hadith

natasha

I have read some bad things about Muhammad. Many of the hadith I read seemed bad.
How do you know a bad hadith and why would a bad one be written ?

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
salam:)

hi natasha thnx for ur question. u said bad hadiths then i'm sure it was changed by some muslim haters. i have few hadiths at my house which belong to my aunt and its written in Arabic. i can read arabic but i can't understand it. i think it would be better for u to write the hadith and post it. because they are lots of brothers and sisters who read the hadiths and are really good at it. so maybe they can correct ur mistakes whatever u got it from. our beloved prophet(PBUH) was the kindest creature that ever steped on earth and he will always be insha Allah. Alhamdulilah(praise be to god)

they are lots of hadiths that i really liked that were posted on this forum so maybe u should search around. and remember post the bad hadiths that u have read so the brothers and sisters would help u.

once again thnx for asking
:hijabi:waslam(peace)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Hi there natasha...

welcome to TTI...I appreciate you taking the time to learn about Islam and ask questions...

concerning hadith...

there are some key things which you can pick at to know if a hadith is valid or authentic...

For starters...hadiths in Arabic and those translated in English normally have the list of narrators listed out...

Ex. blank (name of person) related from blank who related from blank who related from blank who heard/saw/or related from the prophet of Allah (pbuh)......................... and then you get the details of the hadith...

Another key is...almost all of the sources of authenticated hadith are recited in DETAIL..meaning...you will see at the end of the hadith something like this...

Ex. (Sahih Bukhari) or (Sahih Muslim) or (Sunan Abo Dawood)..etc. and then you see the volume number of the book of the compiled hadiths..followed by the page number and the hadith number...

One more factor is...different narrations...when a hadith is quoted...if there are several narrations to it (which happens sometimes...if say..the hadith concerns an issue which the prophet (pbuh) was asked about several times)...the difference are normally very minor...a word added at the end...or the longer or FULL version of it...

The last thing I will point out...is the TONE and LANGUAGE of the hadith...the Prophet (pbuh)...possessed what we call in Arabic *Fasahat Al Lisan*...which would roughly translate to *eloquence of the tongue*...he would describe an entire situation in three or four words (pbuh)..giving you a description..a reasoning..and/or a solution or fatwa altogether...without any difficulties and without taking away from its worth...and should he make a lengthy statement...his word choice was always very striking and very lingually advanced...even though he was an illiterate...and learned men could not speak as eloquently as he did (pbuh)...and that was a miracle in itself...and it is mentioned in the Qura'an that the Prophet (pbuh) spoke what Allah inspired him to speak:

Nor does he say (aught) of (his own) Desire.
It is no less than inspiration sent down to him: He was taught by one Mighty in Power. ~*~The Star:3-5~*~

Now what I recommend to you is that you hang around here...and try to find threads where authentic hadiths are quoted...that way you will get a *feel* of what I mentioned...and after a while...you will develop what I call an *initial sense* towards hadiths...if you come across one...you will immediately get suspicious if it's not authentic...and then you can go and reasearch it's authenticity..and if you had developed your skill well...you will be right with your *initial sense* almost all the time!

I apologize for making this lengthy..but I wanted to give you simple pointers..and I hope that the other brothers and sisters who are more knowledgeable than I...will elaborate on the matter with more details...

Take Care & See You Around

salahdin

there are always enemy of islam out there,people who dont want to hear the truth nor will they want justice done in this world. Thats why we have authentic hadith which shows who narrated it or through who .

nori suja'i

salam natasha,
could u give some examples of the hadiths that u say 'bad' at least? so that we can find out wheather its genuine or false.

tabaria

:salam2:

I would just like to point out. That in olden times people where not allowed to study the hadith unless they memorized the entire Quran.

Even mohammed (pbuh) warned against studying his narrations until the Quran and its message was complete.

Now a days everyone is referencing hadiths. I'm looking at my Bukhari collection. It has 9 volumes, with the english translations. How can you possibly grasp all of that without first mastering Quran?

Lower standards don't help anyone.

:wasalam:

tarannumsamir

sister natasha very good question.
i would suggest,if u have the time to read then please read the holy quran with the translation and meaning, with context.the holy quran itself is capable to clear all the doubts that a human beings possibly can have.
after that the most authentic is the sahih hadeeth.i.e sahih al buhari.
and as to ur question,why would a bad one be written,for that i can only say,all the good and famous have critics. right ?