is playing games completely haram

MutlekM

hello i need to know if playing games is completely haram even if its not bad. if it is to entrantainment. please if you could give me a awnser from a person who knows the quran.

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

There are hadiths that tell of Rasool racing his camel against Aisha's camel. There are also hadiths where Rasool wrestled with his companions. Islam is not a religion of grim worship and rigid, nonsmiling faces. We are blessed to worship in ease so games are not haram within themselves. It is when games lead to sin such as gambling or intermingling of th sexes that they become haram.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Salaam,

There are hadiths that tell of Rasool (Sallah Wallihi Wassalam) racing his camel against Aisha's camel. There are also hadiths where Rasool (Sallah Wallihi Wassalam) wrestled with his companions. Islam is not a religion of grim worship and rigid, nonsmiling faces. We are blessed to worship in ease so games are not haram within themselves. It is when games lead to sin such as gambling or intermingling of th sexes that they become haram.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

^ Alhamdulilah for the religion of Al-Islam...
The games you play should also not cause you to delay your prayer

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Salam,
I also heard that if you play any game that mimicks life, for example a MMORPG, it's haram because your playing around with your own virtual "creation". Can anyone clarify on this?

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

For games such as video games where you play a character I would ask a mufti or scholar about that one. Many can give opinions here but given the modernity of the question we would need a fatwa for interpretation. One of you fellas should write in to Islam Q&A and ask. :)

Salaam,

For games such as video games where you play a character I would ask a mufti or scholar about that one. Many can give opinions here but given the modernity of the question we would need a fatwa for interpretation. One of you fellas should write in to Islam Q&A and ask. :)

Islam Q&A never replies( to me that is cause mayb my questions r to crooked) + some of their fatwas r weird.......

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/97681/games

abu turaab

hello i need to know if playing games is completely haram even if its not bad. if it is to entrantainment. please if you could give me a awnser from a person who knows the quran.

:salam2: the basic principle regarding entertainment in islam which is also easy to understand is...that when a muslim entertains himself/herself by some games or any other similar things then these should neither weaken his/her faith in any level nor distort it in anyway!!...neither it should even weaken the strength of any obligation(fard) which he is observing!..the nearer and a good example is of Salah!...after he finishes the game,it would be easy for the person to judge the relative strenght during offering his Salah...a salah more closer to the Prophet's(S.A.W)Salah should be the ultimate goal for a true Muslim!.
Similarly the entertainment must not affect any other obligations...for example a husband whose wife is not much literate in Islam...and he gets a limited time out of the day..then he must not go for the game,rather he should teach her about islam :) same for the wife.
This world is merely a testing room,and muslims now-a-days seem to repeat the examples of the Prophet(S.A.W.)regarding entertainment.well,ok!..but they seem to be forgetting the proportion of that very entertainment to the enormous obligations and responsibilities that he was bearing on his shoulders all along his life!..and that entertainment..........
used to be not more than drinking a glass of tap water in the middle of the most difficult exam one could even imagine!!..aahhh!!..our beloved Prophet..May ALLAH give Him Muqam-al mahmood and help us to follow his footsteps!..Aameen!!

mrshazzi786

That is quiet true... when you say "the basic principle regarding entertainment in islam which is also easy to understand is...that when a muslim entertains himself/herself by some games or any other similar things then these should neither weaken his/her faith in any level nor distort it in anyway!!"