If kaafirs have good morals

Status
Not open for further replies.

asalaf salih

If kaafirs have good morals, will they enter Paradise? Will the children of the kuffaar enter Paradise?
Is it true that all the kuffaar, even if their morals are good and they do not harm anyone, will enter Hell? If the answer is yes, then what about non-Muslim children and those who had no choice but to be born kaafirs?.

Praise be to Allaah.
You should note that all the kaafirs who hear the message of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and do not enter Islam will go to Hell. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Qur’aan and Prophet Muhammad) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikoon will abide in the fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures”

[al-Bayyinah 98:6]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “By the One in Whose hand is my soul, no one of this nation, Jew or Christian, hears of me then dies without having believed in that with which I was sent, but he will be one of the people of the Fire.” Narrated by Muslim, 153.

The point is not whether their morals are good, rather the point is whether they submit to Allaah and obey his commands. Do you not see the Magians [Zoroastrians] or the Buddhists, for example, who worship fire or idols instead of Allaah, and they do not worship Allaah or submit to Him alone, and the Christians who say that God has a son, and other mushriks (those who associate others with Allaah). They are being ill-mannered towards Allaah, and insulting and reviling Him. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah says, ‘The son of Adam denied Me and he had no right to do so. And he reviled Me and he had no right to do so. As for his denying Me, it is his saying: He will not remake me as He made me at first - and the initial creation [of him] is no easier for Me than remaking him. As for his reviling Me, it is his saying: Allaah has taken to Himself a son, while I am the One, the Everlasting Refuge. I begot not nor was I begotten, and there is none comparable to Me.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4974.

So how can their morals be good when they are so ill-mannered towards Allaah, even though Allaah has given them hearing and sight, and has made everything easy for them, and has sent His Messengers to them and revealed His Books to them, and bestowed His blessings upon them, so it is His right that they should thank Him and not be ungrateful to Him or disbelieve in Him. If they do not do that then they deserve His punishment and wrath. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and your Lord treats no one with injustice”

[al-Kahf 18:49]

With regard to the situation of their children who die when still young, Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz was asked about that and he said:

If one who is not yet accountable dies among kaafir parents, then he comes under the same rulings as them in this world, so he should not be washed and the funeral prayer should not be offered for him, and he should not be buried in the Muslim graveyard.

But in the Hereafter his case is referred to Allaah. It was narrated in a saheeh report that when the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was asked about the children of the mushrikeen he said: “Allaah knows best what they would have done.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1384.

Some of the scholars were of the view that Allaah’s knowledge about them will be made manifest on the Day of Resurrection, and that they will be tested, as will the people who lived during the fatrah (interval between two Prophets) and others. If they do what they are told to do then they will enter Paradise, and if they disobey then they will enter Hell. There are saheeh ahaadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) which say that the people who lived during the fatrah (interval between two Prophets) will be tested on the Day of Resurrection. These are the people whom the call of the Messengers did not reach and those who come under a similar ruling, such as the children of the mushrikeen, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning)”

[al-Isra’ 17:15]

This is the most correct view among the various opinions concerning the people who lived during the fatrah (interval between two Prophets) and others whom the call did not reach, and it is the view favoured by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah and his student Ibn al-Qayyim, and a number of the earlier and later generations.
Majmoo’ Fataawa wa Maqaalaat Mutanawwi’ah, 3/163-164.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I have always felt the Qur'an has spoke for this issue strongly.

"Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians -- whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve" (2:62, 5:69)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

"Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians -- whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve" (2:62, 5:69)

:salam2:

The people referred to in the ayat that you quote are the original followers of the Prophets sent to them (Peace be upon them), who followed their Prophets and the revelation sent them without altering or ignoring it.

Unlike those who are amongst us in the present day, they are on misguidance and it is incumbent upon them to follow the deen of Islam, which is the only preserved religion of Allah Almighty, which will be till the end of time.

After the final messenger, Prophet Muhammad SallAllahu Alleihi Wa Sallam was sent to mankind as a mercy, the previous revelations were all abrogated and all mankind is to follow Islam. And Allah azz zawajal clearly states in the Holy Quran :-

Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam. [3:19]

And this is also mentioned in the authentic Hadeeth, that I recently encountered in the thread of akhi salahdin, which is as follows :-

The Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam even forbade the Muslims from acquiring religious information from the People of the Book; once, ‘Umar ibn Al-Khattaab, may Allaah be pleased with him, was reading some parts of one of the scriptures of the People of the Book to the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, so he got angry and said: "I have conveyed to you a clear religion. Do not ask them (the People of the Book) about anything, for they may tell you the truth while you belie them or they may lie and you might believe them. I swear by Him in Whose Hands is my soul, if Moosaa was alive, he would not have any choice but to follow me.” (Ahmad & Ibn Abi Shaybah).

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

asalaf salih

CORRECTION

Barakah Allahoe fik akhi,
It' s very important to know the dalil before using it. In such a case you may use tafsir ibnou kathir of an other to give a comment.
O believers say only the truth about ALLAH"
mAY ALLAH GUIDE US TO HIS TRUE PATH

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Waa Feekum. I agree with you completely that we should try to understand the context of the verse from knowledgeable scholars who base their understanding on our pious salaf (may be pleased with them).

Just to add to this discussion and make it clearer :-

From IslamQA

The Jews and Christians are both kaafirs and mushrikeen. They are kaafirs because they deny the truth and reject it. And they are mushrikeen because they worship someone other than Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And the Jews say: ‘Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allaah, and the Christians say: Messiah is the son of Allaah. That is their saying with their mouths, resembling the saying of those who disbelieved aforetime. Allaah’s Curse be on them, how they are deluded away from the truth!

31. They (Jews and Christians) took their rabbis and their monks to be their lords besides Allaah (by obeying them in things which they made lawful or unlawful according to their own desires without being ordered by Allaah), and (they also took as their Lord) Messiah, son of Maryam (Mary), while they (Jews and Christians) were commanded [in the Tawraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] to worship none but One Ilaah (God — Allaah) Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). Praise and glory be to Him (far above is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)”

[al-Tawbah 9:30, 31]

Here they are described as mushrikeen. In Soorat al-Bayyinah they are described as kaafirs, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Those who disbelieve from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al‑Mushrikoon, were not going to leave (their disbelief) until there came to them clear evidence”

[al-Bayyinah 98:1]

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, refuting those who say that the word mushrikeen cannot be applied to the People of the Book:

It is most likely that the people of the Book are included among the mushrikeen, men and women alike, when this word is used in general terms. because the kuffaar are undoubtedly mushrikeen. Hence they are forbidden to enter al-Masjid al-Haraam, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe (in Allaah’s Oneness and in His Messenger Muhammad)! Verily, the Mushrikoon (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah, and in the Message of Muhammad) are Najasun (impure). So let them not come near Al‑Masjid Al-Haraam (at Makkah) after this year”

[al-Tawbah 9:28]

If the People of the Book did not come under the general heading of mushrikeen, then this verse would not apply to them, and Allaah would not have referred to the beliefs of the Jews and Christians in Soorat Baraa’ah (al-Tawbah) where He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“they (Jews and Christians) were commanded [in the Tawraat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] to worship none but One Ilaah (God — Allaah) Laa ilaaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). Praise and glory be to Him (far above is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him)”

[al-Tawbah 9:31]

So they are all described as mushrikeen, because the Jews said that ‘Uzayr is the son of God and the Christians said that the Messiah is the son of God; and because they took their priests and rabbis as lords instead of Allaah. All of this is the worst form of shirk. And there are many similar verses. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 4/274

And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Kufr is denial and concealment of the truth, such as one who denies that prayer is obligatory, or that zakaah is obligatory, or that fasting Ramadaan is obligatory, or that doing Hajj when one is able to is obligatory, or that honouring one's parents is obligatory, and so on, or one who denies that zina is haraam, or that drinking intoxicants is haraam, or that disobeying one’s parents is haraam, and so on.

Shirk is devoting acts of worship to something or someone other than Allaah, such as one who seeks the help of the dead, those who are absent, the jinn, idols, the stars, and so on, or who offers sacrifices to them, or makes vows to them. A kaafir may be called a mushrik and a mushrik may be called a kaafir, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whoever invokes (or worships), besides Allaah, any other ilaah (god), of whom he has no proof; then his reckoning is only with his Lord. Surely, Al‑Kaafiroon (the disbelievers in Allaah and in the Oneness of Allaah, polytheists, pagans, idolaters) will not be successful”
[al-Mu’minoon 23:117]

“Verily, whosoever sets up partners (in worship) with Allaah, then Allaah has forbidden Paradise to him, and the Fire will be his abode”

[al-Maa'idah 5:72]

And Allaah says in Soorat Faatir (interpretation of the meaning):

“Such is Allaah, your Lord; His is the kingdom. And those, whom you invoke or call upon instead of Him, own not even a Qitmeer (the thin membrane over the date stone).

14. If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call; and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them. And none can inform you (O Muhammad) like Him Who is the All‑Knower (of everything)”
[Faatir 35:13-14]

Their calling on anything other than Allaah is called shirk in this soorah, but in Soorat al-Mu’minoon it is called kufr.

Allaah says in Soorat al-Tawbah (interpretation of the meaning):

“They (the disbelievers, the Jews and the Christians) want to extinguish Allaah’s Light (with which Muhammad has been sent — Islamic Monotheism) with their mouths, but Allaah will not allow except that His Light should be perfected even though the Kaafiroon (disbelievers) hate (it).

33. It is He Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikoon (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah) hate (it)”

[al-Tawbah 9:32-33]

Here Allaah calls the kuffaar kuffaar, and He calls them mushrikeen. This indicates that a kaafir may be called a mushrik and a mushrik may be called a kaafir. There are many similar verses and ahaadeeth.

Another example is the hadeeth in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Between a man and shirk and kufr there stands his giving up prayer.” Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh from Jaabir ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him). And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The covenant that differentiates us from them is prayer; whoever gives it up is a kaafir.” Narrated by Imam Ahmad, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nasaa’i and Ibn Maajah with a saheeh isnaad from Buraydah ibn al-Husayb (may Allaah be pleased with him). And Allaah is the Source of strength. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 9/174, 175.

The Shaykh (may Allaah have mercy on him) also said:

It is also shirk to worship only something other than Allaah. This is called shirk, and it is called kufr. Whoever turns away from Allaah altogether and devotes his worship to something other than Allaah, such as trees, rocks, idols, the jinn or some of the dead such as those whom they call awliya’ (“saints”), and worship them, pray to them or fast for them, and forget Allaah altogether, this is the worst form of kufr and shirk. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound. Similarly those who deny the existence of Allaah and say that there is no god, that life is only material, such as the communists and atheists, are the most disbelieving and misguided of people, and the worst in terms of shirk. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound. The point is that people who hold these and similar beliefs are all regarded as mushrikeen and kaafirs who disbelieve in Allaah. Some people, out of ignorance, mistakenly regard calling upon the dead and seeking their help as waseelah and think that it is permissible. This is a serious error, because this action is one of the worst forms of shirk and associating others with Allaah. Some ignorant people and mushrikeen call it waseelah, but it is the religion of the mushrikeen whom Allaah criticized and condemned. He sent the Messenger and revealed His Books to denounce it and warn against it. End quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 4/32, 33

Link : http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/67626

Mohamed's wife7

"O you who believe, no people shall ridicule other people, for they may be better than they. Nor shall any women ridicule other women, for they may be better than they. Nor shall you mock one another, or call each other names. Evil indeed is the reversion to wickedness after attaining faith. Anyone who does not repent after this, these are the transgressors." (49:11)

that is not what Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) said when it comes to greeting non-muslims. Be careful who u take ur deen from. Kuffar is a an extreme way of labeling someone whos non-beleiver. How are we to say whos kuffar when we dont know whats in mankind's hearts of their beliefs, only Allah can?:girl3:

asalaf salih

Sister..wife,
you re using the wrong ayat in the wrong place in the wrong subject.
I think you need first to know the meaning of the ayat why it cammed and for whom it cammed.
And try please not to use smiley' s. That' s the first thing you should know about.
May Allah forgive you

sakeranz

it mentioned in Quran

Al Baqarah 62
Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allâh and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Al hajj 22:17
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Sabians, Christians, Magians, and Polytheists,- Allah will judge between them on the Day of Judgment: for Allah is witness of all things.

note that sabians = polytheist etc

if non-muslim living in a remote villages, and all of his life time, he have good morals, and the light of Islam, by Imam, Daee etc never reach him...or nobody told him about true meaning of Islam,
will he burn in hell?

i believe it's only Allah can decide this matters.....

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

:wasalam:,

lets re-read the verse. 2 requisites are told:

1. who believe in Allah and Last Day
2. do good deeds

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
if non-muslim living in a remote villages, and all of his life time, he have good morals, and the light of Islam, by Imam, Daee etc never reach him...or nobody told him about true meaning of Islam,
will he burn in hell?

i believe it's only Allah can decide this matters.....

:salam2:,

maybe then he or she will be tested on Judgment Day. and mashallah you are right......only Allah can decide.

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

Yes we do not decide who enters heaven and hell, Allah only does that. But as I have observed the issue is very clear but there is a bit of confusion. Kuffar indicates disbelievers, there is nothing extreme here. You have to call a disbeliever a disbeliever and a muslim a muslim, even though we do not know what might happen towards the end/ in the future. There is nothing extreme in it. And actually there is no point in arguing on this, The prophet's صلى الله عليه و سلم uncle abu talib will be in hell fire, even though he supported the prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم and did good to the muslims. Again another example, if mother teressa has not died upon Islam then she will not enter heaven. And please we should not take out single verses of the quran with out the tafsirs and try to make out meanings of them. It is better than we read tafsirs and understand the true meanings of the verses.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

In the Quran Allah tells us not to worry about who is going to enter His Abode. His Will.

When we label we have to be careful. We limit by labeling. We place the object in a box; a prison.

We do not possess the knowledge as to when The Light will enter a soul's heart and unleash Love.

So we, as Believers, enjoin all other Believers in making dua for all of His Creation.

Islam is inclusive.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

So this is why it's really our big responsibility to do dawah as much as we can, and to call others to Islam with the best manner and beautiful preaching. Because even if someone has good morals, but they live a secular lifestyle and don't believe in the Day of Judgement and that their every single action will be judged upon, then they will still be held accountable for that. I won't say that they will enter Heaven or Hell because only Allah (SWT) is the judge for that.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

How does one decided what is a constructive hadidth. Why would actions and words of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, change through the passage of time.
The words of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, are not restricted to time.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalaamu `alaykum

When we say the Kuffaar will go to hell-fire then we are making a general statement and not referring to a specific person.

So we as muslims don't point out at a specific non-muslim and say "You are going to hell-fire", as Allaah can guide him, if He wills. At the same time one should be careful to say that using the word "Kaafir" is extreme, as this is the modernistic approach taken by some of those people who compromise their Deen.

A Kaafir by definition is anyone who does not believe in the message after the proof is established for him, then he is a kaafir, whether it is because of denial, uncertainty, despondence, arrogance, or hesitation, etc. So the people to whom the message did not reach is out of question, as the authentic narrations show that they will be judged on the Day of Judgement by Allaah, the Most Just!

Imam Ahmad reported from Al-Aswad bin Sari' that the Messenger of Allah :saw2: said: "There are four who will present their case on the Day of Resurrection: a deaf man who never heard anything, an insane man, a very old and senile man, and a man who died during the Fatrah. As for the deaf man, he will say, "O Lord, Islam came but I never heard anything.'' As for the insane man, he will say, "O Lord, Islam came and the young boys were throwing camel dung at me.'' As for the senile man, he will say, "O Lord, Islam came and I did not understand anything.'' As for the one who died during the Fatrah, he will say, "O Lord, no Messenger from You came to me.'' Allah will accept their pledge of obedience to Him, then He will send word to them that they should enter the Fire. By the One in Whose Hand is the soul of Muhammad, if they enter it, it will be cool and safe for them."

Wassalaamu `alaykum

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
the simple thing, whether the hadiths against quran logic or not, or even against commons senses.
remember Quran is devine guidence from Allah Swt

The Sunnah of the Rasool SallAllahu Alleihi Wa Sallama that are authentically recorded and transmitted to us is also wahy (revelation).

Surah An Najm Ayah 2 through Ayah 5

Your companion [Muhammad] has not strayed, nor has he erred,
Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination.
It is not but a revelation revealed,
Taught to him by one intense in strength

Infact the scholars of Ahl Us Sunnah always consider Sunnah as part of Wahy. Imam Suyuti Rahimullah said

“Wahy is actual two types of Wahy; Wahy that we have been commanded to write down and that we have been commanded to worship by its recitation, and each letter is rewarded with 10 good deeds. And the other type of Wahy we have not been commanded to preserve in writing, or worship through its recitation, it is indeed the Sunnah of the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam.”

And then he referred to the word of Allah azz zawajal

وَمَا آتَاكُمُ الرَّسُولُ فَخُذُوهُ وَمَا نَهَاكُمْ عَنْهُ فَانتَهُوا
Surah Hashr Ayah 7

And whatever the Messenger has given you - take; and what he has forbidden you - refrain from.

Also please pay attention to this Hadeeth :-

Sayeed Ibn Musayyib Rahimullah, he was in the Masjid, giving a lecture, and one of the things he was speaking about that evening was that Allah curses in His book the woman who artificially extends her hair, and the one requests this be done, and a woman who tattoos, and the one who requests tattoos, until the end of the hadith.

A woman was walking by and she stopped and heard this hadith, then
continued on her way. After a week, she came back and stood up during his
halaqa and said, “O Shaikh, you mentioned a week ago on a night like this
that in the Book of Allah is such and such things, and I have read it from
cover to cover, and I did not find what you claim is in it.

He said, “If you had truly read it, you would have found it.”

He added “If you had read it with reflection and depth of understanding of everything in it, you would have found it. Did you not read the words of Allah Most High, “Wa maa ataakum ar rasoolu fa khudhuhu?”

She said, “Yes, I read it.”

He said, “This is what the Messenger of Allah commanded us with.”
Sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam.

and the fact that we can learn through history, those who "preach" hadith like 'death to apostate" , their society become "going nowhere", or even anihilated by kafirs compared by society that allow their ummah to use their own ihtijad to choose hadiths

Can you tell me which scholar of Ahlus Sunnah allows us to reject Saheeh hadeeth as part of our 'ijtihaad' ?

note that Abu huraira hadiths are sahih according bukhari etc
yet Umar ibn khatab rejected them...

Never, my brother. Your understanding is definitely incorrect. Umar RadiAllahu Anhu used to gather the Sahaba during his Khilafa and ask them if they knew a narration from Prophet SallAllahu Alleihi Wa Sallam which will help him radiAllahu Anhu to make proper decisions and solve issues that he faced.

but society today, think sahih is sahih, than ummah must follow all without a doubt? should we kill apostate? even it's against quran logic?
i dont think so...

If we *personally* feel that Saheeh Hadeeth is contradicting or opposing Quran, then we are making a mistake in understanding the hadeeth in the right context.

That's why we need to ask the scholars for such explanation of hadeeth. Otherwise we will reject Allah's revelation (I am referring to the Sunnah) because we think it if opposing the Quran (also Allah's revelation).

How can one form of Allah's revelation contradict the other ? Not possible.

I would encourage you to visit our subforum 'Fundamental beliefs in Islam : Tawheed and Aqeedah' and refresh your knowledge with regards to status of Sunnah in our religion.

Fundamental beliefs in Islam : Tawheed and Aqeedah

Especially this thread :-

That which has been Revealed to us, The importance of the Sunnah

Status
Not open for further replies.