I just want to be happy :(

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,me,Isearched for my happiness far from me,cause my life was very sad,I suffered physical and moral pain.but bigger was my sadness and biggest became my happiness.I knew the strenght of Allah,Who gave me everything I didn't aspect.I have a beautiful family,a home in which to live,children...but is Allah He Who let me be happy,cause it isn't richness,it isn't family or anything else,that can make you happy:it is just Allah.maybe you are searching for something far,but instead it is very close to you.

safiya58

:salam2:
Inshaalah you will always be happy in your life sister hayat84. and also in the next life. Your words are just heart trembling :SMILY252:
:wasalam:

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
salam alaykum

Remember:

Allah can give the world (il dunya) to someone He doesn't love and to someone that He loves, but hte guidance, (Islam, the religion) He gives it only to the one that Allah loves.
So we realise firstly that we have a great gift given to us.

We are human beings and as human beings we need the help of Allah subhana wa ta'ala. So we need His help in every step in our life. Allah says:

O mankind! it is you who stand in need of Allah, but Allah is Rich (Free of all wants and needs), Worthy of all praise. (Faatir 35: 15)

And the Messenger of Allah -salallahu alayhi wa sallam- has said:
Know Allah when you have bounty and He will help you when you are in difficulties.

This need, that we have for Allah subhana wa ta'ala can be obtained in 2 ways:

1) Understanding the Greatness of Allah, subhana wa ta'ala.

Because what Allah wills happen, and nothing can oppose His will. More we know Allah, His beautiful Names and His Attributes more we know Him and we direct our heart toward Allah for help in every moment.
Knowing that He is Al Aziz (The Almighty, The Self Sufficient, The Most Honorable) - we make du'a to Allah to give us force,
knowing that He is al Ghafur (The All Forgiving) - We ask Allah to forgive us for our sins, for our mistakes
knowing that He is Al-Mujīb (The Responsive, The Answerer) - We ask Allah to rsolve our problems, our thoughts
So knowing Allah, is the solution for every problem that we have, because knowing His Names, we know Him better, and we can ask to Allah calling Him by one of His names for resolving our problems.

And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allah, so call on Him by them ... (Al A'raaf 7: 180)

2) We must know our weakness.

Human being is weak, imagine that there is no water, or no air... we would imediately die... We are weak till the begining og our creation, when we are babies, and when we see into ourself we realise that something is missing to us. That's why we need Allahs help.

So let man see from what he is created! He is created from a water gushing forth. Proceeding from between the back-bone and the ribs. Verily, (Allah) is Able to bring him back (to life)! The Day when all the secrets (deeds, prayers, fasting, etc.) will be examined (as to their truth). Then will (man) have no power, nor any helper.(At Taariq 86: 5-10)

Realising that Allah is the most Powerful, the Creator, the Seerer, the All Knower, we ask to Him for the solution of our problems because we know that we are weak, and that we can not be happy if our soul is not happy, and the soul will feel the peace only when we submit to Allah hte Almighty, to the way of the Messenger of Allah-salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

Imam Ibn al Qayyim -rahimehullah- has said:
The heart does not earn what desires (does not feel happy) until it is connected to her God. It is not possible for the heart to reach her God if it is not healthy and healthy. And it can be reached only by winning against its own desire, because its desire is the illness whether objection of desire is the cure. If the illness dominates (if we seek our desires) they win, but if the objection dominates (so we win over the desire) we reach the Jannah and further our hear reach the Jannah of this world too, the abundance of whom is not similar to any other kind of abundance.

A man came to a believer and said to him:
Hapiness for me is as the dream of last night, where I saw a beautifu girl, with long hairs, and she was smily, and perfect. Nad I was happy looking her.
The believer said:
Happiness is nearer to real experience and being mature than being ignorant or being deceived.
happiness is nearer to mature age then juvenile (being youth) where shaytan whisper more to you.
Happiness has the meaning of sufficing and feeling peace and calm, it is not a noise or a scream.
Happiness is a taste, an emotion, awareness, consciousness, sensibleness inside the heart of the man.

We can not make a real definition or a picture to it.
Happiness is a smile to another Muslim;
Happiness is saying good words and mentioning Allah with honesty, mentioning Him by a real and clean tongue;
Happiness is beating of the tolerant heart for another Muslim;
Happiness is giving a gift and not mentioning how big or important it is;
Happiness is removing a problem by Allah (when we make a du'a to him);
Happiness is reaching Jannah after a struggle, an effort in this life, feeling then the peace and the success.

So we can find happiness only by following the Prophets way.

Ibn al Qayyim has said in the Book Happiness and Suffer

If the man goes to sleep and awake in the morning aiming no-one but Allah, Allah will undertake all his suffering, all his needs, and will clear out his heart so that he loves only Allah, his tongue speaks only about Allah, and his limbs respect only Allah.

If the man goes to sleep and awake without mentioning Allah having as a goal the world (dunya), Allah let the suffering in him, the difficulties and leave this person alone. His heart is engaged by the love for the others but not by the love for Allah; his tongue talks about the people it doesn't talk about Allah; his limbs get tired by working for the others and doesn't have time to respect Allah.

Inshallah Allah helps us in Islam, and make us overcome our problems.
Salam Alaykum

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam
An advicei got from ustad hussein yee(Al-khadim,Malaysia)
A muslim should always be prepared to change his erorrs and to be updated.
So actually Im writing.....
I was wondering for somedays that how a poor man(a pious...like Imaam,Muaddhin,or a very righteous man....as they donot earn a lot likea doctor/engineer....(especially in my country in Bangladesh))can be happy with his life?I was wondering!!
But I've seen glow in their face...Masha'allah...even observed some rickshaw-puller(three-wheeler paddled vehicle...most common in Bangladesh and south-east asia)so happy and free-minded and glow in their face...that glow that we dont have....
And I discovered that....when you truely beleive in Allah SWT,Allah azzawajal puts the vertue of "being happy what he has"....Allah SWT gives him/her the power of Sabr also.

And that leads a happy life....inshallah
Hope a logical answer.....and way ofcourse....

Jazakallahu Khairn wa barakallahu feekum
Wassalam

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
As-salaamu'alaykum,

WHY is it so hard to be happy with what we have...with less.....? WHY do we have a yearning for more...?

I cant recall the exact words of the Hadeeth I'm thinking of but it was basically stating that if the son of Adam had a valley of gold, he would desire to have two.
Its just our nature to want more and more.

Wassalaam

WithAllahsPowers

WE ARE PROTECTED
im really really ill. its taken a sheikh months to read quran on me to help me with my situation. i was depressed and there are days where i still feel depressed and say 'why me, why does this happen to me, i cant see a future for me, i want another baby, i want to work, be able read quran without shaking, make dua without being speechless. i want to do all this but i cant' and i cry and cry and cry. but the crying is not enough i feel i want to cry more but my illness prevents me.

so my point is, im not asking for a fancy car, a big house etc, im asking for a good future regarding religion and for allah to help me with reading quran and making dua. i find this the most important for me. i cry becasue i dont have it. but at the same time, my 2 children and my wonderful husband are more than enough for me to live on.

one day i gave up on life, i gave up on fighting this illness and said to Allah to just take my heart i cant live like this. i was so exhausted and upset and angry etc. i was on the internet reading quran during this time too. then this web page popped up on my internet and i read it and it was a sign and addressed to me. i summarised points i now read everyday and live by it:

Al-Ibtilaa' (Allah's Tests)

Al-Ibtilaa' means to be tried or tested. Allah tests us with wealth, plenty, ease and power just as He tests us with poverty, hardship and oppression. Al-Ibtilaa' is a sunnah of Allah Most High. Throughout history, Allah has tested the bearers of His messages and others among His slaves.

-The test of Allah can be very hard,

-a believer may continue to be tested until he has no sin remaining.

-And we will surely test you with some fear,

-But give good tidings to the steadfast

-We belong to Allah and to Him we return."

-If you are steadfast and beware of Allah, that is the strongest position.}

-Allah warns us of some of the hardships we will definitely face as Muslims in this world.

-If we are steadfast and conscious of Allah and His complete power over all things, these tests will only increase us in belief and in effort to raise the Word of Allah uppermost in this earth.

-Allah commands the Muslims to face their enemy with courage

-Allah has warned that whoever flees from the fight in fear has earned the anger of Allah and will find hell-fire to be his abode in the hereafter.

-But Allah wishes to test us with the physical fighting and to raise the believers to a highter level and grant them a generous reward.

-Al-Anbiyaa: 35
Ibn Abbas said about this verse: "We will test you with hardship and with ease, with good health and with sickness, with wealth and with poverty, with the halaal and with the haraam, with obedience and with disobedience and with right guidance and with misguidance - in order that we may establish how you have shown gratitude (for the "good" tests) and how you have remained steadfast (in the face of the "bad" tests)." And unto us you will return - so that Allah will reward each and every soul according to their actions.

-Everything which happens is good for him. And that is for no one except the believer.

-"if he encounters hardship he is steadfast and that is good for him."

-"Whoever complains about a calamity which comes his way it is as if he has complained against his Lord."

-'Beware of taking your troubles to other than Allah

-"I only raise my distress and my grief to Allah". So, make Allah the one to whom you take your troubles and your grief when anything bad happens to you. He is the most gracious of those who are asked and the closest of those who are called."

-Our Lord! Do not place upon us that which is beyond our ability. And pardon us. And forgive us. And have mercy on us. You are our Protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people."

this is what i believe i am going through. a test / trial. im facing my enemies with courage and i will fight to win. i will take all my troubles to Allah and Allah only. this is what makes me happy. so when you feel life is not enough, read this and you will see what you have is because you make it what you have and you dont really really see all the good you have. be possitive with everything, its the key to happiness. :ma:

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatuallahi wa barakatuh,

MashaAllaah dearest brothers and sisters.

I can see that we, Muslimeen and Muslimaat are actually struggling hard and always being tested by Allaah as it is a sign of His Love and Mercies upon us.

Have Allaah not said in one of His beautiful ayaat that "Do you think we will let you say, "I have believed" and not test your faith?"

SubhanaAllaah wa bi hamdihi. We really should try to sit quietly for a second, think back of all the ABUNDANCE of blessings He has showered upon us - that of which we never say Alhamdulillah to Allaah and never feel grateful about it and always try to look at other who are less, less fortunate than us. That way, MashaAllaah, it will automatically bring a smile to us, a deep of thankfulness to Allaah subhanahu wa Ta'ala even for the slightest and smallest thing. If we ever try to count His Blessings and Mercies upon us, we will NEVER succeed.

Know that tests, trials, tribulation and hardships will never stop coming and "passing" by into our life until the last day we are on this world. This world is a place for a'mal, for us to plant our seeds and The Akhirah is the place to gain our rewards of every single difficulties that we face here and the place to pluck the flowers.

Rabiah al-Adawiyah once made dua'a to Allaah that she is not doing an extraordinary worship to Allaah because of her fear of the Hellfire or because her wish to enter al-Jannah, but because out of her love to Allaah subhanahu wa Taa'la. MashaAllaah.

So, dearest brothers and sisters, let us hold on to The Rope of Allaah tightly, seek for His Forgiveness and Blessings and always smile at the end of the day, after the unbearable pain and hurt that we've been going through.

Remember that Allaah is always with us and that He is always with the patience people
إن الله مع الصبرين :)

Wassalam.

safiya58

Salam
An advicei got from ustad hussein yee(Al-khadim,Malaysia)
A muslim should always be prepared to change his erorrs and to be updated.
So actually Im writing.....
I was wondering for somedays that how a poor man(a pious...like Imaam,Muaddhin,or a very righteous man....as they donot earn a lot likea doctor/engineer....(especially in my country in Bangladesh))can be happy with his life?I was wondering!!
But I've seen glow in their face...Masha'allah...even observed some rickshaw-puller(three-wheeler paddled vehicle...most common in Bangladesh and south-east asia)so happy and free-minded and glow in their face...that glow that we dont have....
And I discovered that....when you truely beleive in Allah SWT,Allah azzawajal puts the vertue of "being happy what he has"....Allah SWT gives him/her the power of Sabr also.

And that leads a happy life....inshallah
Hope a logical answer.....and way ofcourse....

Jazakallahu Khairn wa barakallahu feekum
Wassalam

yes this is exactly what I want to be independent from material stuff. I don´t want to leave my desires. I just don´t want my happyness to depend on them.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam watahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Oh yeah! I am happy with what I have, and you can be happy with what you have too. :)

Really today is a very special day in my educational life. Alhamdhulillah! Alhamdhulillah! :) So happy and satisfied with the help of Allah on our horrible problems.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

safiya58

@ WithAllahsPowers, sister I´m really speechless. May Allah give you speed recovery. You´re a strong beliver mashaallah :SMILY252:

and to all of you guys jazak Allahu ckair.

Brother besmiralalbani when reading your post I get goosebumps. Specially the last part. This is refering to me...

And sister aisya humaira thak you for your encouragement. Everything you said is true. Sometimes I forget so easily the reason why I´m here on earth....

safiya58

wa'alaikumussalam watahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Oh yeah! I am happy with what I have, and you can be happy with what you have too. :)

Really today is a very special day in my educational life. Alhamdhulillah! Alhamdhulillah! :) So happy and satisfied with the help of Allah on our horrible problems.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I´m happy to know you are happay. Mashaallah. Jazak Allahu ckair for your positive words.

sal12

jazak Allahu ckair sister sal12 for reposting Brother Abu Talib´s thread just for me :hearts: that is so cute of you :)

the replies may seem simple but they work out great. The advice of the brothers/sisters here (to praise Allah for everything we own, to repent, to be aware of Allah, to love Allah more than any other thing, to know that your aim is to enter jannah) are matters of the heart. They are not mere lip/body actions. And it is not easy to train the heart.

if you just pray with your body but your heart is somewhere else you can not find inner peace.

I know from my past experience that repentance can bring you closer to Allah.

I advice you and me and anyone to train our hearts. For example in natural surroundings one can feel close to Allah.

Sister our problem is we are not concious that when we are praying we are talking to Allah Subanallahu Teala. And what do we know about Allah whom we are praising...?

Reading tefsir of Quran can soften ones heart or deciding to get to know Allah as much as He allows us to know Him (reading tefsir of Asma al Husna)

Hope that someone can give you a better advice on how to train the heart. I´ve the knowledge but it is hard for me to put in practice :(

Last but not least never ever say that you are nosy. You are our sister. :hearts:

Jazakallahu khayr for your response safiya! I've read everyone's post and I've concluded that in order to be happy it's a matter of patience, trust in Allah, carrying out good deeds including worshipping Allah with full sincerity, repenting from bad sins and to know that if we do all of this we will be tried and tested even more but it would be ok because if we pass these tests our sins would be forgiven and that's real happiness!

I guess I find it really difficult to let go of this world! This seems to be the cause of why I'm not often content. I need to keep remembereing constantly that this life is - as Allah calls it - an illusion and a deception, as our real homes and permanent lives will be in the hereafter! So I really need to get closer to Allah insha'allah and not to concentrate too much in this life. It's all common sense really and it's stuff we've been taught all our life!

Jazakallahu khayr everyone for your replies! And jazakallahu khayr safiya58 for starting this thread! May Allah make all the TTI members and all Muslims in the world happy and content in this life and in the hereafter! Ameen!

safiya58

:salam2: sister sal12,

I know how hard it is to "get rid" of this world. Cuz I´m struggling myself with it.
It is really not easy to leave the world. Specially not when you are in an environment where nobody is thinking about the hereafter...
I confess sometimes I just I can not imagine that I´ll die... I mean I know it is a fact and I know there is a life after death... but it sems like a fairy tale... like Alice in wonderland.... but on the other side even if you have everything you want in this world there will remain an emptiness in your heart... I know it...

I don´t know what I can say to you... You are right you´ve to struggle hard. And noone can take your burden away. Only Allah can. I want to advice a book to you: In the Early Hours: Reflections on Spiritual and Self Development (Khurram Murad) Hope it will be helpfull. Her is the link:

http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/In the Early Hours.pdf

I wish to see you succeed in this life and in your next life inshaallah.
Take care.

sal12

Jazakallahu khayr safiya58 but I've already got that book :D and it is a good book but I haven't read it in ages! I do need to read it again so thanks for reminding me!

safiya58

wow that´s funny that you allready have this book... :) To be honest I too wanted to finish it a long long time ago.... I´ve started but not finishes so I better advice myself to read it :eek:

Ameera

Seeking allah
I have noticed, though that when I stray ( I mean get lazy with my religion), Allah takes away something in my life that made me happy. So, if we want to be happy, we shouldn't stray!!!!! We should thank Allah for His "na3ma" or He will take it away.

Wa Allahu aalem, your sister in Islam

this is exactly how i feel, when i stray from the deen this inner happiness diminishes and can only be regained by reaffirming the deen[/QUOTE]

Dear Sister In Islam
you know you have taken my thoughts and words right from my head and mouth, I was lost for nearly 1 year from islam I didn't do the things i should and I spent 1 year in total disharmony with my life my faith and everything I did, I reaffirmed my faith in Islam and there I was exuding happiness enough even my family doctor noticed it, Allah SWT created us with free will and we tend to misuse it against him
May allah forgive us, we feel sorry when life goes array, but we never stop to think of what we didn't do for allah he asks so little of us always and still in most peoples day he is an after thought is that what we should do think of our creator Last ... NO but when we feel happy we think Thank god thank allah for all of this. I just want to be happy please all of us please just be grateful for all we have!! think of the millions upon millions who have nothing ,
Do Not wait till tomorrow because you know what !!! it never comes dont put off till tomorrow what you can do today ....

May Allah bless us all as he always does and may we always prove to be the ones who remember to thank allah for his graciousness he is the most forgiving and the Only God ....