dua for you little one....just as I do every time I break the fast! :hearts:

Isra

aka Tree2008
aww, ur dilema is of mine, I have 2small children whom I have to cook for and give water and juice and snack tooo.... but I to is stong jus hold on its almost time abt 26mins to be almost exact lol

Jazakallah khairan honey its so nice to know at least that Im not the only one with this problem!!!! I just told the girl beside me that I feel really irritated today and she asked me why so I told her "I have a headache and my neck hurts and Im HUNGRY" so she was sympathetic towards me and said "well if I couldnt eat I would be really **** (bad words). But at least she had sympathy in her voice for my feelings.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

Good to know that your fasts are going well Alhumdulilah :)

May Allah swt make it easy for us Ameen.

Then the supervisors leave and these 3 monsters I work with (hahahaha just kidding) go across the street and bring back HUGE hamburgers, fries and drinks that smell WONDERFULLLLLLLLLLLL in this office that just got that much smaller.

Sometimes I get tempted by fast food too.. Not in Ramadan I mean.. just in general. :redface:.

I dont know if this is going to help but I will try. Well look at this way, even if you arent fasting, you can't eat what they are eating. I mean the hamburger etc doesn't serve halaal meat so we cant eat there anyways.

Maybe if you try telling yourself this then it will be easy for you Insha'Allah. :)

They sat all around me and ate and I can hear them chompin and slurpin and Im going CRAZYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Hahahaha but STILL my will power is so strong. I have an hour and a half before I am able to break my fast but Im holding on!!!!! Just needed to share my dilema!!!!! :girl3:

As sister KSA_lover mentioned, you might want to inform them that you are fasting and they might be courteous enough to not infront of you ! :)

Btw, just today I was offered coffee and a cold water bottle at a place that in this summer time.. lol.. I just smiled at the guy.

Hopefully it's easy for all of us if we remember that we are doing all this to seek the pleasure of Allah swt. :)

:wasalam:

Isra

aka Tree2008
That is disrespectful. Sorry you had to go through that :/
It's okay, think of all the nasty fat they're ingesting. YUCK!

New Ramadan word for you: borborygmi

:)

No really brother I made this thread to be funny. I dont expect non-Muslims to respect anything about Islam. Seriously Im surprised when they ask me questions (like first time they saw me in hijab) and they are actually sincere. But its ok I dont expect much from anyone here. I think its very sad actually. I feel sorry for them more than for myself. :shymuslima1:

Isra

aka Tree2008

Good to know that your fasts are going well Alhumdulilah :)

May Allah swt make it easy for us Ameen.

Sometimes I get tempted by fast food too.. Not in Ramadan I mean.. just in general. :redface:.

I dont know if this is going to help but I will try. Well look at this way, even if you arent fasting, you can't eat what they are eating. I mean the hamburger etc doesn't serve halaal meat so we cant eat there anyways.

Maybe if you try telling yourself this then it will be easy for you Insha'Allah. :)

As sister KSA_lover mentioned, you might want to inform them that you are fasting and they might be courteous enough to not infront of you ! :)

Btw, just today I was offered coffee and a cold water bottle at a place that in this summer time.. lol.. I just smiled at the guy.

Hopefully it's easy for all of us if we remember that we are doing all this to seek the pleasure of Allah swt. :)

Jazakallah khairan brother. Isnt it amazing how our love for our creator makes us strong when normally we would be weak???

If you are talking about halal meat I dont think there is such a thing in this country. None of the meat here is halal according to Islam. Nothing is blessed when it is cut. So what can I eat then?:girl3:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Jazakallah khairan brother. Isnt it amazing how our love for our creator makes us strong when normally we would be weak???

If you are talking about halal meat I dont think there is such a thing in this country. None of the meat here is halal according to Islam. Nothing is blessed when it is cut. So what can I eat then?:girl3:

:salam2: sister

Well I am in Texas and there are some shops that sell Halaal meat here. And in big cities like Houston , Dallas etc there are restaurants that serve halaal meat.

I presume you live somewhere in the US, so I am giving you 2 links to find it out for your location. Insha'Allah it of some help. :)

Muslim Map has pretty much everything. You can use the drop down menu to look for groceries, restaurants , muslim businesses etc etc

http://www.muslimap.com/

Zabihah is more about restaurants. The major plus is that fellow muslims review them so that helps a lot.

http://www.zabihah.com/

Hope this helps, dear sister.:)

Isra

aka Tree2008
:salam2: sister

Well I am in Texas and there are some shops that sell Halaal meat here. And in big cities like Houston , Dallas etc there are restaurants that serve halaal meat.

I presume you live somewhere in the US, so I am giving you 2 links to find it out for your location. Insha'Allah it of some help. :)

Muslim Map has pretty much everything. You can use the drop down menu to look for groceries, restaurants , muslim businesses etc etc

http://www.muslimap.com/

Zabihah is more about restaurants. The major plus is that fellow muslims review them so that helps a lot.

http://www.zabihah.com/

Hope this helps, dear sister.:)

Jazakallah khairan dear brother and I will check it out for my area. Yes I live in the USA.......in South Western Michigan just east of Chicago on the other side of Lake Michigan. Have you heard of Notre Dame? I live about 20 miles north of the campus.

Ok brother I am laughing so hard right now. I went to that link you gave me for the Muslim map and guess what 0 results on ALL entries!!!! hahahaha apparently there are no Muslims where I live! No thats not true Im joking. Actually though I just thought about it I have met 2 Muslim women at the store where I work and they buy their groceries there which includes meat so Muslims here are eating non-halal food. The only reason I knew the women were Muslim is because they were wearing hijab.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Jazakallah khairan dear brother and I will check it out for my area. Yes I live in the USA.......in South Western Michigan just east of Chicago on the other side of Lake Michigan. Have you heard of Notre Dame? I live about 20 miles north of the campus.

Lol sister.. yes I have heard of Notre Dame. Quick google search.. Muslim student association at Notre dame.. [email protected] .. you should get in touch :D.
Ok brother I am laughing so hard right now. I went to that link you gave me for the Muslim map and guess what 0 results on ALL entries!!!! hahahaha apparently there are no Muslims where I live!

I just put in Notre Dame, IN in there and got 0 results too.. Umm sister, looks like you have to do something. ;)

No thats not true Im joking. Actually though I just thought about it I have met 2 Muslim women at the store where I work and they buy their groceries there which includes meat so Muslims here are eating non-halal food. The only reason I knew the women were Muslim is because they were wearing hijab.

Sister, some non-muslim groceries/supermarkets stock some halaal meat. I guess your's doesnt . But maybe you can find out in neighboring areas.

Maybe you can make a trip to Chicago once a month and stock up all that halaal food ! :D..

Good luck sis :)

Isra

aka Tree2008
Maybe you can make a trip to Chicago once a month and stock up all that halaal food ! :D..

Good luck sis :)

Jazakallah khairan brother. I did find a sunni orthodox center near me with that map of yours. I will need to go and check that out. Its only about 2 miles from my job.:holaaa:

Ebn-El-Islam

Oh No need to go crazy we need you here :p .

Always think that you are doing something for Allah. Don't give them your attention - and you should be ok

May Allah help you.

q8penpals

Salam

I think I will tell my hubby that I want hamburger and fries for dinner tonight - that sounds sooooooo gooooooood! :-D

Manaal_e_Afghan

Walaikum salaam wr wb

Oops How Mean Ppl Lolz
yaa Right
They Must respect you and Remember Jannah is Not for free
InshAllah may Allah swt reward You With Jannatul Firdous
Ammeen

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
As salamo alaikome........

Ok so my fast is going GREAT all day long. I work in a grocery store selling food all morning but I still feel fine and the food is not tempting me too much. Then I get to my 2nd job and the supervisors are in until 5:00pm so the girls I work with are just munching on candy and chips........still no problem for me my will power is very strong when I need it to be.

Then the supervisors leave and these 3 monsters I work with (hahahaha just kidding) go across the street and bring back HUGE hamburgers, fries and drinks that smell WONDERFULLLLLLLLLLLL in this office that just got that much smaller. They sat all around me and ate and I can hear them chompin and slurpin and Im going CRAZYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Hahahaha but STILL my will power is so strong. I have an hour and a half before I am able to break my fast but Im holding on!!!!! Just needed to share my dilema!!!!! :girl3:

WOW... Sister you are gathering some real heavy duty Ajar :ma:

I have to deal with all these smell too during lunch time because many people eat their lunch in their office these days. Yesterday I was in a "lunch meeting"... Businesses these days are finding new ways of loading work on people, so they came up with these lunch meetings. So here I was sitting with people around me who were eating lunch while I was not. It is hard.

Believe me sister after a week or so you will get used to it and you will not feel as much as you are feeling now. And after Ramadan you will look back and say... Hmmm it was not that bad or difficult as you thought it would be.

Other people (non-Muslims) get impressed and are amazed how we do it. This also creates a good dawah opportunity.

Keep it up sister.