Kite Runner

kayleigh

I haven't, but my friend has and said it was an amazing movie and was pretty true to the book. The only part that bothered her was the rape scene.

dianek

I heard it was brillantly filmed but very controversial and that the boy in the film had to relocate for his safety after the movie was filmed. I want to try and go to see the film before going back to work on Wednesday. I am hoping, and I haven't read the book, but I am hoping that it doesn't haven't any negative portrayals of Islam in it..........

Salaam,

I went to see it with some of my family early this week. There were a few things that bothered me:

1) The movie blasts Pashtoons and makes them look real bad/evil people. It made the Pashtoon people look pedophiles, racists, and killers. I'm sure this is the sentiment that many people, especially non-Muslims got from the movie.

2) The rape scene - I believe Afghanistan & UAE did not show the film in their countries.

3) What was with all that alcohol scenes. I don't know what role that played in the movie or what subliminal messages it was giving :astag:

The movie had a few positive points, but overall I believe it really made the Pashtoon people of Afghanistan look bad. Although I never read the book, I can see how many Americans fell in love with the story....some parts were tragic...happy...emotional...blending of cultures...

P.S. This is criticism directly from an Afghan ;)

dawahforever

Asalaamu Alaikum

I didnt' know it was a movie yet..I read the book recently and the author has an amazing writing style. I was bothered that they made the taliban look like nazis..maybe I am naive but I don't beleive what the media made the taliban out to look like...I'm sure there were some postive aspects. Correct me if I'm wrong. Like how about giving them credit for overthrowing the communists in Russia or getting rid of the opium etc...

Wa Salaamu Alaikum
D4E

As long as i have only seen the trailor i think People will effectded by watching such films that whatever they are , not enjoying their freedom, they need more, more and more.And they will get a negative view.

its may be true that talibans had right intention but thwere was missing the right instruction and plans.

Storm

SiStEr
Salaam,

I went to see it with some of my family early this week. There were a few things that bothered me:

1) The movie blasts Pashtoons and makes them look real bad/evil people. It made the Pashtoon people look pedophiles, racists, and killers. I'm sure this is the sentiment that many people, especially non-Muslims got from the movie.

2) The rape scene - I believe Afghanistan & UAE did not show the film in their countries.

3) What was with all that alcohol scenes. I don't know what role that played in the movie or what subliminal messages it was giving :astag:

The movie had a few positive points, but overall I believe it really made the Pashtoon people of Afghanistan look bad. Although I never read the book, I can see how many Americans fell in love with the story....some parts were tragic...happy...emotional...blending of cultures...

P.S. This is criticism directly from an Afghan ;)

I completely agree with you

MOSABJA

I didnt watch the movie but i have read the story a bit the film potrays TALIBAN as BRUTAL and NAZIS and RAPISTS while HAZARA shias and ordinary people as their victim .The most controversial part is the character of a TALIBAN named ASSEF who rapes Sohrab(a child) and Hassan.

Assef — a bisexual teenage rapist from Amir's neighborhood in Kabul, antagonist, brutally sodomizes Hassan. Assef is the son of a German mother and Afghan father; as an adult Assef is a member of the Taliban. He has sympathies for Hitler and a hatred of Hazaras, giving a book about his "idol" to Amir at Amir's thirteenth birthday. Many years later, he becomes a Talib-executioner and pedophile. Sohrab severely damages one of his eyes during his fight with Amir.

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY PEOPLE GET FOOLED BY WESTERN MEDIA.

There has been a lot of propaganda against Taliban only because they enforced shariah and is seen as Islamic expansionist force in Central Asia.

THIS MOVIE IS PRODUCED BY DREAM WORKS SKG. The known FREEMASONIC company run by JEWS which has operated with the famous freemasonic jew director STEVEN SPIELBERG.

Its not suprising that masonic symbolism would be inserted into a movie, or even be the main story line. Look at any film production company animation before a movie starts. For example the Dreamworks SKG scene starts with a Brick being thrown into the water, which then become a fishing lure. I dont know why the kid in the moon would fish with a brick, but if you pause it and play it frame by frame you will see the Smooth Ashlar. Then theres the many morning star symbols, like a friction match (also known as a Lucifer) being struck preceding a rising sun, or a light house flashing before a rising sun, and so on.

Any list of the most influential production executives at each of
the major movie studios will produce a heavy majority of recognizable
Jewish names." [MEDVED, p. 1] ... Consider the well-publicized
reshuffling that recently rocked the Walt Disney Company, involving
some of the mightiest and most highly paid media moguls. In this game
of corporate musical chairs, Disney C.E.O. and Chairman of the Board,
Michael Eisner lost the services of his movie production chief, Jeffrey
Katzenberg, who became part of the much-heralded new "dream team"
(formally incorporated as DreamWorks SKG) with Steven Spielberg
and David Geffen. {[In 1990 Forbes magazine called Geffen -- a former
agent and record producer -- the richest man in Hollywood." [KOTKIN,
p. 62] The first project out of DreamWorks was also by a Jewish
producer, Gary Goldberg, whose earlier "gentle, semi-autobiographical
look at a middle-class Jewish family

Most of the television and movie production companies that are not owned by the large media corporations are also controlled by Jews.

For example, Spyglass, an "independent" film producer which has made such films as The Sixth Sense, The Insider, and Shanghai Noon, is controlled by its Jewish founders Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum, who are co-chairmen. Jonathan Glickman serves as president and Paul Neinstein is executive vice president. Both men are Jews. Spyglass makes movies exclusively for DreamWorks SKG.

The best known of the smaller media companies, DreamWorks SKG, is a strictly kosher affair. DreamWorks was formed in 1994 amid great media hype by recording industry mogul David Geffen, former Disney Pictures chairman Jeffrey Katzenberg, and film director Steven Spielberg, all three of whom are Jews. The company produces movies, animated films, television programs, and recorded music. Considering the cash and connections that Geffen, Katzenberg, and Spielberg have, DreamWorks may soon be in the same league as the big four.

If you want to believe in the words of FREEMASONS who are fore runners of the DAJJAL(meaning liar) Then it's your own choice to believe in LIARS

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
I am an Afghan and Pashtun.

Whenever the west or USA in particular starts a war against a group, tribe, country, nation...it not only destroys them with their bombs, but also with their media.

USA encourages, nourishes, advertises and propagates all the books, films...that defames its enemies.

All Afghans and particularly Pashtuns are are fighting US occupation of Afghanistan and the US in return are destroying them by whatever means it can.

There are Pashtuns on the Pakistan side too. They have been bombarded by not only US planes occssionally, but by its own Pakistani government too. And what is the excuse for it? That Bin Laden is hiding there which is a load of bull.....

So dear brothers and sisters, just as you don't want to draw image of a muslim from the description of western media, you should not believe a word of what they show in their films and books about Afhgans and Pashtuns.

Wassalam

q8penpals

Salam

Um, how did this post about a movie (based on a book written by an Afghani guy) become a "Let's use this as a reason to bash the US" post?

For crying out loud, the guy who wrote it IS AFGHANI!!!!!! HE wrote it, and yea, some American company made a movie about it, big deal? If you read a biography of the author, you will see that many of the events in the book are based on things he encountered (based on, not completely the same). IT IS A BOOOOOOK people, a FICTION BOOK, it is not advertised as a historical non-fiction or anything. Good grief.

I thought it was an excellent book - I got it for a bookclub, and I read it in about 8 hours - I couldn't put it down, even during the disturbing parts - it made me feel about every emotion a person can.

Get a grip people, take fiction as fiction.

Lana

dianek

Salam

Um, how did this post about a movie (based on a book written by an Afghani guy) become a "Let's use this as a reason to bash the US" post?

For crying out loud, the guy who wrote it IS AFGHANI!!!!!! HE wrote it, and yea, some American company made a movie about it, big deal? If you read a biography of the author, you will see that many of the events in the book are based on things he encountered (based on, not completely the same). IT IS A BOOOOOOK people, a FICTION BOOK, it is not advertised as a historical non-fiction or anything. Good grief.

I thought it was an excellent book - I got it for a bookclub, and I read it in about 8 hours - I couldn't put it down, even during the disturbing parts - it made me feel about every emotion a person can.

Lana

I thoroughly enjoy your posts! You are so open-minded and sincere! And you take a no-nonsense approach to everything......thanks for always being the voice of reason!!!!

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I DID want to see this movie and I especially wanted my father to see it as he is of Pashtun background but based on all the negative remarks about how they're portrayed, I'm starting to wonder if it's still a good idea...as he's Pakistani and isn't too crazy about Afghans, I don't want him to become brainwashed by the media and think worse things about them.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Salam

Lana

Fine !!! This is a BOOOOOOOK.

Why don't they write excellent booooooks about the "9/11 the Inside Job" story, and a movie made on it and then shown in the cinema houses and on TV ?
I would accept it even if they present it as a FICTION.

But NO... The only fiction we see is aginst Muslims and Taliban etc. Why?
Why these open mided people do not write "fiction" about the known criminals of the world ?

Are they really open minded ?

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
taking the response of brother Munawa forward, why don't they wrtie a BOOOOK about Guantanamobay, why dond't they write a BOOOOK about over 1 million Iraqis they have killed in the last few years, why don't they write a BOOOOK about millions of people they deprived from their basic human rights, that is to live?

I could go on and on and on......

I can see that the nationalism is taking over the rationalism and sympathy for the victims whose homes are being destroyed and then rediculed in the books and on big screens and of course, others choosing it for bookclubs.

well, what can i say. those who have power are always right

dianek

Fine !!! This is a BOOOOOOOK.

Why don't they write excellent booooooks about the "9/11 the Inside Job" story, and a movie made on it and then shown in the cinema houses and on TV ?
I would accept it even if they present it as a FICTION.

But NO... The only fiction we see is aginst Muslims and Taliban etc. Why?
Why these open mided people do not write "fiction" about the known criminals of the world ?

Are they really open minded ?

THEY DID!!!! See Faranheit 9/11 and there was another about the news coverage....kind of documentarish but still!

dianek

taking the response of brother Munawa forward, why don't they wrtie a BOOOOK about Guantanamobay, why dond't they write a BOOOOK about over 1 million Iraqis they have killed in the last few years, why don't they write a BOOOOK about millions of people they deprived from their basic human rights, that is to live?

I could go on and on and on......

I can see that the nationalism is taking over the rationalism and sympathy for the victims whose homes are being destroyed and then rediculed in the books and on big screens and of course, others choosing it for bookclubs.

As stated earlier, an Afghani wrote the book, not an american.

Salaam respected brother,

You brought an excellent topic forward. If you look at history those who have significant power in the world during whatever time period, they are responsible for shaping the world and history, through their technology, media, radio, television, newspapers, etc. They set the minds for the people.

Sister Diane - It's true The Kite Runner book was written by an Afghan, but who was the consumers (buyers)? It was Americans, they purchased his books, made it the #1 Best Seller, they influenced it be on the big screen. Why do you think countries like Afghanistan banned the movie!?

I don't like to point fingers, especially to American Muslims who are patriotic of their country, but you must understand that the U.S. currently has the most power in the world and they help & support books/movies to grow, defend, and sustain their position! Wouldn't you do the same??

dianek

Salaam respected brother,

You brought an excellent topic forward. If you look at history those who have significant power in the world during whatever time period, they are responsible for shaping the world and history, through their technology, media, radio, television, newspapers, etc. They set the minds for the people.

Sister Diane - It's true The Kite Runner book was written by an Afghan, but who was the consumers (buyers)? It was Americans, they purchased his books, made it the #1 Best Seller, they influenced it be on the big screen. Why do you think countries like Afghanistan banned the movie!?

I don't like to point fingers, especially to American Muslims who are patriotic of their country, but you must understand that the U.S. currently has the most power in the world and they help & support books/movies to grow, defend, and sustain their position! Wouldn't you do the same??

You know, I don't know. Unfortunately, I don't walk around thinking that EVERYTHING in this world is some big CONSPIRACY theory!!!! It's just a book! Nothing more nothing less. AND I don't think America has as much power as everyone thinks. Our dollar is way down, people losing their houses, etc. I think we like "human stories" those that touch us. In a world where we are so detached from the human aspect because of politics etc., we long to connect on some emotional level. Books and movies allow us that. I LOVE to see a real tear jerker movie as it reminds......I am alive and I do feel and I am able to feel compassion, I am not as NUMB as I thought after all. Does that make sense?