I need help in countering a hostile question--Important

Sister Fatma

Islam my Deen
I want to say that someone who was very anti-Islam had been in touch with me via youtube. I spent a lot of time refuting allegations and some of them were very foul but I tried to take the upper road. However, after a while, it seemed that whatever proof I tried to bring this person about Islam or our beloved prophet, Mohammed, peace be upon him, they did not want to "hear" it. Any of the things that I presented like the last sermon of Prophet Mohammed, peace be upon him, the rules on jizya tax, our Prophet's letter to Christian monks, the rules of war according to Islamic law, etc., were promptly dismissed or I was told that this is not what was practised, etc. I had good intentions but after a while I felt the negativity was consuming me so I had to let it go, may Allah forgive me for any wrongdoing. I was hoping to show this person that what the media portrays (in USA anyway) or what these bitter websites that he was looking at allegedly started by some disgruntled Iranians, were far from the truth. I am a fair person, I think, but I just could not take it anymore....

:salam2: brother
Don't be sad if u had nothing else to say or aren't knowledgeable enough it's best that u let it go.
I've been having an argument with some guy on youtube as well, he keeps on saying that muslim are terorist etc.
i then asked him when the christian went to africa kidnapped the blacks and enslaved them, what about the KKK, what about hitler, and let's not forget george bush and tony blair all these are christians, are they acting by christianity rule??
the weirdo could not answer the question so kept on changing the subject.
so i then let it go, u can check it out on youtube, go to Kamal uddin: press on the nasheed called Muhammed is my hero. there u'll c weeks of arguments between me and him.

cmelbouzaidi

Thank you Sister Fatma, I am a sister too :) The person started sending me "private messages" after finding out I was a university graduate and a revert to Islam as this seemed to surprise him :) I tried to send positive messages about Islam and not get angry about his opinions about Islam but after a while, even though I discovered many new and beautiful things about Islam, myself, it seemed to fall on deaf ears. I hate to think of someone out there, and of course there are many, getting a tainted view of Islam and not wanting to learn the truth..... and I had hoped there was room for change but I guess I was wrong. Anyway, Alhamdulillah, my faith became stronger as a result so it was not all bad :)

shichemlydia

simple answer

salam alikoum
just tell him this version of the quran "لا يسؤل عما يفعل و هم يسؤلون"
which means that allh is not asked about what he did and will do, and we are asked, because allah is the creatior and we are the weak slaves.
wa salam alikoum

i dont think u can tell him anything anything cause he is arrogant and only Allah swt can guide him........so my advise if he picks on u next time kick him in his B sack !

Sister Fatma

Islam my Deen
:wasalam: Sorry Sister Fatma, I should have started my response to you with this :hijabi:

:wasalam::biggrin:
sorry sis i should've asked first, i don't even know y i though u were a brother?

but yeah i know people like that do get on my nerves, coz they simply do not want 2 c the truth.
However we do our part by letting them know, ALLAH SWT will then asked them in Qiyamah we'll c then insha ALLAH what they reply will be.:SMILY126:
:hijabi::blackhijab:

amjaddamen

brother
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
dear brothers /sisters :some sisters remind me to say assalam alikm as they remind each other . i always say that in arabic in my life .
ok, we should remember that prophet (pbuh) as he loved his uncle (abutaleb)
he coud not persuade him to islam , keeping in mind that abutaleb loved the prophet as much as one of his sons.
so , do what you have to do and let the rest to allah.

jamilabdulmalik

Well talking arabic in his face wouldnt be a good idea because you're not answering his question. Just answer something logical to this absurd question. An idea:
God made us perfect, the best of creation. Fom Quran, surah Al-Qadr (The night of decree), verse 4:
"Verily, We created man in the best stature (mould)".

If women were to have an extra flap or skin (which of course sounds absurd), they would not be of the best creation. Think of a ferrari. You add anything extra like an enourmous spoiler (or a stupid flap of skin) it destroys that look. But you put canvas on the ferrari to sheild it from the sun and rain, right?

wonnee3

Trying 2 plz ALLAH
As some know,of my previous trial with the pork, the same Christian has taken a new appraoch in riducleing Islam, instead of phsyical contact, he has now taken on hostile "questions"

One of which really ticked me off, and I knew that I can easily refute it, but I can't remove the answer trapped within me. So I need help in shutting this guy up.

Can anyone give me a good suggestion in refuting this question:

" If God wanted women to wear hijabs, why diden't he give them an extra flap of skin from birth? "

If no one wants to dirty himself with answering this, it's fine, i'l just leave him be and shot him off into disregard.

Thanks.
As Salaamu Alaikum, my advice 2 u 4 a come back is askthe person y do nuns cover? the whole habit looks pretty much the same, but, they don't get any flak about what they wear, they understand the concept of modesty. ALLAH gave us the gift of choice... we choose 2 worship him or not, we choose 2 cover or not. those that know, know, those that don't, don't!

tabaria

:salam2:

It's good you try to refute the ignorant, but in many cases its impossible. Your best bet is to stay cool and the people reading the argument will be impressed.

About that question.
It is completely devoid of any logic. You should ask him or her why they wear pants. Surely if god wanted them to cover that part of their body he would have put a flap of skin. It's the same logic. To muslims we see this as pure nonsense, but the person actually asking the question think they are being smart and are making a good point.

Next tell them to look at all the church of nativity scenes, or even some movies that involve Isha (pbuh). I than want that person to explain what is that thing Mary has on her head. It certainly is not a flap of skin.

Next bring up catholic nuns, orthodox christians, and orthodox jewish women.

If they are an atheist the last two points wont work.
But i stress to not waste to much time on these type of people.

An Answer

Brother I think you should remind this person of the free will that Allah has given us and in giving us this free will He allowed us to CHOOSE whether or not to be righteous and wear the hijab... I assume this person is not particularly eloquent in speech due to the manner of his questioning which I find rather insulting. Please tell him there are certain ways of asking a question and not only was this person impolite but also demeaning as though wearing the hijab somehow goes against nature when in fact it enhances a woman and makes her more powerful and God-fearing.

Ashima33

Salaam,

I stumbled upon this thread I don't know how.

It's very insulting what this guy said... but I'm going to be honest... I laughed out loud when I read it. It's kind of funny to think about. a skin flap. oh people are ridiculous.

Valerie

I'm trying to imagine an extra skin flap to go over your head, and none of it looks pretty in my mind. I would have asked they guy why he doesn't run around naked. If he does.. Well I just don't want to go blind today, thanks :)

rayray

Lol! And why isn't there an invisible umbilical cord connecting the stomach of Obese Americans to starving African children!

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Can anyone give me a good suggestion in refuting this question:

" If God wanted women to wear hijabs, why diden't he give them an extra flap of skin from birth? "

How poetic.

Well, you can tell him that our purpose in this world is to serve the Creator. Thus, He will either reward or punish the individual. There would be no choice in having to walk around with an extra flap of skin since that would be something a woman would automatically have to deal with as it would already be on her person. She wouldn't choose to willingly cover herself, she would automatically be covered. There's no reward in walking around with an appendage that Allah has created you with. You have no choice. There IS reward in voluntarily making the choice to adhere to Allah's Command and putting that covering on yourself.

This is like asking what the simple purpose of clothing is. Non-Muslims don't walk around naked themselves so maybe you should ask him why he bothers to even put a shirt on everyday. It's not like God created him with it. :)

kayleigh

If God wanted people to wear clothes why didn't he cover them in feathers or scales?

Honestly, this is such a stupid thing to ask.